Start by marking “Dark Pleasures (Pure/ Dark Ones #4)” as Want to Read:
Dark Pleasures (Pure/ Dark Ones #4)

Dark Pleasures

(Pure/ Dark Ones #4)

Devlin Sinclair, the New England Dark Ones’ Hunter, is on a mission to track down the elusive and mysterious Medusa, perhaps the ultimate nemesis the Pure and Dark Ones have been battling in recent years.

But he can’t do it alone.

Published June 15th 2018

To ask other readers questions about Dark Pleasures, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Dark Pleasures

Start your review of Dark Pleasures (Pure/ Dark Ones #4)
Starr (AKA Bam Bam) Rivers
Here's what I thought the nth time around: FIVE AMAZING STARS!

It was so good I couldn't even wait for my buddies to read along with me :P. There's so much going on in this book. In addition to my original review below, I'll add what made me fall in love with Devlin and Grace all over again.

#1 He's a charmer with a vulnerable, loving heart. AND he's a god in bed. What else can a girl ask for?

description

Had to update this pic to my Mr Blondie obsession. Devlin doesn't have the beard, but I think the rest of
Princess under cover
I've been going through a reading drought for many weeks. Just can't seem to get into any genre of romance. So I've ended up catching up on movies and TV series to take the edge off. You know WHY I haven't been able to get into a good book?? BECAUSE I'M TOO OBSESSED WITH THIS SERIES!! :)

Nth read: I maintain my original rating of five stars+++>

You know, now that I've been reading with Goodread friends together, I have a different appreciation of this series. Below in my original review I said I l
MG
Jun 20, 2018 rated it it was amazing
In a word: YES

This book seriously blew me away... and that is saying something because it does not happen often. I'm very stingy with my straight up 5 stars, but this one earned every single point.

I will be completely honest and say that I was a little worried when I started this book because the h (Grace) was less than warm and relate-able (at least for me). I was not sure how Ms. James was going to make me like her, but apparently she enjoys a challenge - and she absolutely rose to it!

Our H i
Monique
May 19, 2019 rated it really liked it
4,5 'adorable' stars

Review to come soon-ish. I need to get to Tal first 😄😄
Ok, I'm finally returning here for the review. But seriously, it was of the utmost importance to get to Tal first. He is THE priority. Alright, alright, I will stop obsessing over Tal now <3

I didn't much care about Devlin before. Maybe he didn't seem enough of a tortured hero for my liking. Well, how wrong I was. He had a very tragic past too but he was hiding it so well.

Grace was a wonderful heroine as well. Very differen
Indelicate Reviews by DD
Sep 29, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: reviewed-2019, 4-star
James continues to weave a detailed multilevel intriguing world!

Grace by far was one of the most interesting and unique FMCs I’ve read. Asperger’s was such an unexpected twist which I was uncertain of but it completely paid off. Seeing things from Graces POV and watching her evolve pulled me further into the world.

One of my favorites has been Devlin. Although I was a bit disappointed in his initial description and his bewilderment at his attraction to Grace. His thoughts on her looks was not com
Silvia Drascall
Jul 03, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: prn
 photo 1790.gif
 photo su.gif
F*cking madness, Batman... what just happen in Mama 🐻 Bear' shop❓😱😱 😲 OMG, 😮... 😳 How can I survive until the end of the book being bombarded by such shocking revelations 😵❓🆘 this plot is DA 💣💣🔥. Ai, meu velho coração ❤️ não vai aguentar tanta emoção! Putz livro show de bola😍... e mais nao🤐 Leia & Confira você mesmo.
I'm more and more addictive... Se você pensa que a série não pode ficar melhor... YOU ARE WRONG. IT GETS BETTER AND BETTER...
 photo 6bf.gif photo 6bf.gif
Neha Singh
My second read to refresh my memory for the fifth book and I loved it! I especially loved our main couple - Devlin and Grace. And the way they met for the first time, that whole scene and Devlin's reaction to Grace's behaviour during that encounter - It was funny!

I have adored all our heroes so far in the series and Devlin was clearly no exception, I loved him. He was my serious, old fashioned bookworm warrior with the mask of flirtatious rake on the surface.

