Start by marking “My Papa is a Princess” as Want to Read:
My Papa is a Princess

My Papa is a Princess

Cuddle up with Dad for this sweet book about a father as seen through his daughter’s eyes. When Papa braids her hair, he’s a hairdresser; when he hangs her drawings on the wall, he’s an art collector. But no matter what happens, he is always her papa, and that’s the most important thing of all!
Published September 1st 2018 by blue manatee press

To ask other readers questions about My Papa is a Princess, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about My Papa is a Princess

Janna C
Jun 26, 2018 rated it it was amazing
My daughter LOVES this super fun book. What's even better, is that I LOVE it too! Is he a fabulous race car driver or an astronaut?! The whole book is a sneak peak on how a kid could view their super-hero-like dad juxtaposed with the reality that is just as charming and fun. It's a perfect fit for an awesome Dad to read.
Urbandale Library
Dec 04, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: picture-books
This board/picture book was a wonderful discovery for our family. A brief story of a girl's imagination and love for her dad or "papa." Showcasing the many different, fluid "roles" parents and caregivers take on, it just goes to show we are not stuck with any one, single role.
Baby Bookworm
Aug 30, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: our-reviews

Hello, friends! Our book today is My Papa Is A Princess by Doug Cenko, a heartwarming look at the many things a father can be.

The reader is introduced to the papa-daughter duo by the unnamed child narrator: “My Papa is…”. He’s a racecar driver, an art collector, a hair stylist, a master chef. Each example is shown in the fantastical image through his child’s eyes followed by the reality – playi
Kareena
Feb 12, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Aww, so cute! There's not a lot of plot, but there are fun illustrations and the message is amazing. Works as a gathering book for storytime.
MERRITT STEINBACH
Jul 27, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This book got me all teary. It's really sweet. The drawings are fun too. I like that it only has a few words on each page and is an easy bedtime read, unlike some bedtime books that go on and on and on and on - lol. Shorter books rule because you can always read a second book, but never can you finish one book a second night!!! Bravo. I might like this as much as Click Clack Moo.

And no, it is not a children's guide to adult princesses!!! OMG already! This book is about how dad is everything to h
Chris Hatting
Jul 16, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I got this book for my brother and his daughters. They loved it when he reads it to them. It shows all the ways he loves being around his girls. Great book!!!!!!!
Becky
Sep 12, 2018 rated it really liked it
Damn near five stars. Absolutely loveable story about father-daughter play time. I loled hard on the hide-and-seek page. I like that the activities in the story are accessible to most families like being cardboard box astronauts and making pancakes instead of pricey electronics and blow torched creme brulee. These are do-able things that kids can relate to already or can probably con their dads into doing. It warmed my heart.

And I loved the illustration style!

And Mama is a Mechanic comes out in
I am so happy I finally got to read My Papa is a Princess by Doug Cenko. I am honored to participate in an illustrators group with him. I loved the cover and now, I love the story. This simple book celebrates father-daughter relationships. It also reminds us that parents are so much more than parents, and kids can be anything they want to be. I would give this book to every father who has a duaghter.
Kelsey
Sep 18, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Age: Infant-Preschool
Family: Dad and daughter

This dad has quite the knack for creative play as he and his daughter use their imaginations to go anywhere and be anything. Although the child looks like a 32-year-old woman on the first page, the illustrations excel at mirroring imagination with reality. This will be an excellent read-aloud at dad storytimes everywhere.
Ann Santori
Ehh. Expected this to be more explicitly about challenging gender roles (also, if you were going to make a list of all the people the child envisions her parent to be, you should start with the titular one and then work your way through the others to have the narrative flow more easily).
Bobbi
Jun 05, 2018 rated it liked it
Heartwarming tale about the many roles a dad plays in his daughter's life.
Kayla
Nov 14, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: picture-books
An absolutely darling picture book of a girl's imagination and love for her "papa." Also, it goes to show the many different, fluid "roles" we all play and that we are not stuck any one, single role.
Allison
Oct 06, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This will make a wonderful book for a storytime on families or dads.
Elisabeth
Nov 15, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Any grown up who plays with their kids is also a SUPERHERO so add a cape to that crown Papa!
Alex
Sep 27, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This book is soooo sweet my heart melted! <3
Peter
Dec 14, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: picture-books
Pro-non-gender-conforming. Sweet and wonderful look at how a caregiver is perceived by their child.
Ann
Sep 30, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: picture-books
MY PAPA IS A PRINCESS depicts a dad as seen through his daughter's eyes. Endearing illustrations show both how dad really looks and how his daughter views him. Sweet gift for new dads!
Miss Sarah
Nov 14, 2018 rated it liked it
A young child describes how she loves her father and all the ways they play and pretend together. Toddler and up
Molly Cluff (Library!)
Dec 13, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I love dads having active relationships with their children. So heartwarming!
Stephanie
Mar 07, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I checked out this book for my husband and daughter to read together. I love it and it is adorable. Positive story about a dad doing stuff with his daughter and being what she needs him to be.
Earl
Jul 01, 2018 rated it really liked it
I was expecting this to be about something else and I was super excited to read it. Regardless of what it actually ended up being, it was still a pretty cute story about fatherhood as seen through the eyes of a child.
Lizy
May 31, 2018 rated it liked it
Seemed oversimplified, doesn't live up to the title. Figured it'd be about feminism, what with the title and cover. It basically lists off jobs that a child's father could have. I'm not impressed.
Anne Lutomia
Dec 21, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Exciting read about a father daughter relationship.
Sandra
Jun 06, 2018 rated it really liked it
This book is a pleasant homage to father just in time for Father’s Day. Adorable illustrations highlight dad’s many roles. It is a cleverly written, ienjoyable book.
Monica C
Jun 01, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Totally adorable. Can not wait to read it to my daughter.
Madam I'm Adam