Start by marking “Bittersweet” as Want to Read:
Bittersweet

Bittersweet

From two USA Today bestselling authors comes a tale of miscommunication and muffins.

Romy Love knows weddings. As the author of a hugely successful wedding blog, you’d think she’d have love covered. It is her last name, after all.
Published May 1st 2018

To ask other readers questions about Bittersweet, please sign up.
Carmen Jenner Hi Lori Jo, Lauren and I are so glad you're excited for Bittersweet. It releases May 1st, and at this stage it will be exclusive to Amazon. Thanks so …moreHi Lori Jo, Lauren and I are so glad you're excited for Bittersweet. It releases May 1st, and at this stage it will be exclusive to Amazon. Thanks so much for your interest. :)(less)

Start your review of Bittersweet
Sofia Lazaridou
May 01, 2018 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Let me tell you something about this book that most people won't. Up to 43% Elio and Romy spend their time flirting with each other and never saying how they feel out loud. Due to a couple of situations that led to huge misunderstandings neither of them wants to have a romantic relationship with the other and Romy moves on to another man. At 43%! From the 43% mark 'till the 85th she is dating another man. And she also sleeps with him. Her reason for sleeping with him is her kiss with Elio. Does ...more
Jo - •.★Reading Is My Bliss★.•
Romy lives and breathes weddings. She has a very successful blog where she shares advice and tips for those planning their special day. She knows exactly what she wants for her own special day but all she needs now is a groom.

Romy has the hots for the gorgeous barista who makes her coffee every day but she just lacks the confidence to do anything about it. Surely he is out of her league? She will continue to admire him from afar and daydream about what could have been.

When Elio begins to flirt w
Michelle
ARC provided by author in exchange for an honest review

a6c8e5595da3e5cf880999f66ae6e5

Carmen Jenner and Lauren K. McKellar treats readers to four and half cups of sugary sweetness!!! There was nothing Bittersweet about their latest release as this book was fun, sweet, adorable, sexy, and playful. It is the kind of read that will warm your hearts as it wasn’t an over the top drama kind of romance. What’s not to love about a wedding blogger crushing on the hot barista, who happens to own the coffee shop? Did I also mention that
ItaPixie
Apr 30, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 4-stars

Bittersweet was such a pleasure to read,it's sweet, cute, funny and I've said sweet??

Romy is a wedding blogger and Elio is her favorite barista,they seem perfect for each other but their insecurities and their previous bad love experiences put a brake on their growing attraction.
I've really enjoyed these characters journey and I couldn't help but to cheer for them from start to end.

I hope to read more from this author duo because I need the story of two certain supporting characters.

Copy kind

Meegz Reads
Apr 25, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: kindle
*4 Stars*

ARC kindly received in exchange for an honest review.

This book was a fast and enjoyable read. I liked both main characters, but I wanted to smack their heads together so that they would speak to each other and communicate clearly.

I pretty much liked all the characters apart from one, and you'll know who that is when you read it yourself, trust me.

There were a lot of sweet and a lot of funny moments, and some moments you just wanted to smack someone on the head. Everything played ou
✰  BJ's Book Blog ✰Janeane ✰
ARC received for an honest review

Two of my favourite Aussie authors have come together to write Bittersweet.

And what a delightfully sweet story it is.

Romy and Elio's story is all kinds of cute and adorable, and right from the get go I wanted Romy to get her

I love how adorkably cute they are around each other. Watching them circle each other, neither admitting they want the other. You just want to smoosh them together.

There is a little darling of a scene stealer that will absolutely grab y
Alecia (The Staircase Reader)
May 01, 2018 rated it really liked it
description

Bittersweet is a novel about one womans journey towards finding love and one man's journey of single fatherhood.

Romy is a wedding blogger with her only goal being to catch the eye of the hot barista at the coffee shop beneath her apartment.

Elio has watched Romy, flirted with Romy, and seriously crushed on Romy. but after his ex walked away from him and their daughter he's hesitant on bringing someone else into his daughter's life until he's sure it's real.

Romy and Elio's story is cute as hell a
Brie
May 05, 2018 rated it liked it
Carmen Jenner and Lauren K. McKellar delivered a bittersweet read that kept me laughing and eating up the inner monologue of the heroine like those scrumptious desserts our hero likes to bake so much!

Romy Love was hilarious, her mind set in the beginning of the book gave me more than a few laughs to the point I loved being in her head. Elio is cautious, and his reasons warrant that, but he knows what he wants and though he takes a slow approach with Romy it all made sense to me.

Though Bitterswee
Lisa
May 11, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Went into this one completely blind. It was a pretty easy read which was enjoyable. Great characters that I’m sure you’ll fall in love with quickly.
Aiade Guerra
May 06, 2018 rated it liked it
The first half was amazing, I was ready to give it 4, maybe 4.5 stars. I loved the characters and can't wait to have the next story set in the same universe (Nico and Bianca, anyone?)

