Start by marking “The Sweet Life” as Want to Read:
The Sweet Life

The Sweet Life

Alexis takes her job very seriously. As one of the younger account executives, proving herself in the workplace is much more important than having a love life. And now that she’s been assigned a dude ranch account, she’s more determined than ever to show her doubters that she has what it takes.

Published March 28th 2018 by Limitless Publishing, LLC

To ask other readers questions about The Sweet Life, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Sweet Life

Coco.V
Sep 07, 2018 marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: freebies
💝FREE on Amazon today (9/6/2018)!💝

Blurb:

Unfortunately there’s a tall, hot-tempered, brown-eyed cowboy who manages to distract Alexis from her goal by grabbing her attention…in a non-professional kind of wa
Dani (Dani Reviews Things & Love in a time of Feminism)
While I did get an ARC of this book, I read it through Kindle Unlimited, so even though I have changed my review since initially posting it as part of a blog tour (things bothered me after some reflection), she at least got some money out of it. I have removed the post from my blog so as not to ruin her tour and contacted the organiser to remove me from the schedule altogether.

May is Cowboy Month on Love in a time of Feminism, and we're kicking things off with a very sexy-looking book. (I will a
♥️Fantasy Land  Book Reviewer♥️
City girl meets hot cowboy. This is an enjoyable and cute story. I was happy to have read an advanced reader copy for my honest review.
Sheri
Apr 03, 2018 rated it liked it

The Sweet Life is the story of Alexis, a young business woman in New York, and Mitch, a cowboy who runs a dude ranch in upstate New York (I'm guessing, it wasn't very clear). Alexis is given the case of The Sweet Life Dude Ranch, and her job is to go in and help make them profitable again.

In order to get a good feel of what the ranch is like, Alexis and her two friends, Jo Jo and Nicole head there for a girls weekend. When they arrive, they are greeted by Mitch, a stunning cowboy who works on th
Jennifer Pierson
Apr 09, 2018 rated it really liked it
Alexis is a city girl, who is very successful as an account executive at her firm, but she's worked many hours proving herself, so she hasn't had much of a love life. When she gets a new account for a dude ranch, her & her besties take a weekend to look things over, and that's when she meets Mitch, a hot cowboy. She feels a very strong chemistry with him, but when she finds out that he's the owner's son, she feels like she needs to nip it in the bud. However, she has to travel back there for ...more
Corrie
May 16, 2018 rated it really liked it
Fans of cowboy romances with a little erotic twist will surely enjoy The Sweet Life by Dakota Star.

I think the best part of this book was the anticipation of how Alexis and Mitch would overcome all that stood in their way. Absolutely love cowboy's and their laid back control. There is just something about these guys and I think Dakota Star did a fabulous job with Mitch. He was no stranger to the city and that is why I think I enjoyed him so much. He was CERTAIN that country life was it for him a
Lisa
Apr 06, 2018 rated it really liked it
When Alexis is tasked with turning around the fortunes of a ranch with her marketing skills, she and her friends head there for a weekend away to experience it first hand. She discovers her affinity for nature and Mitch, the owner's son. She loves the charm and the beauty of the place and the time there and Mitch makes her question her priorities and her future.

This started out one way and turned into something else along the way. I would have liked a little more exploring of this something else
Melissa
Apr 11, 2018 rated it it was amazing

This book was sweet with the inside look at how a dude ranch works! Alexis has always worked hard at her career and loves her life in New York until she meets Mitch on the dude ranch. Their chemistry is exposive. Mitch loves his life on the dude ranch, which is owned by his surgeon father. Can these two find love and live somewhere the other is not used to?

Very well written with believable characters! I love reading books with cowboys in it! I can not wait to read more from this author.

☆☆☆☆☆
I g
Roxy Matthews
Apr 13, 2018 rated it liked it
The Sweet Life is a sweet story that takes the country boy meets city girl and gives it a shake up. I loved the strength and determination of Alexis, the way Mitch stands up for his ranch, but really enjoyed their first steamy encounter and how quickly it turned when Mitch realizes just who Alexis is and what she is at his dude ranch for.
I did find it hard to stay involved in the story line with the basic formatting and editing issues, but once I got past that, the story really pulled me in.
I lo
Wendy Livingstone
Apr 07, 2018 rated it really liked it
When Alexis is tasked with using her marketing skills to save a ranch, she is not prepared to cross paths with sexy cowboy Mitch. As their relationship progresses, Mitch has Alexis questioning her ambitions and future plans. This is a well written, sweet romance, and the only downside, in my opinion, is that the story felt a tad rushed in places, however, I would like to read more of this authors’ work.
Kati
Apr 24, 2018 rated it really liked it
A quick contemporary romance featuring two fun characters with great chemistry. It’s city girl meets country boy with a sweet ending. Alexis is a strong and fiery character that is easy to like. She is a great pairing for Mitch who is strong and passionate about the Dude Ranch. This book is short and sweet. It is easy to fly through and great for anyone interested in a quick romance read.
Bailey Ember
Jul 16, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: romance
I was completely immersed in this story from the get-go.

The characters were probably my favorite part. I really enjoyed each of their stories. I didn't feel like anyone was out of place or didn't fit.

The plot was smooth and I liked the way it flowed from chapter to chapter. The romance had a sweet build up that led into multiple HOTT moments.

And might I add a gorgeous cover?
Truly
Apr 28, 2018 rated it it was amazing
The Sweet Life by Dakota Star is a wonderful story that takes place on a dude ranch. A lovely story of unexpected romance that is well written. The characters are unique and well-developed with amazing backstories. Overall, an enjoyable romantic read.
Dominique Martin
Apr 07, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This book was a great read full of romance and adventure. I loved the western dude ranch setting and relatable characters. This book has everything you want in a romance and more!
Hope
Apr 03, 2018
Cazzychaps
Dec 08, 2018
Dakota Star
Apr 15, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)
Lisa
Apr 02, 2018
Terra
rated it did not like it
Apr 05, 2018
Jun 17, 2018
RABT Book Tours: The Sweet Life by Dakota Star 1 2 May 20, 2018 09:32PM
RABT Book Tours: The Sweet Life by Dakota Star 1 1 May 14, 2018 08:35PM
RABT Book Tours: The Sweet Life by Dakota Star 1 1 Apr 23, 2018 10:01PM
  • Just Between Friends: A BBW Western Romance (The Cowboy Connection Book 1)
  • Daddy Mine (Sweet Texas Love Book 1)
  • Cowboy, Sing Me Home
  • Tempting Tori (Courage Brothers of Texas, #1)
  • Wyoming Manhunt
  • Dynomite
  • Unfinished Dreams
  • Buck Naked (Naked Cowboys, #2)
  • Annie and Patrick (Under a Texas Sky)
  • Set in Stone (Second Chance #3)
  • Jingle Boots (Rope 'n Ride ON, #5)
  • Saddles and Spells (Saddles and Spells, #1)
  • Liar Liar (Southern Seductions, #1)
  • Loving You
  • Claiming His Cowgirl (Crawley Creek #3)
  • Wedding Day
  • Secrets of the Tycoon's Bride (The Garrisons, #5)
  • Risky Business