Start by marking “Marrying a Cowboy (A Fake Marriage #1)” as Want to Read:
Marrying a Cowboy (A Fake Marriage #1)

Marrying a Cowboy

(A Fake Marriage #1)

Librarian's Note: This is an alternate cover edition for ASIN B07BDFDYNB

Emma George seems destined to be the perpetual bridesmaid. Out of her five friends, she's the surviving single gal and her one potential groom dumped her on her birthday a year ago. Now at the mercy of every do-gooder matchmaker, she's starting to think that love isn't ever going to find her. Alone at
Published March 11th 2018

To ask other readers questions about Marrying a Cowboy, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Marrying a Cowboy

Start your review of Marrying a Cowboy (A Fake Marriage #1)
Kathy
Mar 17, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: read-in-2018
There was potential here for this to be a 5-star book but it felt like this was rushed to print. A beta reader or two and a good editor and this would have been fabulous. Instead, we got a story that wasn't fleshed out as well as it could have been.

This was still a good book with a fun storyline. I enjoyed it and would still read another book by this author in the future. I was just disappointed because this could have been so much better than it actually was.
Rating: 3.5 Stars
Content: Clean
B. D. Mann
Jun 28, 2018 rated it liked it
I am no stranger to this author having read a few of her other works. I was attracted to the premise that two people would calculatingly marry for reasons other than romance, only to find that romance later. This concept has been around for as long as humans have walked this earth. Emma and Austin’s story proved to be a cute, clean reading experience. The author did a great job of developing the characters in this novella. I especially enjoyed Grandma Maverick. I loved the way we were led to bel ...more
Kathy Jo
This one wasn't for me. DNF at 51%. ...more
Isha Coleman
Jul 29, 2018 rated it it was amazing

Audiobook Review: Marrying a Cowboy (A Fake Marriage Series #1) by: Anne-Marie Meyer (Author), Kristen S. Osborne (Narrator)

Unlucky in love, is the start of happily ever after for Emma and Austin. Meyer makes sweet a sexy asset. Marrying A Cowboy takes romance back to a simpler time with a complicated twist. Love doesn't always follow the rules. Emma and Austin are proof of that. Yet it's the last one to the finish line that appreciates it all the more.
Vania Nunes
Jun 26, 2018 rated it really liked it
Emma George was seeing her friends, one by one, getting married and being happy. Of course, they and everyone who knew her wanted Emma to have the same result, but fate did not seem to think so.
Emma was tired of the questions and jokes about her maiden status.
At the wedding of her friend Shannon, Emma is set to pair up with a handsome but rude cowboy, Austin Maverick. Not to mention that three years ago, when the two first met, Austin spilled beer down on her dress.

Austin was doing a favor to hi
ElizrdbthSpeaks
Nov 27, 2018 rated it really liked it
5 books in this series, can't wait to read more!! fast paced story, I just love this idea. great writing style. these characters are so fun! Austin and Emma ... chemistry to the nines. bridesmaids stories .. i am sure we all have some ... don't we? r groommen's story more entertaining or what??! i wonder??! ...more
Debbie Duncalf
Oct 10, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Nice well written read
Lisa Swinton
Mar 29, 2018 rated it really liked it
I'm a growing fan of Ms. Anne-Marie Meyer. This book was a lovely romantic comedy.

Poor Emma is the last single woman standing. Naturally everyone wants to marry her off, especially her mother. There's nothing wrong with being single and Emma is fine with her status, but to get the matchmakers off her back she agrees to a fake marriage with Austin, who she barely knows, to help him get his ranch. His matchmaking grandmother won't given to him unless he gets hitched. Hilarity ensues as Emma and A
Madhellena
Nov 16, 2018 rated it did not like it
Shelves: cowboys-westerns
Melissa Hayford
Mar 16, 2018 rated it really liked it
While I would never enter into one myself, I really enjoy reading about marriages of convenience or fake marriages turning into more. I always get frustrated that they can't be honest with each other about their feelings, but I love reading about how the feelings change and see their relationship grow. This book did it beautifully. I went through all the emotions reading this book, but I loved it. Austin and Emma are two broken people who don't believe they can or will be loved. They are great t ...more
Nari
Mar 18, 2018 rated it really liked it
This is a sweet clean romance about a marriage of convince. Austin needs to be married to get his Grandma to sign the ranch over to him. Emma wants to get all the well meaning matchmakers to leave her alone. Will Emma actually fall for her fake husband as the true convince others that theirs is a real marriage?
Deborah Layne
Love idea and characters

