Start by marking “Murdering Mr. Edwards: Tales from Canterbury High” as Want to Read:
Murdering Mr. Edwards: Tales from Canterbury High

Murdering Mr. Edwards: Tales from Canterbury High

One obnoxious English teacher. Twelve tales of his death.

In this 'noir-vella' short story collection, Mr. Edwards is murdered by a different staff member in each of twelve tales.

Twelve stories of varying length and gruesomeness, reveal the distinct method and motives of the art teacher, the chemistry teacher, the computer techie, the custodian, the drama teacher, the Fren
Published April 10th 2018 by Coffin Hop Press

To ask other readers questions about Murdering Mr. Edwards, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Murdering Mr. Edwards

Sherrylynn Wrenn
Aug 05, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I never thought I would enjoy being back in high school again but heading back there with "Murdering Mr. Edwards" was all it took.
The characters were relatable and engaging - I wanted to see them succeed - really succeed- so I think the author helped me embrace my own, um, imagination. That's it.
I recommend this book to anyone who loves to read. It takes you through many POVs and keeps it fresh and fun.

Grady
Aug 04, 2018 rated it it was amazing
‘No one remembered that the English Department Head office had been closed because of black mould’.

Canadian author Shawn Bird earned her BA in English from Athabasca University and her Med in curriculum form the University of British Columbia and is a high school English teacher, an author, and a poet in the beautiful Shuswap region of British Columbia. She has published the YA novel series Grace Awakening and several books of poetry. In her spare time, she trick trains her talented miniature po
Vikki
Mar 11, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Advance Copy Review:

I loved this mystery by Shawn L. Bird! I plan to get a few for retiring friends so they remember how much they enjoy us, even the English teachers :) This novella is the perfect first read for a summer. Or a Saturday after a tough week at work. Ms. Bird creates fun action scenes and masters the voices of her various characters, people readers who teach will easily recognize from their own schools. I'd love to work with the teachers at Canterbury High, with the exception of Mr
Vivian Morris
Apr 02, 2018 rated it it was amazing

I received an Advance Reading Copy in exchange for an honest review.
A perfect book to read in the depths of winter, Murdering Mr. Edwards, is a light hearted funny book with a touch of murder to equal the darkness of winter . Reminiscent of Alexander McAll Smith's professor von Igelfeld series, Bird gives us an equally annoying protagonist whose colleagues are eager to rid themselves of. If you enjoyed Smith's series you will find equal pleasure in this book of short tales where teachers take pl
Tracy
Apr 01, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I was given the opportunity to read this book advance copy over spring break, and I was glad I did! There is a subtle dark humour that made me giggle a couple of times. There is suspense and mystery surrounding the story that keeps you intrigued the whole way through, ending with a twist that caught me by surprise. I would like to see a sequel of some sort to this book!
Michelle
Aug 30, 2018 rated it really liked it
Highly enjoyable. Especially if you're married to a teacher. ;o)
Celticsiren
Aug 16, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2018
This quirky little book captured my attention from start to finish and never once did I feel sorry for the diabolical Mr. Edwards.

Books win or lose me on their dialogue and Shawn can definitely write a good conversation. I was at a book launch for this where she read the French teacher's tale with a great accent. That's what I heard every time Ms. Marchand spoke in the book.

Highly recommend!
Lesley
May 09, 2018 rated it really liked it
Fiction - mystery
Well written contempory "dark comedy" concerning the attempts of teachers, and staff of a high school to murder the English teacher. He is an obnoxious individual who makes life a misery for the others. Mr. Edwards is totally oblivious to the pain and anger he causes.
Each chapter is devoted to the attempts on his life by a different teacher, leaving you to wonder who is successful. Every attempt is ingenious, and often hilarious.
This is a quick, entertaining read with a surprisi
Sheila
Sep 04, 2018 rated it liked it
Mr. Edwards is an obnoxious English teacher at a high school. While the students love him, his co-workers do not. Each chapter is told from the perspective of several of these co-workers and how they would scheme to 'do him in'!
Very cute idea and I quite enjoyed reading it.
My only suggestion is for the editor to please use a larger font the next time. The very small print made it difficult to read at times.
M.L.D.
Sep 10, 2018 rated it really liked it
Fun novella about a high school's staff and teachers trying to off the asshole English teacher. While I'm not sure I buy that Mr. Edwards was such a casanova, these were pretty entertaining and a breezy read. My favorite was the "Computer Tech's Tale". (It reads aloud quite well, in case you're wondering.) Haven't we all had problems with password restrictions and guidelines??
Emily
Oct 10, 2018 rated it really liked it
I laughed out loud at these dark short stories.
Heulwen Sweet
Sep 24, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: sixtybooks
Loved the idea that everyone has a version where they take Mr Edwards out. Little too much swearing which limits who I can share this with.
Ashlynn Valana
Apr 25, 2018
Lyn
Jul 01, 2018
Shawn Bird
Mar 12, 2018 added it  ·  (Review from the author)
Jennifer Newman
Nov 10, 2018
Shay
Nov 23, 2018
Shawn Bird
Apr 07, 2018 added it  ·  (Review from the author)  ·  review of another edition
Shawn is an author and high school teacher living in the beautiful Shuswap Lake region of British Columbia, Canada with her brilliant, musical husband. She is a former exchange student and a proud member of Rotary, and so she is out to change the world in many ways. Shawn osaa puhua Suomen kieli. Shawn peut parler français.

Come explore with her through blog, Twitter, Pinterest, or Facebook. She is