Start by marking “Lyric (Rebel, #1)” as Want to Read:
Lyric (Rebel, #1)

Lyric (Rebel #1)

4.39  ·  Rating details ·  271 Ratings  ·  115 Reviews
New York Times and USA Today bestselling author Molly McAdams delivers the first captivating, stand-alone novel in her REDEMPTION series spin-off—the REBEL series...

I’m not the kind of girl you forget.

I wish I was.

I wish I was normal.

That I could blend into a crowd. Have a future with the man I’ve loved my entire life . . .
Maxon James understands me in a way others can’t.

F
Published April 30th 2018 by Jester Creations, LLC

To ask other readers questions about Lyric, please sign up.
Debbie I just finished reading and it's not a cliffhanger. I believe each book will be about a different couple, with a lot of the same characters in each…moreI just finished reading and it's not a cliffhanger. I believe each book will be about a different couple, with a lot of the same characters in each book. I loved it.
(less)

Christy
Rating/Review to come

photo bbe4b431-e281-40f8-b9a6-886e25fb8857_zpsky7ygafv.png

Lana ❇✾Dirty Girl Romance❇✾
2 STARS
When I think of us . . . I think of loving you to the point of exhaustion.”

The blurb to this book hooked me immediately. I've been super curious to try a Molly McAdams book for a long while, and with this brand new series, I figured is a great place to start.

Unfortunately, I soon realized that this being my first Molly McAdams book was also the thing that was working against me. You see, while this was the first book in the series, it was clearly a spin-off from her earlier series, R
Jo - *✽*•.★Reading Is My Bliss★.•*✽*
A romance story laced with danger and suspense is the best way I would describe this exciting read.

‘Your heartbeat will always be my favourite song’

Libby has been in love with Maxon James since they were teenagers. He is a well known rock star in a band and travels all over the world. When he visits their home town they always hook up and enjoy a more physical side to their friendship. This is nothing serious or committed, they both know that his career is not conducive to a permanent arrangem
aNneMarLi - Chatterbooks Book Blog
Apr 29, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: mafia, series

OMFG! I am insanely addicted to Molly McAdams words! Goodness, this woman definitely knows how to captivate her readers. Lyric was a fantastic read and I can't get enough! It was a turbulent roller coaster ride and I pretty much devoured it from start to finish.

Mafia coupled with rockstar romance is pretty much not something I thought I would love. I want my mafia books into the darker, grittier, filthier side and packed full of actions but reading Lyric rectified that. I was in awe again w
Carlabulian
May 11, 2018 rated it really liked it
3,6. O enredo foi bem escrito, mas não me conectei com a história! Uma pena!
Karen Mc
Apr 24, 2018 rated it it was amazing

”The greatest hunter is silent, invisible, and attacks when you least expect it.”

HOLY HIGH! WHOA! What a WILD RIDE! LYRIC is Molly McAdams’ latest adrenaline-addicting and heart-hitting HIGH of a read, and I can’t stop FEELING this tale that touched me so much. It’s molten hot. It’s sugary sweet. It’s terrifyingly twisted. It’s all-consuming. This story consumed me. I WAS POSSESSED! Lyric was a predator and I was the prey. With its potent shot of shuddering suspense, sweet second-chance love
Amy
Apr 23, 2018 rated it it was amazing
“Libby was impulsive and wild and free in everything. The way she thought. The way she lived. The way she loved. If you told her not to do something, she’d do it just to show you that you couldn’t stop her. She was my rebel.”

“He made it hard to breathe. He made it hard to concentrate. He made it hard to remember why I hated him, when all I wanted was to fall into his arms and tell him how much I missed him.”

“I’ve always know I wanted forever with you. Just been waiting for you to get there with
Amber- Leave Me Alone I'm Reading
Another fantastic read by Molly McAdams! I read this in a day, I just could not put it down. I loved being back in the Redemption world. That series is awesome!! I really enjoyed Maxon and Libby’s story. The connection between the two of them, even after all their time apart, is just beautiful. It broke my heart at times to see them both suffering so much. But I always knew they’d find their way back to each other.
One of the great things about Lyric (and the Redemption series) is the amazing ca
RentasticReads
You know how there are stories that just hit you square in the chest, leaving you breathless and dazed? One where the emotions that barrel through you all throughout were so potent, they leave goosebumps dancing across your skin? One where the characters constantly leave you craving for more after every chapter you inhale? Yeah, this is absolutely one of those books. A couple of lines in, and I was instantly hooked and deeply invested in the story already.

