Start by marking “Who Sang the First Song?” as Want to Read:

Who Sang the First Song?

In this engaging board book with whimsical art, singer/songwriter Ellie Holcomb asks a childlike question and answers with a lovely lyrical tale that shows young readers that God our Maker sang the first song, and He created us all with a song to sing.

Go to bhkids.com to find this book's Parent Connection, an easy tool to help moms and dads (or anyone else who loves kids)
Board Book, 24 pages
Published October 4th 2018 by B Kids

To ask other readers questions about Who Sang the First Song?, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Who Sang the First Song?

Robert C. Rogers
Nov 23, 2018 rated it really liked it
This large hardback children's book is written in rhyme by songwriter Ellie Holcomb and beautifully illustrated by Kayla Harren. In 24 pages that flow through 12 large two-page colorful drawings, Holcomb repeatedly asks the question, "Who sang the first song?" and then suggests the answer with questions, as it the names parts of the creation. The questions come in an order similar to the days of creation, flowing through poetic references to wind, moon, stars, sun, sea creatures, animals, plants ...more
Vera Godley
Nov 28, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Do you ever ask yourself off-the-wall questions like "Was there sound when God created the universe?" or "How big is God?"? Well, the author, Ellie Holcomb seems to be one who contemplates such questions and she brings that thought concept to the very young child - a picture-book-age child.

In Who Sang the First Song? the author drifts through parts of the creation asking if someone or something sang.

"...was the first song when the thumder went BOOM?"

"Did the sun sing a song as it colored the sky
Kelly
Oct 30, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Beautiful illustrations and an absolutely lovely message that weaves together scripture, song, and God's Love for us. The separate, but accompanying, CD is a perfect addition with wonderful songs which are sung in a way that only Ellie can sing. I definitely recommend picking up both for the little ones in your life, but I do believe you may find beautiful encouragement yourself.
Maddie Dumas
Oct 06, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This book is just beautiful. The words, the pictures, everything. Can’t stop reading with my boys, and I want to buy it for all the littles in my life.
Fizzy
This book just sounded amazing and creative and adorable and perfect to add to the library of my niece and nephew. I got all that simply from the description online and knew I had to order it. I've only had it in my hands a couple of days (I literally picked it up Friday night!) and I knew I had to review it sooner rather than later. So here I sit on Sunday night trying to find all the words about this book without Minion input or even borrowed Minion input. I have to say, reviewing Minion books ...more
Karl Dumas
Nov 18, 2018 rated it liked it
It’s harder and harder to find books in which the words and the illustrations are both exceptional, and are written/drawn for the same age group. I think that Who Sang the First Song (B&H Publishing, 2018) by Ellie Holcomb, with illustrations by Kayla Harren, has some great art, but the words don’t seem as if they would be memorable for the intended age group (On Amazon, the Product details list the age range as 1-4, and grade level as preschool and up---not even sure that those two ranges m ...more
Meagan Myhren-bennett
By Ellie Holcomb
Illustrated by Kayla Harren

In Who Sang the First Song? the reader is taken on a journey of exploration of discovering who sang the first song. The story has a rhythmic lyrical flow to it and in combination with the illustrations should engage the attention of any young listener/reader.

Have you ever wondered where the first song came from? Well, this delightful picture book asks and answers this very question with the conclusion being God. But He didn't st
Michelle
Nov 09, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Who Sang The First Song? is a children's Christian book by author Ellie Holcomb and illustrated by Kayla Harren. This is a very pleasant, colorful book young children will love read to them again and again. The text is written in simple sentences, only one sentence per one or two pages.
The illustration on the beautiful cover is a great lead-in to the story. It shows the characters playing music while the title asks the question, "Who Sang The First Song?" The primary medium used throughout the
Becca-Rae Weidel
Nov 14, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: picture-books
The first thing I fell in love with is the BEAUTIFUL illustrations in this book. They were the perfect mix of reality and imagination to capture the minds of little ones. It was like today's world meets the garden of Eden. I thought the story was highly engaging and thought-provoking. The little ones I read it too all really enjoyed it and wanted to keep looking at it even after I finished the story. I liked how the story asked questions to get the little minds thinking and made them feel like a ...more
Joyce
Nov 18, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Who sang the first song? That’s a great question! This book talks all about songs. Yes, regular songs, but not only regular songs with music from instruments and words from our lips. There are wind songs, there are hooting songs! Kids will also enjoy the beautiful illustrations in this book. - Melody, age 11
Amanda
Nov 06, 2018 rated it it was amazing
**I received this book for free from the publisher for the purpose of a review. My review and opinions are my own.**

Who sang the first song? Who hummed the first tune? Was it the wind blowing past the silvery moon?

So begins this lovely children’s book. Who did sing the first song? The beautiful illustrations and poetry of this book finally tell us that God did, and he created all of us with a song to sing, too.

I love this book, and so does my toddler! The poetry is really well written, my 2 year
Kathryn White
Oct 29, 2018
Autumn Byrd
Dec 05, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites, my-library
The following review is based off my own opinions, thoughts and reactions. So in other words brace yourself. *Please be respectful.* You have been advised in advance.*

Some people say it's silly to read children books when you're in your twenties and have no children. I say live a couple day with anxiety and mental health issues and you would want to read children books too. Plus, I find it reconnects us with parts of ourselves we've given up to become adults.

Anyway, this book is amazing and ad
Ben Tarver