Start by marking “Jesus, Life Coach: Learn from the Best” as Want to Read:
Jesus, Life Coach: Learn from the Best

Jesus, Life Coach: Learn from the Best

4.12  ·  Rating details ·  178 Ratings  ·  21 Reviews
In the game of life, only one Coach will do.

Best-selling author, Laurie Beth Jones takes her uniquely passionate brand of motivational writing to a new level and lays out a faith-based program to get your whole life in shape?with Jesus as your personal trainer.

This is your playbook for success?a wealth of information and inspiration that will motivate you to excel in and e
Published February 19th 2006 by Thomas Nelson (first published 2004)

To ask other readers questions about Jesus, Life Coach, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Jesus, Life Coach

Sebastian Melgin
Jul 03, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: self-development
Excellent book for self-development even if you're not Christian!
May 03, 2012 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
One of the things that I struggle with as an entrepreneur is using my theological background to inform my business. This author uses the teachings of Jesus in the frame as a life coach. The illustrations in this book and the fresh applications leave me turning the next page.I am amazed how she bridges the gap between the bible world and the business world.I am hoping that as I reading more of her books that I will be able to emulate some of her techniques and practices. Most of all I hope that I ...more
Linda Rodrigues
Jun 25, 2012 rated it it was amazing
I picked up "Jesus, Life Coach: Learn from the Best" at a library sale a couple of years ago, and having just read this 2004 inspirational book, I am sorry that I didn't read it right away. Laurie Beth Jones is a wonderful writer, but what really engages the reader are the questions she poses at the end of each short chapter. Answering those questions creates a blueprint for where you are right now on your spiritual path and where you could be, if you seek holiness with Jesus as your guide.
J. Ewbank
Jun 05, 2014 rated it liked it
Shelves: a-good-read, religion
This book by Jones is well worth reading. I gave it to my wife so she could read it and use it as devotional material for her group. Jones takes the thesis that Jesus is the best life coach we can have and coming from a coaching background she is able to give us a lot of help and information.

J. Robert Ewbank author "John Wesley, Natural Man, and the Isms" "Wesley's Wars" and "To Whom It May Concern"
Jul 28, 2009 rated it liked it
Shelves: religious, self-help
Some interesting thoughts, some. Although my favorite parts were the questions at the end of the short chapters. Gave me some thinking to do. I think this book was written for the entry level spiritual seekers. Not that I'm some PhD, however . . . Like I said, I liked the questions at the end of the chapters best.
Oct 14, 2012 rated it it was amazing
This book is amazing, the author brings you through chapters like Think inside the solutions. Questions to ponder: Are you willing to submit to a spiritual "full body scan" with Jesus? If so, when? Then she gives points to think about, "It is said that we have about sixty thousand thoughts per day ~ most of them random."
Denise Sarkor
Mar 28, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: psychology
A book about your "being" and not your "doing." Practical wisdom on how to live a full life. Beautifully done with vivid storytelling that will leave a lasting impression on you. You will never be the same after reading this book.
Aug 04, 2012 rated it it was amazing
This is a great book to read slowly and thoughtfully. Each brief chapter is followed by questions to ponder. I actually wrote my answers in a spiral bound notebook as a way of really engaging the powerful lessons. I read this as a part of my morning prayer and meditation time.
Carrie Jo
Jan 20, 2015 rated it it was amazing
This book was inspirational. By reading this book I was able to concentrate on practical ways that I can be more Christian in my daily life. It also gave me a spiritual basis for pushing myself to do more with my life. I highly recommend this book!
Melinda Adair
Apr 19, 2011 rated it really liked it
I do love her stuff! Easy to read and you can get quite a bit out of the short chapters. Reads great as a devotional, esp if you are a leader!
Nov 07, 2012 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: spirituality
This is one of those books that I liked so much, I slowed my reading down. It has short little stories that are thought provoking and easy to read.
Sarah Kortright
Jan 04, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Always thought-provoking, in doable bite-sized chapters.
Pete Aldin
Jan 23, 2012 rated it really liked it
Really useful, really helpful, and delivered in small enough chunks to fit into a ten minute break at work or over breakfast. Loved it.
LaVonne Earl
Jul 20, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Awesome book!
Dec 29, 2011 rated it it was amazing
really enjoyed the wealth of daily truth nuggets,definitely going to read it again
Eva Buthy
Oct 22, 2012 rated it it was amazing
"Focus is the beginning of power".
J Crossley
Mar 27, 2016 rated it liked it
This book takes a unique approach to the current hip thing of having a life coach. It suggests making Jesus the life coach that you follow so that your life is richer.
David Kobelin
Aug 06, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Encouraging, inspiring and thought-provoking. I would recommend this to anyone who wants to have a daily reminder/inspiration regarding who we were meant to be.
Aryel Reed
Nov 28, 2012 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition

This is a great book that also allow you to coach yourself at the end of each chapter.
Linda Callahan
Oct 14, 2014 rated it really liked it
Great book. The format is good. Basically like a daily devotional. Easy to take one day at a time.
Aug 26, 2011 rated it it was amazing
Wow, this book has a lot of meat in it. Excellent. I read it as part of my daily devotionals. And I believe I'll read it again----
Feb 19, 2012
Dec 06, 2017
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 next »
  • The Making of a Man of God: Lessons from the Life of David
  • Ten Powerful Phrases for Positive People
  • Facing Terror: The True Story of How an American Couple Paid the Ultimate Price Because of Their Love of Muslim People
  • Practicing Greatness: 7 Disciplines of Extraordinary Spiritual Leaders
  • Miracle Math: How to Develop a Calculator in Your Head
  • Encouragement Changes Everything: Bless and Be Blessed
  • Mrs. Mack
  • Vine's Complete Expository Dictionary of Old and New Testament Words: With Topical Index
  • Social Boom!: How to Master Business Social Media to Brand Yourself, Sell Yourself, Sell Your Product, Dominate Your Industry Market, Save Your Butt, Rake in the Cash, and Grind Your Competition Into the Dirt
  • Tender Warrior: God's Intention for a Man
  • Reinvention: How to Make the Rest of Your Life the Best of Your Life
  • The Passionate Intellect: Christian Faith and the Discipleship of the Mind
  • The Shadow of the Winter Palace: Russia's Drift to Revolution 1825-1917
  • Good to Great in God's Eyes: 10 Practices Great Christians Have in Common
  • Finishing Strong: Going the Distance for Your Family
  • Kapitan Cook
  • Integrity Selling for the 21st Century: How to Sell the Way People Want to Buy
  • Bible History: Old Testament
“…the fruit merely a manifestation of what was inside the tree all along.” 1 likes
“Do you get to use your greatest strength every day at work?” 0 likes