Start by marking “Edge of the Moon (Moon #2)” as Want to Read:
Edge of the Moon (Moon #2)

Edge of the Moon (Moon #2)

3.84  ·  Rating details ·  842 Ratings  ·  44 Reviews
From the award-winning author of Killing Moon comes the second book in her paranormal romance trilogy. A police detective and a woman who files a missing persons report become the pawns of an unholy serial killer in a game of deadly attraction. Original.
Mass Market Paperback, 336 pages
Published August 5th 2003 by Berkley

To ask other readers questions about Edge of the Moon, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Edge of the Moon

Tilly Slaton
Nov 28, 2011 rated it really liked it
Dangerous magic, Undeniable lustful attraction, Demon worshiping psycho and dreams that suck you in and become real.

Edge of the Moon is an interesting novel in the Moon series. It does not surround the werewolf story, although Ross does take a minor character role in this book.

Jack Thornton, a detective and Ross Marshall’s friend is caught up in an obsessive attraction that at times is overwhelming and at other times unreal. Meeting the woman who plagues his dreams, he fights her every step of t
Kittiya
Feb 17, 2009 rated it really liked it
I really liked this story. I feel as though the books in this series can be read as a stand alone. You really don't have to read the one before to enjoy the next one. I tend to go back and forth on how I feel about York. But this one was a big hit with me. A sexy cop, A strong and smart red headed heroin. With magic involved to bring together the not so suspenseful but never the less intriguing mystery. The cover mentioned a werewolf but you don't get to see much of him in this one... to bad. Bu ...more
Heather T
Jan 02, 2011 rated it liked it
Enjoyable. I liked book 2 better, but I really like the guy in this book. I just felt like book 1 got more into the relationship and you didn't have to figure out who or how the "force" was with them.
(That will only make sense if you've actually read them so I apologize.)
I do look foward to book 3.
June
Feb 25, 2008 rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: magical contemporary readers
Recommended to June by: Elissa
Shelves: magic
A really fast read. They remind me a bit of I think of Mercedes Lackey's series of elves helping this world, but a bit more erotic.
Jul 08, 2017 rated it it was ok
Kathy
Theresa
Feb 24, 2016 rated it really liked it
This is Jack Thornton’s story. Remember he was the police detective in the previous book. Here he meets Katheryn Reynolds a graphics designer who works at home. Katheryn’s downstairs’ tenant has gone missing, a strange van has been in the neighborhood and there’s been a few break-ins around her home.

The whole painting world felt very strange to me. It was confusing and unsettling. I did research the painting and while not my cup of tea they fit the story well.

I really liked how Ross & Megan
Robin
Jun 11, 2009 rated it really liked it
Rebecca York - Berkley Publishig Group - Edge of the Moon
This book was much better than the first in the series. We were given more details about the characters and had a fuller scope of their feelings in this book. The book centers around Kathryn Reynolds who tenent is missing. She calls in to report it and comes in contact for the first time with Jack Thornton a cop. They go on a wild journey through sharing dreams and defending themselves against a magician who is hell bent on owning a demon
Hbeebti
Dec 17, 2010 rated it really liked it
This book is pretty good. I think the first book is better, but I loved Jack from the previous book and was excited to read his story. Jack and Kathryn are great together. Although it took almost 90% of the book for Jack to get his head in the game and realize that there was more feeling than he thought he had for Kathryn. They made a great team against the crazy magician and the demon. I really liked the paranormal element in this book. Loved that Ross was back too. Overall this was really good ...more
Jacqueline
May 08, 2010 rated it really liked it
I liked this book pretty well. It was a pnr but the romance wasn't as large a part as in some other books. The magic using was very well done. I think it is harder to do well than the werewolf/vampire thing because you have to have a firmer grasp on how you (the author) intend to have your magic work. Poorly done the story can just become a bunch of gimmes. There was only a little bit of that near the end but it wasn't too bad. I liked both the hero and the heroine both seemed well written and n ...more
Rachel
May 06, 2008 rated it really liked it
Trina Duvall
Sep 24, 2013 rated it liked it
So when I first read this book I never realized it was a series. Which I just love so much. This was a really good book. I loved the characters and how the story developed. Anything with magic I usually fall for and the same happened with this book. There was one thing in the book that made me laugh the demon worshiping psycho. The element of dreams sucking you in and becoming real was a good twist with this book. Who wouldn't love to have a dream become real depending on certain ones. I love wh ...more
Doranna Durgin
May 07, 2010 rated it really liked it
I adored Killing Moon--kept and re-read--but in this book, the blend of paranormal and gritty thriller isn't quite as smooth, and doesn't seem to build on the previous book's mythos at all. The characters tend toward histrionics (especially at the end). But still, I read right through it and am going on to the next in the series, hoping to find it meets the expectations set by the first book. All in all, this is really closer to a three-star, but...maybe I'm influenced by how much I enjoyed the ...more
Cathy
This being the third book I’ve read in this series, I must say that this story disappointed me. I simply didn’t finished. The concept seemed forced. There were a lot of sexual scenes since the beginning (but they were where just dreams), poor character development, the story gets confusing and the paranormal part is completely unnecessary.
So… this one was not for me at all. I liked the other two books, but this one I just lost interest.
Katrina Knittle
Dec 06, 2013 rated it liked it
Undeniable lustful attraction, magic, adventure, action, demon worshipping psycho, and realistic dreams. Is definitely this book all wrapped into one. I will admit for this series I read it completely out of order. I had no clue when I picked the book I first read of this series that there were other's I should read first. Coming in from the fourth or fifth book and then reading randomly is easy to understand what is all going on. This one is a decent fun romance with moderate sexual content.
Veronika Levine
Mar 19, 2013 rated it really liked it
I keep surprising myself by liking these books. And while there was probably a two year gap between reading the first book of the series and the second, I still was able to catch on. This book reads more as romantic suspense with a hint of paranormal. I believe the rest of the series becomes much more paranormal. However halfway through the pace really picked up and I stayed up late to see how it would end. I met this author years ago at RT, a great, quick read.
Kerry  sullivan
This was quite a complicated story but was so compelling it kept me reading. I liked that the demon got a voice too and was not the bad guy really. The whole tale was a bit out there but the characters kept my interest and we got to see Ross and Megan again. It will be interesting to see where book 3 takes the series.
The BookWhisperer
Nov 13, 2009 rated it liked it
This story included Jack Thornton, detective from first book, and Kathryn as a new character. I was held captive with this book as well, as Kathryn and Jack race againist time to save innocent victim at that had of a mad man trying to evoke a demon. The demon is speaking to Jack though dreams to try and save himself. I love the books by Rebecca York. Can't wait to read the next one.
Glynda Roy
Jun 27, 2011 rated it it was amazing
Edge of the Moon was excellent. I call it a paranormal thriller. Two people, Jack ( police detective from Killing Moon) and Kathryn are unwilling participants in the struggle between a magician and the demon he is trying to enslave. Exciting story, great romance.
Rebecca York is an exceptional author. I dare you to read 20 pages and put it down. I can't.
Janell Hartzell
Jul 18, 2015 rated it really liked it
I thought with this being a series it would be a lot different but its a great read and you don't have to read the first to understand the story I enjoy books that follow the series but definitely looking forward to reading the rest
Dawn (Kat N Hat)
This book was better than the first, but again the word distended should not be used in a sex scene. There is just something about the word choices that this author uses that just seem awkward to me and hinders my enjoyment of the stories. The plot itself was good.
Deborah Gillespie
Nov 09, 2011 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: catalogued
I liked Rebecca York's Moon Series and am currently re-reading.

