Start by marking “Where Birdie Lives” as Want to Read:
Where Birdie Lives

Where Birdie Lives

Perfect for toddlers who love to play as they read, this adorable interactive picture book is sure to entertain children - and their parents! This heartwarming tale tells the readers about the quest of an endearing little puppy in search of a birdie. The young reader is challenged to solve a mystery and to look for a birdie under each flap, and then be delighted to find it ...more
Board Book, 14 pages
Published January 1st 2019 by Clever Publishing

To ask other readers questions about Where Birdie Lives, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Where Birdie Lives

Deb (Readerbuzz) Nance
Jan 20, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: animals, children
"Hi birdie! Are you flying home? Where do you live?"

A huge, friendly dog follows birdie and tries to discover where birdie lives. The pictures zoom in close to apples and leaves and lily pads and burrows and trees, with little flaps for lifting, so children can experiment and check themselves and play while reading this little board book.

It's a beautiful little adventure, with a satisfying ending, that children will want to read over and over with a parent or caretaker.
Baby Bookworm
Jan 29, 2019 rated it liked it
Shelves: our-reviews
Hello, friends! Our book today is Where Birdie Lives by Elena Tsvetaeva, a fun lift-the-flap board book that explores animals’ homes.

Spying a small blue bird flying by, the white dog asks “Are you flying home? Where do you live?” Passing by all manner of animal homes – such as burrows, trees, ponds, etc. – the dog peeks under the flaps of the book to find which spot the birdie calls home (with the reader’s help, of course). He finds all sorts of forest critters, but the birdie is nowhere to be f
Lilith Day
Jan 12, 2019 rated it really liked it
This book is about a bird. The dog wants to find out where the bird lives so he starts looking until eventually he figures out where birdie is.

What I like about this book, its written for a few stages.
For a baby who cannot talk, the text is simple and the illustrations are fun.
For a baby who is first learning, lifting the flaps are fun and keeps babies entertained.
For babies who can answer a little, saying no to doggie can be just as fun as finding out where birdie lives.

This book is just a
Stephanie
Feb 02, 2019 rated it really liked it
“Where Birdie Lives” is a cute quick story of a dog trying to find where the bird lives. It goes through a number of different locations and shows where other animals live till the dog finds the bird.
The book has thick board book pages with many lift flaps. The flaps are more made of a card stock material and are on top of the page.
My 3 year old loved the flaps and got a kick out of the surprise of the owl under a flap. My 5 year old loved the mole family and was able to read some of the story
Myranda Foether
Feb 02, 2019 rated it really liked it
I won this book from a giveaway and I'm so glad I did. I love kid's books and this one is fantastic. Yes, it is meant for younger kids but the artwork and interactive story (through lift a flaps) is fun and educational. The main character, a dog, looks everywhere for his bird friend and meets other animals along the way in this colorful book.

I can't wait to share this in my (future) classroom where I can see using this as a material for prepositions or even animal habitats.
Stacey
Feb 02, 2019 rated it it was amazing
*I won this book in a good read giveaway.*

I was so excited to win this book and couldn’t wait to get it! It is so sweet and the illustrations are wonderful, the pages are so bright and colorful. My little girl loved the book! This is a board book but great size and has lift flaps on the inside. Our daughter loves the lift flap books the most. She carried it around after we finished reading it a few times. Highly recommend.
Billie
Feb 05, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This lift-the-flap board book is a delightful book for ages up to three years old. Toddlers can search for the bird by lifting a flap. You will be able to have an age appropriate discussion on what you find underneath each one. This is an engaging book with captivating illustrations. I would recommend this book. I received a copy of the book from Goodread's Giveaways in exchange for a review. All opinions expressed are mine.
Loriann
Feb 12, 2019 rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: Babies and young children who are learning about habitats.
Recommended to Loriann by: Goodreads!
The main character, a dog, is curious to know where Birdie lives, so he searches under everything possible to make the discovery. "Where Birdie Lives" is a cute little cardboard peek-a-boo book for little ones.
Jean
Feb 13, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I received this book in a Goodreads Giveaway.
This is a simple, delightful, large (9"x9"), lift-the-flap board book for children ages 0-3. A dog searches for where a blue bird lives. It is colorful and has a good pace.
Alice
Feb 11, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: childrens
This was a Free giveaway book. Cute board book that is very appropriate for a toddler age child. Interactive for the child with peek a boo tabs.
Dylan Teut
Feb 09, 2019
Amber
Feb 02, 2019
Diane Naughton
Oct 18, 2018
Aniko Nagyne vig
Feb 04, 2019 rated it it was amazing
My little girl loved it! She could read it by herself, and kept going over an over it. I like the idea to show where the animals live, while the kids have fun looking under the flaps. Excellent kids book, with a few possible new words for the little ones, while having fun.

We received it as a goodreads giveaway, thank you!
Diane Naughton
  • The Sky is the Limit
  • My Name Is Curly
  • Don't Close Your Eyes: A Silly Bedtime Story
  • Pterodactyl Show and Tell
  • Didi Dodo, Future Spy: In Recipe for Disaster!
  • How High the Moon
  • Sprig the Rescue Pig
  • Hedgehog Needs a Hug
  • Flying Santa: How Santa Flies in the Sky
  • The Dragon's Hoard: Stories from the Viking Sagas
  • Miss Curiosity Saves the Cat
  • The Karate Kid (Pop Classics)
  • You Are My Magical Unicorn