Start by marking “The Silent Noisy Night” as Want to Read:
The Silent Noisy Night

The Silent Noisy Night

It may have been a silent night
when Jesus came to earth. OR…
It may have been a NOISY night
to celebrate His birth.

The night Jesus was born is frequently referred to as a silent night. But how could it possibly have been silent if Jesus was born in a manger, with cows and sheep and donkeys and probably chickens and mice and birds all celebrating His birth? How could
Board Book, 24 pages
Published October 15th 2018 by B Kids

To ask other readers questions about The Silent Noisy Night, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Silent Noisy Night

Start your review of The Silent Noisy Night
Dani C. (Paulette's Papers)
Feb 11, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Ever since Christmas my 4 yr old has been asking me a lot of question. She wants to understand about Jesus’ birth and the events that surrounded it. When I came across The Silent Noisy Night by Jill Roman Lord I thought this would be a good book to help her see all the animals that could have been there that night.
We enjoyed the colorful, happy illustrations and we love reading the rhyming verses. This is such a fun book to read and one we will read all year long and not just at Christmas time!
Vera Godley
Dec 01, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Look out! This is not your regular run-of-the-mill Christmas nativity kiddie book. This tells the same beloved story but has lots of different animals and a host of sounds or rather noises telling forth the joy of the birth of the Christ Child.

A bit different? Yep! A lot of fun? Absolutely! Reverent? It is! Yet, it is fun and easy-going, and the wonderful story is told with a beautifully joyful and jolly rhyme that rollicks noisily through the age old story of our Saviour's birth. He is our
Leigh Thomas
Oct 15, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This is a fun and unique view of the night Jesus was born. Was it truly a silent night? Or was it quite noisy? I'm so excited to share this book with my grandchildren and I anticipate many readings to come! I love the way this author engages both children and adults. Highly recommend!
Was the night that Christ was born a silent night like the song says? Or was there noise of great jubilation at the coming of our Lord and Savior? Jill Roman Lord’s new children’s book explores just that!

The -Silent- Noisy Night is a beautifully illustrated board book for families to share during Advent and Christmas. Because of the sturdiness of board books, readers can share this book with their babies and toddlers as well as their older children. Not only does this book offer a new look at
Jolene
Dec 23, 2018 rated it it was amazing
The Silent Noisy Night, written by Jill Roman Lord and illustrated by Kelly Breemer, is an adorable children's book. The padded hardback covers and sturdy pages are ideal since it's best suited for children under 4 years old. The colorful illustrations evoke an sense of celebration and joy. The lilting narrative is sure to engage little ones, especially if the reader makes all the animal sounds.

Since having children, I've told my husband that there's no way it was a silent night when Jesus was
Karl Dumas
Dec 14, 2018 rated it it was amazing
At this time of year we often think of Christmas carols, and among the most popular is of course, “Silent Night”. But what if it wasn’t really all that silent? When we go to church on Sunday morning, we know that we’re supposed to, at least at certain times of the service, be quiet. But Jesus wasn’t born in a church—he was born in a stable; stables have animals, and animals make noise.

In a delightful story The Silent Noisy Night (B&H Kids, 2018) Jill Roman Lord asks us to imagine what it
Becca-Rae Weidel
Dec 23, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Like many children, I grew up with my mom reading “T’was the Night Before Christmas” each year before we went to bed on Christmas eve. While I don’t have any children myself yet, I have felt a strong conviction that I’d like to replace that book with something that centers more on Christ. I’m happy to share that I consider this an excellent choice for little ones. Since it’s a sturdy board book it should be able to stand up against the destructive capabilities of your tiny tots.
We all know the
Fay Jacobsohn
Dec 24, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This beautifully illustrated and written children's book by Jill Roman Lord and illustrated by Kelly Breemer brings up an interesting question. Was it a very noisy night with animals making noise, people shouting and singing, etc., when Christ was born? Probably so. We know the shepherds returned “glorifying and praising God.” It makes the point that we need to make a joyful noise in praise that our Savior is born after going through all the noises that may have been heard that night.

This is a
Stephanie - Adventures Thru Wonderland
*I received a complementary copy from the Publisher for review. This does not affect my review.*

While I can believe in a silent night, considering that Jesus is God, and with Him anything is possible, and silent animals can be a sign of respect and sovereignty. Still, I'll admit, a noisy night it something anyone around animals will be familiar to. My one thing is that, while I live in the US so I only know what animals are around me, I wonder if raccoons and some of the other animals mentioned
Trisha
Jan 05, 2019 rated it it was amazing
The birth of Jesus.. was it silent like the song Silent Night or noisy? Well with all the goings on it was probably not so silent! What a fun book to read to your favorite children! This book is fun and filled with lots of pictures for the children to look at. I love how they have words highlighted... like cheered or snorted, perfect opportunity to do those things while reading it! We all know kids end up memorizing books that are read to them enough and I could just see kids inserting those ...more
Shannon Allen
Dec 04, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: not-a-fan
Religious book shown to me that just wasn't my cup of tea. It does make more sense than a silent night, though. Why would everything be silent in a barn?
Joyce
Lissa
Jan 08, 2019
Kat
Jun 11, 2019

• Mind Games (Kaely Quinn Profiler, #1)
  • The White City
  • Easter Is Coming!
  • What Am I Feeling?
  • Who Sang the First Song?
  • A Bound Heart
  • Afraid of All the Things: Tornadoes, Cancer, Adoption, and Other Stuff You Need the Gospel For
  • The Liberty Bride (Daughters of the Mayflower, #6)
  • GraceFull: Growing a Heart That Cares for Our Neighbors
  • The Number of Love (Codebreakers, #1)
  • The Memory House
  • The Alamo Bride (Daughters of the Mayflower, #7)
  • Seek-and-Circle Bible Battles
  • American Omens: The Coming Fight for Faith
  • The Noble Guardian (The Bow Street Runners #3)
  • A Glitter of Gold (Georgia Coast Romance #2)
  • Searching for You (Orphan Train, #3)
  • The Golden Bride (Daughters of the Mayflower, #8)