Start by marking “Crowning Heaven” as Want to Read:
Crowning Heaven

Crowning Heaven

really liked it 4.00  ·  Rating details ·  18 ratings  ·  11 reviews
Heaven Cassidy has only ever wanted one thing: a family. But when she opens a letter from her long-lost mother, she finds herself running for her life. Swept into a world of proud queens and ancient feuds, Heaven must decide whether her dream is worth taking on the responsibility of two kingdoms, one of which wants to crown her and the other to kill her.
Paperback
Published May 15th 2018 (first published 2018)

To ask other readers questions about Crowning Heaven, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Crowning Heaven

really liked it Average rating 4.00  ·

Start your review of Crowning Heaven
Katelyn Buxton
~ I received a free advance review copy of this book, therefore all of the following opinions are my own ~

Crowning Heaven tells a familiar rags-to-riches tale, long-lost princess and all. Some might call it cliché, but I really never mind a cliché as long as it’s done well. On the whole, I think Crowning Heaven pulls it off rather successfully. I loved the world-building Hayse put into the two kingdoms that feature most prominently in the story, and all their differences in culture and patterns
Sarah Grace Grzy
Jun 25, 2018 rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: Ages 14+ for violence and mild romance
This book is so totally out of my usual genres, so I am really surprised I liked it! Kudos to the author!

The worldbuilding was so well done; descriptive enough I could picture this entirely new world, so different from earth. But not too descriptive that I got lost. The plot, while probably slightly cliche, was still incredibly enjoyable and unique to me. It had enough of its own quirks and uniquenesses that I didn't find it cliche at all. Full of twists and turns, it kept me in my seat and turn
Mollie Reeder
Jun 06, 2018 rated it it was amazing
A solid debut from a promising new author, Crowning Heaven called to mind for me both Jennifer Nielsen and Queen Victoria.

Heaven, a young woman raised on earth, finds herself caught between kingdoms when she is whisked through a portal (here called a "star-road") and learns that she was the result of a forbidden marriage between the monarchs of two rival nations. With her parents now dead, Heaven is rightful heir to two opposing thrones, and the only person who might unite her parents' peoples.
Kenzie
Dec 03, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Oh my goodness, I loved this book! I'm going to write a more detailed review soon, but for right now, I'm rating this 4.5 stars.

I'm just gonna go cry myself to sleep now...
Anne Rhys
Sep 30, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites
This book was sooooo good! Exciting, heart-wrenching, emotional, funny, and SO VIVID. Everything wrapped up nicely in the end. But the reader is hungry for more. I loved it.
Beth Wangler
Dec 30, 2019 rated it really liked it
This wasn't quite what I expected going in, but I still quite enjoyed it!

The general outline is a familiar story: Earth girl discovers she's a lost princess set to inherit the throne on another planet. What I appreciated in Crowning Heaven was the attention to detail in developing the three major cultures, especially in having different characters epitomize those cultures in different ways. I especially enjoyed the different speech patterns that revealed the backgrounds of the characters and wat
Jameson
Crowning Heaven introduces a complex fantasy world at war, and a young woman seeking a place to belong as she works to bring peace.

The story moves quickly, starting moments before Heaven's life takes a turn far beyond anything she could have imagined. I really liked how Heaven took to her role as heiress—it happens quickly, but she approaches the situation with plans to do her best and hopes of bringing peace to the countries that are unfamiliar but also a part of her.

It took me a while to reme
Claire Banschbach
Aug 18, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: fantasy
Really fun portal fantasy book! Emily Hayes writes in an older style, which reminded me a lot of books I loved growing up, and I just adored getting that feel from this book!

Lost royalty is one of my favorite tropes, and Heaven Cassidy is such a great character. She's way more level headed about the whole situation than I would have been though, let's be honest. lol! There's escapes, political intrigue, battles, and all of the amazing guy characters!

Seriously, I'm just ready for an entire book
Jason
May 22, 2018 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Sorry- jumbled dry mess

1. The bare bones of the story is here, but the heroine does very very little- a speech, a song and saves one person.
2. Characters are introduced and killed just for shock value. First time it happened I thought ok the author is surprising, but when it happened for the 10th time.
3. Please name all the characters called by someone plain woman is odd, even with your explanation
4. One country is so much weaker than the other makes me wonder why they haven’t been conquered alr
A.C. Williams
Mar 05, 2019 rated it really liked it
A thoroughly enjoyable and captivating read! It started a bit slow, but it took off like a rocket about a third of the way through and I couldn't put it down. Some of the relationships felt a bit rushed, but overall it was a great adventure!
Audrey
Mar 09, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Amazing story and very real characters!! I couldn't stop reading!!
M. Elisabeth Hayse

• The Treasure of Silver Lake
  • Blizzard Year
  • A Many Colored Kingdom: Multicultural Dynamics for Spiritual Formation
  • How to Raise a Healthy Child in Spite of Your Doctor
  • The Electrical Menagerie (The Celestial Isles #1)
  • Transformed: A New Way of Being Christian
  • Jesus Driven Ministry
  • Convicted: A Crooked Cop, an Innocent Man, and an Unlikely Journey of Forgiveness and Friendship
  • Cry of the Raven (The Ravenwood Saga, #3)
  • The First Adventure (Legends of the Vengeance, #1)
  • Koning van Katoren (Katoren, #1)
  • The Knight and the Dove (Kensington Chronicles, #4)
  • Who Brings Forth the Wind (Kensington Chronicles, #3)
  • Wings of the Morning (Kensington Chronicles, #2)
  • The Hawk and the Jewel (Kensington Chronicles, #1)
EMILY HAYSE is a lover of log cabins, strong coffee, and the smell of old books. Her writing is fueled by good characters and a lifelong passion for storytelling. When she is not busy turning words into worlds, she can often be found baking, singing, or caring for one of the many dogs and horses in her life. She lives with her family in Michigan.