Start by marking “Cyclone (Linear Tactical, #1)” as Want to Read:
Cyclone (Linear Tactical, #1)

Cyclone

(Linear Tactical #1)

4.56  ·  Rating details ·  43 Ratings  ·  35 Reviews
He’d protect her from any threat…
But what if the biggest threat is him?

Doctor Anne Nichols is back in Oak Creek, Wyoming, only because she has no other options. Here, she was always the shy, stuttering girl, invisible to everyone.

Except Zac Mackay. The very reason she left in the first place.

Zac’s years in Special Forces taught him survival skills, and he’s created a
Expected publication: September 25th 2018 by Calamity Jane Publishing

To ask other readers questions about Cyclone, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Cyclone

Dísir
Reading ‘Cyclone’, or rather, getting into the first book of Linear Tactical, is strangely akin to seeing Janie Crouch freed of her writing restraints, and there’s no blunter way of putting it especially when it showcases the writing in fine form. ‘Cyclone’ is a full-length, more colourful, more explicit (hooray) story and simply a lot more compelling than the ‘tamer’ novellas Crouch has done for the Harlequin Intrigue/Suspense imprint in contrast, and begins with a huge misunderstanding and a p ...more
Dana
Sep 08, 2018 rated it really liked it
I was on the fence on my rating. I was Between 3.5 and 4 stars...let me explain why...

I’ll start with I love military romances. Cyclone was my first read from Ms. Crouch. Okay, here we go:

I loved the characters: Annie, Zac and all the supporting characters. I could relate to Annie on a few levels. I was unsure about Zac and how he had treated Annie in the past and the present (he did redeem himself).

The storyline was good, there were times that it seemed a little drawn out but then the pace wou
A Book Lover's Emporium Book Blog
I am a fan of military romances, especially those with elements of mystery and action, which Cyclone has. This book also has a feeling of brotherhood between the lead and secondary characters which I found enjoyable.

Anne is shy and tries to be invisible much of the time. She is a competent ER doctor, but is anxious in social situations. Usually I prefer characters with a bit more sass, however, I enjoyed Anne's progression from meek and mild to a still reserved but stronger woman.

The action an
Susan
Terrific start to the new series, and one that had me hooked from the opening pages. The mix of sometimes heartbreaking emotion and pulse-pounding suspense had me glued to the pages well past my bedtime. I loved both Zac and Annie, who had realistic flaws and strengths, making them both easy to like and relate to. Zac, Annie, and Zac's late wife, Becky, had all been friends during high school. Zac married Becky, and never knew that Annie had a huge crush on him. Two weeks after Becky's death, bo ...more
Julie
Sep 03, 2018 rated it really liked it
I really liked Annie. She was reserved, smart and very resilient. As an ER physician she was trained to respond to stressful situations, but I think what helped her deal was her pitiful childhood. Her ability to bounce back from difficult situations showed her determination and strength in an admirable way. I also liked how she didn’t hesitate to decline a helping hand when she needed it most.

Zac was a tough guy, but he didn’t swagger with attitude. He was respectful, aware of his strengths and
A.BookNerd.Bookseller&Bibliophile.Blog

Mona
Sep 10, 2018 rated it really liked it
Cyclone Book 1 in the Linear Series-This book is about love, loss, second chances, courage and so much more.

Zac could not believe he’d ever see Annie again. Now running into her in the ER waiting for her to check him out was just his luck. Well maybe not. When he saw something in Annie’s eyes unease, or fear. They had a history. He, and his wife Becky were good friends. He hasn’t seen her for six years. He also made a poor judgment one night with her after his wife was killed. He didn’t remembe
djc-
Sep 11, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Zac left special forces and started a protection company with some of his Army buddies. Anne is an ER doctor who comes back to her home town. They have a real complicated history and have to work really hard to overcome their issues. I loved how Zac knew he wanted to be with Anne and would not let her turn him away.

This is a page turner that you just can't stop reading; it is that good. The story has suspense, action, romance and when you add in the psychopath who is hurting women you get the m
Sharon Caldwell
Sep 06, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Janie Crouch has another winner, she knows how to get everyones attention with her writing. I actually thought I had figured out who the bad guy was till it was finally revealed. It was a complete surprise. Zac and Annie are perfect together. I actually choked up towards the end but was able to finish the book without crying. I couldn't put it down.I read the book in 4 hours only stopping to get bathroom breaks. I can't wait to read the other Linear Tactical books.
Marci Mathers
Sep 03, 2018 rated it it was amazing
They had one drunken night together six years ago. A night he can't remember. A night she can't forget. A night that nearly destroyed her and compelled her to flee the state.