There is a cultural dynamic - writing culture- that demands following but yields little results. Repetition of wrong conclusions based upon self absorption, self doubt and a sudden complete loss of the ability to read or understand each other poisons these books. It's not a genuine conflict. It's a systematic idea that influences the developmental process of these books and persons who are so accustomed to this way of writing keep giving five stars for books that no more
Krista
Oct 02, 2018 rated it it was ok
It was ok.

I liked the idea of this book and really wanted to like it more than I did. I like that it ended with happily ever after. There were a few inconsistencies in the book. Like Emma wondering how she it would feel to kiss Austen when she already had in the court house. Then some sentences that didn't quite make sense to me. I also got really tired of the constant flip flop of feelings, the miscommunication, lying, questioning every feeling etc. It was just too much for me. It went overboa
Rachael Bromley
Apr 05, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I loved this book. Emma is always destined to be a bridesmaid after all her friends are now married. She wants to walk down the isle and have a family but she needs a man for that and it's not for looking. Being fed up with people constantly going on about her singleness she tries to look for the next best thing. Austin was left his ranch by his grandfather but his grandmother puts a stipulation on it before he can receive it all, find someone to settle down with or I will sell it all. He has to ...more
My2CentsBookReviews
Apr 12, 2018 rated it really liked it
The silliest idea ever - being the last two single friends at a wedding can turn some decisions a miss, a must read!

Austin is a rancher for generations it's in his heart and soul. A girl that married him is stuck with small town living and a teacher's wife. He has his ranch as risk marry stipulation of he could loose the ranch. He not worried the girl he is dating Georgia he will marry. They decide to go to Vegas but she leaves him at the alter but worse drains his bank account - yep love sucks!
Connie
Apr 04, 2018 rated it liked it
I received a complimentary copy of this book and I am voluntarily reviewing it.

The premise of the book was great. The characters were good. I completely understood the characters' emotions and thoughts. I felt there were times when the story needed a something extra. It seemed rushed at times. I liked the dual POVs. The copy that I received had a lot of editing errors. Now I know that ARCs can and sometimes do have them on purpose but this one had a lot. There were times when I had to re-read a
Kelly Fountain
Yeah this wasn’t for me. I finished it though. It had good bones and could have been much better. This was supposed to be a love story right? I didn’t feel the connection at all. Yeah they were attracted to each other but that’s all I got. For someone who spent 3 years with an ex, it sure seemed like he didn’t know how to act around a woman. They spent time together but it seemed to focus on more of their individual reasons why they would never work than the two of them actually making a connect ...more
Cherye Elliott
Nov 23, 2018 rated it it was ok
Ugh

I am sorry. I did not like this book. The plot is fine....the characters are fine...

What is fake is the tone and connotation of speaking. Austin is a rancher from Montana...not a cowboy from brokeback mountain. The "feelings" are another thing that was fake. There are no whiny, millennial people in Montana unless they are passing through.

Also if I hear them say it is a fake marriage one more time I am going to scream.
Rhonda Campbell
Apr 23, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Great story

Great story. Emma and Austin make a really good couple. They seem to have a natural connection allowing them to share their stories with each other. They have fun together and their sense of humor is perfectly inline. I can't imagine Austin being stuck up and snooty at the retreat. It just seems like a complete opposite of who he is now. Georgia must have had a very bad effect on him.. Losing her was the best thing that ever happened to him.
Paula
Mar 14, 2018 rated it really liked it
Emma and Austin start out in a fake marriage but sparks begin flying and emotions start emerging. They have both sworn off love but really want to find the "love of their lives". Such a sweet story and a clean romance but you can see and feel their attraction and them really falling for each other. Love this author's work and can't wait for her next book. beautiful cover ...more
Pascale
Mar 14, 2018 rated it really liked it
Fake Marriage

One needs a wife so he can inherit a ranch, the other needs a husband so everyone can get off her back about not being married. A marriage of convenience. But can they convince everyone that their “fake” marriage isn’t pretend and both get what they want? Or will they both end up hurt in the end?
A cute, clean story. I liked it.
L.Provine
Mar 24, 2018 rated it liked it
Great story...

