Start by marking “Trust (Children of Chiron #1)” as Want to Read:
Trust (Children of Chiron #1)

Trust

(Children of Chiron #1)

really liked it 4.00  ·  Rating details ·  13 ratings  ·  11 reviews
Dying, centaurs return to Earth in the hopes that humanity can help. War breaks out instead. One centaur, Ieang struggles to keep the last infant alive, finds himself trapped on this planet and on the run. Desperate, he and his companion capture one of the enemy, a human, but will the woman care for the infant girl?
Published December 1st 2017

To ask other readers questions about Trust, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Trust

really liked it Average rating 4.00  ·

Start your review of Trust (Children of Chiron #1)
Helen
Aug 29, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This is a profoundly touching story of centaurs meeting humans for the first time, and the problems that follow, that brings to mind the conflict between natives and Europeans during the centuries.
Two male centaurs must travel to Earth to save a pregnant female, as their race is dying out and only a few are left. But they find themselves persecuted by the humans and have to flee for their lives. They kidnap a human woman who has just given birth to save the baby centaur they have to cut from its
Sarah Northwood
Jul 08, 2018 rated it really liked it
What an unusual story, that I loved. I must admit it took me some time to get into the first part of the book as the style is a little different to my usual kind but I’m so glad I kept on reading. The tale of centaurs meeting humans for the first time is more than just a premise for the story, the author brings to life the two races and struggles found on each side. The richness of the main characters is woven together with their differing religious views and modern life versus ancient times. Ea ...more
Michelle Promotion's for Indie Author's csmindiepr
I found this book to be exceptional in the style, quality, description and Ms Darling's natural ability to take you into the world you are reading.
Trust cover's so many different issues and realistic problem's of today that I was drawn into how well past present and fantasy were all combined into the storyline. We meet a species of Centaurs who have come to Earth in the hope that they can get protection from humans, while ensuring the continuation of their species is protected and safe.
With the
J.B. Richards
Aug 06, 2018 rated it liked it
Members of a dying race of centaurs return to Earth in the hopes that humanity can help save the last vestige of their civilization—an infant centaur... the last of her race.

Darling’s novel is imaginative and creative, presenting a centaur world wholly fabricated from the ground up, with strong characters and a plot line that doesn’t seem to borrow from any Fantasy story I’ve ever read… And, I’ve read quite a few. The idea of a doomed and dying centaur civilization that is desperate to save its
Rachel
Dec 28, 2018 rated it liked it
*I received a review copy from the author. All opinions are my own. This review was originally posted on RachelPoli.com.

Book Cover

I like the art style of the cover. It’s simple but it shows the plot as well as one of the main characters and it works. I like it.

First Thoughts

I don’t read much fantasy, but I’m always looking to try new things and this book sounded like it’d be an interesting read. When the author asked me to give it a try, I was happy to agree.

Plot

Ieang, trapped on Earth with an i
Amanda Shepard (Between-the-Shelves)
Read this and more reviews at between-the-shelves.com!

The centaurs must return to Earth in order to save their dying race. But where they hope to find solace, they only find conflict and violence. They must work to keep the last centaur infant alive so that their race doesn't die out completely. But have they done enough to ensure their species' survival?

Tabitha Darling sent me a copy of this book to review, and it's pretty far from what I usually read. Despite this, I found myself drawn into th
Al Boy
Feb 23, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
The old phrase, “We were from different worlds!” is oh-so-apropos for this tale which follows the exploits of the last centaurs as they struggle for their very existence. A small group of them are sent to modern-day Earth…where they encounter a rather hostile reception from a citizenry who seem inclined to shoot and/or capture…and ask questions later. One pregnant centaur is killed in the melee, and two male centaurs, Iaeng and Tiang deliver her child. They make good their escape from the battl ...more
Andrew Wallace
Jul 07, 2019 rated it really liked it
OK. This was brought up to 4 stars for originality... Not in the story-line itself, but in the elements. There were some great viewpoints on cultural differences, new cultural aspects rarely seen, and creative new ways of presenting cliche'd, old character tropes and even general creatures (Centaurs) which I greatly appreciated.

Honestly though, it was fun. Not much more, no less. After a bit, it becomes exactly what you expect.

The editing was sub-par, but not the worst. The writing style reminde
DarkRaven Reviews
Oct 18, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Very well written. The world building is extremely well done and paints a glorious picture of what's happening. I haven't read many centaur books so this was something completely different for me. I really enjoyed reading this. ...more
Shekie Johnson
Nov 10, 2018 rated it really liked it
SHARON
Submitting my review via MzJetson.com

This was an ok story for me.. The fact that there are Gods and humans in this book is what peaked my interest. As I continue to read the story it got a little intense.. The chemistry, the fights, wow... Poor Brenda. Lets see what happens in part 2.
Sandy
Aug 21, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
At the beginning of the book, the author stated this story was a “slow burn” and would leave many questions unanswered. This is true of many series’. I felt the flow was paced well. However, even with the listed character names and preface, I felt lost. As all the names were foreign, I had difficulty remembering who was who and what side each person was aligned with. I was following along much better after a small group transported to earth.

After reading the first few chapters, my head was spinn
Julia Clements
Nov 08, 2018
Fireos_BAT_Aston
Nov 11, 2018
Tabitha Darling
Nov 17, 2018 added it  ·  (Review from the author)
danny
Lezli
Jul 01, 2018
Meylon Rideout
Jul 03, 2018
She is the author of Trust (Children of Chiron series Vol 1) to be released in August 31 2017.

Life and career

She is wife to a robot builder and mom to a toddler. By day, she is a barefoot farrier, horse trainer, and riding instructor. She lives in Texas, with her husband, toddler, three horses, three hens, three geese, and three doves.