Start by marking “Cut and Run” as Want to Read:
Cut and Run

Cut and Run

Twin sisters separated by the past are reunited by unspeakable crimes in New York Times bestselling author Mary Burton’s throat-clutching novel of suspense…

Trauma victims are not new to medical examiner Faith McIntyre, but this one is different. The unconscious woman clinging to life after a hit and run is FBI agent Macy Crow. What the woman from Quantico was doing in a da
Kindle Edition, 1st edition, 321 pages
Published October 9th 2018 by Montlake Romance

To ask other readers questions about Cut and Run, please sign up.
This question contains spoilers… (view spoiler)
Leslie Harris Peter Slater Sr!

Carrie
Oct 06, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: netgalley
Anyone who has picked up a novel by Mary Burton knows she does romantic suspense and does it very well and Cut and Run is no exception. This novel is a bit more on the thriller side than the romance but there’s still that relationship between the characters that fans want to see.

When a body of a man is found Faith McIntyre is the active medical examiner on the case and after her examination she tries to make contact with the victim’s daughter, Macy Crow. What Faith doesn’t know is that Macy does
Carole (Carole's Random Life in Books)
This review can also be found at Carole's Random Life in Books.

I liked this book. I found it to be a really well done romantic suspense novel. This is a stand-alone novel but I did find a connection to another one of her books, The Last Move, through the characters which I found interesting. I found this book to be easy to listen to for hours at a time as I worked to try to solve the mystery. I ended up have a great time with this story.

The action starts right away in this book with the discover
.Under the pages
Oct 07, 2018 rated it really liked it
OUT NOW!

I went into this with a completely open mind, with no expectations whatsoever. But, not gonna lie, I was really happy when I sensed romance in the book. So here’s how this romantic suspense went down!

So, pathologist Faith McIntyre has known her whole life that she was adopted but she never really did anything about it. But that changes the moment that Macy Crow appears in her life.

Full review available at Under the Pages.

description
Alex ♈
Solid suspense, unexpected twists, strong heroine, good plot
and as always underdeveloped romance.

I read this author because of an interesting crime mystery and I accept her abrupt endings and lack of epilogues, but maybe one day she would write it? *pretty please*
Sabrina
Oct 03, 2018 rated it really liked it
NOW LIVE!
Amazon US * Amazon UK

Mary Burton's books just have everything I could ask for in a Romantic Suspense and this one was no different. With that little bit of romance between Faith and Mitchell, the on-the-edge-of-my-seat suspense, and the massive amount of intrigue, I was completely hooked on this story. It took me through twists and turns and had me guessing at everything. Even when I got to the point where I knew what was going on I still didn't actually know what was going to happen.
Sheryl
Oct 07, 2018 rated it it was amazing
What a fantastic read, this book has a little bit of everything but a lot of surprises that will keep guessing until the end.
When Texas Ranger Mitchell Haydon receives a message from an old acquaintance, Jack Crow who has been known to live on the fringes of the law his interest is peaked. Unfortunately for Mr. Crow, he's a little late getting out to the Salvage yard where Crow lives. When Ranger Haydon arrives, let's just say he's chasing off the buzzards who are also interested in Mr. Crow. It
Ann Lou
Feb 12, 2019 rated it really liked it
Dear Ms. Burton,

If you happen to read this message, I agree with my friend Alex about the abrupt endings. The mystery in this one is very engaging. In fact, very hard to put down. But still that ending. I would love an epilogue (being a self proclaimed epilogue whore) to balance the dark with love.

Nonetheless, I still love this and enjoyed reading about the heroine, who is very likeable.
Adah Udechukwu
Dec 01, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Cut and Run is an awesome thriller. I loved every moment.
Melanie
Cut and Run was an incredibly enjoyable read with a fantastic suspense plot and an amazing set of characters.

Medical examiner Faith McIntyre is no stranger to death, but the torture and murder of Jack Crow feels different. After contacting his daughter FBI agent Macy Crow, Faith is awaiting the woman’s arrival when she receives word that Macy was the victim of a hit and run and is barely clinging to life in the hospital. The mystery of what she was doing in Austin after midnight is puzzling. Eve
♥ WishfulMiss ♥
Rating: 3.5 Stars

This book was intense! The murder mystery was suspenseful and the author did a really good job of keeping me in the dark about the villain. I didn't have a solid guess until almost the very end, which kept me glued to the book. For the mystery plot this gets a solid 4 stars. I was hooked from beginning to end. The characters all played a part and the more that was revealed, the more I was antsy to get to the conclusion.

