Start by marking “Some Sunny Day: A nurse. A soldier. A wartime love story.” as Want to Read:
Some Sunny Day: A nurse. A soldier. A wartime love story.

Some Sunny Day: A nurse. A soldier. A wartime love story.

A moving true story of love on the front lines.

It was July 1944 when Madge stepped onto a troopship that was to carry her thousands of miles away from home. Only twenty years old and not long qualified as a nurse, she had signed up to serve in the Burma Campaign. She would be based on the Indian border, near the frontline where a fierce battle was raging between Allied forces

Published March 8th 2018 by Pan

To ask other readers questions about Some Sunny Day, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Some Sunny Day

Maureen
Mar 19, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: netgalley
'Some Sunny Day' is Madge Lambert's very special wartime memoir. I doubt you'll have heard of Madge, but by the time you finish reading this incredible book, you'll know her so well she'll feel like a dear friend. Her memoir takes us back to the dark days of the Second World War, when, as a teenage nurse she was sent to India to nurse the British Troops fighting in the Burma campaign.

Madge had no idea where she was being sent as she boarded the ship in 1944. She'd never left the country before,
Ivana - Diary of Difference
Blog | Facebook | Twitter | Instagram | Pinterest

Some Sunny Day was one of those books that go slowly, and tell a story of another times, reviving memories and emotions. A story of a lady that is sent to India to take care for the British Soldiers in the Second World War.

A beautiful memoir, full of lively descriptions that make the scenes more realistic. A powerful story of love, bravery, tragedy, sacrifices and hope.

Madge is a character that all people can relate to. Even though a nurse, and sent to another country, Madge is also a lady just lWar.
A
Ingrid
May 24, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This is the story how Madge met Basil Lambert in Chittagong during the war. The book is written as a sequence of events, without much emotion. Still, I always enjoy reading personal war stories. I looked them up and saw they are now 94 and 95 years old.
It's the second time I discover a similar cover for two different books. This one was also used for a Dutch WW II book by Charles den Tex.
christine spurrier
Aug 14, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Wow I loved this book when I first picked it up I thought oh a new writer writing about the Second World War but it’s a true story about how she was a nurse in the Burma campaign and how she met her husband who was a soldier there. Enjoyed the book very much and would definitely recommend this book to everyone
Mrs MJH Compton-Edwards
Mar 30, 2018 rated it it was amazing
A wonderful story, and an era I remember so well, but was not old enough to be in the forces. but old enough to be in Trafalgar Square on V E Day .... so also have good and bad memories of those years.
Melita Sheppard
Mar 05, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Incredibly moving book. I was totally engrossed and eagerly turning the pages to see how this story evolved. It is a biography but incredibly interesting.
Would love to see the story turned into a film.
Rachel
Jun 26, 2019 rated it really liked it
Very moving account of an aspect of the second world war that I knew very little about. I.e the non-European side of the conflict. Told with humour and reality.
taffy