Start by marking “Get You Some (Simple Man, #3)” as Want to Read:
Get You Some (Simple Man, #3)

Get You Some

(Simple Man #3)

4.39  ·  Rating details ·  1,592 Ratings  ·  180 Reviews
-You want some?-

She snarls those words at him with barely concealed hostility the moment he arrives at her window to ask for her license and registration.

After a few choice words, he lets her go with not one ticket, but three.

Next time she should check the attitude at the door and realize that he’s a cop, and just doing his job.

-Come get some.-

Fast forward a week, and
Published June 7th 2018

To ask other readers questions about Get You Some, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Get You Some

Natalie The Biblioholic
It's LIVE! https://amzn.to/2xRKU9U

Johnny was discharged due to injury after getting hit by an IED. He was home convalescing and he was hating it. He was a grown man being babied by his parents and it had to stop. When his bestie suggests that he make his way out of town, he latches onto that option and found a job (not too far away) with the police station. A standard traffic stop lands him into the clutches of notorious troublemaker, June, and the rest was absolute magic.

Mr. Good Intentions was
Leonor

......SPOILERS.....

What I liked..
Well they were in their mid 20s, no older hero and young heroine in this one so I was a bit surprised by this. What else?
Can't think of anything else.

What I didn't liked..
~Slut shaming. Everyone and their mama called the heroine a whore.
~Everyone in town hated the "poor" heroine.
~OW drama. I would think that after a couple of years a woman would have moved on with her life but chasing after someone that doesn't want your ass is a bit pathetic. If a guy doesn'
Gi's Spot Reviews
4.5 ‘Johnny and June’ Stars

Talk about Serendipity! An amazing love story just as epic as the original Johnny and June! The perfect pairing, there was no doubt they were meant to be, just look at their names! Awwww...

Can’t believe we are finally getting Johnny’s book! Can’t believe Sebastian’s little boy – from Lights To my Siren – is all grown up. And what grown up!

Johnny was never the same after his injury in the Army, so he thinks moving to Hostel, may be just what he needed. He just didn’t h
Sheri
Jun 05, 2018 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
I received an ARC of this book for an honest opinion.

I have to say I'm very surprised by all the great reviews on this book. We must not have read the same story.

Johnny is a cop, and former military, who was injured in the line of duty. He pulls over June for speeding, and she mouths off, so he ends up giving her three tickets. He also can't get her out of his head.

June is the daughter of the "town delinquents" and is pretty much hated by everyone in the town because of who her parents are. I fo
Rosa Sharon (iScream Books Blog)

"Mr. Good Intentions was gone. In his place was Mr. Get You Some."

I can't seem to get enough of Lani Lynn Vale, just seeing her name gets me excited because I know she's got something good in the works and coming my way. She magically keeps coming up with new original stories and they all have amazing characters, tackle serious issues, and still manage to include fun and humor. She makes me worry and wait while the suspense builds, but she also rewards me with sweet sexy times and smiles.
Kathy West
May 29, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Johnny and June….with these two names, you know the story is going to be good.
This was such a sweet story.

Johnny is struggling and trying to get back into everyday life after the war. He decided to move away from his overbearing parents and into Hostel to become a police officer. (if you have read Lani’s others books, this town will be familiar to you).

Then you have June. Poor June. She has a bad reputation because of her family. She is judged off things her parents did. I hate when people lab
Guilty Pleasures Book Reviews

The Simple Man series is the start of books for the children of the original Lani Lynn Vale men. Get You Some is about my favorite of the Dixie Wardens kids, Johnny, Sebastian’s son. Johnny was the precocious, ornery, little boy you couldn’t help but love. Johnny grew up and went into the military, an accident sends him home and he starts to feel pressured by his mom, dad and all the Dixie Wardens. He runs into his childhood BFF and Dixie Warden kid Janie and she tells him to move to Hostel wher
Emily
Johnny needed a break from his family, after coming home injured from the military they have been smothering him. Deciding to up and move to Hostel, Texas he is making the best of the situation. Then he meets June, well he pulls her over and gets her attitude. Johnny is not aware of June's reputation, she is surly, mouthy, and the towns pariah. It wasn't her doing, it was her useless parents but no one seems to get that. Johnny is interested, June is not sure what to make of Johnny but he is not ...more
Rebecca
Jun 07, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
‘That’s because a man named Johnny, and a woman named June, will always find a way to be happy. Just ask the original Johnny and June.’

If someone would have made that remark to June Carter Common throughout the maelstrom that has been her life for the past 26 years, she would have never believed it, not because she didn’t want to find love and happiness, but because the people in her life, with the exception of her grandfather, have treated her abhorrently, making assumptions about her character
Paula
Jun 09, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Having read so many awful Rom Coms - or whatever they are called - I think I have been worn down and I don't now expect so much, however, I didn't hate this one. I would even say that I enjoyed it! (Psst.... don't tell my friend Leonor....!)

