Start by marking “The Sweet Life” as Want to Read:
The Sweet Life

The Sweet Life

Alexis takes her job very seriously. As one of the younger account executives, proving herself in the workplace is much more important than having a love life. And now that she’s been assigned a dude ranch account, she’s more determined than ever to show her doubters that she has what it takes.

Published March 28th 2018 by Limitless Publishing, LLC

To ask other readers questions about The Sweet Life, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Sweet Life

Start your review of The Sweet Life
Coco.V
Sep 07, 2018 marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: freebie
💝FREE on Amazon today (9/6/2018)!💝

Blurb:

Unfortunately there’s a tall, hot-tempered, brown-eyed cowboy who manages to distract Alexis from her goal by grabbing her attention…in a non-professional kind of wa
Dani (Dani Reviews Things & Love in a time of Feminism)
While I did get an ARC of this book, I read it through Kindle Unlimited, so even though I have changed my review since initially posting it as part of a blog tour (things bothered me after some reflection), she at least got some money out of it. I have removed the post from my blog so as not to ruin her tour and contacted the organiser to remove me from the schedule altogether.

May is Cowboy Month on Love in a time of Feminism, and we're kicking things off with a very sexy-looking book. (I will a
♥️Fantasy Land  Book Reviewer♥️
City girl meets hot cowboy. This is an enjoyable and cute story. I was happy to have read an advanced reader copy for my honest review.
Sheri
Apr 03, 2018 rated it liked it

The Sweet Life is the story of Alexis, a young business woman in New York, and Mitch, a cowboy who runs a dude ranch in upstate New York (I'm guessing, it wasn't very clear). Alexis is given the case of The Sweet Life Dude Ranch, and her job is to go in and help make them profitable again.

In order to get a good feel of what the ranch is like, Alexis and her two friends, Jo Jo and Nicole head there for a girls weekend. When they arrive, they are greeted by Mitch, a stunning cowboy who works on th
Jennifer Pierson
Apr 09, 2018 rated it really liked it
Alexis is a city girl, who is very successful as an account executive at her firm, but she's worked many hours proving herself, so she hasn't had much of a love life. When she gets a new account for a dude ranch, her & her besties take a weekend to look things over, and that's when she meets Mitch, a hot cowboy. She feels a very strong chemistry with him, but when she finds out that he's the owner's son, she feels like she needs to nip it in the bud. However, she has to travel back there for a m ...more
Kate_mrs539
May 16, 2018 rated it really liked it
Fans of cowboy romances with a little erotic twist will surely enjoy The Sweet Life by Dakota Star.

I think the best part of this book was the anticipation of how Alexis and Mitch would overcome all that stood in their way. Absolutely love cowboy's and their laid back control. There is just something about these guys and I think Dakota Star did a fabulous job with Mitch. He was no stranger to the city and that is why I think I enjoyed him so much. He was CERTAIN that country life was it for him a
Lisa
Apr 06, 2018 rated it really liked it
When Alexis is tasked with turning around the fortunes of a ranch with her marketing skills, she and her friends head there for a weekend away to experience it first hand. She discovers her affinity for nature and Mitch, the owner's son. She loves the charm and the beauty of the place and the time there and Mitch makes her question her priorities and her future.

This started out one way and turned into something else along the way. I would have liked a little more exploring of this something else
Melissa
Apr 11, 2018 rated it it was amazing

This book was sweet with the inside look at how a dude ranch works! Alexis has always worked hard at her career and loves her life in New York until she meets Mitch on the dude ranch. Their chemistry is exposive. Mitch loves his life on the dude ranch, which is owned by his surgeon father. Can these two find love and live somewhere the other is not used to?

Very well written with believable characters! I love reading books with cowboys in it! I can not wait to read more from this author.

