Start by marking “Rogue Crystal” as Want to Read:
Rogue Crystal

Rogue Crystal

Avery loves the prospect of visiting Scarya with her cousin and boyfriend. Adventure and romance surely await in this exotic country. Instead, war breaks out, and Avery ends up with an ancient sword everyone is dying to possess.

Scarya isn’t just a foreign land – the more time Avery is trapped there, the more she learns about her past. Her ancestors originated in Scarya,
Published March 4th 2018 by CHBB Publishing

To ask other readers questions about Rogue Crystal, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Rogue Crystal

Start your review of Rogue Crystal
Fizza
Mar 18, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: fantasy
It's an interesting tale of chaos, when past collides into present while shaping into the future. The story is quite well-written and intriguing. From the very beginning it engages readers' full attention. I enjoyed reading it, it's mixed genre book so hard to put it in one category. But I guess if you're a fantasy fan then this book is definitely a must read. Anyone with good imagination will enjoy it, as I did.

Story revolves around a crystal that comes from another planet. It has powers which
Alicia Huxtable
Mar 13, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This author!!! I have read much of her work and never regret one second immersed in her worlds of creation. But this book is a little different to her others and I must say I was pleasantly surprised, to the point I'm secretly hoping for more sci-fi type reads from her.
I enjoyed these new style of characters, the way she wrote them and amd the entire storyline. It all just fit
Kayla Krantz
An alien on a mission. A crystal with powers. A royal girl in the middle of it all. Split between the past and the future, Rogue Crystal shows the timeline of how a magic crystal came to Earth and what it’s future is.

This was certainly different. A mix of different genres, all coming together to make an interesting book. Enjoyable mix of fantasy and sci-fi. The only thing I didn’t really like about this book was Avery’s romance. It came across as a little cheesy to me. The rest of the story was
Mary Bernsen
Mar 16, 2018 rated it really liked it
See, this is what I love about Jordan Eliazabeth Mierek's books: she has the ability to take a perfectly normal, everyday situation and turn it into a bombshell! "I'm her mother"... that one sentence mid-book redirects the entire story, slinging you in an entirely different direction than you thought you were headed. This book was fabulous, from the complex (I mean, really complex) relationships to the captivating story itself, I had no trouble staying connected the entire time. One family, one ...more
G. Miki
Apr 19, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: paranormal, fantasy
Jordan Elizabeth (Mierek) is a highly skilled writer. In addition to knowing her characters inside out, she makes her prose sing. Beyond that, in *Rogue Crystal* Elizabeth (Mierek) presents a compelling, well-plotted adventure/fantasy with many ups and downs and never a pause.

In 1398, Ne crashes to Earth in the Kingdom of Scarya and takes human form. His great mission in life? To protect the Crystal from those who would destroy the universe using its power. In 2014, Avery visits her cousin in th
Lidia
May 23, 2020 rated it liked it
This is my review of the audio version as posted on Audible:

I liked the premise of the book - an enchanted crystal, a quest of an alien race to save the universe, a young girl in the middle of it all... but somehow it turned out to be less exciting and more chaotic than I had expected.
True, there are good moments in the tale, nicely described scenes and one or two characters that you come to like, but a lot of the story seems erratic, chaotic, with no logic behind the characters' actions and beh
Lynndell
Rogue Crystal by Jordan Elizabeth opens with a Scaryan lullaby that tells a tale of a crystal that brought destruction only because of the greedy king’s hunt to find it. The story covers generations of people who protect and hide the crystal at all costs; a crystal that can end the universe and start a new one. Avery visits her cousin at an archeological dig and ends up with a strange ring on her finger after she picks up a sword and then that sword disappears. Eventually, she realizes that the ...more
Heidi
Mar 05, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: sci-fi
I was pleasantly surprised by Jordan with this book. It proves that she is very talented and able to write more than just a couple of genres. It is different from her other books in that it is sci-fi. I like sci-fi, but I have been more in the mood for horror and fantasy recently. However, this book drew me right in and held on. Jordan's story telling style is amazing and she has the ability to hook you in with just a few words. She keeps the story moving along and she keeps you guessing. If you ...more
Misty
Aug 15, 2018 rated it liked it
This story was my introduction to the author Jordan Elizabeth. It was an overall good story. Good premise. The pacing was decent. The characters were interesting, though they could have been fleshed out a little more. I enjoyed the twists. I agree with other reviewers about the ending though. It did seem kind of abrupt. All in all, I found it to be a good intro to this author. I will definitely seek out other books by her to read. I am voluntarily reviewing this book, gifted to me by the author ...more
Jo-ann
May 30, 2018 rated it it was amazing
The Crystal needed to be protected at all costs

When a stranger crash lands on Earth, he has a special Crystal with him that is very dangerous that others want it to restart the world. He meets and marries a young woman. Then their descendents must keep the Crystal safe until a young woman is born to save the world from the Crystal.

Come join the adventure and the choices that the characters make to keep the Crystal and their love ones safe.

