Start by marking “Instastyle: Curate Your Life, Create Stunning Photos, and Elevate Your Instagram Influence” as Want to Read:

Gain Instagram followers, grow your personal brand, and influence others with your authentic personality, beautiful photography, and stunningly curated grid.

Instagram is the place where trends break, tastes are made, and brands are launched. Plus it's packed with insightful analytics and handy business tools to help you elevate your social media presence to the next level.
Published October 23rd 2018 by Alpha Books

To ask other readers questions about Instastyle, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Instastyle

abigailscupoftea
Nov 18, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I picked this up on a whim and I’m so glad I did! Not only is this book breathtakingly beautiful, but it’s super helpful too! I learned so many tips and tricks for my bookstagram account. Tezza describes her grid as her personal magazine and storybook and I love that! I’m seeing things from a fresh perspective and I’m feeling so inspired! From photography to editing to telling your authentic story, Tezza shares all you need to know about the Instagram industry. I highly recommend this to any soc ...more
Crista Lash
Nov 28, 2018 rated it liked it
I wanted to like this book because the author has a beautiful Instagram page. I really wanted to like it.

Pretentious is a word I would use to describe the book. It encourages you get a professional photographer and an agent to build your business on Instagram and to me it seems as though it encourages people to be inauthentic.

What has Instagram become these days? That is the question that comes to mind after reading this book.

Anyway, I wouldn’t recommend reading this book unless you are brand
Courtney (bookplaces)
Feb 06, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2019
InstaStyle was a beautiful book that really helped me to connect the creative side of taking photos with the strategy of grid planning. I have been in a creative rut with my Bookstagram account for some time without knowing how to really create a cohesive account. I enjoy structure and this read provided me with tools that I plan to use to combine structure and creativity on my Bookstagram feed. I picked this up after reading a review on Instagram by @abigialscupoftea and am happy that I did! Th ...more
Alicia Bayer
Oct 23, 2018 rated it liked it
I love using Instagram as a way to connect with others and capture moments, and I was excited to read this book in order to do that better. In some ways, it more than delivered. The author gives lots of basic tips on how to take better pictures and use Instagram. It's also filled with lots of inspirational photos to give you an idea of how great photos can be.

That said, the book missed the mark for me in a lot of ways too. I didn't realize from the title that this book is primarily instructions
Literary Soirée
Snatched up INSTASTYLE on NetGalley as soon as I saw it as I’m interested in expanding my online presence to this visual star of social media.

So glad I did, as this informative guide has the 411 I’ve been looking for. Learned that it’s the platform where brands gain traction and trends develop. Also, Instagram has loads of helpful analytics and biz tools to gauge social media success and advance it to the next level.

Author Tessa Barton (@tezzamb) and other successful Instagram influencers share
Mandi Young
Jan 06, 2019 rated it liked it
I wanted to like this book a lot more. And parts of it I found very valuable for growing my business on social media. The challenge was the book seemed to not be sure of it's audience. One minute it's going over the absolute basics of the platform, and posting your first nine photos. Then it's getting into sponsored posts, and other advice that really only applies to someone with a larger following. The book is beautifully crafted much like the authors Instagram, but I think the book would have ...more
Jenny Houle
Jul 02, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: netgalley
A great book for those looking to use Instagram as a professional medium, but also for those just looking to learn to do better photo editing/photo shooting. There's advice across the board of how to get inspired and how to get your profile out there more, and also down to the tiny details of every day editing.
January Gray
Feb 06, 2019 rated it it was ok
It was okay and guess it was helpful, but you can find even more specific information on how to do these things for free online without buying this book.
Amy
Jul 31, 2018 rated it really liked it
InstaStyle by Tezza MB is going to be a hit with a lot of people. It hands you the keys to creating an aesthetically pleasing, well-branded, focused and influential instagram account, which you can set up for monetization of your online efforts.

If this is what I wanted to do with my instagram, I would have been thrilled myself. It's a beautifully produced book, containing stunning photography and streamlined how-tos on everything from finding inspiration, developing narratives,  fostering engage
Madeline Jefferies
Nov 28, 2018 rated it liked it
This book had a lot of great tips, but the way it was written was very redundant. Barton kept making the same points over and over, and would explain them at different lengths each time. Because of this, I found myself saying "Yeah, yeah, you said that already," and zoning out.
The way it was written wasn't very cohesive, and I wish it was a little more organized, explaining each tip thoroughly before heading on to the next one. But overall, it does have some pretty great tips.
NOTE: This book i
Anovelqueen
Dec 30, 2018 rated it really liked it
Very informative book on Instagram and how to maximize your potential on the social media site.

The color photos are beautiful and the author does give helpful pointers on the nuances of Instagram and how to take better pictures. It is better suited for someone like a blogger or an "influencer" that has made this a full time profession. Could be a little overwhelming for a lay person. It was very enlightening however to see everything that goes behind taking those "perfect" pictures on Instagram.
Christine
Nov 01, 2018 rated it liked it
If you've dreamed of being Insta-famous, let this guide your journey.  This girl definitely treats her Instagram feed like a business and breaks it all down for you.