What I loved the most has to be the strong female roles i
Anita
Aug 23, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: romantic-supense, arc

Macy Burton is truly a unique romantic-suspense author. Her plots are never cliché and her heroes and heroines are not what you would expect. She pushes the boundaries and I like that in an author. I sincerely hope that "Cut and Run" is the first in a new series because I love the supporting characters.

Faith McIntyre is the medical examiner and she keeps her life strictly comp
Cyndi
Dec 15, 2018 rated it really liked it
I really liked this one! The mystery/suspense was great!
Cheryl
Oct 09, 2018 rated it really liked it
If you are a fan of mysteries and suspense books, then, you need to check out author, Mary Burton. This latest offering from Mary does serve up good characters, a nice storyline with a mix of action and intrigue.

I liked Faith. She was a good mixture of intelligent but personable as well. Thus in turn this made her relatable. A very important quality to have in a character. It makes reading a book much easier. There are several other characters featured in this book. They didn't play second stri
Ann-Marie
Jan 19, 2019 rated it liked it
I received this book free in exchange for an honest review.

Mary Burton is an experienced thriller writer. She knows how to develop compelling characters, how to give just enough hints in a plot to be intriguing but not confusing.
But I wonder if the genre itself is running out of steam. It is getting hard for even good writers to come up with a new angle, a story idea that hasn't been done to death, as it were.
All that is left to do is either ratchet up the body count or make the premise unbeli
Debbie Oxier
Mar 31, 2019 rated it really liked it
Faith is a forensic medical examiner. While investigating a recent find she uncovers evidence that her life, as she knew it, might have been riddled with secrets. A woman laying in a hospital bed, having been the victim of a hit-and-run, could be Faith's twin sister. Just who is Macy Crow, FBI agent, and what does she know that was serious enough to make someone run over her and leave her for dead? Mitchell Hayden, local law enforcement, and Faith have been dating and he's helping her with the i ...more
Elizabeth
Oct 12, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I think I read this author's books several years ago. I was impressed then and I'm impressed now! Mary Burton writes romantic suspense (emphasis on suspense) very well! I was hooked on this book as soon as I started it

I know that twins separated at birth is not a new plot twist, but this one was completely different to what I've read before. I had no idea where the plot was going! Ms. Burton writes a great story with amazing characters. I was spellbound throughout and couldn't put this book down
Donna Was A Scandal
I am a huge Mary Burton fan! She writes in such a way that I feel like I'm at the scene of the crime and I'm always trying to get one step ahead of her bad guys...and her bad guys are terrible! Cut and Run did not disappoint! Check out my full review on Scandalicious Book Reviews:

Trish R.
Oct 13, 2018 rated it it was amazing
So, I’ve read 6 of Mary Burton’s books and I’ve really liked them a lot. BUT this one I loved. Here’s why; the storyline was wonderful but sad, about young girls a man considered “baby makers” then killed the girls after he had the baby, until he had the boy he wanted, but mostly I loved the relationship Hayden (the Texas Ranger) and Faith (the Forensic Pathologist). It went from secret meetings in hotel rooms with no kissing and no facing each other while having sex to a slight peck on the chee ...more
Lily (Night Owl Book Cafe)
Mar 01, 2019 rated it really liked it
First time dipping my toes into Mary Burton's world and it won't be my last!

Cut and Run follows a medical examiner Faith McIntyre, who finds that the woman lies in critical condition is her twin sister she never knew about. Faith always knew she was adopted, but she didn't know that her adoption would unearth a trail of deep dark secrets. Following the clues her twin left behind, Faith and Texas Ranger Mitchell Hayden will uncover shocking discoveries of the past that might help them find a new
RachelW (BamaGal)
Sep 23, 2018 rated it really liked it
Another good RS read by Mary Burton; an author who I’ve come to quite enjoy reading. The long-lost twin sister trope almost made me groan out loud; but Burton tossed all the old cliches out and came up with a rather original idea for the plotline. The book wasn’t actually about the two sisters working together, though; as one of the twins was in the hospital for most of the book.

