Start by marking “Outnumbered” as Want to Read:

Outnumbered

I’m not exactly the social type. After spending most of my formative years in prison, I prefer an isolated existence in the wilderness of Canada’s Northwest Territories, making what little cash I need guiding tourists to the best hunting grounds. I have no desire for company; I crave solitude instead, especially during the subarctic winter months, but what am I supposed to ...more
Published April 10th 2018 by Shay Savage, LLC

To ask other readers questions about Outnumbered, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Outnumbered

Start your review of Outnumbered
Christy
Mar 24, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2018-four-stars
4 stars!

“description"/

Shay Savage did it once again. She wrote a book unlike any book I've ever read before. Outnumbered is completely captivating, original, and a real page turner! Once I started reading, I couldn't put it down. I had to see what was going to happen next.

When I first saw the cover and read the blurb for this story, I was curious to see how this story was going to go. I didn't know what direction Shay would take with it. Time and time again, she surprised me with the direction it took. I
Liz
"You feel safer with a killer."
description

Outnumbered is a fresh contemporary romance with a psychological kick! With a complex plot, action, passion, and suspense, this new stand-alone will test your senses, challenge your mind, and dare to overtake your emotional stability.

description
"What the fuck is going on here?"
Bishop is a man of few words. Living a life of the solitary in his cabin in the woods has given him peace. The demons from his past are constantly looming trying to invade his sense of humanity.
Jen
Wow...wow....WOW!!!! What a book this was!! This one totally captured my attention from the first page to the last! It is such a unique story, that I guarantee you will not find any other even remotely like it!!! It is so hard for me to find a book that gets me excited lately; and especially one that isn't similar in anyway to others...This book did both! It is going down as one of my top best in 2018!! I don't have many at this point...but I can tell you this....I won't EVER forget this one!!

Shay Savage
Mar 11, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)
Hey look! I have a new book! :D

All I really want to tell you is that this may be my most effed up book EVER! You are in for a crazy, suspenseful ride!

Snowbound in the Canadian wilderness, an ex-con loner and a woman with multiple personalities. She has him completely OUTNUMBERED.

Get ready to be OUTNUMBERED on April 10th!
SueBee★bring me an alpha!★

OMG! I HAD MISREAD BLURB AT FIRST! THERE IS A TWIST!
CANNOT WAIT TO READ!

Stand-alone.
Purchase: | AMZ US | AMZ UK |
Blurb:
I’m not exactly the social type. After spending most of my formative years in prison, I prefer an isolated existence in the wilderness of Canada’s Northwest Territories, making what little cash I need guiding tourists to the best hunting grounds. I have no desire for company; I crave solitude instead, especially during the subarctic winter months, but what am I supposed to do
Dilek VT
I had high hopes for this book but sadly, it didn't live up to my expectations.

Something between 2 - 2,5 stars for me, but not 3.

This is a book with a unique plot but the execution of it is very poor.

Once again, I see that a very interesting plot doesn’t make a good book. How it is presented to the reader is what makes it a success or a failure.

If you ask me, this is a book with an interesting plot line told in the most boring and emotionless way possible. And what is worse, it's full of wrong
Snow
OKAY, Shanny and I will give this a go...

Second time is the charm, no? LOL

And it's Shay Savage, the creator of Evan Arden *sigh*,

what else there is to say?

Well, what I have to say after finishing this, is "oh boy, oh boy"

*shakes her head*

This was very much similar to watching a monodrama in theater, or if you have never watched a monodrama in theater, dont fuss, it's also very similar to a 'closed set of one particular scene while it's repeated over and over again'...

So, as much as I loved
Michelle
Apr 08, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 01-signed
Shay fucking Savage.

When life hands you lemons, you move the middle of nowhere, cut off from society and just wait for the crazy to find you. And boy does it.

Bishop has gone off the grid. Living isolated and without much in the way of social skills, he’s living out his life using the only pieces left of it after a tragic start. And although he’s never been the type to play hero, he can’t just leave the peculiar girl to fend for herself.

Enter Siri, oh wait, Iris... or is it Netti?

Outnumbered is
SusanAHhh
“Open up a little, Bishop.”

I appreciate it so when I find a new author whose imagination and writing captivates me as a reader as in the case of this gripping tale set in the wild frozen subarctic tribal lands of Canada.

What I also have come to appreciate more and more is the diverse opinions expressed in the reviews of many of my dear Goodreads friends. Often, I keep them in mind or will read them after I read the book. Taken all together this creates a richer experience for me. If there is an
Heather❀Book and a Blanket❀
So unique! A refreshing storyline that completely messed with my mind and I absolutely LOVED it!

