Start by marking “Prospero's Island” as Want to Read:
Prospero's Island

Prospero's Island

When small-town reporter Mickey is sent to cover the local art show his heart sinks. Where is the fame and fortune to which he aspires? Little does he know that he is about to stumble upon one of the great art scandals of the time. What is the connection between the artist, mousy shop-assistant Tory, and sexy Gregoire St John Prechac, creator of one of the most iconic port ...more
Published March 9th 2018 by Independently published (first published July 8th 2011)

To ask other readers questions about Prospero's Island, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Prospero's Island

Start your review of Prospero's Island
Cassandra MADEUP BookBlog
If you are looking for a romantic story that you will foresee unfolding, you’ll sink into and devour because you know pretty much what is going to happen to each of the Characters.... thats not what this is, and actually it just makes it all the more fun to get stuck into!

I loved how the story unfolded from page to page, I was thoroughly invested in the characters and seeing how this would turn out for everyone involved. I actually reread this as soon as I finished it! It was just so
Ursula
Apr 21, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I'm not really a romance type of person but I wanted to read this one because I so enjoyed the writer's historical fiction, When Winter Comes. So I'm rather a novice to the genre. Does that matter? I think so - I have few preconceptions and am less likely to trip over a tired cliche or a clumsy plot clue. But perhaps I'm also less easily drawn into an emotional response. I didn't really feel much for any of the characters, I'm afraid. And found their unusual names confusing.

But I cer
Margarida Veloz
What an interesting story... a cross between Telenovela and True crime--the white-collar version. I enjoyed meeting the characters. Most of them I liked, especially the heroine and her family. There was one character I absolutely grew to loathe by the end of the book--fraudster and predator (think #metoo in a fictional setting). I did get a bit lost at some point and had to go back to make sure I had all of the characters straight. I did this willingly--I was interested in really figuring out wh ...more
Suzanna Salter
Mar 28, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I have not read anything by this author before so was not sure what to expect. Although there are a lot of characters in this story they all gel together to make this funny, intense story believable. The characters are believable the plot thick but juicy. Many twists and turns occur some of which I hoped for and others were breath catching in their shocking revelations. A few tiny mistakes but they did not distract me too much. Will gladly read another. Congratulations Vivienne Shannon on a grea ...more
Carmel Breffit
Apr 05, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
First book read by this author so new prospective for my myself here. The book consisted of a huge range of characters within which did cause myself some confusion at times. I needed to go back and refresh characters within the book at times. Once you did get use to the range of characters though they did connect well and create a funny believable plot which became juicy in parts.
Some twists which came as a surprise and shock within which were greatly anticipated and enjoyed also.
Fel
Beccy Thompson
Apr 04, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I received a copy of this book from TBC Reviewers request- Thank you
Firstly if you are expecting an appearance from Caliban that’s not going to happen, the book was nothing like I’d expected from the title but in a good way. There are a lot of characters in the book which often causes confusion and mix ups in other novels, however Vivienne has managed to blend the characters and their voices together to create a harmonious and entertaining storyline.
A perfect summer read.
Sue
Apr 04, 2019 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
On the whole I liked this tale but it was definitely not a comedy or at least not a laugh out loud one. There were a few smile moments but that is all. The story is well constructed and flows well and it is a very easy read.
Amanda Williams
Apr 01, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
So emotional and passionate. I love the way this writer tells a story. Very well written with a fantastic storyline. I immediately got caught up in the storyline and the culture that came with it. This book made for very good reading.
Penny-sue Wolfe
Apr 01, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This book has everything you need in a good read: humour, drama and mystery. Great characters, wonderful setting, hard to put down! A great summer read.
Alison Hart
Sharon
Mar 11, 2019
Jeannette Roberts
Aug 29, 2019

• Killer Cruise (A Rachel Prince Mystery Book 3)
  • Rosie’s Travelling Tea Shop
  • Nothing Important Happened Today
  • The Girl Puzzle: A Story of Nellie Bly
  • The Suspects
  • Hurry up Nurse 2: London Calling
  • The Silent Woman (Cat Carlisle, #1)
  • The Only Wizard in Town (Newport Pagnall #2)
  • Trouble in Paradise
  • Secrets of the Homefront Girls (Homefront Girls #1)
  • The Family Secret (Cat Carlisle, #2)

I’ve got one of those disjointed, rambling career paths that always look rather fun on a book’s flyleaf (but never make any money); lawyer, artist, teacher, house-cleaner, chocolatier, baker, property developer, pantomime producer. I also suffer from moving-house syndrome. I once calculated that I’d moved house more than forty times, in the UK and abroad including Greece, Belgium and the USA.

It f