Start by marking “Oath of Deception: Reign of Secrets, Book 4” as Want to Read:
Oath of Deception: Reign of Secrets, Book 4

Oath of Deception: Reign of Secrets, Book 4

(Reign of Secrets #4)

For Savenek, there is no greater honor than protecting Emperion. While other young men his age study a trade, he attends a secret, elite military academy where he has been honed into a lethal asset for his kingdom. He can gather information without detection and kill from the shadows. Saveneks own father is the schoolmaster, and he forces Savenek to train harder than any ...more
Published June 5th 2018 by Reign Publishing

To ask other readers questions about Oath of Deception, please sign up.
Jennifer Davis Allyssa is not in this one. Oath follows Savenek and what he's been up to. In the next book, the siblings are reunited and then you'll see Allyssa and…moreAllyssa is not in this one. Oath follows Savenek and what he's been up to. In the next book, the siblings are reunited and then you'll see Allyssa and Kerdan. (less)

Start your review of Oath of Deception: Reign of Secrets, Book 4
Carol Edholm
May 11, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: kindle
This book is amazing. Just when you have it figured out, or at least a few things figured out, there are new twists and turns and surprises. Much excitement, edge of your seat reading. Well worth being a part of this series of books!
Dee/ bookworm
Dec 29, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I love this series, but this is my least favorite of the series. This one built up Savenek but he seems distracted, and lets small things go that he should probably put together. I wanted to cheer for him, but I was strangely disappointed by his ability to be shallow in the beginning and egotistical in his demeanor. I am glad that his character does grow in the end and when it counts, he steps to the plate thus redeeming the book.
Kelly
Jul 13, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This book starts off at the same time as book one in the series, but letting you see where Savenek has been during that time and up until he learns who he is! Then it leaves it as a cliffhanger! I hate cliffhangers! Hehe!!

Savenek has always just wanted to be like his father and be part of the Brotherhood that keeps the Kingdom safe. He finally gets on a mission and ends up with a woman on this mission. They are assigned to make negotiations for weapons in another kingdom and to find out other
Leah Alvord
This was the perfect continuation of this series!

Taking place alongside the events of CoD1, this book introduces us to Savenek. Immediately, we feel as robbed of this person as Allyssa was. As a character, Savenek proves to be creative, skilled, pragmatic, and stealthy. He also has a few familial traits we have come to know and love over both the True Reign series and Reign of Secrets. Most of that comes in the form of a confidence that borders arrogance, dedication, the desire to constantly
Jan farnworth
Jun 01, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
If you wanted the back story about Savenek who shows up in the true reign series this is the book for you.  The story is amazing and fills in all the little details about the missing twin brother that you been asking for.  Old and new characters are introduced in this fast paced novel that will keep you guessing right up tell the end.  I was drawn into the story to the point where the everyday noise around me fading into a quite drone in the back of my mind.  I was absorbed into the story of ...more
Dvora
Feb 02, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I feel like Jennifer is in my head and knows exactly what I want to read. These series is really so amazing and this book is proof of that! I need more!!!!
Elisabeth Wheatley
I fell in love with the original Reign series when the author first debuted and I've been a devotee of the world ever since. I adored Allyssa (and Kerdan AHHH!) and I was excited for Savenek's book. I'm glad to say it didn't disappoint!

The worldbuilding is minimalist to avoid info-dumping. At the same time, the story introduces us not only to new layers in the known regions of the world, but new regions of the world.

The plot:

One of my favorite things about Davis's writing is the pacing. Oath of
Nadia
Dec 24, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
When I finished "cage of destiny" I was under the impression that it was the final book of this seriers. I was sad that I felt like there could be more, and wished we had learned more about Savenek. So imagine my surprise when I find out that there are not just one, but two more books out!
I am so thrilled that I discovered these books! Davis is bloody brilliant! Her books are way too short, and you are left wanting more every time, maybe thats the point? She does not drag thing out eternally,
Karyl Davide
Feb 17, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: unforgettables
Thought I'd hate this but.. Jennifer proved me wrong! Dead wrong.

Knowing Savenek made me appreciate and love this series more. Not only it connects to its parent series, quite tremendously, it has its own feel.
Somehow, reading it from a different person's view, made me realize that a story doesn't have just two sides. It takes up a hundred. Maybe more.

Here, the story picks up on Savenek's ordinary assassin-in-training life. Until it went upside down.
Here, we get to know Alyssa's twin brother.
Valery
Aug 16, 2019 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Very slow start to the story, the sort of ho-hum kind of way that makes you wonder if you are reading the right book, however, once the action started, it was good. Not superb. But good. Kind of left me with the feeling that this was a filler book, just trying to cover for the lack of ideas to continue the main storyline.

The writing quality also dropped in this book, leaving you wondering who edited the book. Idd words were used, such as gleam for glean, and there were more errors than the
Ivusha (Tenebien)
If it weren't so readable, I'd probably rate it with just one star. There were too many plot holes for my liking. I wish I were a beta reader to point all of them to the author and help her make it better, because otherwise this world and characters are quite enjoyable and I like reading it. :-) But it gets frustrating when you roll your eyes so often. :D
For example: How do people get provisions into the capital if almost nobody knows the way in and out? And that's just the tip of the
Ashlyn
Jan 10, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I've always been the person that gets so attached to one character's perspective, that when it's switched to a different character, I'm weary. Starting this book with Savenek's POV made me nervous that I wouldn't finish it. "It's not Allyssa. I don't even know Savenek. I don't wanna read it." *folds arms and pouts*
BUT!!! Thankfully, I muscled through the beginning and got into the story. It was awesome!! It takes place during Allyssa's story, before and during the kidnapping. It shows his life
Bullman
Mar 13, 2019 rated it liked it
Wanted to give more stars

