Start by marking “Where's Waldo? The Fantastic Journey” as Want to Read:
Where's Waldo? The Fantastic Journey

Where's Waldo? The Fantastic Journey

(Where's Waldo? #3)

Search for Waldo, and help him discover the truth about himself.

The elusive little guy you loved as a kid has ventured into an affordable new format, ready to boggle a new generation. Now he's easier to carry around—but just as hard as ever to find!
Published April 10th 2007 by Candlewick Press (first published 1989)

To ask other readers questions about Where's Waldo? The Fantastic Journey, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Where's Waldo? The Fantastic Journey

Start your review of Where's Waldo? The Fantastic Journey
Matt
May 30, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Neo enjoyed this book, as it gave him a chance to look and find Waldo and friends throughout this animated craziness on a page. Less 'read' than 'gazed over for long periods repeatedly'. Great to get that grey matter and eyes as sharp as can be!
Shirley Revill
Aug 14, 2018 rated it it was amazing
My Grandchildren could find Wally and I only found him once.
Time to visit Specsavers thinks me. 😊
Mia (Parentheses Enthusiast)
You might be wondering why this book is on my "hidden gems" shelf. After all, pretty much everyone has read or at least heard of the Where's Waldo? books. Well, it's because Waldo is... wait for it... hidden!

I'll show myself out.
Steph Sinclair
I remember looking for Waldo with my mom and dad as a young kid, pouring over the book for hours. Now that I'm older and have my own kids, I can say with full confidence that this is the type of book that never gets old. It's still fun and becomes even more so when introducing it to a younger generation.

The artwork in Where's Waldo? The Fantastic Adventure is still as amazing and complex as I remember. I admire the skill and time that went into crafting every puzzle in the book, hiding the clues
Megarah Mae
Nov 14, 2008 rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: everybody
this is possibly the most mind stimulating book i have ever read! the plot is a little hazy, but the concept is spectacular. anyone who has not read this book is a truly deprived soul and needs to pick up a copy as soon as they can!
Nick
Jul 09, 2007 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: the world
Even after all these years, I still find myself looking for the damn shoe on the last page.
Dave
Dec 03, 2009 rated it it was ok
Seriously? You're reading my review of Where's Waldo?
Alice Bennett
Nov 18, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: picture-books
We used this book to teach a grammar lesson about expanded noun phrases. It showed children that in order to effectively describe a character, for example in their writing they need to add detail to allow the reader to build up a picture.

We chose different pages from the book, paired everyone up and asked them to use noun phrases to describe one of the tiny characters and their partner had to find who were they were describing. After this, in larger groups, the class had to annotate photocopied
Selma D
Sep 27, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Where’s Wally? by Martin Handford
Age's I would use it for: 3+

This is a classic book which can either be thought of as a book without a plot, or one with many. Following the journey of Wally (or Waldo) or the other characters in many different settings.

I think that this is an exceptional book that can be used to encourage children to enjoy books. Although this book lacks a lot of writing I think that it is a great resource to accompany any lesson from ages 3 to 12.I would use it throughout pr
Sarah Sammis
May 31, 2008 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: pc
Wally, Waldo, Charlie, Walter, Holger, Valli, Willy, Hetti, and Effy. What do they have in common? They're all the name of a traveler who wears red and white stripes, jeans, glasses and brown shoes. Here in the States we know him as Waldo but he started his journey as Wally in Great Britain. The third book in the series by Martin Handford is The Great Waldo Search (also known as Where's Wally? 3: The Fantastic Journey) and was published in 1989.

The Great Waldo Search requires astute attention t
May 08, 2008 rated it liked it
Shelves: children-s-lit
This series is fun but, for my money, Hillary Knight's Where's Wallace is far superior. There is really no meat to any of the Waldo books and due, to their nature they are not suitable for read-alouds. However, some kids just adore them and I'm all for anything that connects kids with books.
Anna Motteler
Sep 08, 2008 rated it it was amazing
I loved these books whenever I was in Elementary school.
It kept me busy and made me use my noggin.

So if you're trying to work and your kids on getting on your nerves, plop them on the couch with one of these. =D
Kaethe Douglas
Sep 12, 2010 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: picture-books
How much do I love these? You can find me sitting in a bookstore of library, unwilling to check out because I'd have to put them down for a few minutes. Surprisingly, the PandaBat didn't really burn out on them.
Rachel
Mar 04, 2013 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2013
Oh Waldo, you wiley minx! You had me a couple times with your yellow suited impersonator, but I was not fooled in the end.

Always an enjoyable way to kill time waiting at the dentist's office.
Liz
Sep 28, 2016 added it
OP
Kaytlyn Witcher
Where’s Waldo is a beginners book for children. It is fun interesting way to find Waldo who is hidden in picture. There are clues on each page that hints to find Waldo in the jumble of people and objects.