Surprisingly the things that I thought would anger me enough to DNF right away (OW drama for one), didn't do it so much (view spoiler)
Jazmyne Kaylee (Ramblings of a Bookworm)
"What did I do to deserve you?" she asked. I grinned and tucked a stray piece of hair behind her ear. "I think you've got it all wrong." "Oh yeah?" she asked. I nodded. "Yeah, it's not what you did to deserve me. It's what I did to deserve you."

There's always something about Lani Lynn Vale's stories that just click with me. It's not that they're always my favorite stories or the ones I gush and gush about, but I always always remember these stories and go back to them. In fact, I totally just bi
Heather Soligo
Jun 05, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
There is something about Reading a Lani Lynn Vale book all in one sitting. First off...the dialogue...is wicked funny and there is lots of it. Second....her characters are real. Like you would run into one of them when you are at the local diner or the grocery store. She writes characters what anyone can relate to. Johnny and June are no different.

Johnny is recently discharged from the Army due to an injury he received overseas. He's loved by his family and community.

June is the girl from the
Diary Of Book Fiend
I liked this book. I loved Johnny and June. I really love that they are named after one of country's favorite couples. I am a huge Johnny Cash fan. I would listen to his music day in and day out if I didn't have to listen to my kids groan and complain.

This was an easy read. Light hearted, several laugh out loud moments. Not very much drama or angst.

This is not my typical read, It's a little on the sweet side, which is not a dig at the author, because the book was very well written, it's just ab
Kathleen R.
Jun 05, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition

There's only one reason why i hadn't finished this book within a few hours and that's because i got sick and could barely keep my eyes open to be able to finish the next chapter (and the next, and the next, and so on an so forth). There's a reason why i love the books that Lani Lynn Vale writes and it's quite simple: here are characters that are real and more than a little believable.

This series is aptly named: the Simple Men. Here are men who try to their best to be better when life gav
Brandy Roberts
Jun 07, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Another amazing read by Lani Lynn Vale I'm such a huge fan if she is new to you you definitely need to one click all of her stories and just binge read you wont regret it . I love series that lead to next gen was excited to see that the next one in the simple man series was going to be about Johnny he was first introduced as a little boy in Lights To My Siren book one from The Heroes of The Dixie Wardens MC series , really liked him as a hero and plus seeing little snippets of his fam just made ...more
Suey_Library
***Received an Advanced Readers Copy during blog tour hosted by InkSlingerPR in exchange for an honest review***

First off - hot cop with hit chest showing on the cover? Please and thank you - wish you were real, you could frisk me any time of the day; cuff me while holding me again the cruiser, please. Suey like.

Yeah, I am done. Lets real it back in for an actual review...

This is my first Lani novel, though I have seen her around with other novels that have caught my eye, just haven't gotten ar
Lindsay

OMG. She’s back! Ok, so the author didn’t really go anywhere, but the last two books I read, in this series a matter of fact, well…they weren’t the best. I actually had a lot of issues with them. But this book was back on par. The secondary characters didn’t try and take over and the two minor scenes that Janie and Rafe were in, Janie was tolerable.

I loved watching June and Johnny become friends and then more than that. Johnny was so patient, making sure that June was comfortable with him and h
Kodie Mackay
Could happily live in a Lani book bubble forever if I'm honest. She just gives me everything I desire in a book.

Johnny's story was one I've highly anticipated and it wasn't what I expected but it doesn't disappoint.

Johnny and June were both broken characters in different ways and had many obstacles to overcome before they even had a chance at their HEA. My heart went out to June because despite the constant stream of never ending shit she had thrown at her... she was a real genuine character.
KayDee
Jun 09, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I haven’t read a Lani Lynn Vale book in a long time. This book surprised me in a good way and I enjoyed it immensely.

The story follows Johnny, a medically discharged veteran turned local cop, and June, the town’s virgin pariah because of her family. They meet when Johnny pulls June over for speeding and it’s like fate that her name is June Carter and he was named after Johnny Cash. Sparks fly.

I enjoyed the first half of the story up to the point when they first have sex. The entire build up is i
Ryan - Sweet Red Reader
This might actually be my favorite Lani Lynn Vale book so far - it had all the requisite components (judgmental townies, evil family members, a crazy vindictive ex) but was a bit more mellow than some of the other books and I sort of really enjoyed that. Johnny and June were great together and I was truly sympathetic towards her and her history and was really happy when they finally got together. I do think their initial hookup was sort of abrupt and unrealistic given the circumstances, but all' ...more
Konny
May 21, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Get You Some by Lani Lynn Vale is the third book in the series of standalones, The Simple Man. The previous books are Kinda Dont Care ( with the most beautiful cover) and Maybe Dont Wanna.