"He’d learned how to fight, how to
AlwaysV
Aug 10, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I had such a hard time reviewing Dark Pleasure even though I loved Devlin and Grace’s story like crazy. My problem was my inability to get into Grace’s complex, pure, beautiful, brilliant, unique, and 1/10,000 rare mind! She was a heroine like no other.

Reading about Grace’s life was heart wrenching. Reading about Devlin’s past was hurting my heart in a different way. Their HEA shouldn’t have worked. Yet they were perfect for each other. They were both born a sensualist. He needed to be loved. S
Debra Johnson
Dark Pleasures by Aja James
Genres; Adult, Fantasy, Mystery, Romance, Suspense
4.9 Stars

Devlin & Grace.
Wow!
This one was lower on the suspense action, and I took points off for that, but it is high on the mystery. As far as the Adult Romance, it is
Explosive ,
Carnal ,
Wild and Fiery 💥‼

Grace will make you laugh and grin. She has NO social skills. She lives in her head and just blurts things out. She has Autism Spectrum Disorder. She knows what's in her head and what she wants. She has no p
Erika ♥OwlwaysReading♥
$0.99 now on Amazon Kindle!!!

Just picked this one up because of a rec. from ***Princess under cover***
Heck YES!

Gotta catch em all ;)
Pam G
Apr 08, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I am loving this series. It is not often that I get blown away by an author's ability to draw me into connecting with characters. With each book I read, I get more immersed in this world, more in love with the characters, and I never want to leave! I need to slow down, I'm going through these too quickly, and I can't seem to help myself....lol! Kudos, Ms James, I am now an avid follower of your work.
 ~*~Princess Nhya~*~
Alright to say I struggled with this one would be a vast understatement. I started this book on Feb 10th. I just finished it today.

So let me just get out of the way what wasn't flowing with me here.

Devlin & Grace... In theory, a pairing such as theirs seems as though it can work. Surpassing the difficulties of their innate differences and growth with one another. Collectively and individually.
Sadly, it just doesn't translate organically on paper for me. Their interactions left me cold, indiffere
Candace
Jan 09, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2019-5-star
Devlin and Grace

There is so much going on in this novel. First, there is Devlin Sinclair and Grace Darling. Devlin is a Chosen Dark One and known as the Hunter. He has spent months tracking Grace's digital footprint. "He was certain she held critical information for getting to his ultimate target -- the enigmatic Medusa, who had orchestrated all of the chaos and violence the Pure and Dark Ones had been combatting for the past two years."

Grace is a single, 29 year old, who is "wanted by several
Becca
Aug 24, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: favorites
Can’t put these books down!

Another amazing book and I’m excited about the next one. The ending was awesome and heartbreaking! At one point I was smiling from ear to ear, and the next holding my breath hoping everything works out. These characters are amazing! Grace had me laughing a lot of the time. Must read series for anyone looking for new books!

*************************************************************

Realized this one was to short to and I’m just going to review this one along my re-read
TamaraT
Apr 30, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I really liked this book. Devlin was a character that intrigued me in previous books so I was happy this story was focussed on him. It didn't turn out the way I thought it would at all...not that that's a bad thing. His romance with Grace (who I adore) was sweet. From the beginning it was her who had the reigns, her who initiated everything. Not that he was a doormat not at all. His backstory was well thought out and integrated, better than in the first books.

Grace...sweet, logical and in her o
Heather Emery
Nov 20, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Now I am officially hooked on this series and I am really happy I stayed with the series/author. This is by far my favorite book. The book focused on the main characters and their story with only minimal secondary characters/other events happening, which worked wonders for me and my brain.
Darcy Moore
Aug 29, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Another great book

Always a great read! I can't wait to see what happens next! I'm so hooked on so many aspects of the series plots like Sophie's relationships and who Medasus could be it just has me captivated!
Bunnycore
Apr 14, 2018 rated it really liked it

I very much enjoy that Aja goes against the grain when it comes to her heroes. I enjoy the world that she tends to bring to life with her written word.