Classroom: I would use this in my classroom for students that have finished their work before other students. It will not only help the students increase their reading comprehension because of the hints that are needed to find Waldo. It will also help their mind sort through pictures to find hi
Amelia Williams
Apr 22, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: controversial
This book is basically little adventures and different scenes that Waldo hides in. I realized not that this book is frustrating. it gives me a headache trying to find Waldo.
Supposedly this book was banned because a mother was appalled about how there was a character topless while sunbathing.
I understand the challenge for this but really, what little kid would notice? Also, if it is really small, they re looking for Waldo who is in stripes not topless. So their focus would be on clothed people.
Somerandom
Jan 19, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Over here, we call him Where's Wally?
I think I own the Australian version of this one. Or maybe the one I own is completely different, in which case, this review is totally meaningless!
In any case, what child hasn't tried to find that elusive bugger at some point? The man has officially won the Hide and Seek trophy, because he is an absolute champion. A stimulating mind game for children and adults pretending not to be interested in finding him, alike.
Steve
Jan 04, 2013 rated it liked it
Shelves: series, childrens
This is the Waldo book that really hooked me. The third in series, Martin Handford really bumped up his work on the themes of each scene shown here. Every scene is extremely creative and a lot of fun to explore. A favourite of mine as a child.
David
Dec 31, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: Gods and Kings alike
Much like Tolkien's epic, The Lord of the Rings, you read through this 'Fantastic Journey' with the feeling that, if Waldo were allowed to talk, he'd tell tales more epic than the furthest reaches of your imagination.
Readergirl77
May 14, 2015 rated it really liked it
Shelves: nathans-shelf
OMG...just completed the Where's Waldo Fantastic Journey book with Nathan and boy this took me back some years. We did fairly well until the Land of Waldos at the end. I think we spent more time on the last page than the entire rest of the book! He had fun though.
Miss Ryoko
Sep 25, 2013 rated it really liked it
It took me forever to find Waldo in the sea of Waldos! Haha! This one was a lot easier than the last book. There was only two pages I had a hard time finding one item on.

Onto the next! (Where's Waldo in Hollywood... I'm pretty excited about this one)
Brandon
Mar 04, 2018 rated it really liked it
Classic Book! loved this book as a kid and was happy to share it with my children. So glad i made the purchase!
Tara Frye
Jan 09, 2015 rated it it was amazing
This was such a cool book as a kid. I loved finding Waldo. I loved this book so much I bought a t shirt from forever 21 it's so cute. I just wish they'd make these books again.
Danielle
Nov 06, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
My favorite Waldo book so far. It wasn’t too difficult but it was also challenging at times. Plus the scenes were a lot of fun in this book.
Hamyne
May 12, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: all-cartoons
Patricia Kaniasty
Excellent entertainment for kids.
Sammy
Dec 01, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: comic, children-s
When the final war came, we could not say it was a surprise. We had been warned for years, even decades, that our world was becoming divisive. Splinters of opinion running down the very spine of our culture. Yet we remained largely unprepared.

In those days after the satellites came down, we lost the internet, our connection, telecommunications outside of our own continent. Space was a battlefield now. Those of us who could help the refugees from burning countries did what we could, while the chi
J
You'll never find him on the last page.
Courtney
Jan 11, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2019
Who does not love looking for Waldo?! This book keeps not only my children entertained for hours, but also our entire family!
« previous 1 3 next »

• The Berenstain Bears and Too Much TV
  • Inside the Earth (The Magic School Bus, #2)
  • I Was So Mad (A Golden Look-Look Book)
  • Good Work, Amelia Bedelia
  • Days with Frog and Toad (Frog and Toad, #4)
  • The Teacher from the Black Lagoon (Black Lagoon, #1)
  • Chicken Soup with Rice: A Book of Months
  • Amazing Magnetism (The Magic School Bus Chapter Book, #12)
  • I Spy School Days: A Book of Picture Riddles
  • Are You My Mother?
  • Green Eggs and Ham
  • The Magic School Bus Hops Home: A Book About Animal Habitats
  • Wild Whale Watch (The Magic School Chapter Book, #3)
  • Penguin Puzzle (The Magic School Bus Chapter Book, #8)
  • Alexander and the Terrible, Horrible, No Good, Very Bad Day
  • The Berenstain Bears' Trouble with Money
  • I Can Read With My Eyes Shut!
  • Archaeologists Dig for Clues
Martin Handford, the man behind the mind-boggling Waldo books, began his career as a freelance illustrator specializing in drawing crowd scenes. The turning point came when he was asked to create a book showcasing his impressive talent, and the character Waldo was born—originally to provide a link between each scene. "I can't tell you how pleased I am that Waldo has taken on a life of his own," Ma ...more

Where's Waldo? (10 books)
  • Where's Waldo?
  • Where's Waldo Now?
  • Where's Waldo? In Hollywood
  • Where's Waldo? The Wonder Book
  • Where's Waldo? The Great Picture Hunt
  • Where's Waldo? The Incredible Paper Chase
  • Where's Waldo? The Simply Sensational Activity Book (Waldo)
  • Where's Waldo? The Coloring Collection