Start by marking “Times Square” as Want to Read:
Times Square

Times Square

An unexpected scavenger hunt forces a woman to confront her past and present loves in New York City. Featuring a sparkling Manhattan lit late at night, Times Square is the novella which pinpoints what it means to live and love in a city that readily challenges and astonishes, so often in the same breath.
ebook
Published March 8th 2018 by Rich Walls

To ask other readers questions about Times Square, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Times Square

Nikki (Saturday Nite Reader)

I ♥ NY.

And, I loved the vibe of this book.

Newly married Angie is back in NYC for the night. (She relocated to Delaware for her husband. New Yorkers understand just how nostalgic that could make a person.) She receives an anonymous letter that will send her on a scavenger hunt throughout NYC – only thing is she doesn’t really know what she is looking for. Oh, and who she thought sent the note was not whom she thought. (interesting!)

It is a short book, only 102 pages and probably best read in one
Dennis
Aug 27, 2018 rated it really liked it
3.5/5 stars!

This review will be short and sweet, since Rich Walls' novella is under 100 pages. Time Square introduces us to Angie, a New Yorker, and takes her on a ride through the city. If you have ever visited New York, it's nostalgic and fun. Time Square pays homage to the city that I've always known and loved, and it made me smile to see how the city incorporates the main character's life and balance in her day-to-day. Go in blind, only read the blurb provided, and make sure to read thi
Michelle
Jul 03, 2018 rated it really liked it
Check out my review on my blog here: https://booksonthebookshelf.wordpress...

This book was a quick and fun read. It is a heart-warming story of love and follows the main character Angie throughout the city of New York as she is sent on a scavenger hunt by a past love. Which past love is sending her on this journey of love? She will have to get to the end of the scavenger hunt to find out.

Angie receives a letter which starts her on her scavenger hunt journey. Each place she goes she gets a new cl
Jessica
Jan 23, 2019 rated it it was ok
I found the shifting time periods very confusing - including the date at the start of each chapter would have gone a long way. I got halfway through the book, was very confused, and had to start over. Upon the second read, the time periods/story line made more sense, but still wasn't clear. Sometimes I think vague time periods are helpful to the story (such as in psychological thrillers), but in this case, I think it took away from the story. I enjoyed the ode to NYC, but it got lost in the conf ...more
Amanda
Nov 04, 2018 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: won-in-giveaways
I received a copy of this book in a Goodreads giveaway.

If this hadn't been such a short read, I wouldn't have bothered. It's drifting, pointless and boring. I powered through it since it's less than 100 pages long, but even considering that, I regret it. I'm hoping that pretty soon here I'll hit on a book that really blows me away, because lately I've had a string of bad luck and this definitely did nothing to change that.
Lisa Waller
Nov 14, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Short and sweet. I enjoyed the way the author kept me tuned in with just enough details to keep me guessing. Nice love story, Angie's love of NY and of some unique men she encountered along the way.
Jill Jaques
Jul 09, 2018 rated it liked it
Thank you @rich_walls for sending me this beautiful book!
A woman is sent on a scavenger hunt by her past love, but the question is which past love? At first I had a hard time following what was going on and the jumping between past and future characters and settings was confusing. However, once I finished several pieces clicked into place. I think if I were to go back and read it again I’d enjoy it even more.
Christi Massey
So I will admit to getting lost in the several characters and what was going on throughout this book. HOWEVER, the ending made all that confusion TOTALLY worth it. It all came together and made sense in such a profound, touching way. If only we all had declarations of love like this in our lives, wouldn't the world be a much happier place? Fantastic read!!
JPC
Jun 14, 2018 rated it really liked it
A touching romance novella where a scavenger hunt through New York City takes a woman on a walk down memory lane of her experiences with those she's loved. I had a hard time following in the beginning, but enjoyed the way her story was pieced together in the end.

** I received a copy of this novella from the author/publisher through a Goodreads giveaway **
Katie Bennett
Mar 06, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: favorites
This is probably my new favorite Novella. As someone who loved and left New York City (particularly The Strand), the combination of nostalgia and idyllic description made me want to visit again very soon. The plot is not told in a linear timeline but the snapshots in each chapter provide context for the ultimate conclusion, which is lovely and satisfying. I would highly recommend this quick read if you don’t mind alternating timelines, and would like to be reminded of what it’s like to fall in l ...more
Mary
Mar 25, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Great storyline. Read this book in one sitting.
Patrycja
Apr 20, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I won this eBook through GoodReads giveaway.

I really enjoyed this novel. It has great story line and is so well written. I read it in one sitting. It is fresh and playful novel. I recommend it! Especially if you like New York city and you are looking for some romance tell.
Amy
May 15, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Really good romance novella.