But she's back. Shy, quiet, invisible Anne has returned as the town's new ER doctor. And no one remembers her. Except for Zac. If he could only remember what he did to put the fear in her beautiful brown eyes. What did he do? And how can he atone?

In the first book of a new series, Janie Crouch pulls out all the stops. This
♥ WishfulMiss ♥
Although the suspense, pacing, characters and writing were really well done, my low rating was for the second chance romance between the two MCs of the story. I just wasn’t able to ever really buy into their love story. It had too many of my pet peeves and the type of trope used is my least favorite which made it hard for me to warm up to the romance.

Sorry for the rant-y review (-_-)

Why this didn’t work for me: (view spoiler)
Bookgasms Book Blog
Sep 06, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: shelly
Between the way this book tugged at my heart, and the way it made my pulse pound with anticipation – it’s a wonder I’m not walking away from this fantastic read with actual bruises!

I was hooked immediately by the beginning of this book, and the set-up/backstory between Zac and Anne. They started battering my heart from nearly the minute I met them and my heart just kept showing up for more. The writing was so engaging and easy to read, I had no trouble connecting with the story right off the ba
Denise H
Sep 10, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Cyclone is the first book in a new series by Crouch and it is fantastic! It has everything you would look for in a romantic suspense. It is the perfect kind of book to find a quiet corner and dive in and get to know the Linear Tactical team in Zach and Annie’s story. The plot is suspenseful and pulls you in, the storyline engaging and full of witty banter and laughs, and the characters are extremely likeable and easy to relate to.

I loved Annie and Zac’s characters, as well as the rest of the cr
Yvonne
Sep 11, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I was given the opportunity to read Cyclone (Linear Tactical) the first book in the series.
This prolific writer has the ability to weave her stories that can hit close to home.
The camaraderie between her characters, who are friends/family, is interwoven throughout all her stories.
Sometimes the friendship bond between her characters are at one point heart breaking and heart wrenching being tested through circumstances/tragedy.
In this book, I loved the repartee between the "brothers".
There are sev
Kari
Sep 07, 2018 rated it it was amazing
My goodness I loved Zac and Anne. Their romance pulls at your heart as they navigate a shared past that profoundly changed each of them. Together they work to build a beautiful second chance romance based on forgivness, acceptance, trust and love. On a more somber note, the book deals with the very serious topic of sexual assault. I thought the author treated the subject matter with respect and that she deftly used the material to further develop her characters. There was a constant rise in tens ...more
Donna
Sep 07, 2018 rated it it was amazing
What a great book! It is about some ex-green Berets who form a company that teaches fighting tactics, weapons training, self-defense, and more. Zac Mackay is the head of the company and is nicknamed "Cyclone" because of his ability to stay calm even if events are as overwhelming as a cyclone. He knows Anne, an ER doctor in their small town who he, unfortunately, had drunken sex with just two weeks after his wife and son were killed in a drunk driving incident six years before. He still feels gui ...more
Yvonne
Sep 07, 2018 rated it it was amazing

I’ve come to love this author’s books , and thought the last one was her very best (Lawman’s Protection). Little did I know I was wrong. This new series starts with a book that deserves 5+ stars.
Linear Tactical is a company made up of brothers in arms with the goal of teaching survival skills not only to police officers, but also everyday people, etc.
This story centers around Zac/Cyclone and Dr Anne Nichols Griffin. She was his girlfriend’s later wife’s best friend. She was the shy, brilliant gi
Dawn Herring
Sep 09, 2018 rated it liked it
This is the first book I've read by this author, and I enjoyed her writing style. This book is the first in what promises to be an interesting series. I struggled with loving this particular story, however, for a couple of reasons. First, I really like a strong heroine, and Annie was too much of a doormat; I was, however, glad to see her progression into a stronger character throughout. That was a real plus, but she drove me nuts at first. A bigger thing for me, though, was that I don't care for ...more
Trude
Sep 06, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I loved this book...it's an easy 5 star review! Cyclone is the first of Janie Crouch's new Linear Tactical series and if it's any indication of the rest of the books in the series....grab your hat and get ready for the ride!
Anne is an ER doctor who's returned to her home town, but she's shy and socially awkward. Zach is one of the founders of Linear Tactical whose wife and son were killed in a tragic accident 6 years ago. 6 years ago Zac hurt Anne deeply and she left town. But now she's back and
Thuy (tweezyreads)
Sep 11, 2018 rated it really liked it
Anne is an ER doctor, quiet, reserved, always in the shadows, she had a stutter growing up, and the past few years, she's grown up and improved herself the best she can to a better Anne. But things happen, and she is headed back home.