“Your heartbeat will always be my favo
Courtney
Apr 27, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: arc
Oh Molly, Molly, Molly - what you have you gotten me sucked into?!?! Lyric is the first book a spinoff series from Redemption. While I only read one book in the Redemption series, I was in no way confused or felt like I was missing anything as I read this story. Honestly, this story makes me want to go back and read the other books just to know what happened in that series.

"Your heartbeat will always be my favorite song."

Libby and Maxon have been in each other lives forever. Maxon has always
Bookgasms Book Blog
Apr 28, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: ratula
Whenever I start a Molly Mcadams story I know I am in for a rollercoaster of epic proportions. I absolutely FLOVED her Redemption series and honestly could not wait to get my hands on Lyric. This story was painful, passionate, so emotional and just fantastic. I could not get enough of Libby and Maxon!

This story gutted me at times but like all stories by this author she also healed me with her beautiful words. I loved the passion and banter between Maxon and Libby and how simple misunderstandings
Michell Hall casper
Apr 08, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Who does that?!?! Who writes about secret mafia groups and still manages to leave her readers a blubbery mess. Molly McAdams that's who.

How far would you go for the one you loved?

I was so excited when I heard we were getting a full length novel of Libby and Maxon. And McAdams didn't disappoint. I was also excited we were getting a spin off series to the Redemption series. I can't get enough of these characters and this side of McAdams writing. I loved how McAdams changed the rolls in this book
Cranky - The Book Curmudgeon
Apr 25, 2018 rated it really liked it
4.5 Cranky Stars

Lyric was more than a rock star romance. It was filled with passion and drama and a mystery I kept turning pages feverishly to figure out. Just when I thought oh yeah it’s him well I was sadly wrong. I honestly love that in a book.

Libby is in love with Maxon. They have known each other since they were 15 but her life isn’t conducive to his lifestyle. She has secrets as deep as the ocean and she believes if she keeps Max at a distance he will be safe from her family and all that i
Shannon
Apr 26, 2018 rated it really liked it
4.5 stars!

Another amazing story from this author. I feel like I always get something new and exciting with every book from McAdams! Every word she writes is addictive. She has a way with her characters that makes me fall in love with each new one she creates.

This is a spin off series to the Redemption series. Lyric delivered suspense and angst. It's a second chance ,mafia and rock star book all tide together. Libby and Maxon have been in love with one another since they were teenagers. Libby i
Anne Milne
Apr 26, 2018 rated it it was amazing
So good to be back with these guys and all the drama that follows them around.

Libby and Maxon are like star crossed lovers the timing just never seems to be on their side. Libby has loved him since they were teenagers but Maxon is a rock star who’s never in one place long. They hook up when he’s hone but then go their separate ways.

Although he knows about her family he really has no idea what being part of a Mafia family entails. For her part Libby likes to live life out the spotlight she may
Nancy Metsch
Apr 23, 2018 rated it it was amazing
When your a Borella, your Mafia! Sometimes it's by blood other times it's by Oath. In Libby's case it's by blood. promises are made, contracts are written. Sometimes there is BLOOD!!!
Libby is a true Rebel in her family. Dont's tell her what to do or not do. Because you can bet she will do it her way
Libby doesn't live by mob rules. This could be a problem. The biggest problem is who she's in love with. ( Not telling you who it is) Her mother and brother think this is bad.
Molly's Mafia is ter
* A review copy was provided by the author for the Blog Tour *

~ 5 Rebellion Stars ~

FULL REVIEW to come for Blog Tour..... Another AMAZING book by Molly!! This new series is off to a GREAT start. This is a MUST READ!!

FULL REVIEW Now Posted::
HOLY MOLY!!! Molly is on fire when it comes to these romantic suspense stories. I devoured this book. I didn’t want to put it down.

Lyric is the first book in Molly’s spin off Rebel Series. This is a series that is going to focus on secondary characters that
Lisa
May 14, 2018 rated it it was ok
Lyric is book 1 of the spin off from Molly's Redemption Series.

The good:
Molly writes emotion like no one's business. She creates a connection with Lizzy and Maxon that, really, was the only thing that kept me reading.

