Start by marking “Once Upon a Western Shore (Tyack & Frayne #9)” as Want to Read:
Once Upon a Western Shore (Tyack & Frayne #9)

Once Upon a Western Shore

(Tyack & Frayne #9)

It’s May Eve, and for once the body discovered in a meadow isn’t Gideon’s concern. The remains are decades old, and Gid and Lee are free to enjoy a proper Cornish Beltane, with maypoles, mirth, and a wild, sexy dash into the greenwood.

When trouble flares, it’s from an unexpected source: Tamsyn, after a quiet few months, suddenly manifests terrifying new paranormal powers.
Published April 30th 2018 by FoxTales Publications

Barbara➰
I have loved this series so much. The writing has a lyrical quality to it. That and the setting give off an Old World vibe to the books that sometimes you wonder is this historical or present day setting. All this just adds to the mystery and creepy factor these books have.

In this one, Tamsyn is really showing her true powers. There's a dead body in a field with a mysterious history and it involves a missing old lady of Dark. Not to mention Gideon is showing his true "beastly" nature. Lots goin
♣ Irish Smurfétté ♣
I am in love as much as I've ever been with Gid, Lee, Tamsyn, the village of Dark, and every magical, inexplicable, frightening, and giggle-snorting thing that makes this Cornish universe my literary kryptonite.

Wee 3-year old Tamsyn is as front and center a character as she's ever been, as well: her powers are the catalyst for the mystery, the continued progress in the relationship of Lee n Gid's, and the further expansion of the supernatural goings on in Dark and what they all mean for her fam
Lisa The Novel Approach
Tamsyn Tyack-Frayne has powers that no one but the mysterious Granny Ragwen seems to comprehend. Tamsyn is related to her daddy Lee by blood—his sister, Elowen, is her birth mother—so the fact there’s something special about the little girl is seemingly just part and parcel to the Tyack lineage. And she couldn’t have two better parents—because Gideon is something other, too, and Lee is the only one who can tame his beast. There are those in the village who have witnessed odd and inexplicable occ ...more
Ulysses Dietz
May 24, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Once Upon a Western Shore (Tyack and Frayne #9)
By Harper Fox
FoxTales, 2018
Five stars

Curiouser and curiouser. A body found in an old grave on an isolated farm; a bizarre traffic accident that is no accident, and witnessed by many. These two unrelated incidents are only linked by the people to whom they matter, and once again Harper Fox draws us into the increasingly paranormal intimacy that is the Tyack-Frayne family of Dark, Cornwall.

Everybody knows that Lee Tyack is psychic; after all, he has h
Arch Bala
This is another wonderful addition to the series! My favorite family! One of my favorite couples of all time! I just loved the whole thing about Tamsyn’s growing powers. She really is becoming what she’s supposed to be – the witch of Bodmin! I loved that we get to see Gideon and Lee’s domesticity here towards each other and towards their little girl. The whole plot feels like an ordinary day for this extraordinary family but it gets to you. The writing, the characters’ dynamics and the future of ...more
Chris
May 01, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: lgbtq, paranormal
I love this series - Gideon & Lee never fail to make me smile. Their love is beautiful and their love for Tamsyn is even more sweet.. super protective dads ! It’s going to be great to watch this family grow and develop their various skills. Hope the next book is sooner rather than later !!
Relly
Jun 17, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: b-2018-read, 4-stars
Great addition to the series

4 🌟

Great addition to the series, I love these two and I love that while there is occasionally drama within their relationship they talk things through quickly so it doesn’t fester and become so much bigger. I love seeing the community stick together and protect one of their own.
This series is an auto buy for me and every time I finish one I want to go back to the beginning and start again
Brew
May 16, 2018 rated it really liked it
Bev
4.5 stars from me. A great addition to the series...yes, there were a few tears at times and quite a few laughs too. Gideon, the Beast of Bodmin and Zeke discover their father was not a nice man. Isolde has developed a nasty habit 😉, as well as having a little flirtation with a Saluki. Tamsyn's powers are progressing at a fantastic rate. An unwelcome visitor turns up at Chy Lowen...make that several unwelcome visitors actually, and shock, horror DI Lawrence is quite the hypocrite!!

Lee solves a
Hannah
May 09, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Another great story told

Don't see how Harper Fox does it but I'm enthralled and captivated with each book release. Graphic detail, excellent world building, well developed characters..this author is awesome. Highly recommended.
Wende
Apr 30, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Such a great little book!

