Start by marking “Rivers of London Volume 6: Water Weed” as Want to Read:
Rivers of London Volume 6: Water Weed

Rivers of London Volume 6: Water Weed

(Rivers of London: Water Weed #1-4)

It's all gone to pot!

London's waterways have been overrun by a brutal and beautiful queenpin of crime. A menacing figure known only as the Hoodette is sending her henchmen along the river to distribute her new magically produced drug. Unfortunately for them, the waterways are home to the Rivers of London--ancient gods and goddesses of the British capital who just so happen
Published October 9th 2018 by Titan Comics

To ask other readers questions about Rivers of London Volume 6, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Rivers of London Volume 6

Start your review of Rivers of London Volume 6: Water Weed
Paul E. Morph
Sep 21, 2018 rated it liked it
These Rivers of London seem to consistently hit the 3 stars mark for me. I'm currently undecided as to whether that's good enough to keep reading them. Not that anyone cares. Why do I write these again? ...more
RG
Jan 27, 2019 rated it really liked it
I love this series as I'm a massive fanboy of the novels. However I can imagine some people hating this. Very simple plot and to a degree not necessary. Hopefully he writes more novels.
Andrew
Dec 12, 2018 rated it really liked it
And so we return to the world of Rivers of London which is turning in to one of my all time favourite books series of recent years.

Yes this collected book of comics from the same series is a little light and as a result cannot develop the full and rich story you would expect from the novels what you do get is a fun jaunt through a London which is both instantly recognisable but utter other worldly.

The series is set in the same time line as the books which I have to admit I am still working my
Margaret
Jan 07, 2019 rated it it was ok
Shelves: graphic-novels
The least enjoyable of the Rivers of London graphic novels. I just found this one dull and somewhat pointless.
Chris
Feb 07, 2019 rated it really liked it
Very good addition to the series. I hope everyone who read the Rivers of London series knows that the graphic novels aren't standalone but actually develop the overarching story arc, too.
AndrewP
Number 6 of the collected Rivers of London graphic novels. This involves Peter and associates tracking down the source of a marijuana operation along the River Thames. The name of this particular brand of dope is Werelight Weed, which gives you a clue that this is not a normal growing operation.

A pretty clever plot/story with a thought provoking conclusion.

Now on to the next full novel in the series...
Siobhán
Dec 15, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Much better than the last one, good story, funny, I like it!
Sadie Slater
Jan 20, 2019 rated it it was ok
I'm feeling fuzzy and full of cold and not up to reading anything serious, so I thought I'd check if the latest collected volume of the Rivers of London graphic novels was available yet, and on discovering that it was, downloaded the kindle version as the ideal undemanding Sunday afternoon read.

Water Weed sees Peter and Nightingale invstigating drug dealing along the Thames after Peter experiences powerful vestigia from a batch of weed "confiscated" by Beverly Brook's young sisters Chelsea and
Ben Truong
Rivers of London: Water Weed is a graphic novel from the Rivers of London or Peter Grant series written by Ben Aaronovitch and Andrew Cartmel and penciled by Lee Sullivan. This installment takes place after The Hanging Tree and Rivers of London: Cry Fox and before Lies Sleeping and is best read after the sixth book. Rivers of London: Water Weed collects all four issues of the 2018 series.

Rivers of London: Water Weed has Detective Constable Peter Grant and the river spirit Beverly Brook being
Alex Sarll
Another interstitial case for Peter Grant et al, and a particularly minor one at that – drug dealing on the capital's waterways was never going to present much of a threat to someone who's dating a river goddess. But it's all entertaining enough, the twist took me by surprise even though I've seen it plenty of times before (it's a particular favourite of one mystery writer I like), and the bios include the surprising information that Lee Sullivan used to play sax in a Roxy Music tribute act. ...more
Shannon Appelcline
This comic is very light on the magic side: its mostly about some very dangerous pot dealers. Nonetheless, it's another great Rivers of London story. Cartmel really has a solid voice for these characters, and he's quite good at the procedural elements. The result is a joy to watch, as our well-loved Rivers of London characters investigate a smaller case.
Nikki
Mar 29, 2019 rated it really liked it
Another great little story in the River universe. I liked the concept of the weed, and how it played out but felt there were a couple of unnecessarily adult bits. Obviously it’s an adult series, but just didn’t think the scene was needed here and didn’t work for me in comic form. Really a minor complaint though.
Rana
Nov 25, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Who knew Peter Grant was such a stick in the mud and wouldn't even inhale?
Marjolein
Full review to come!
John
Mar 18, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Light read, fun, though most of the references stayed with the graphic novel realm. For the most part is was pretty tame comparatively. But it's Peter Grant and I enjoyed it.
Emily
Mar 31, 2019 rated it liked it
The artwork was good, but I wasn’t blown away by the story this time. Didn’t love it; didn’t hate it.
Raj
Jan 12, 2019 rated it liked it
I don't think that I've got much comment to make on the 6th Rivers of London graphic novel. This one concerns a cannabis operation, one that has worrying vestigia attached to the final product. It's practically a Peter one-hander; Nightingale is in some scenes, but doesn't do much, Beverley and her two younger sisters get a bit more screen time, but poor Molly gets practically nothing, and Guleed doesn't appear at all.

The art is consistent, and has been since the start of the graphic novel
K
Apr 30, 2019 rated it liked it
Shelves: graphic-novels
These stories have become moderately dependent upon the previous graphic novels. Previous plots & characters are referenced, although it doesn't break the story if you haven't read them. These are fun little stories to help while away the time between Aaronovitch's Peter Grant novels.