However, miscommunication and stupid (stupid, STUPID!) decisions took too much space and I was left wishing there was something more, maybe a longer epilogue.

It's still a nice reading for an afternoon.
Liz
May 01, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I have read books separately from each of these authors, so when I heard they were teaming up on a story together, I knew I had to read it. Bittersweet by Carmen Jenner and Lauren K. McKellar was a sweet and charming read with lots of laugh out loud moments.

Romy Love’s life is all about weddings, as a successful wedding blogger, you would think her love life would be perfect. But it is not. Even if she has the wedding dress, the one she planned on wearing on her wedding day, before everything f
Rhiannon St. Clair
***I received an ebook copy from the author at no cost***

This is a comedic, cute, and fun romance story.

There's so many sugary sweet scenes in this book. Romy and Elio do this dance, this push and pull with one another, and it's so obvious (to everyone but them it seems) that they feel something for one another.

I laughed throughout most of this story. The banter between characters is well-written and made the relationships even more relatable.

There were a few parts where I was on the edge of m
Stacey (Sassy Book Lovers)

Wedding blogger and a coffee God, yep, I was sold!

I really enjoyed this book. The characters are lovable, fun and easy to connect with (though they do require a good slappin' from time to time lol). If you enjoy your stories with lots of sweetness and angst, then I highly recommend grabbing book!

These two authors have done a wonderful job together, I know I'll be looking out for more of their stories.
Tamara
Apr 29, 2018 rated it really liked it

Bittersweet was a fun and sweet story about Romy, a wedding blogger and Elio the sexy barista owns the bakery in her building. Love and dating can be difficult at the best of times, but it’s even worse after you’ve been burned and lack the confidence to start something with someone new. What if you put yourself out there, and it turns out the other person isn’t interested, and more importantly if things got awkward where would Romy get her morning coffee and muffin fix from?

I loved the start of
Lauren
May 04, 2018 rated it really liked it
Bittersweet is a romantic comedy that was written by Carmen Jenner and Lauren K McKellar. Although I have read some of Carmen Jenner’s stories, this book is the first of Lauren K McKellar’s that I have read. I found the writing style fairly easy to follow, the characters loveable and the storyline enjoyable.
I will admit that I did find the first few chapters of this story slow. It was a slow start but as the story progresses, it flows easily. After the first few chapters of this story, I was ho
Bexxy (Desperately Seeking HEA's Blog)

Bittersweet is a Romantic Comedy about a heartbroken girl who's in love with love and weddings and a heartbroken boy who's in love with her.

Romy is a girl after my own heart. A passion for love, blogging, coffee and muffins. And the hot Italian Barista who works downstairs.

Romy breathes, writes and dreams about love but is single and desperate to mingle! She spends her days writing about everyone else's weddings and giving advice from her favourite spot in the Cafe down stairs. Romy has had a
Flavs is Mrs David Gandy♥~♥’
I voluntarily reviewed a copy of this book

What an enjoyable read. Frustrating but enjoyable. I love these two characters but I seriously wanted to wack Elio and Romy and tell them to just speak to each other.
Romy has a blog all about love and weddings and planning your wedding, and all she wanted was her own happily ever after, and maybe it's the hottie in the coffee shop she frequents. If only she would have the courage to tell him how she feels. But after what happened with her ex, Romy knows
Marika
May 05, 2018 rated it really liked it
This story was so very sweet and so much fun!
Romy is a wedding blogger..she lives and breathes weddings..and coffee.
She is still single but she has her eyes on the hottest baker..Elio!
Elio who is italian, bakes like a God and looks like one too.
The story is in dual Povs and I enjoyed reading both sides of the story.
There's chemistry and longing, miscommunication and some minor drama, a awesome sister and a noisy nonna, and the cutest little girl ever.
I loved that Elio was so focused on the littl
Andrea Fleury
Jun 11, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Hot Italian baker

Very romantic. A sexy barista and a wedding blogger. She lives in an apartment above his show. She loves his coffee his muffins and him. He has a secret.
MillsyLovesBooks
Apr 28, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I love Carmen Jenner reads but this is my first time of reading Lauren K. McKellar. That will definitely be changing i'll be checking out her books. But Carmen Jenner will always be a must read author her books always pull me in heart and mind.

Bittersweet is an adorably sweet read, great banter with two characters that are wanting a relationship. But are also very cautious when it comes to matters of the heart.

Romy is a wedding blogger and a self confessed coffee and muffin addict. She loves not
Shabby  -BookBistroBlog
Apr 27, 2018 rated it it was amazing
A tummy clutching, hilarious story about miscommunication, muffins and madness

Endearing characters, extremely funny situations, an inappropriate heroine who blurts before she thinks and a hot barista and you have a perfect Rom-com with sexual tension simmering on a burner in Elio's modern kitchen. This guy can whip up delicate rose water flavoured desserts and orgasmic pasta in a heartbeat and his buns are to die for!!!
His body is amazing . His shoulders are broad, lined with muscle, and
Vivi Chatzikiriakou
" If you embody in words the witty mind of Carmen's Jenner and the romantic spirit of Lauren's K. McKellar then you will experience reading the majorly sweet story of Bittersweet. Never before coffee and muffins sound so delicious! "

Book rates: 4+stars
Plot: 4stars
Characters: 4+starts
Writing: 4+stars
Pacing: 4stars
Cover: 5stars

Hero: Elio Moretti
Heroine: Romy Love

"I received a complimentary copy of this book and have volunteered to leave a review."

