Start by marking “The Machete Tourist” as Want to Read:
The Machete Tourist

The Machete Tourist

it was amazing 5.00  ·  Rating details ·  8 ratings  ·  3 reviews
John Stintzi is a writer and artist who grew up on a cattle farm in northwestern Ontario. John is currently completing their first collection of poems as well as a few books of fiction. John lives in Kansas City with their partner and two stuffed animals from IKEA, and may be found online at www.johnstintzi.com or @stintzi on Twitter.
Published March 23rd 2018 by knife | fork | book

To ask other readers questions about The Machete Tourist, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Machete Tourist

it was amazing Average rating 5.00  ·

John
Mar 26, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: poetry
The author and I have a lot in common. I hang out with them a lot. They always talk about the things they're writing. I like their jewelry. You should get this book.
Khashayar Mohammadi
Apr 01, 2018 rated it it was amazing
knife I fork I book has a knack for publishing poetry that one can read endlessly, but this book even surpassed their already high standards! I cannot remember how many times I've re-read this book, especially the final poem rings in my ears with the author's haunting voice. One of the best Chapbooks I've ever come across I strongly recommend it to all lovers of snack-sized poetry.
Joelle
May 06, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I’ve read this little book again and again since I received it, and each time it gives something new. It’s exactly the kind of poetry I want to read right now: funny, self-deprecating, heartbreaking. I can’t wait for a full-length poetry collection from this author!
Joanne
Mvargo
Oct 15, 2019
Dessa
Oct 15, 2019
John Elizabeth Stintzi was born and raised on a cattle farm in northwestern Ontario, and is currently writing and living in the United States.

They are the winner of the 2019 RBC Bronwen Wallace Award and the 2019 Long Poem Prize from The Malahat Review. Their debut novel Vanishing Monuments will be released by Arsenal Pulp Press in Spring 2020.