Start by marking “Crowning Heaven” as Want to Read:
Crowning Heaven

Crowning Heaven

Heaven Cassidy has only ever wanted one thing: a family. But when she opens a letter from her long-lost mother, she finds herself running for her life. Swept into a world of proud queens and ancient feuds, Heaven must decide whether her dream is worth taking on the responsibility of two kingdoms, one of which wants to crown her and the other to kill her.
Paperback
Published May 15th 2018

To ask other readers questions about Crowning Heaven, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Crowning Heaven

Katelyn Buxton
~ I received a free advance review copy of this book, therefore all of the following opinions are my own ~

Crowning Heaven tells a familiar rags-to-riches tale, long-lost princess and all. Some might call it cliché, but I really never mind a cliché as long as it’s done well. On the whole, I think Crowning Heaven pulls it off rather successfully. I loved the world-building Hayse put into the two kingdoms that feature most prominently in the story, and all their differences in culture and patterns
Sarah Grace Grzy
Jun 25, 2018 rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: Ages 14+ for violence and mild romance
This book is so totally out of my usual genres, so I am really surprised I liked it! Kudos to the author!

The worldbuilding was so well done; descriptive enough I could picture this entirely new world, so different from earth. But not too descriptive that I got lost. The plot, while probably slightly cliche, was still incredibly enjoyable and unique to me. It had enough of its own quirks and uniquenesses that I didn't find it cliche at all. Full of twists and turns, it kept me in my seat and turn
Mollie Reeder
Jun 06, 2018 rated it it was amazing
A solid debut from a promising new author, Crowning Heaven called to mind for me both Jennifer Nielsen and Queen Victoria.

Heaven, a young woman raised on earth, finds herself caught between kingdoms when she is whisked through a portal (here called a "star-road") and learns that she was the result of a forbidden marriage between the monarchs of two rival nations. With her parents now dead, Heaven is rightful heir to two opposing thrones, and the only person who might unite her parents' peoples.
Anne Rhys
Sep 30, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This book was sooooo good! Exciting, heart-wrenching, emotional, funny, and SO VIVID. Everything wrapped up nicely in the end. But the reader is hungry for more. I loved it.
Jason
May 22, 2018 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Sorry- jumbled dry mess

1. The bare bones of the story is here, but the heroine does very very little- a speech, a song and saves one person.
2. Characters are introduced and killed just for shock value. First time it happened I thought ok the author is surprising, but when it happened for the 10th time.
3. Please name all the characters called by someone plain woman is odd, even with your explanation
4. One country is so much weaker than the other makes me wonder why they haven’t been conquered alr
Kenzie
Dec 03, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Oh my goodness, I loved this book! I'm going to write a more detailed review soon, but for right now, I'm rating this 4.5 stars.

I'm just gonna go cry myself to sleep now...
M. Elisabeth Hayse
Apr 10, 2018
Kathryn Forney
Apr 15, 2018
Emily
Apr 18, 2018 added it  ·  (Review from the author)
Gloria Harrison
Rosalie
May 16, 2018
Claire Banschbach
May 16, 2018
Emily Hayse has been avidly in love with story ever since she can remember, a love that has only grown with time. A fascination with human nature and an ongoing quest for courage are what drive her writing passion.
When she isn't writing, she can be found messing around with dogs or horses, studying how to sail historical tall ships, or trying a new recipe in the kitchen. She is an avid fan of NAS