Start by marking “The Bodyguard (Undercover #1)” as Want to Read:
The Bodyguard (Undercover #1)

The Bodyguard

(Undercover #1)

Someone wants Vikramaditya Seth Jr. dead.
He refuses the Z+ security option offered by the government. With too many variables trust is hard to come by…

Esha Sinha prepares for her first assignment outside of active army service, oblivious to the fact that she has to baby-sit a man who has no respect for rules or protocol—a man who is headstrong, workaholic and a tenacious
Kindle Edition, Undercover Series Book #1, 200 pages
Published March 11th 2018 by Indie Published

To ask other readers questions about The Bodyguard, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Bodyguard

Start your review of The Bodyguard (Undercover #1)
Anne Boleyn's Ghost
3.5. stars rounded up because the HEROINE is the HERO's bodyguard. As it should be.

Esha, an ex-Army officer, helps thwart an assassination attempt against Vikram, a dashing business tycoon. His security team ups his protection and recruits the reluctant Esha to masquerade as his personal assistant while she is, in fact, acting as his bodyguard.

The Bodyguard is billed as a romantic suspense, and the suspense is the more prominent element. There is an attraction, and there is tension, and Esha and
Pavethra
Aug 04, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Interesting read

Well written book. Good storyline and end. Fleshed out characters. Worth the 2 hrs of read time needed. Interesting book.
Nilima
Nov 11, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Book Review: The Bodyguard by Ruchi Singh

One of the latest book by Ruchi Singh: The Bodyguard. I loved the cover. The On-alert lithe Woman Bodyguard and a brash, I-dont-care attitude multimillionaire. The blurb will make you start solving the mystery from various angels.

Pulsating, adrenaline rush and constant mystery. Not a single dull moment in this 250+ page novel. A long novel I have read after ages I feel.

The pace of the story is fast and consistent. You cant put down the book easily.

The lan
Rubesh Gain
May 01, 2019 rated it really liked it
Met my expectation well but killing of Negi and Daiji could have been more dramatic and reasonable. Thank you Ruchi Singh for such a wonderful story. :-)
Sundari Venkatraman
Apr 12, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Just loved the book. It has a perfect combination of romance and suspense. Vikramaditya is a gorgeous hero while Esha makes him a perfect partner. The mystery has been woven superbly well into the story and makes the book unputdownable. Congratulations Ruchi Singh on your latest venture.
Preethi Venugopala
Mar 12, 2018 rated it it was amazing
An ex-army Major and a suave businessman, Esha and Vikram will win your hearts without much ado. I loved how Ruchi has portrayed the two characters and how the story takes off with a pace that makes you glued to your seat and at times biting off your nails. The romance is swoon-worthy and you root for the characters hoping for a happily ever after. But is that easy?
Read this page-turner to find out more.
A.
Jul 21, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Wow!!! Splendid!!! Mind Blowing!!! Unputdownable!!!

Since I had read ‘Jugnu’, author Ruchi’s debut novel, which was an out and out romantic story with a little bit of suspense. I was expecting The Bodyguard to be on similar lines. But I was really astonished.

The Bodyguard is one masterpiece which one must definitely read. It’s a fast-paced, flawless storyline, well-etched characters, full-fledged action and suspense with romance and a little dose of comedy makes this book an awesome read. Impress
Geeta Nair
Sep 03, 2018 rated it really liked it
A tale of suspense with a twinge of romance, ‘The Bodyguard’ is an example of fine writing, one that has the ability to not only keep the reader hooked but also get involved in trying to sort a mystery, an identity. Cleverly crafted, this is one book you may want to read again after a few days.

Fast paced, the book makes you fall in love with the character of the bodyguard Major Esha Singh a woman of grit and determination who though a lonely soul herself tries to resist the charm of her boss a t
Jennifer Thompson
Mar 16, 2018 rated it it was amazing
The Bodyguard by Ruchi Singh is a hell of an entertainer! Once I started reading it, simply couldn't put it down till the very end and am still yearning for more, such is the characterization, suspense and the story telling!