This couple has been through so much and finally they have their beautiful home and little daughter. There is a Ill wind blowing in for the future but first they need to solve this mystery. Of course they do and it was done wonderfully. Harper Fox has weaved a tale with so many threads that lead to future books and I will follow each and everyone this author puts to print.
Daniela Green
May 11, 2018 rated it it was ok
It's difficult for me to rate this book
Was it intriguing? Yes, it was an improvement, compared to the latest books in this series (the last one I really enjoyed was Kitto)
Was it well written? Yes, as usual.
So, why only 2 stars?
Because I can't ignore the fact that in this book there's a sort of justification for a human sacrifice.
Through Lee's words, there's some blabbering about the Earth needing a sacrifice and whatever.
No sorry, I can't deal with this kind of stuff. Not in 2018.
Love Bytes Reviews
May 12, 2018 rated it liked it
Reviewed by Tori (Vicki)

Back to Cornwall we go for another adventure with the Tyack-Frayne family! This time it starts with a Beltane celebration and some wild forest sex for Gideon and Lee, but of course it has to be interrupted by a phone call. Which sends Gideon off on a drive to a nearby village to see about a dead man. A long gone dead man in this case. Eventually Lee is pulled in as well, and there is a very sad look at the history of a lonely man. I was brought to tears by it, but it was
Heather
Jun 21, 2018 rated it it was amazing
It's May Eve and Gideon and Lee are enjoying some quiet family time with their daughter, Tamsyn. A century old body is discovered but even that is nothing to concern the boys. Tamsyn's powers can't be kept hidden forever and when Gideon's cold case can only be solved with Lee's abilities, suddenly their Beltane is no longer quiet. Will Lee be able to reach into the past to solve Gideon's case and will Gideon be able to pull Lee back?

When I saw that there was a new Tyack & Frayne story I was
Donna
May 22, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Tamsyn steals the show... again! *grin*

Quirky as ever, and loving, and kind, Lee and Gideon always seem to find their way through whatever mess the "land" seems to throw at them, even when they come in from different fronts! Life is NEVER easy in Dark, but... easy is highly over-rated! *snort* LOL!!!

Zeke is making progress by leaps and bounds with the whole "being compassionate in his work" thing, but I would have liked to have had a scene with the twins in it... just sayin'! ;D

D I Lawrence gave
Suze
Aug 11, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Another good story about favourite paranormal duo, Lee and Gideon Tyack-Frayne.
A 60 yr old body is found in a shallow grave and at first it is only a passing case for Gideon. But ultimately Lee’s talents allow the mans tale to be told - forbidden love, a broke heart, literal as well as metaphorical and an odd ritual.
Throughout this story, Lee and Gideon also discover how Tamsyn’s powers are manifesting.
Gently intertwining the stories but with an element of potential disquiet as children’s power
K
May 12, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: uk-authors, read-2018
It's Beltane in Dark and a old skeleton is found at the foot of one of the nearby standing stones. Not so much a police I investigation as Lee reveals the name of the victim and the locals name the cover as responsible for his death some 60 years before.

What unwinds is the sad story of a dying man whose last day sees him as the May King and whose death is given freely as a sacrifice to the land.

Gideon and Lee are also worried about Tamsyn, whose powers are growing and decisions need to be taken
TS
Aug 17, 2018 rated it liked it
Shelves: m-m-paranormal
This series was amazing. Next time I go on holiday it will be to Cornwall. I liked this last book less than the other ones, only because it is starting to feel like a conspiracy series. I mean, getting into the 'government's out to get me' storyline was just too much for me. I will definitely be visiting Cornwall soon though. I loved all the mythology and the traditional rituals described in this book.
Lee and Gideon's story made me happy and incredibly sad at the same time. They are so perfect
Deeze
Jun 20, 2018 rated it really liked it
I had a much harder time getting into this one.

While I love the idea of Gideon being the Guardian of dark, I do not like the way he is also the beast.

I thought I didn't like the way Tamsie was developing but by the end I changed my mind and am looking forward to seeing her develop more.

I know I did not like the whole school idea of gifted children. I prefer the spooky stuff to be limited to the Tyack & Frayne families.

I did love the whole mystery with Clem, that had me in tears.