This was no different, The second book may have been my favorite one in the series thus far, but I am not bored reading anything she writes. I find it fulfilling and of course, I do very much love my happy endings.

I know in the end she is working on a big series climax and I can not wait to see what that is.

Great Job Aja I am looking forward to
Coco.V
Nov 29, 2018 marked it as to-read
Shelves: freebie
💝 FREE on Amazon today (11/29/2018)!💝

Blurb:

But he can’t do it alone.

Grace Darling has isolated herself from the world since a very young age, after her parents’ death and because of her own social disability. Awkward and brilliant, a born sensualist, Grace agrees to a blind date that changes t
Paola
Jun 22, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favoritos, paranormal
This is paranormal romance at it's best, Grace is a unique woman that lives in her own head, she has problems expressing her feelings and is really brilliant, as a computer genius, she's the only chance for Devlin to keep track on Medusa (an elusive enemy of the pure and dark ones).
Devlin is a young dark one with a tragic past and a beautiful heart, he is definitely a dream come true, but his love for Grace seems doom from the beginning, he is an immortal and she is human that doesn't know how
Brenda
Feb 07, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Phew, this series just gets better with each book! This series, in my humble opinion, is phenomenal. The characters and the world they live in are so real. Each book builds off the ones prior. You are getting a complex story in these books and it's absolutely great. I don't recommend trying to read any of these as a stand alone, you'll be lost.

Devlin, the Dark One's Hunter, the most carefree of the group. Grace, orphaned at a young age, social disability that keeps her isolated from others, gen
Clockworkbookworm
4.5 Wow! That ending! 😭😭 Poor Tal.

I love Grace and Devlin. Only Grace would work out her solution. 😍☺😘
The Drowsy Bookworm
I was kindly given an ARC of this book in exchange for an honest review!

Dark Pleasures tells Devlin Sinclair’s story. Devlin is the sexy, somewhat smart-alecky Dark One we’ve gotten glimpses of in the past 2 books. Half the fun of the Pure/Dark Ones series is that (unless you ruin it by reading the blurb) you don’t know whose story is going to be coming up next. The other half of the fun is reading the books, which continue to pique my interest and keep me ravenous for more information.

The femal
May 30, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: amazing-couple, wow
Wow another fab 5 star read...
I loved Grace she was so robotic and funny, she has no shame whatsoever its great!!! Aja is a Genius Character creator i don't think i have ever read a series with so much diversity, and each of her characters rule the book and mold the story its amazing!!!! Grace was extremely cleverly written, right down to the psychological aspects it was flawless.

She is definitely Vulcan or Borg lol!

In this spectacular addition we get to delve deeper into Devlin.... As he meet
Mary Ortiz
Jan 13, 2020 rated it it was amazing
First many thanks to Aja she is the awesome author of this series and very kindly allowed be to read this book. Decline is the Hunter for the dark ones and he has been tryin to track down Medusa but he hasn’t been able to get very far. He meets up with Grace a brilliant woman though she does suffer from Aspergers. She doesn’t feel emotions the way that we do and has hard time even understanding the concept of feelings. As they spend time together in and out of bed Devlin falls in love with her b ...more
Janine
Jul 12, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: kindle, pnr
Another 5 well deserved stars 🌟

This book was the most exciting one for me. There are so many plot twists and revelations that I did not see coming. Some of them knocked me literally of my feet - I caught myself several times arguing fiercely with the book, not believing what just had happened. In my opinion this alone is evidence enough for beeing a really really well written book 💖

Netherless I am left with so many burning questions after this book. I am so so much looking forward to get to kno
Meka R.
Apr 20, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Wow! I took this book on as part of a reading challenge in one of the many, many reading groups I follow on Facebook, and I must say that I was not disappointed. I was blown away by Aja James' amazing and creative talent with the fantasy/paranormal genre. The world she created with this book/series--the characters, the imagery, the plot--was absolutely fantastic! Another reviewer commented that they didn't feel the chemistry between Grace and Devlin, or that they didn't think that these two belo ...more
Firstpella
Jan 18, 2019 rated it it was amazing
‘Hewwo, Dewwin.’
The arena of awe here with the 4th tale in what is developing into a BDB, IAD, and LoTU edge of your seat, anticipate each new release, gotta have Series - and author. The story is crisp, elements are original and fresh, numerous guesses are panning out (The Creature aka Le Freak See’est Chic, Ere) the featured characters are fantastic (The Master, Maximus, Ramses...I must fan myself) and the H/h are fabulous especially the h, Grace - who’s precision in thought lead to one of the
Jennifer greenwood
Great