...but way, way, waaay too many spelling, grammar, and punctuation errors! This author has a gift but is in dire need of a copy editor. My Kindle Fire doesn't keep count like my Paperwhite does, but the count is way too high. (He spook under his breath...she gazed at the random build boards...The house had gray shudders...and so on and so forth.)
Pat Rathmann
Jun 25, 2018 rated it really liked it
CUTE ROMANCE

Cute and entertaining fake marriage dilemma. Two people meet at a wedding. Both are very single and are suffering from bad relationship drama. We needs a wide to inherit the ranch and she agrees to help him. Once they get together, their past insecurities and pain get in the way of a possible happy ever after.
Sandra Adams
Oct 21, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Enjoyable read

What a happy flirty love story. From the very start you, the readers, are pulled into the characters lives and are pulling that they both find true love. It was a very believable story not just something the author made up. It gives hope to those who have not met "the one".
Charliegirl1
Sep 03, 2020 rated it liked it
Frustrating read

This was a frustratingly read. Even though their relationship was supposed to be temporary, there had to be a certain level of openness and trust between them to have even a hope of making their ruse work, yet neither on them would open up about their issues or their feelings to one another.
Kerri
Mar 19, 2018 rated it really liked it
Can a fake marriage become real?

This book was very good. I loved Emma and Austin. The chemistry between them was hot, yet managed to stay clean. I had a hard time putting this book down. I couldn't wait to find out how things would work out. A very satisfying read.
Teya Teya
Mar 20, 2018 rated it really liked it
Awe, I really liked it. I love the cover and I loved the story! It was so cute and sweet. Big city girl and a cowboy make a deal get married and fall in real love. What more could you want. Yep I'm a sucker for these kind of books. OH and what a cowboy! ...more
Mrs. Garen L. Herd
Mar 25, 2018 rated it really liked it
Good read

This one was pretty short. Both parties have been emotionally injured.......her by her ex and he by his ex and the death of his mother. They fake-marry, but the sizzle starts. Recommend.
Angi Naerebout
Sep 22, 2018 rated it liked it
It started off as a cute idea, but it just never reached the story it could have been. First, if you are pretending to be married you have to pretend. You can’t act like you aren’t. That just doesn’t work at all. If you are trying not to act married the whole premise falls apart. Because of this aspect, the whole book just felt off. Overall it was cute and ended up okay, but yah...just never quite got to a really good place.
Joan
Sep 27, 2018 rated it really liked it
Loved the story

I loved the story! Emma and Austin are relatable with real world problems and issues. There were too many typos and grammatical errors for me, but overall I enjoyed Marrying a Cowboy.
« previous 1 3 next »

• Her Best Friend (Love Off Limits)
  • Safe Haven (The Protectors #1)
  • Shelter from the Storm (Port Provident: Hurricane Hope #1)
  • Make-Believe Proposal (Make-Believe Series, #5)
  • A-List Kiss
  • Her Pretend Billionaire Boyfriend (Clean Billionaire Romance #1)
  • The Professor's Secret Crush (Forbidden Lake Romance #1)
  • Accidentally Married (Married, #1)
  • The Cowboy's Stolen Heart (The Cowboys of Sweetheart Creek Texas, #1)
  • Crossing The Line (Taming The Tulanes #3)
  • Coffee Shop Girl (Coffee Shop, #1)
  • The Helicopter Pilot's Bride (Brides & Beaches Romance #1)
  • How to Not Fall for the Wrong Guy
  • Her Reluctant Boss (Grant Brothers, #1)
  • Accidentally Matched (Alaska Matchmakers #1)
  • Sweet Montana Sky (Sweet Montana, #1)
  • Montana Homecoming (The Wildes of Birch Bay #6)
  • Falling for Your Fake Fiancé (Love Clichés #3)

A Fake Marriage (5 books)
  • Marrying an Athlete (A Fake Marriage #2)
  • Marrying a Billionaire (A Fake Marriage #3)
  • Marrying a Prince (A Fake Marriage #4)
  • Marrying a Spy (A Fake Marriage #5)

News & Interviews

According to some historians, the month of April is actually named after Aphrodite, the Greek goddess of love, by way of the Romans....