Just like the synopsis, Bittersweet has got th
nicandbooks
Oh so bitterSWEET 💕

With one of my all time favourite authors co-writing a book with one of her best friends I knew I was in for an incredible book - and Bittersweet was all that and more. Carmen Jenner’s books include some of my absolute faves and while I’m new to Lauren McKellar, I’ll definitely be checking her books out. Together, they have delivered a book that is hilariously sweet with the right amount of drama ... toss in a family man and a woman who isn’t the “perfect size” (because she’
Suzanne (Lily)
May 01, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition

3.5 Elio can bake for me any day Stars!

Be prepared for talk of scrumptious baked treats and the gorgeous man who creates them. If you’re a coffee drinker, you’ll be weak at the knees after meeting Elio. If you haven't picked up on it yet, Bittersweet introduces a man who is perfection personified. The kind of guy you take home to meet the family, a definite keeper.

Romy doesn’t miss Elio’s goodness and spends her mornings appreciating his coffee and muffins. The only problem is neither Romy or E
Renee
May 03, 2018 rated it it was amazing

Romy Love knows weddings. As the author of a hugely successful wedding blog, you would think she would have love covered. It is her last name after all. When it comes to her big day, Romy has the flowers picked out, a dress collecting dust in the back of her closet, and a preacher on standby. There's just one problem, the groom doesn't know it yet. Romy has eyes for the Italian coffee god and single d
Miriam
Shelves: contemporary
Elio is perfect. For Romy. Except... Well, she has hangups. Lots of them. So does he, she just doesn't know it. What starts as flirting--Romy's kind of up in the air about that at first because why, oh why, would a man like Elio flirt with a woman like her?--leads to more flirting and comfortable banter. But that's it.

The hangups and assumptions puts a sudden stop to everything growing between them which led to confusion, hurt, and wasted time.

Anyone in a relationship knows that communication is
April Symes
Bittersweet is a fast, sweet and exciting story that hooks the reader from the very beginning and keeps the reader enthralled until the very end. Both main characters are very likable and relatable. This is a light, funny romance with extremely funny situations , tons of angsty sweet scenes and the main characters were so sugary sweet and addictive that I totally fell in love with them. Romy and Elio have this push/pull about their romance that even though I am yelling at my kindle , saying enou ...more
Sandy
**4.00 Blushes**

Wedding. Weddings. Weddings. They are quite literally Romy Love’s bread and butter. She gives tips and advice on her own popular lifestyle/wedding blog. Except her own big day bit the dust when she found out her fiancée was still looking for love in all the wrong places.

Elio is the very sweet and sexy Italian Romeo who owns the café under her apartment where she works from every morning. Being a curvy girl Romy is charmed by Elio’s delicious handmade baked goods. Though she’s not
Mandie Foxylutely
Romy loves everything weddings, she lives and breathes the romance and the love that surrounds weddings. So much is her passion for weddings, she runs her own successful blog advising soon to be wed lovers. But one thing that seems to be lacking in Romy’s life is her own Prince Charming and somebody to sweep her off her feet. She fantasises about Elio who owns the coffee shop below her apartment where she spends most of her days writing her blog with intermittent swooning at the hot barista. She ...more
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »
Some Like It Hot!: This topic has been closed to new comments. тeaѕer тυeѕday~ Bittersweet 3 16 May 08, 2018 01:45PM

• The Bluff (Calamity Montana, #2)
  • Only One Touch (Only One #4)
  • Nanny I Want to Mate
  • Rebel (Montgomery Brothers, #3)
  • Hot Dad
  • Justice (Creed Brothers,  #1)
  • Decidedly with Luck (By the Bay, #6)
  • Take A Chance (Willow Creek, #4)
  • My Kind of Love (Finding Love #1)
  • Only One Night (Only One #3)
  • Stumbling Into Him (Stumbling Through Life, #1)
  • The Hook-Up Experiment (The Experiment, #1)
  • Broken Halo (The Montgomerys, #2)
  • How to Save a Life
  • The Rebound
  • Perfectly Imperfect
  • Loving Colt (Southern Boys, #3)
  • Don't Kiss the Bride
Carmen Jenner is a USA Today and international bestselling author.

A hardcore red lipstick addict and a romantic at heart, Carmen enjoys books—duh!—long walks through Sephora, tattooed boys, and eyeliner so sharp it could kill a man. She lives in small-town, Australia, where she wrangles her two children, a French Bulldog named Busy, her Jungle Jag Python named Bunny, and her very own manchild.

Carm