Jo-Ann Doyle
Eve Culley
Mar 09, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: ya
This was Jordan's first sci-fi book and it proves that she is able to write more than just a couple of genres. It is a unique story and very different from her other books. It is written for YA but I found that I liked it as well. The storyline keeps you guessing until the very end. Good job Jordan!
Julia David
Mar 14, 2018 rated it really liked it
This isn't my usual genre, but I liked the story. There are some surprises and a few twists and turns. Avery is unsure of herself, she relies on so many others and she is going to grow up pretty fast in Scarya. She has had the same dream for years and when she gets to Scarya for a vacation, she finds out that she has more family than she knew of and that not all of her family is from Earth.
Kandy
Mar 16, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I have read many of Jordan Elizabeth's books. They are all so different, but each one grabs you and takes you into the story. This was no exception. Love that it starts out with an alien crashing his space ship, but then takes you to places that you would not have even thought of. Great book, interesting characters and a fascinating story line.
Tera Comer
Jul 22, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: arc
This is the first book that I have read by this author and I was shocked at how deeply entranced that this book got me. There were a few twits and turns in the book that had some surprises attached to them which makes things become so much clear at times. I voluntarily reviewed a complimentary copy of this book.
Crystal
Aug 08, 2018 rated it really liked it
Avery goes on a trip to Scarya to visit her cousin and see her boyfriend as well. She never expects to be drawn into a battle that could end life as she knows it. She gets to learn about her families past and history, but there is also danger around every turn.
I enjoyed the book, but the time jumps were a little hard to understand sometimes. Interesting concept for sure.
Jessica Traver cashen
Aug 13, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: arc-s
Great read, well written with a great plot and characters. I was engrossed from start to finish. Avery goes to Scarya to see her cousin that is on an archeological dig. While there Avery finds she has more family....some not human and about her family's history. I voluntarily read and reviewed an Advanced Reader Copy of this book.
Tanya
Dec 09, 2018 rated it it was amazing
They were looking forward to the holiday but once they get there war breaks out. She ends up with a sword everyone else wants. Life is taking an unexpected turn which will even include an alien. What will she need to do? Life is about to get complicated

Mandy Stump
May 15, 2018 rated it really liked it
This book was interesting. I was a little confused at parts but was a good read. Loved the end. Shocked by some of the secrets throughout this book.

InD'tale Magazine
4.5/5.0

This book is a will-o-the-wisp, engaging the reader, gleefully leading them forward; they delightfully follow.

Read full review in the 2018 July Aug issue of InD'tale Magazine.
Miranda
Nov 25, 2018 rated it liked it
An interesting premise, but some of the execution was lacking. Some of the story swapping was a little jarring and I wish there had been an epilogue, but overall an interesting story. I did enjoy it, it's worth a read, though I likely won't re-read it.
Paula Genereau
Mar 09, 2018 rated it it was amazing
what an amazing story and i loved it. Avey loves visiting her cousin and learning about her family history. But the more she is there that she learns there's secrets of her family's past
Jane Firebaugh
Mar 15, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Rogue Crystal was awesome! What a great young adult science fiction story. I couldn't put it down.
Kirsti Call
Apr 09, 2018 rated it really liked it
This was well written with surprising plot twists, likable characters and an interesting element of mystery and Sci fi.
Silver Surfer
Jul 16, 2018 rated it liked it
This seemed to lack something to make it a great read. I found it a bit boring in places, but then again have read some great fantasy books.
Barb VanderWel
Nov 30, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I love this & I can't wait for more.
I will be also leaving a review on Goodreads @ Amazon.
And letting everyone know about it.
So i gave it a 5 Stars.
Nadea Croix
Dec 05, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This story upped anything that gets you to pondering. Original and imaginative keeps it interesting throughout.

Karen
Dec 11, 2018 rated it really liked it
Intriguing fantasy sci-fi romance story, it is adventurous with twists and turns. Amazing characters. It is written well. I liked reading the book and a pleasure to review it.
Shakera
Aug 05, 2018 rated it liked it
While the synopsis is interesting, I found myself wondering what I was reading. I think it started off great, but it dragged in places, and I lost interest in other places. I am interested to see where this goes, but I can't say I love this book.
Melissa Levine
Mar 13, 2018 rated it really liked it
I’m a big fan of Jordan, and I’ve read many of her stories. Here’s another one to add to the list. Overall, I thought this was an interestingly unique/different kind of story from what I've previously read.

Now when I read a story, I love looking for mistakes. My goal, in the end, is to find none, though. Needless to say, while I don’t know if this story was read over (editor, beta reader, etc.), I found the first mistake on the first page. My experience in reading stories is that if there’s a mi
Tea
Jan 19, 2020 rated it liked it
2.5 ⭐ rounded up to 3

Thank you to Jordan Hallak for sending an advance review copy of the book. I always enjoy your writing ☺️

I thought I read and reviewed quite awhile ago so my review is based on the copy / edition that was sent to me.

Even though the descriptions were very detailed and the storyline was very short, I feel like it dragged in several places. It wasn't bad, but also it just wasn't my book of choice. This doesn't dissuade from reading books from Hallak. I generally like the diffe

• Buried Deep
  • Auberon (The Expanse, #8.5)
  • Dark & Day 1
  • The Trump-Ukraine Impeachment Inquiry Report
  • Supercarrier (The Ixan Prophecies #1)
  • House of Teeth
  • Pile of Bones (The Legends of the First Empire #0.5)
  • Interview with the Robot
  • Juggernaut (The Ixan Prophecies #2)
  • Reckoning (The Ixan Prophecies #3)
  • Trapped (Fleet Ops, #1)