Anne is back in town after being away for few years. She was scared away by none other than her crush Zac, although he has no recollection of it. Zac doesn't really want to see her, but although, he gets the sense of her being scared of him and he doesn't like it. H
Tracy Quoka
Sep 17, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I recieved this book as an ARC for a voluntary review. This is the first book in a new series for Ms. Crouch, which I've read and enjoyed some of her other books. This one did not disappoint. It was fast paced, and kept you wondering what may happen next. Zac and Anne have a past, in a few ways. She was the best friend of his late wife, who was his high school sweet heart. They share a little bit of a history after the funeral, which altered the course of Anne's life. She'll tell you it was what ...more
Melissa
Sep 16, 2018 rated it it was amazing

This is Book #1 in the Linear Tactical series. The mystery behind who done it was done great. Kept me guessing through the entire book. Anne always wanted to be invisible. She shuttered growing up. Lost her best friend, Becky. Now starting over in the town she grew up. Zac lost his wife, Becky, and son. He hasn’t left anyone be close to him. To have suffered a loss like that, how does he get over that? Anne and Zac has history. Will that stop them from being together? Moving forward?

First read
Carrie
Sep 12, 2018 rated it it was amazing
As a subscriber of the author’s newsletter, I had read the first 3 chapters of Cyclone and couldn’t wait to get my hands on the rest of the story. Once I did, I sat down and devoured it in one sitting. It was so worth the wait!
I loved that the heroine, Anne, was shy and quiet but no less capable. When she had no other choice, she could kick butt like a warrior. She was able to use her unique strengths to save herself.
Zac, the hero, had messed up with Anne in the past but he was determined to ma
Tanja Kezmic
Sep 14, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: omgreads
Annie; shy, smart, trying so hard not to be seen. My heart was breaking when I read what had happened to her that drown her out of town and as far away from Zac as humanly possible. And I was so happy when she finally decided that she needs closure and to give a chance to chemistry that was still just as strong as it was 6 years before.

Zac; I loved him for wanting to repair the damaged his drunken state had done 6 years before. I loved it when he said that he wanted nothing more but to let the
Chrissy
Sep 06, 2018 rated it really liked it
This is the great start of a new series. But it is a standalone romance.

Anna and Zac have a history good and bad. They have known each other for a long time. Zac knows he hurt Anne, and he is trying to make up for his past mistakes. We also met the rest of the Linear Tactical group. They are a bunch of amazing men. Zac and Anne, also help the Sheriff with a case. There is some action, not as much as you expect but enough to hold your interest. There is allot of romance and a hot protectice male
Patricia
Shelves: books
this is a revitting page turning story. you will not be able to put it down. love Zak and Anne, they have both been trough tough times but are drawn to each other. she is a doctor and he is a tactical person with a group of his buddies, they teach how to protect your self and others. they also help police and other groups, someone is after the doctor, if you have read any of her other books you will enjoy this one love it looking forward to the next book. if you like suspense and romance you hav ...more
Lynn Quinlan
Sep 10, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This story revolves around two people, who between them, are suffering guilt, anger, low self esteem and unrequited love.
They have to work through all these emotions to reach their HEA.
The author also throws in a serial killer to add to the story !

These new characters are all interesting and lovable and I look forward to reading each of their stories.

This is a great read, well written and insightful. A great new series from Janie Crouch.
Mary
Sep 15, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I loved this book. Once I started it I couldn’t put it down. Zac & Anne's story pulled at my heartstrings & I really felt for Anne when she realised that Zac didn’t remember “the incident “. When Zac does remember “the incident” i loved how Zac knew he wanted to be with Anne and would not let Anne turn him away.