Detective Constable Peter Grant, only one of two in the London magical crimes division of the police department, comes across some marijuana that reeks of magic. Fearing that someone is being kept against their
James Kemp
Dec 08, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Karen
Jul 12, 2019 rated it liked it
I thought this was less entertaining than the previous 5 volumes, but still amusing, lightweight fun. The first part was better than the middle, the ending was realistic but a little flat - though it did suggest more appearances from the Hoodette & her accountant might be coming in the novels. The little one page vignettes at the end are worth reading, as usual.
I always read these graphic novels in hard copy, as I found trying to make out details, even on a 15" lap-top screen, too difficult.
Andy Hickman
Oct 28, 2019 rated it really liked it
RIVERS OF LONDON - vol.6: WATERWEED
#1
"Did I actually say 'tithe'? I've never used the word 'tithe' in my entire life..." - Nick to Bill after getting freaked out.
#2
And they forgot to wear gloves while loading the bullets into the magazine. Whoops.
#3
"He doesn't know anything, but he's definitely scared of something." - Peter, regarding Rueul
#4
"And when you're not doing that, don't forget to play him some Dylan."
"Does it have to be electric era?"
"Yes. Anything from 'Highway 61' to 'Blood on
Ellen
Another fun addition to the graphic novel canon!

Things I enjoyed:
-Well plotted, creepy, interesting story.
-the "tales from the folly" one-pagers are always delightful little bits - the one where Peter thinks he's snuck out of extra work to watch the rugby only to see that nightingale had tickets and was in the crowd was a good lol

Things I enjoyed less:
-I will admit it is occasionally very weird to jump to the stylized pinup poses that the comic occasionally adopts for dramatic effect, like,
Ron
Bev and her house guests gave Peter Grant and the Folly crew an opening into a drug ring distributing magically grown cannabis being distributed by boat up and down the Thames. After catching a few lucky breaks plus dogged legwork, they finally traced down the kingpin of drugs and discovered exactly what was going on. Unfortunately, the punishment did not quite fit the crime for all concerned.
Reni
"It was ok" (hence the 2 star rating) is the most apt description I can give for this, one of the weaker entries of the series. The art is still good (the stylistic choice for the "hired goons'" version of events was inspired even! XD), but the story itself read very by-the-numbers. It's a decent crime plot with very little magic to it (literally in this case). Neither the plot, nor the characters connected with it really gripped me.
Dan
Dec 26, 2018 rated it really liked it
This latest Rivers of London volume was an interesting one as it focuses more on traditional police work than the magical side of things, though there is an important magical element in the case to track down the source of some new weed on the market. I like how these graphic novels can afford to vary in style more than the novels can and give us a less magical story. For me, this was the best combination of Peter Grant's "demi-monde" world and real police work so far.
Fiona
Jan 01, 2019 rated it really liked it
I really do enjoy these little dips back into the Rivers of London world. They add so nicely to the world of the novels while also being fun, fast self contained stories. This one was no different exploring a side case Peter and crew have to under take. I like that we are starting to get recurring characters within these stories... With hopefully a few popping up in the novels too.
Hisham El-far
Jan 22, 2019 rated it really liked it
Another great Rivers Of London graphic novel. This volume follows the Folly as they dig into a unique Drug distribution ring.

As is usual for these Rivers Of London graphic novels, there are also a number of very short stories at the back of the book that let us check in on some favourite characters.

Another great story in the series.
Molokov
Jan 02, 2019 rated it really liked it
Another great RoL story in comic book form. I was a little underwhelmed with the plot until it all resolved - and the reveal was enough to make me read it through a second time to see what I'd missed the first time around. Quite clever for a short comic story, and a nice thing to tide me over until I read Lies Sleeping.
Hilary (A Wytch's Book Review)
All of the Rivers of London books, novellas and graphic novels are fun, I like the graphic novels as they fill in slots in the Rivers of London timeline and also they are quick and easy to read at the end of the day! 10 out of 10 :D
Bellish
Feb 14, 2020 rated it it was ok
Very simple and only saved by the charm of this series on general. I wouldn't recommend reading unless you are hooked on Peter Grant, and even then I resent the fact that the last book included assumed knowledge about graphic novels I hadn't read. Harrumph.
« previous 1 3 next »

• The Hidden Power of F*cking Up
  • A casa das sete mulheres
  • The Vinyl Detective - Flip Back: Vinyl Detective
  • The Lights Go Out in Lychford (Lychford, #4)
  • Firefly: The Unification War  Vol. 1
  • Doctor Who: The Thirteenth Doctor, Vol. 1: A New Beginning
  • Gunnerkrigg Court, Vol. 4: Materia (Gunnerkrigg Court #4)
  • The Unwritten: Tommy Taylor and the Ship That Sank Twice
  • The Unwritten, Vol. 8: Orpheus in the Underworld
  • Man-Eaters, Vol. 3
  • The Haunting of Tram Car 015
  • The Orphans of Raspay (Penric and Desdemona, #7)
  • Trail of Echoes (Detective Elouise Norton #3)
  • The Unwritten, Vol. 4: Leviathan
  • More Walls Broken
  • The Unwritten, Vol. 9: The Unwritten Fables
  • In the Shadow of Spindrift House
  • From the Ground Up: A Journey to Reimagine the Promise of America
Ben Aaronovitch's career started with a bang writing for Doctor Who, subsided in the middle and then, as is traditional, a third act resurgence with the bestselling Rivers of London series.

Born and raised in London he says that he'll leave his home when they prise his city out of his cold dead fingers.

Rivers of London: Water Weed (4 books)
  • Rivers of London: Water Weed #1