☆☆☆☆☆
I g
Roxy Matthews
Apr 13, 2018 rated it liked it
The Sweet Life is a sweet story that takes the country boy meets city girl and gives it a shake up. I loved the strength and determination of Alexis, the way Mitch stands up for his ranch, but really enjoyed their first steamy encounter and how quickly it turned when Mitch realizes just who Alexis is and what she is at his dude ranch for.
I did find it hard to stay involved in the story line with the basic formatting and editing issues, but once I got past that, the story really pulled me in.
I lo
Wendy Livingstone
Apr 07, 2018 rated it really liked it
When Alexis is tasked with using her marketing skills to save a ranch, she is not prepared to cross paths with sexy cowboy Mitch. As their relationship progresses, Mitch has Alexis questioning her ambitions and future plans. This is a well written, sweet romance, and the only downside, in my opinion, is that the story felt a tad rushed in places, however, I would like to read more of this authors’ work.
Geraldine Rubin
Jul 09, 2019 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Disgusting

I thought I was going to read a sweet story of a old fashion romance, instead this book is about sex within days of the main characters meeting. Swearing and more sex! Like movies books should have ratings!! I am sick of authors who believes we all want to read about the sex act. Needless to say I DID NOT finished this book.

Michelle Ferrari-Johnson
When The City Meets The Country

Alexis loves her life in the city. When she and her girlfriends visit a ranch that has recently become a client, she is blown away by one certain cowboy. She isn't worried about much, until she finds out he's the owner's son. Then all bets are off.... or are they?, she simply can not stop thinking of him ~
Joan Countryman
Aug 15, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
The Sweet Life : By Dakota Star

I really enjoyed "The Sweet Life" By Dakota Star I loved this book. Mitch and Alexis are great together until Mitch finds out she is there to look around too see what could be done to draw in more people at the ranch . That's when they start to have problems .I recommend 18 and up .
Kati
Apr 24, 2018 rated it really liked it
A quick contemporary romance featuring two fun characters with great chemistry. It’s city girl meets country boy with a sweet ending. Alexis is a strong and fiery character that is easy to like. She is a great pairing for Mitch who is strong and passionate about the Dude Ranch. This book is short and sweet. It is easy to fly through and great for anyone interested in a quick romance read.
R.K. Emery
Jul 16, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: romance
I was completely immersed in this story from the get-go.

The characters were probably my favorite part. I really enjoyed each of their stories. I didn't feel like anyone was out of place or didn't fit.

The plot was smooth and I liked the way it flowed from chapter to chapter. The romance had a sweet build up that led into multiple HOTT moments.

And might I add a gorgeous cover?
Truly Trendy PR
Apr 28, 2018 rated it it was amazing
The Sweet Life by Dakota Star is a wonderful story that takes place on a dude ranch. A lovely story of unexpected romance that is well written. The characters are unique and well-developed with amazing backstories. Overall, an enjoyable romantic read.
Renika
Apr 16, 2020 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Not completed

The book ended abruptly.If their meeting was about the changes been made to the Ranger, it would have been nice to know if Alexis was successful at her job and what was done to ensure the couple understood each other views.
Gina Marie
Jun 17, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: dakota-star
Mitch & Alexis

The Sweet Life is just that, Sweet. This is the first book I’ve read by this author, and I think it might be her debut novel. I enjoyed the storyline and and the authors writing style, I’m looking forward to reading more from Dakota Star in the future.
Dominique Martin
Apr 07, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This book was a great read full of romance and adventure. I loved the western dude ranch setting and relatable characters. This book has everything you want in a romance and more!
Barbara A. Faw
Apr 20, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Enjoyed this western romance.
Doris Moore
rated it it was ok
Dec 08, 2018
« previous 1 3 next »

• Pieces Of Me
  • Forever with You (Misfit Tattoo, #1)
  • Lead Security (Rogue Security and Investigation, #3)
  • Dream Maker (Lonesome Cowboy #3)
  • Menace (Moonshine Task Force, #5)
  • Inking Up Love: Insta Love Shy Girl Romance #4
  • Mountain Man (Smith Brothers, #1)
  • Air Force Hero
  • Saving the Sheriff (Hills of Texas, #1)
  • Heather (Hart Land Book 1)
  • Trigger Happy (Black Mountain Bikers #3)
  • Royal Catch (The Rourkes, #1)
  • Gray Wolf Mate (League of Gallize Shifters, #1)
  • Second Chance Cowboy (Road to Romance, #2)
  • Big Bad Fire Daddy (Firemen of Manhattan #3)
  • Torn by Love (Scarred by Love, #4)
  • Ice Princess (Alpha Agency Protectors #4)
  • His Big Offer
First, a little about me. I’ve always loved animal (especially horses and dogs), nature, reading, and spinning a tale or two. All of those influences came together in A Haunted Love and The Sweet Life. If I’m not hiking or horseback riding, I’m bent over the computer creating a new adventure.