There was still a bit of the usual clunky ending for a Burton book; the big villain ‘this is what I did and why I did
Tracie Payne
Jan 25, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Love this author. Always a solid listen.
Anna
Oct 28, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I voluntarily read and reviewed an copy of this book. All thoughts and opinions are my own.
Thanks to the author for providing a copy of this book via Netgalley

Wonderful romantic suspense read! I recommend this one to Sandra Brown funs!
This story was gripping, dark... Totally page-tuner for me. I liked the author’s style, plot... And what a twist! I didnt see it coming!
There were some romance as well. Both MC were a bit broken, but everything worked just fine finally.
Sandy
Oct 26, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Another awesome book by Mary Burton. I must read!!!
Pallavi
Dec 24, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: audiobooks
****4.0****
Review soon
Solid albeit a bit predictable, I enjoyed this story. The romance was just ok, with many mentions of the deceased wife, which was fine since I’ve come to temper that expectation when it comes to Mary Burton’s books.

Safe in the romance department but trigger warning (view spoiler)

ETA: I see that Ms. Burton's newest book ties into this one. I'm looki
Carla Johnson-Hicks
Mary Burton is an author that I enjoy, knowing that her romantic suspense will draw me in with a great story and great characters. This one does not disappoint. When Texas Ranger, Mitchell Hayden finds the body of one of his informants, he knows the man has been tortured. Faith McIntyre is the active medical examiner on the case and after her examination she tries to make contact with the victim’s daughter, Macy Crow. Macy, an FBI agent, heads to Texas from Quantico. What she finds at her father ...more
Veronica
Oct 06, 2018 rated it really liked it
I received a free copy of this book to read and review for Wicked Reds.

The murder of 60 something junkyard owner Jack Crow leads to the discovery of graves, missing girls and crimes that go back to the 80s. It felt like something out of an episode of Criminal Minds, which is one of my favourite shows.

Dr Faith McIntyre, medical examiner and Texas Ranger Mitchell Hayden, who are investigating this case also provide the romance, which is subtly woven into the story. We are also given the point of v
BleuBelle
Enjoyed it. Should've read it before "Hide and Seek". Didn't know the stories connected. I really liked the Hero and the Heroine, wished a bit more couple time, a bit more romance. But I've come to expect that from Mary Burton. It's cool.

Kat was annoying at times, really naive. Hacks into everything, is so tech savvy but on the other hand didn't know that it was her water that broke or feared that her baby would fall out of her? Yeah, I'm not convinced.
Carolyn
May 27, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: burton-mary
I read "Hide and Seek" (which I LOVED) and the other reviewers mentioned that this was the book preceding it. I had to grab it and devoured it in one day. An excellent set up to "Hide and Seek," while at the same time being a unique and terrific book on its own. Another tense, page turner by Mary Burton. Just terrific!
Lindsey Flaute
May 14, 2019 rated it really liked it
Apparently I read the books out of order (even though the first Mary Burton book I read, Hide and Seek, said criminal profiler #1. The Last Move should be read first, then this one, Cut and Run, and Hide and Seek third. I enjoyed reading the background story from the main character in the first Mary Burton book I read.
Goodreads Librari...: Please add details 3 16 Nov 27, 2018 09:38AM

• Witches Wild (Bewitching Bedlam Book 4)
  • Blue Skye (Woodland Village, #1)
  • Love Means... Endurance (Farm, #8)
  • 8 Mile & Rion
  • Dune Drive (Chesapeake Diaries #12)
  • Fatal Invasion (Fatal #13)
  • Once Upon a Highland Summer
  • Trial by Fire
  • Arresting Love (Wild R Farm, #2)
  • Sex, Lies & Nikolai
  • Stalked (The Profiler #4)
  • Too Far Gone (Lucy Kincaid, #14)
  • Touch of Red (Tracers, #12)

Mary Burton, whose latest novel is Hide and Seek, loves writing suspense, getting to know her characters, keeping up with law enforcement and forensic procedure, morning walks, baking, and tiny dachshunds. She also enjoys hunting down serial killers, which she does in her New York Times and USA Today bestselling novels. Library Journal has compared her work to that of Lisa Jackson and Lisa Gardner
“relatively new, but it’s almost bone-dry. We’re” 0 likes