The only thing keeping this book from being five star is the period correctness of some verbiage and a few parts that didn't quite make sense. Honestly most people probably wouldn't even be bothered by it. I love the storyline and the characters and will continue to buy all the forthcoming books, so please don't let the little minor discrepancies stop you. This series is definitely worth reading
Bluey Galaxy
Feb 27, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I knew it was one lady-in-waiting that loved sevenek. But which one? From the start I wished it was still allyssa being first person but then I really enjoyed seeing seveneks side. I liked how he can be a player sometimes. It made me laugh; the accident kiss with lare. I loved how sevenek liked ari. And her name could be switched like remas.
From birth to death, we are linked by blood.
I knew it had a bigger meaning to it!!!
Family...
(っ◔◡◔)っ ♥ Kasey ♥
Unfortunately, I really did not enjoy Oath of Deception as much a books 1-3. Going from Allysa's viewpoint to Savenek's seemed jarring and unnecessary during the series. After reading this book, I felt it may have been better to have been released as a novella?
Shannon Heck
Feb 23, 2019 rated it really liked it
Doesn't disappoint

This was a fast paced and interesting read. I enjoyed it. You just have to look past some things that seem silly, like sending 16 year olds out as spies. If you can suspend common sense over those things, it's a great book. It was interesting to see Savenek's life.
Andrea Dirks
Jun 20, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Oath of deception

This was a great story that tells you more of what was happening in other areas at the same time Alyssa was going thru what she was going thru. I hope more books are written I am anxious for Savenik and Alyssa to finally meet face to face. The only down side is the wait until the next book and I hope I don't forget about the series while I wait
Jul 07, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Oath of Deception

At first I was disappointed that this didnt start where I expected but months before. However, by the end I was pleased to be given those few months to get to know our character. I love that we are getting to see things from Saveneks side.
Estien Slabbert
Oct 05, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Team Savenek?

Did NOT anticipate loving this character sooooo much! And the female lead is amazing, definitely rivaling Alyssa although I do not expect any rivalry between the two ofcourse... So 4 December you say? Cant wait!
Erin McNabb
Apr 22, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Interesting turn in the series

I loved seeing some plot points through another characters point of view. Another quick paced story that is a fast but very satisfying read. Will start the 5th book immediately, can't wait to see how it ends!
Vanessa
Jul 30, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Enthralling!

This story is one of my absolute favorites in this series. A must read! I couldnt put it down! I really dont know how Ill wait for the next installment.
Yvonna Sherlock
Aug 03, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Good

Cait wait for the next book. There better be a lot more books, this series seem to be far from over.
Adrea Jackson
Nov 29, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Lovers this book!!

Perfectly clean, I love books I can let my teenager read! A great story line and I loved the characters
Hilary
Jul 26, 2018 rated it really liked it
Fun read.
Ed Fultz
Jun 12, 2018 rated it did not like it
Needs a help

Found the characters had little back ground. ARI who is she how did she get her skills.. what would have happened if she didn't have a twin.
Francesca
Nov 12, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Awwwww sookie sookie!!!!!! It just got reeeeeal.
Ramona klaudt
Jul 24, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Great read.

Loved seeing a different perspective from his side. A great series for young adults to teens. Cant wait to read the next book
Dennis Moss
Jul 27, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Next Chapter

I have read the complete journey of Allysa and Savenek, now let's connect them. Allysa has Kerdan, now Savenek has Mayra. When will the next book be out?
Kiona (Books and Cafes)
Mar 05, 2020 rated it really liked it
Actual Rating: 4.5/5

Review coming soon!
Kaka_shi
I liked this one SO much more.

• King's Warrior (The Aermian Feuds #4)
  • Enemy's Queen (The Aermian Feuds, #3)
  • Rebel's Blade (The Aermian Feuds, #1)
  • A Court of Lies (The Kingmakers' War, #6)
  • Crown's Shield (The Aermian Feuds, #2)
  • Spy's Mask (The Aermian Feuds #5)
  • A Circle of Flames (The Kingmakers' War, #4)
  • A Gift of Poison (The Kingmakers' War, #1)
  • A Bed of Blades (The Kingmakers' War, #2)
  • A Kiss of Treason (The Kingmakers' War, #3)
  • A Shield of Sorrow (The Kingmakers' War, #5)
  • The Domina (Ascension, #5)
  • The Bound (Ascension, #2)
  • A Reign of Thieves (the Kingmakers' War, #7)
  • Glass Kingdom (Fantasy and Fairytales, #4)
  • The Consort (Ascension, #3)
  • Siren's Lure (The Aermian Feuds #2.5)
  • Oath Taker (Kingdom of Runes, #1)
Jennifer Anne Davis graduated from the University of San Diego with a degree in English and a teaching credential. She is currently a full-time writer. Jennifer is the recipient of the San Diego Book Awards Best Published Young Adult Novel (2013), winner of the Kindle Book Awards (2018), a finalist in the Next Generation Indie Book Awards (2014), and a finalist in the USA Best Book Awards (2014).

Reign of Secrets (5 books)
  • Cage of Deceit (Reign of Secrets, #1)
  • Cage of Darkness (Reign of Secrets, #2)
  • Cage of Destiny (Reign of Secrets, #3)
  • Oath of Destruction (Reign of Secrets, #5)

News & Interviews