The three main protagonists are all marvelously fleshed out. Major Esha is a no-nonsense fiesty lady who has quit the commando unit of the army to take up a job in the private sector. Seth Jr. is the scion of a big business house. He is flirtatious yet extremely hardworking.
Anupriya
Aug 02, 2018 rated it really liked it
Nail Biting - Keeps you on your toes

I loved the amount of research the author has put in regarding the security protocols for the rich and important and the profession itself. The plot does not lose focus anywhere and kept me glued to what would come next. But Nikhil's character was the one caught my fancy the most. Loved him so much and cried over his end.
Shantala  (Shanaya Tales)
I have read everything by this author - and I mean everything - from her full length romance novels to her short story collections, to her contributions in anthologies, and she hasn't disappointed me once. From well fleshed out characters to an interesting, well thought-out plot to an engaging narrative voice - her stories and books have it all.

So of-course when she ventured into the genre of romantic suspense, I was interested in checking out her newest offering. And like I expected, The Bodyg
Arti
Sep 05, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I loved the plot and the way the author has blended suspense and romance together. Both the elements are well balanced and the story just flows. The characters including secondary characters are well etched. The descriptions of the scenes are detailed. I loved the relationship between Nikhil and Vikram and that between Esha and Nikhil, I loved the way he calls her Xena.

The date, time and place of the scenes are mentioned at the beginning of the chapter and the reader keeps getting more and more
Preeti
Sep 16, 2018 rated it really liked it
I went into the book with an open mind as after reading the blurb I had a strong inkling of how the story will progress. Although the storyline was quite predictable the treatment of the story was not. Read in my review further...

PROS:
Gripping Suspense:
I liked how the story started. It was gripping and full of thrill. The actions the characters get involved in immediately after the story starts, made the reader within me curious. The anticipation all around in the first page motivated me to flip
Nikita (Njkinny's Blog)
Rating: 4.5/5

I love Ruchi Singh's books and she has truly grown as a writer. I absolutely adored her previous romance, Jugnu that became one of my favourite books of all time with its spellbinding world building and a memorable love story that though a little predictable was narrated so flawlessly that everytime I re-read it, the tightness, the angst of forbidden love and the yearning to have it all is still the same.

With The Bodyguard, Ruchi Singh has gon
Anugya Sinha
Aug 08, 2018 rated it really liked it
Modern-Day Fairy Tale

The Bodyguard is a modern-day fairy tale which has a good blend of suspense and romance. The plot though not very unusual is that of a rich and handsome guy falling for a not-so-rich and strong girl. What adds to this simple plot is the suspense that starts building right from the beginning.
Former army personnel Esha Sinha is appointed as bodyguard to the millionaire Vikramaditya Seth Jr. They are both young and attracted to each other so no brownies for guessing the sizzli
Lydia
Feb 12, 2019 rated it it was amazing
ACTION! SUSPENSE! ROMANCE! From the moment you start reading this novel, it is hard to put down. Set in India, the author offers picturesque descriptions of Mumbai. Esha Sinha is a female bodyguard dedicated to her role as a loyal protector. She never expected to fall in love with her assignment. Full of danger and heart-pounding action this book is a must read!
Reet Singh
Mar 15, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Enjoyed it thoroughly - didn't want to put it down, but had to because sleep beckoned; picked it up again in the morning and finished it just now.

The Major is tough as bullets - loved her.

The suspense is well built into the story and the plot is plausible - I am impressed with the way Ruchi Singh has handled the genre. I think she may have found her niche!
Sudesna Ghosh
Mar 21, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Full of suspense and never a dull moment! A must read for romance readers.
Angela Peixoto
Mar 23, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Once again Ruchi Singh has not disappointed. A very enjoyable book with a great mixture of romance and suspense which made it very hard to put down. A definite must read.
P.G. Van
Apr 14, 2018 rated it really liked it
Loved it!