So from the blurb and cover, you probably have some hint as to where this story goes but this review is spoiler free. The location of the story kind of sets the stage for the crazy journey that is this book. Bishop is an ex con who lives in a remote cabin in the woods where the weather on a good day is 20 below zero. He lives with no electricity and gets drinking water from a well. What he does have
Carol
4.5 stars.
My first book by Shay Savage and I have to say that I am seriously impressed.
Great story and perfectly narrated. Psychological drama/romantic suspense.
Fantastic read - Winner winner chicken dinner.
Want to read more by this author and any suggestions appreciated.
Carvanz
It’s best to go into this book with as little knowledge of the storyline as possible. There are definitely twist, although not as many or as astounding as I had hoped. I was still shocked by the ones that were delivered.

Bishop was quite a different kind of hero and this is written entirely in his point of view. I really didn’t feel the absence of Seri’s voice which is unusual when I read a single POV. I enjoyed watching Bishop deal with the changes that were occurring in his life and his cabin
Shabby  -BookBistroBlog
Apr 06, 2018 rated it it was amazing
You can't help who you love !
Ain't that the truth. Could be a woman older than you, who wants to make you feel. Or could be a Damsel in Unknown Distress, who is dumped outside of your cabin, in deep snow. Bishop Harp finds Seri McGuire in a snow bank outside his remote cabin deep in the mountains of Alberta, Canada, and the basic instinct of an Alpha Male to play saviour kicks into gear.

He's actually met her before in Whatì, shopping for his winter supplies. Seri is on the run and destitute,
~ Cariad ~
Mar 12, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Wow!!
Loved, loved, LOVED!!
Gripped me from the first page, to the last.

PRE-REVIEW:
'HOLLLLLLY FUUUUUUCCCKKKKKK!!
The blurb just gave me tingles!!!

I don't know if there are words (or, for that matter gifs!) to convey how excited I am about this one!!
To say I 'love' erotic romances set in a cabin, in the wilderness, with a woman being saved by the solitude craving H...would be the understatement of the century!!

AND it's written by Shay Savage!!

CAN'T WAIT TIL APRIL 10TH!!!
Sissy's Romance Book Review
OUTNUMBERED, Shay Savages is the story of Bishop and Seri.
This was such a different romance than what I normally read which was a nice change.
Bishop is an ex con who has chosen to keep to himself and live with the bare minimum. Where he lives is nothing to reach freezing temperatures at any given time. So when he happens upon a women he is torn to break his isolation but doesn't want to leave the women to die.
So he brings her home with him and learns her name is Seri. Bishop doesn't talk much
Jacqueline's Reads
Apr 22, 2018 rated it liked it
3 Stars

Based on the blurb it’s pretty obvious what’s the deal with the Heroine of the story. I didn’t know this because I didn’t read the blurb prior to reading, but you figure it out quickly. The author gives enough clues for you to pick up on.

My only problem, it took way to long for the Hero to figure it out. The beginning started out okay. We realize the Hero likes his peace and quiet. We find out he’s on the run and decides to live out in the middle of no where. I don’t really like this
Saunders
Apr 11, 2018 rated it did not like it
I love Shay Savage and looked forward to this one very much.

The premise of this began strong and I thought in true SS form, I would be hooked with the storyline and characters.

However, despite the positive start I was conflicted between the beginning and the end. What happened? I felt I had read a book of two halves. The author's writing style changed taking a mind of its own. It was too rushed (the ending) and just too plausible.

Bishop's personality changed from being an asshole to a rather
♡ Jeri's Book Attic ♡ the Romance Bibiliophile ♡

“Physically, only two of us are trapped inside the rustic cabin, but I still feel outnumbered.” This line in the Blurb really perfectly describes the plot of Outnumbered by Shay Savage. It is not my first book by this author I read and it def. will not be the last. Her storytelling is compelling the reader to continue reading without putting the book down.

She creates unique characters in a unique setting. Not everything is like it looks on the first sight and this is a really captivating
Laura Lee
Apr 08, 2018 rated it it was amazing
By: Shay Savage
4.5 Stars!!!

WOW!!! What a page turner this one was. As I officially popped my Shay Savage cherry, I honestly couldn’t have picked a better book to be my first.

This story was unlike anything I’ve ever read. Topping the chart for originality, this story was like multiple stories in one.

Bishop is living the life he feels like he deserves. In the wilderness with no electricity, no neighbors totally off the grid. He is a hunter for his food, woodsman for his wood to heat
Jae
Maybe it’s shitty to be more concerned about the caribou meat than I am about the human woman. I don’t care. Thawing out this woman had not been on my agenda for the evening.

3Stars for the first half. The other half was very mundane and boring. Disappointed with this. So much potential.
❃**✿【Yasmine】✿**❃
Hot, interesting and different.