So overall no
Susan
May 04, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: glbtq, paranormal
Another strong entry in this wonderful series. Less trippy than its predecessor, also less overtly political. The book's "mystery" is basically solved single-handedly by Lee's psychic abilities, but it's more satisfying to see his marriage with Gideon continue to evolve, and revisit old friends including Zeke, Sarah, DI Lawrence (who has a surprising revelation), Isolde the wonder dog, and of course Tamsyn. I wonder how long Fox plans to continue this series but I hope we'll see Tamsyn as a teen ...more
Fritz42
Man, this series just grabs a hold of you and takes you for a ride. Lee, Gideon, and Tamsyn are all changing and evolving into the roles that seemed to be ordained for them. Tamsyn's power hasn't abated and is getting harder to keep hidden. Thankfully the townsfolk of Dark love her and her dads and are trying to do their parts. Thank goodness both of them have strengths to protect her. But a new, powerful, and earthly threat was revealed in this book, and I can't help but worry about what it mea ...more
Claudia
Ah, this is such a lovely story! While Tamsyn powers growing, and there is a background fear about what they are going to do Gideon and Lee are also trying to understand the meaning of that old body found at an isolated farm and how pagans rituals and ancient magic related to it.

I love Clem's story, and old Pascoe man part on it. I love DI Laurence honesty and Zeke's newly found self-awareness. I love how Dark protects their own.

And I'm dying to know what will come next. Argh! When will the next
Bea
Mar 07, 2019 rated it liked it
No sé por qué, pero no me ha enganchado como otros, me ha resultado un poco soso porque no tiene mucha historia, y la poca que tiene la deja a medias, preparado para el siguiente, supongo.
Lo cierto es que cada libro me cuesta más seguirlo. No sé si es que no recuerdo bien los primeros, pero juraría que el lenguaje era más sencillo, no había tantos nombres raros y no me costaba tanto seguirlo. Si además no hay una historia fuerte detrás...
Lindsay
Jul 17, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Dark and heart pounding!

Lee and Gid are still caring for their little witch daughter and a show of he strength coincides with a body found in a field long since dead and buried.
Secrets unearthed and bonds of love tested as they both navigate their daughter and Lee's visions.
A wonderful story I love this series so much!
Pjm12
Not sure why it took me so long to pick this one up. As soon as I join Lee and Gid, I feel like I am joining their family, their community, their life.

I loved how this one stayed so close to home. Yes, there's a mystery to solve, but more importantly there's the question to Tamsyn to resolve.

Lovely lovely writing.
Lauren
Aug 30, 2018 rated it really liked it

This was a much better update to the series than the last installment, and I really enjoyed it. Interesting plot, lovely new characters, and of course, still one of the best relationships in this genre. I want more, because I'm greedy.
Elle
May 02, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Beautifully written story.

Once again, a beautifully written instalment of the Tyack and Frayne series. I love the magic of these books, written in Harper Fox's inimitable style. The lady is such a talented writer. Already looking forward to the next book.
Vendela
May 15, 2018 rated it really liked it
This series continues to be lovely and warm and surprising.
Yi1ian
Sep 16, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Really good story. I love how Dark protects its own.

Can’t wait for the next one.
Wangari
May 19, 2018 rated it really liked it
I am not a fan of the murder mysteries that constitute a big part of these books but by god I love Gideon & Lee soooo much that I will read anything to spend more time with them.
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 next »
The Backlot Gay B...: Once Upon a Western Shore by Harper Fox 1 10 May 24, 2018 12:20PM
  • Balefire (Whyborne & Griffin, #10)
  • Blow Down (The Plumber's Mate, #4)
  • Spook Squad (PsyCop, #7)
  • Stones in the Road (Sugar Tree #2)
  • Tracefinder: Contact (Tracefinder, #1)
  • My Life is not a Horror Movie, Derek (I Know Where Babies Come From, Derek, #2)
  • Winter Winds
  • Dead in the Desert (L.A. Paranormal, #3)
  • Jackdaw (The World of A Charm of Magpies)
  • The Painted Crown (Unbreakable Soldiers #2)
  • Eye of the Storm (Lords of Arcadia, #2)
  • P.S. I Spook You
Harper Fox is an M/M author with a mission. She’s produced six critically acclaimed novels in a year and is trying to dispel rumours that she has a clone/twin sister locked away in a study in her basement. In fact she simply continues working on what she loves best– creating worlds and stories for the huge cast of lovely gay men queuing up inside her head. She lives in rural Northumberland in nort ...more

Tyack & Frayne (9 books)
  • Once Upon A Haunted Moor (Tyack & Frayne, #1)
  • Tinsel Fish (Tyack & Frayne, #2)
  • Don't Let Go (Tyack & Frayne, #3)
  • Kitto (Tyack & Frayne, #4)
  • Guardians Of The Haunted Moor (Tyack & Frayne, #5)
  • Third Solstice (Tyack & Frayne, #6)
  • Preacher, Prophet, Beast (Tyack & Frayne #7)
  • Underhill: A Halloween Story (Tyack & Frayne #8)