This series is a must read . These vampire stories all seem to go or come from the same place anymore . This author wasn't predictable . I appreciate that I wasn't able to guess the story line and was pleasantly surprised by what I found . I couldn't out this book down . It's a real page turned from the very first sentence in the first book of the series . I wanna know what's next and can't wait to go on the journey . I absolutely loved every book this far . I can't wait for them to continu
Carmen Boyer
Sep 12, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I love this book just for the simple fact that Grace Darling finds her person. And what a person Devlin Sinclair is! A must read in the Pure/Dark Ones series. This book continues to guide us through this rich and sensual world.
« previous 1 3 next »
Pure-Dark-Ones Ad...: Dark Pleasures Buddy Read! 99 47 Apr 04, 2020 08:36AM
Pure-Dark-Ones Ad...: * Your Favorite Dark Pleasures Quotes 8 13 Dec 27, 2018 01:50PM

• Edge of Darkness (Hunter Legacy, #3)
  • Dark Overlord’s Clan (The Children Of The Gods Paranormal Romance Series Book 40)
  • Broken Dawn (Immortal Guardians, #10)
  • Flame (Dark Kings #17)
  • Cursed Prince (Night Elves Trilogy Book 1)
  • Sin & Surrender (Demigods of San Francisco, #6)
  • Dark Overlord’s Wife (The Children Of The Gods Paranormal Romance Series #39)
  • Dragon Lost (Dark Kings #16.5)
  • Into The Light: A Contemporary Vampire Romance (Immortal Hearts Book 1)
  • Alien Warrior's Captive Bride (Draconian Warriors, #1)
  • Crowning Destiny (The Fae Chronicles #7)
  • Dark Queen’s Quest (The Children Of The Gods #32)
  • Held by Heat (Wings, Wands and Soul Bonds, #3)
  • Knight's Dominion (Knights of Hell, #4)
  • Dark Queen’s Knight (The Children Of The Gods, 33)
  • Dark Spy’s Resolution (The Children Of The Gods Paranormal Romance Series Book 37)
  • Dark Queen’s Army (The Children Of The Gods, #34)
  • Bears Behaving Badly (BeWere My Heart, #1)
Hello readers!

If you like JR Ward, Christine Feehan, Shannon Butcher, Anne Rice, Bram Stoker, as well as epic fantasy authors (George RR Martin comes to mind :)... check out my new series the Pure/ Dark Ones:

Book 1 Pure Healing:

Free excerpt! https://dl.bookfunnel.com/8hym4xhvjd

Book 2 Dark Longing: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07...

Free excerpt! https://dl

Pure/ Dark Ones (1 - 10 of 16 books)
  • Pure Healing (Pure/ Dark Ones #1)
  • Dark Longing (Pure/ Dark Ones #2)
  • Dark Desires (Pure/ Dark Ones #3)
  • Pure Rapture (Pure/ Dark Ones #5)
  • Dark Redemption (Pure/ Dark Ones #6)
  • Pure Awakening (Pure/ Dark Ones 6.5)
  • Pure Ecstasy (Pure/ Dark Ones #7)
  • Dark Obsession (Pure/Dark Ones #8)
  • Pure Providence (Pure/ Dark Ones #8.5)
  • Pure Magnetism (Pure/ Dark Ones #9)

News & Interviews

“The women were beautiful, but they hadn’t been attractive. Not to Devlin, anyway. Grace Darling was attractive, not beautiful. But apparently, at this juncture of Devlin’s accumulated experience, Grace was the only female who attracted him. That made her special. Unique.” 3 likes