Welcome back to Hostel, Texas. Johnny Mitchell Mackenzie is ex military, medically discharged from the Army and hes at the end of hid rope. His family cares be theyre smothering him. He leaves and takes a job at the PD in Hostel. Hes a stickler for rules.
June Carter Common is the towns black sheep. She has a ba
Astraycat
If you've read Lights To My Siren (The Heroes of The Dixie Wardens MC, #1), the H was Sebastian's son.

The plot was ok, mostly because I didn't like h much…although she had her reason to stay at her hometown when most town people treated her as trash, I still thought she can still move to other towns then visited her grandfather when her job was off. As for her best friend, I felt no connection between them.

The way H met h was interested. And I like to read H's parents and his grandfather.

Althou
Christiann Igou
Jun 08, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: arc-2018
There is a reason that Lani Lynn Vale is a one-click author for me, each release gives us a new favorite couple that we just can't get enough of. I devoured this one in one sitting. This is about Sebastian son Johnny from the Dixie Warden MC.

Johnny is everything you can imagine a soldier would be, strong yet scarred. June has her own demons but I loved when her fire came out and she stood her ground. No matter what life throws at you, you will always find your other half. It was fate!

Love this
Sarah Dale
Jun 06, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This is the third book in this awesome series and I think this was my favourite so far and its Johnny and June's story.

Johnny is the new policeman in town and has moved to Hostel to escape the smothering from his family after being medically discharged from the military. He is closed off and just about functioning until he pulls June over for a traffic violation and the sparks between them start flying.

I really adored June, she has been delivered a bad hand with her parents and thanks to them
A.BookNerd.Bookseller&Bibliophile.Blog
There is something about Reading a Lani Lynn Vale book all in one sitting. First off...the dialogue...is wicked funny and there is lots of it. Second....her characters are real. Like you would run into one of them when you are at the local diner or the grocery store. She whites characters what anyone can relate to. Johnny and June are no different.

June is the girl from the
Lica Vargas - Amores e Livros
The care, worry and devotion that Johnny feels for June is so intense and remarkable that is impossible not to fall in love with him. It's a love that comes up fast, but there is no doubt of the power or force it has - even when he did one or two things that we want to slap him - and is so beautiful the way he treats June. My heart has melted so many times.

“What did I do to deserve you?” she asked. I grinned and tucked a stray piece of hair behind her ear.
“I think you’ve got it all wrong.”
“Oh ye
Britt Red Hatter Book Blog
Ok, so I know I’ve said this every time I read a new book in the Simple Man series but you can’t hold it against me. They just keep getting better! It’s really not my fault. At all. I can’t control the fact Lani writes with some sort of sorcery that creates amazing books every time. So, if you think about it the fact I’m going to say this again is entirely her fault. THIS IS MY FAVORITE BOOK! There. I said it. It’s true. I regret nothing. NOTHING! See, I was was quadruple the amount excited I no ...more
Sarah Reads "Reading in Sarah's Corner"
Seriously, ya'll! Each book by Lani Lynn Vale captures a piece of my heart. The Simple Man Series is becoming one of my favorites series.

This book was so stinkin' good. I devoured. Then pouted because it was over, and it read it so fast that I did not pace myself for the ending. As always though, Lani gave us an ending we could swoon and smile about. So, I will give her a pass.

Lani, I do apologize but a few times during this book I might have grumbled some not so nice things as you heart my g
Kim  Brewing
Jun 10, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition

I loved the writing and the characters. BUT I struggled a bit with the PTSD that was mentioned for both Johnny and his friend Rosie....at no time did it address them getting the help they both needed. I also had trouble with the "whole town" hating June and the name calling. I could see this happening with the town's "elite" group, but come on there had to be group of people that wouldn't have cared who her parents were and would have cheered at what she did at prom.

Overall I did enjoy
Marika
Jun 07, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
As soon as I sat down to read it was over..whatever else I was supposed to be doing didn't happen..I didn't get up until I finished.
Johnny and June's story was so so good!
Johnny went for a career that wasn't the one he wanted but at least it was a job..and that very job was a blessing when he came to meet June!
June isn't living..mostly surviving and biding hrr time until she could leave..but she didn't count on Johnny.
I loved them both and their story made me so dang happy!
There's happy and sad,
Lani Lynn Vale is married to the love of her life that she met in high school. She fell in love with him because he was wearing baseball pants. Ten years later they have three perfectly crazy children and a cat named Demon who likes to wake her up at ungodly times in the night. They live in the greatest state in the world, Texas. She writes contemporary and romantic suspense, and has a love for al ...more

Simple Man (5 books)
  • Kinda Don’t Care (Simple Man, #1)
  • Maybe Don't Wanna (Simple Man, #2)
  • Ain't Doin' It (Simple Man, #4)
  • Too Bad So Sad (Simple Man, #5)