I received this book as part of the good reads giveaway but the opinions expressed are solely my own.
TheReadingCornerforAll Lopez
May 10, 2018 rated it really liked it
This was a very enjoyable read that depicted the streets of New York City in a colorful manner.
Ginger Pollard
Jun 28, 2018 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
An unfortunate Goodreads win....
Victoria
May 04, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Love the characters in this book. First time reading of this author and plan to find more of his books. Recommend this book
Mary
May 03, 2018 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Times Square was an interesting read. An unusual book. Worth the time to read.
Matt Gastall
Apr 10, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Vivid and vivacious ... Walls is always a great read. Rising star
Victoria Wood
Jul 30, 2018 rated it liked it
Full Review, Overview & Commentary on my blog - http://girlwithnoselfie.com/times-squ...

Angie is sitting in her hotel room in New York City when she receives a snowflake embossed card containing a mysterious message. It is the start of a scavenger hunt that brings back memories of her romantic past. As she is chasing clues, she is desperate to discover who is leading her on this journey, and what the end result will be.

A quick read, Times Square is a romance / mystery novel that takes you on
Stacey (bookishpursuit)
Sep 07, 2018 rated it really liked it
4.25
Times Square a novella is an unexpected star in NYC that I wouldn’t have otherwise seen. Rich’s prose is sunshine! I underlined many passages and made notations in the margins. The premise is a woman’s search for her place. The protagonist Angie try’s to identify if NYC is where she’s destined to be, at the same time discerning if the man shes chosen is the right one. I related to some of Angie’s doubtfulness and longing. Through mysterious, romantic and magical occurrences she’s finally abl
Jacie
I got this ebook in a Goodreads giveaway and it's 3.5/5 stars for me

Reading about the scavenger hunt as the main character, Angie, experiences it is interesting. Her confusion and thought process feels very real with the chapters going back and forth between past and present. She finds a clue, remembers a strong moment from the place, who she was with, questions if the scavenger hunt is from them, then goes onto her next clue.

Some of my questions were left unanswered and a few parts felt unreal
Jeff
May 03, 2018 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
The title is what initially drew me to this book. If you know/love NYC there are definite locales on display throughout. I found the first 1/3 to 1/2 pretty confusing... really not sure where it was headed or what was going on. I'd best describe it as almost dream like-- where memories converge in a surreal, pretty unrealistic chain of events. (Elements of the ending could ONLY happen in a dream.) I'm not sure if the author intended the reader to find the story as a reconciliation with the past, ...more
Kirk Weikart
I like books organized and sequential, but I also like to challenge these preferences. This book was a conundrum, as it was sometimes scatter brained and at other times it was strangely lucid.. I would classify this as a "relationship mystery". The main character introduces us to her romantic interests from her adult life as she examines and reflects on whether she has made correct decisions. There is a tacit uncertainty as to who she truly loves, and by the way, who is leading her around the bu ...more
Eve
May 29, 2018 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Confusing novella

This book drops you in the middle of circumstances as many stories do, but this one never provides clarification about what is going on. I was confused the entire book about who was being discussed and when events were occurring. In addition, I did not have any sympathy or liking for the protagonist.
Kathy Stibal
Apr 18, 2019 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
This was a book I won through Goodreads - would not have been a book I would have bought. I finished the book but several times considered not continuing as I was totally confused as to what they story was. After finishing the book the story made more sense and I think I would have enjoyed it if I'd known earlier what was happening. Too disjointed for me - sorry!
Christy
May 21, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: giveaways-2018
I liked this book, but didn't quite "love" it. I do appreciate the style in which this was written - the flow was different and refreshing.

Overall it was a fast and endearing read which I really enjoyed.
Jackie
I really wanted to like this.. but I think the lack of labels for the past/present tenses ruined it for me. It was difficult to see the difference, and this is not a novella in which blending the two tenses together makes sense to the storyline.
Judy
May 18, 2018 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Have no idea

Started reading and was so confused. Almost read like a stream of consciousness and a stream I couldn’t wade through. Stopped and went onto something else. It may have gotten better but I wasn’t interested in finding out
Marissa
Apr 20, 2018 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: goodreads-win
Goodreads Kindle Copy Win

It is about an old love that ends up playing out on a scavenger hunt in New York Times Square. What we o for old memories of the one that gotten away.

A short novella that could be more invovlve.
Aimee
Jul 16, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Goodreads giveaway

• Faithful through Hard Times: the uncensored story of WW2 Malta
  • Ideas, Influence, and Income: Write a Book, Build Your Brand, and Lead Your Industry
  • Mindfulness for the Mindless: A No Nonsense Guide to Breaking Free From a Mindless Life
  • The Price of the Haircut
  • Trailer Trash With A Girl's Name: Father Figures
  • The Orphans
  • Death on the High Lonesome
  • Patriot's Point
  • How Do You Deal with a Dead Girl?
  • A Psychologist and Neurofeedback an Account on the Use of a Technological Tool in Service to Human Healing
  • Ape Mind, Old Mind, New Mind: Emotional Fossils and the Evolution of the Human Spirit
  • The Cuban Chronicles: A True Tale of Rascals, Rogues, and Romance
Rich Walls graduated from Villanova University in 2006. He recently released Times Square, a novella inspired by his years living and working in New York City. He is also the author of Standby, Chicago and creator of One Page Love Story. He currently lives in Hoboken, New Jersey.