I really enjoyed another of Savages works, and i'm really glad i went into it blind. I saw some promos for it towards the end of my read and i'm happy that i didn't see them beforehand, it would've spoilt the build and surprise.
Suzanne
Apr 23, 2018 rated it really liked it
This is a very unique story. It's a romantic psychological thriller that will mess with your head. There's action, an unpredictable story line and of course romance, even if it's very reluctant.

Bishop is an ex con who lives in the Yukon in a remote cabin where is he is just getting ready to hunker down for the winter. He lives with no electricity and gets drinking water from a well. He has complete privacy with no neighbours and is happy to be isolated until the spring.

He encounters a woman at
Mandy
This was a really unique and interesting story that had romance, suspense and a twist I didn't see coming. I really enjoyed this book and loved the characters. Well written and an original story line - I really enjoyed this book!
Mae
4 Stars!

I love when Savage delves into the human psyche. She does a good job. I think I appreciate stories with this feature (when they're written well) above all others; because even though it's fiction, it's reality. And it's good to be reminded that extraordinary things don't just happen in paranormal fantasies but in real life as well. That's what this book did for me.

I do want to say though... the first 85% of this book was on point- I was intrigued by the protagonists, their personalities,
Alexandra
Apr 02, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 1018
I received an e-ARC from the author in exchange for an honest review. Review and blog tour can be found on *Milky Way of Books*

I really didn't know what to expect. A thriller for sure. Instead I got a nice mystery, wrapped up in quite the cold scenery of Canada with Bishop and Seri(?) taking the helm. I enjoyed the book. It was fast-paced full of darkness of both the weather and the characters soul and I enjoyed every bit of it.

I liked the mystery behind Seri. It has you guessing and in the end
Veronica LaRoche
Apr 01, 2018 rated it it was amazing
What an insane crazy read that I absolutely love. Shay has a way too pull you into a story and never want too stop reading. I love while reading trying to figure out what is going too happen and for Outnumbered I was completely surprise and so thrilled that I couldn’t figure it out. It’s refreshing to read a story that’s not predictable. I love Bishop & Seri and then coming together was exactly what they both needed. Of course their is Solo which I absolutely love, I wish my cats where like ...more
kookyquinn
Wow! That was amazing!

I was so wrapped up in these two (five?) broken characters.

Trying to figure out what happened to Seri was both frustrating and fun (the book is written entirely in Bishop's POV) and I really felt their connection.

I love Shay's books! I'm going to make a point to read more of them. I've been blown away by what I've read so far. Keep um comin!
Debbie
I found my self devouring this book turning page after page, needing to know, to find answers and to see how it would all come together. Outnumbered is unique and suspenseful with a heaping helping of crazy to top it off. All things that I crave in a great book. Throw in the isolation and harsh conditions of Northern Canada and you have the makings of one hell of a book. And while I really, really enjoyed this book, it was missing that extra umph that sent it to another level. My connection to ...more
Britt Franks Red Hatter Book Blog
Apr 01, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: faves
Holy. Crap. This book. One thing about Shay Savage is you’re guaranteed to get a story unlike anything you’ve ever read before. Outnumbered is a flawlessly written, completely unique, mind blowing story. I was completely captivated right from the prologue and spent hours not moving just stuck completely sucked into this unputdownable read.

There is SO MUCH to these characters, yet I don’t want to describe them too much. Part of what makes this book so incredible is the slow process of peeling
Saly
Apr 11, 2018 rated it really liked it
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »

• Crazy Madly Deeply
  • El Malo
  • Birthday Girl
  • Knotted (Trails of Sin, #1)
  • Ghostgirl (Mercy, #1)
  • Epoch (Transcend Duet, #2)
  • Pearson (Four Fathers, #3)
  • The Girl & Her Ren (The Ribbon Duet, #2)
  • Wishing Well
  • A Wish for Us
  • The Boy & His Ribbon (The Ribbon Duet, #1)
  • Dane's Storm
  • Transcend (Transcend Duet, #1)
  • Tattered (Lark Cove, #1)
  • Sunshine and the Stalker
  • Dirty (Dirty Nasty Freaks, #1)
  • Ruin (Gods, #1)
  • Intrepid (A Vigilantes Spinoff)
Shay Savage is an independent author from Cincinnati, Ohio, where she lives with her family and a variety of household pets. She is an accomplished public speaker and holds the rank of Distinguished Toastmaster from Toastmasters International. Her hobbies include off-roading in her big, yellow Jeep, science fiction in all forms, and soccer. Savage holds a degree in psychology, and she brings a lot ...more
“Seri is the woman who lives with me.  Netti is the woman who only appears when the situation is too intense for Seri to handle, and Iris…Iris is the woman who fucks me.” 1 likes