Being the second book this deals with the detective from the first novel Jack Thornton and brings him even more into the paranormal world when he meets Kathryn Reynolds.
Margaret
Aug 04, 2014 rated it liked it

ON EDGE is a prequel to
the Decorah Security series. While in rehab at the Naval Medical
Center, Navy SEAL Frank Decorah has a paranormal experience that sets
the course for the rest of his life.

Dolores
Jan 14, 2013 rated it liked it
Took a little bit of time to get into this book, but once I did, it was a good read. I went out and purchased the next 3 in the series. I am noticing a writing pattern that took place with the last one and this story, I'm hoping it switches up a little bit in the next.
Theashaquay Campbell
Very suspenseful.
Dottie
Jun 20, 2009 rated it it was amazing
Great suspense, could not put down.
Jodyann
Nov 11, 2012 rated it liked it
yea
Liz
May 10, 2010 rated it really liked it
Thoroughly enjoyed this book. Looking forward to the rest of the series :)
Karen Desmond
Nov 02, 2011 rated it really liked it
Sandra Perez
Sep 24, 2010 rated it it was ok
I cannot for some reason, finish this authors books, I read the 1st 1 but could not continue or make myself finish this 1, so no point in reading the rest... I give up!
  • Elemental Magic (Moon #6.5; Rai-Kirah #0.5 )
  • Thunder Moon (Nightcreature, #8)
  • The Lure of the Wolf (Shadowmen #2)
  • Through a Crimson Veil (Crimson City, #3)
  • Master of Darkness (Primes, #4)
  • Wolf at the Door (The Others, #9)
  • The Brotherhood (Blood Moon, #2)
  • Kiss of a Dark Moon (Moon Chasers, #2)
  • Night Season (World of the Lupi, #4)
  • Into the Flame (Darkness Chosen, #4)
  • Wolf Tales V (Wolf Tales #5)
  • The Untamed One (Wild Wulfs of London, #2)
  • Daring The Moon (Moon, #1)
Ruth Glick (born 1942) is a best-selling author of healthy cookbooks and has also written dozens of romantic suspense romance novels under the pen name Rebecca York.

Ruth earned a B.A. in American Thought and Civilization from George Washington University and an M.A. in American Studies from the University of Maryland. Although she always wanted to become a writer, Glick was convinced that her lack
More about Rebecca York...

Moon (1 - 10 of 12 books)
  • Killing Moon (Moon #1)
  • Witching Moon (Moon #3)
  • Burning Moon (Moon, #3.5)
  • Crimson Moon (Moon #4)
  • Shadow of the Moon (Moon #5)
  • New Moon (Moon #6)
  • Huntress Moon (Moon, #6.5)
  • Ghost Moon (Moon #7)