The story also deals with the issue of rape which I felt that Janie dealt with sensitivity and it was very real.

I cannot wait for the rest of this series.
Emily Dickson
Sep 12, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This was a fantastic read! Dr. Anne was a wonderful character who was quiet and kept to the background. Zak was also a great character. The two had a past that interesting and fun to see how they worked that out. Zak and his friends are all ex special forces and have their own business in teaching what they know. Add in a rapist and lots of action the pages flew. Lots of great chemistry and some sexy time. Secondary characters were also likeable and well developed. Loved it!!
Lisa Seely
Sep 09, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Really enjoyed this first book in Janie’s new series. Such an emotional roller coaster. Zac surviving the death of his wife and child. Anne surviving upbringing, surviving her attacks, showing how strong she has become. Plenty of romance, suspense, and hot alpha males. Really looking forward to more in this series. I read this book in one sitting. I could not put it down or walk away from it.

"Passion that leaps right off the page." - Romantic Times Book Reviews

USA TODAY bestselling author Janie Crouch writes what she loves to read: passionate romantic suspense. She is a winner and/or finalist of multiple romance literary awards including the Golden Quill Award for Best Romantic Suspense, the National Reader’s Choice Award, and the coveted RITA© Award by the Romance Writers of America

Linear Tactical (3 books)
  • Eagle (Linear Tactical #2)
  • Shamrock (Linear Tactical, #3)

Romance Deals

• Party Girl
    $4.49 $1.99
    $6.99 $1.99
  • Paris (International Guy #1)
    $2.99 $0.99
  • Shame on Him (Fool Me Once, #3)
    $4.99 $0.99
  • Out of Breath (Breathing, #3)
    $5.49 $1.99
  • Off Base (Out of Uniform, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Barely Breathing (Breathing, #2)
    $5.49 $1.99
  • Reason to Breathe (Breathing, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Second Chance Summer (Cedar Ridge, #1)
    $5.99 $2.99
  • Married By Morning (The Hathaways, #4)
    $7.99 $2.99
  • Playing It Safe
    $3.99 $0.99
  • Beneath Copper Falls (Rock Harbor #6)
    $8.99 $1.99
  • Tight
    $4.99 $2.49
  • A Year of Weddings: Twelve Love Stories (A Year of Weddings Novella)
    $12.99 $3.99
  • The Curse Keepers (The Curse Keepers #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Feral Sins (The Phoenix Pack, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • How to Tame a Beast in Seven Days (The Embraced #1)
    $7.99 $2.99
  • Shame on You (Fool Me Once, #1)
    $4.99 $0.99
  • Shame on Me (Fool Me Once, #2)
    $4.99 $0.99
  • The Curse Breakers (The Curse Keepers #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Dirty Exes (Liars, Inc., #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Shadow's Edge (Night Prowler, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • First Drop of Crimson (Night Huntress World, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • A Taste of Magic (Magic, # 1)
  • Where the Road Takes Me
    $3.99 $1.99
  • New York (International Guy #2)
    $2.99 $0.99
  • Sin With Me (Bad Habit, #3)
  • The Memory of You
    $8.99 $1.99
  • One Foot in the Grave (Night Huntress, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Wicked Cravings (The Phoenix Pack, #2)
  • Good Guys Love Dogs
    $5.99 $1.99
  • Camino Beach
  • Shadow Woman
    $7.99 $1.99
  • Embrace the Night (Vampire Romance #1)
  • The Shell Seekers
    $9.99 $2.99
  • Wicked White (Wicked White Series Book 1)
  • All the Little Lights
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Carnal Secrets (The Phoenix Pack, #3)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Scream For Me: A Novel of the Night Hunter (For Me, #3)
  • When Life Happened
    $3.99 $1.49
  • Cheater (Curious Liaisons, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Cheater's Regret (Curious Liaisons, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Hunting Grounds (Hidden Sins, #2)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • The Consequence of Revenge (Consequence, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Consequence of Seduction (Consequence #3)
  • The Story of Us
    $3.99 $1.99
  • The Consequence of Loving Colton (Consequence, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • No More Masquerade (Secrets of Stone Series Book 2)
    $6.99 $1.99