Filled with captivating photos and tips from creating your mission to photography and lighting and everything in between, it definitely gave me some things to consider regarding my own feed and what I'm putting out there.

I received this book through NetGalley in exchange for an honest review. 3/5 stars
Elizabeth
Oct 08, 2019 rated it it was ok
Personally, I think that anyone who uses the words "influencer" and "authentic" in the same sentence is lying, either to themselves or to you. Their single job, if you want to call it that, is to literally influence you into buying more things you don't need, but which the brands/companies have paid this authentic soul to tell you about.

In my day, we didn't call those people influencers, we called them corporate shills. I'm just saying.

That said, the advice in this book is to be authentic. And
Liz (Quirky Cat)
Jul 12, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: art, 2018-reads
I received a copy of InstaStyle through NetGalley in exchange for a fair and honest review.

InstaStyle is both an art book and a guide book to getting a brand or identity going on Instagram. It covers many different potential focuses for Instagram accounts, like lifestyle, fashion, travel, food, beauty, family, health/fitness, interior design, and products. So it’s likely that no matter what type of account you’re looking to start, you’ll get a good idea of where to go from here.
Personally, I
Tim Chmielewski
Jun 24, 2019 rated it really liked it
Picked a copy of this up in the library as I had not seen it before. Certainly is very thorough in its approach with all the things that you need to consider having their own separate sections.

It does say you can only post to instagram from a mobile device, but then says to use a DSLR to take photos without telling you how to get the photos from your computer onto your phone. There are scripting tools and apps you can use but these are against terms of service.

It also does not mention having to
Caffeinated Fae
Oct 16, 2018 rated it really liked it
When I was browsing NetGalley this book popped up. I have never heard of Tessa Barton but the description sounded interesting and the cover is absolutely beautiful. I had high hopes for this book and it didn't disappoint much.

The pictures are absolutely beautiful. I loved looking at her unique style and the different styles of other Instagram influencers. It was engaging and informative. The information will be great for those wanting to make money from their social media.

There is a little bit
Erica
Aug 17, 2018 rated it it was amazing

I was really pleasantly surprised at how much I enjoyed this book - my skill level with social media being what it is(novice, at best). Front to back, Instastyle was easy to understand, well-organized, thorough and, yes, inspirational. Now, I'm not going to be starting my own Instagram anytime soon, but I surely do feel that I could - that's how comfortable Tezza MB's book made me feel with the technology
Gaby
Mar 21, 2019 rated it really liked it
This was a really enjoyable read. I like the message the author aims to deliver with this book, which is to remain true to yourself in your instagram journey. I took some of the advice in this book with a grain of salt, but overall it entertained me and provided some new information and valuable insight.
It’s going to be one of those books that I will refer back to when I have doubts about a certain aspect of Instagram.
Lula McCuela
Feb 21, 2019 rated it really liked it
Very informative, and written in a way that is easy to understand and engaging. Tessa's personality really comes out through this book, and it really does feel like she's a down-to-earth, funny person in real life.

Perhaps there could've been some more varied recommendations for apps, but I feel that Instastyle overall covered the necessary bases for being/becoming an Instagram influencer.
Jackie
Jan 16, 2019 rated it liked it
I didn’t find this book very interesting. It’s beautiful and provides inspiration, but did not provide the advice I was looking for. It seems specifically meant for people who are creating an account to earn a living as an “influencer”.
Kristina Bradey
Jan 17, 2019 rated it liked it
I enjoyed this book, but there was a lot of repetitive tips. I did get some good insights into photography and apps that I’ve downloaded and started using. Overall I am glad I read the book, wish it had been shorter though.
Jonii
Mar 27, 2019 rated it really liked it
A surprisingly useful look at making Instagram work for you, whether casually or for business purposes. It's a surprisingly snob free walk through the jns and outs of the platform and I'd recommend it to anyone looking to up their insta game.
Sam
Sep 26, 2019 rated it it was ok
Everything in here you can find on Google, to be honest, except for a few tips and tricks I found interesting. It was a bit pretentious at times, and a bit hypocritical.
Shannon
Feb 28, 2019 rated it liked it
Some good tips in here, but way too focused on building an Insta-career and branding. Also it reeks of white wealth privilege.
Trish
May 20, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: nonfiction, 2019
This book is helpful for Instagram.
Kerry
Aug 05, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Lots of ideas for photography and tips on using Instagram features.
Kelley
Jan 17, 2019 rated it liked it
I found a few tips in this
Juju Rodriguez
Sep 03, 2019 rated it liked it
Mary
Jan 11, 2019 rated it liked it
Had hoped this book would offer better tips on photography for Instagram. I have no desire to be an “influencer”, just want to post original content in an appealing way.
Brianna
Mar 24, 2019 rated it really liked it
This was very very helpful to a noob like me