Enjoyed every bit of the story. The build up was good and I loved the way things build up between the leads.
Auraofthoughts MeenalSonal
Dec 08, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I would say the author has done a great job crafting this 'Romantic Thriller', a story which progresses keeping the secret well guarded and maintaining the curiosity till the end. It is for all those book lovers out there who wants to taste the story with a jibe
of romance and suspense.
I have read Ruchi Singh's book for the first time and I am truly impressed with her writing skills, expressions and framing of the story line.
One after the other each character is introduced with apt choice of wor
Ruchira Khanna
Jul 19, 2018 rated it really liked it
A desi james bond

The storyline is gripping and got enchanted by Esha the bodyguard. The plot has it all...mystery, romance and drama!
Harini
Jan 06, 2019 rated it really liked it
A great read!
Oriona
Jan 22, 2019 rated it it was amazing
An excellent effort by the author! Ooh...I loved reading it!
A nice mix of romance and mystery.
The characters are well-etched out and the story goes at a good pace. The language is smooth and keeps you engaged with the twists and turns.

A great read that is well recommended.

Saiswaroopa
Jul 17, 2018 rated it really liked it
A pacy read with no dull moment. The strong female lead shines through as the sassy male lead.
Sunita Saldhana
Aug 28, 2018 rated it liked it
Esha Sinha has been hired as a bodyguard to Vikramaditya Seth Jr. When I read this, I was intrigued. I looked forward to a book where the roles were reversed and a woman had a strong role. I must say I was disappointed. Instead of finding a strong, capable woman, I found a bungler, someone who doesn’t pay attention to where she is going and who doesn’t really do anything to protect the man she is hired to protect.
I was disappointed, all the more because I have read Ruchi Singh’s “Jugnu” and lov
Kavitha Aravin
Jul 24, 2018 rated it really liked it
Good

Very good, she kept up the suspense very well. Loved the way she potrayed Major Esha character. Enjoyed reading it
Charanya
Apr 01, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: kindle-unlimited
3.5 stars! I will start off this review with my general apprehension about Indian authors having been burnt by a few before. So I started this book with some trepidation. The initial couple of chapters were a bit uneven. You had a typecast villanous character PoV and you had a meet-cute between the two main characters which had me cringe a bit because of the repetition; but after these initial missteps it became better. After the attempt at murder of Vikramaditya Seth Jr. the book picked up pace ...more
Kavita
Mar 12, 2018 rated it really liked it
I have read all the previous books by this author and have enjoyed them. I also knew at the back of my mind that it's going to be much more than a simple romance story and so with that expectation of getting to read that little bit more than just a romance I picked this one.
I am so glad I did it. It has all the factors I like, a thriller alongside a romance, well balanced one that too.
A kickass female protagonist with the right kind of a background for the job that she is recruited for.
A very
Meenal Vardan
Apr 10, 2018 rated it it was amazing
2 guys , 1 girl and a killer. Motivate unknown

Ones I picked up this book, it was hard for me to put it down. With 2 hyper attractive toddlers I read this book in 2 sittings. The book is about friendship, gratitude, love and revenge. How ones blind love for someone destroyed her life
Spoilers

It full of suspense. Two very good looking guys and one kind of tomboish girl who hates to wear makeup and dress fancy. Both men flirts
With her, who is she going to fall far? Than all the threats on seth jr.

• The Captive
  • Killer Moves
  • His Sunshine Girl (Sreepuram Series Book 2)
  • Pretend To Be Mine: A Marriage Contract Romance
  • Accidental Husband: A Passionate Love Story
  • Tied in Knots (The Thakore Royals, #2)
  • Ruthless (The Revenge Games #2)
  • The Evil Twin?
  • The Devil’s Kiss: A Dark Romance
  • Falling For Him (A Celebrity Romance)
  • LET'S START WITH FOREVER (SEHGAL FAMILY AND FRIENDS SAGA)
  • The Princess and the Superstar
  • The Arrangement: A Passionate Romance
  • Until Forever: A Passionate Romance
  • A Marriage Knot: a tangled love story
  • Mission Superstar: A Bollywood Star Romance
  • Without You (Sreepuram Series Book 1)
  • Dance With Me: A Passionate Romance
Author of the bestselling romantic thriller ‘The Bodyguard’, Ruchi Singh is an IT professional and novelist writing stories under Romance and Suspense genre. She is a bilingual author and writes in both Hindi and English. Her other notable published novels are ‘Jugnu (Firefly)’ and ‘Guardian Angel’.

Winner of the Times Of India WriteIndia Season 1, she began her writing career writing short stories

Undercover (2 books)
  • Guardian Angel (Undercover #2)