The not so good:
If you haven't read the Redemption Series, you'll be lost. So many characters are introduced without any background given on them. I was, honestly, disappointed in this. It was as if you are expected to know who they are and what they've done in previous books. It
Melissa Fisher
May 17, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Mafia princess meet bad boy rocker!!

It's amazing how long you can know someone and not really know where they come from. You may have some idea but you don't always grasp the FULL concept, even though you know them. This story was an interesting mix. Mafia and rocker combined in one. And a good combination it was. This story made me think a little bit. What are you willing to sacrifice to protect those that you love. Even though in the end it hurts you more than them yet you sacrifice so much to
Crystal ♥ RBtWBC
3.5 Stars
*cringes at rating* I can't believe I just rated a Molly book under 4 stars. *sniffles*
I liked the story. I liked the characters. But it dragged.....a lot for me.
Review to come...
Red Cheeks Reads
Apr 30, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Libby and Mason have known each other for a long time and for a while now they have had an understanding- when Mason is in town they hook up and then move on. But that hasn’t stopped Libby nor Mason from falling for each other. Mason is back in town and for good and he is determined to make Libby his once and for all. But Libby’s life isn’t exactly safe and she will do everything she can including sacrificing her happiness to keep Mason safe. But he isn’t about to stand down and let that happen. ...more
Aurora (Whoo Gives A Hoot)
* Read more of my reviews at Whoo Gives A Hoot *
16779996_424694524540054_281417525_n
Ahhh! I have been EAGERLY anticipating this spin-off series ever since Molly McAdams first announced it shortly after the release of her final installment in her addictively captivating Redemption series...perhaps my favorite series of 2017 I might add!

After inhaling the first installment in the Rebel series, I am even more excited to be back in the Borello world because my goodness this family knows how to consume ones heart! Firefly aka Dare and
Christine (Shh Moms Reading)
Apr 30, 2018 rated it really liked it
So I LOVED the Redemption series and when I found out this was book 1 in a spin off series, I had to have it. And boy, Molly didn’t disappoint!

Maxon and Libby have been each other’s everything since they were teenagers. When Maxon makes it big with his rock star band Henley, it takes him away from his love but he always comes back. During those times, everything is bliss until he has to go away again...

Until he decides to stay...

You see Libby has always been “the one” for Maxon and now is his ch
Melissa J (Book Addicts Reviews)
4.5 rebel stars!! Molly McAdams has done it again. I know this is a spin off from “Redemption” but it fit right in.

This is book one from the “Rebel” series. This is a stand alone but I am freaking excited for the next book which looked to be about Einstein!!!

🖤 This book is about first love and second chances. But let’s go ahead and tie that in with psychopaths, the mafia, and stone cold killers. This is definitely a Molly McAdams book!!

“My world is born of shadows and kept hidden from view. Y
Eileen Robinson
Apr 26, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 5-star-reads, arcs
Holy WOW !!
This is a hot sexy Rockstar Romance, NO wait, its a high suspense Mafia Romance, no wait !! Who could ever write a book that combines these opposite ends of the chart? A book that absolutely bowled me over !!! Yep Molly McAdams.
Maxon, the delicious Rock Star and Libby, have been in love all their lives, but give each other no commitments.'He's always on tour, he's never home. His lifestyle isn't really one that shouts out, Faithful and Loyal right? But when he is home.. neither He n
Debbie
Apr 29, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I completely fell in love with the Redemption series, and when I saw that Rebel was a spinoff, I knew I would love it as well. I was NOT wrong.

These are all such great characters. I loved Libby as a secondary character, but I absolutely adored her as a leading lady. She’s strong and determined and so brave. The love she feels for Maxon is intense, and you could feel how deep their emotions ran as you read their words on each page. Maxon is such a sweetheart. He’s also got enough of that bossy,
Angie Crabtree-Liezel and Angie's Book Blog
This book was sooooo good!!!

When I found out that there was going to be a spin-off of The Redemption Series I was ecstatic!! I stalked Molly religiously waiting for the sign up to this book and I’m definitely not disappointed.

Rebel or Libby is Dare’s older sister. If you read Nightshade then you know who Dare is. Libby is tired of being told what to do in fact if she is told not to do it she will just to be a “rebel”. Not many want her with Maxon. For her safety and ultimately his.

Maxon is in
Becky Rendon
Apr 28, 2018 rated it really liked it
So glad to finally learn Libby's story! As a fan of the Redemption series, I have had a hard time saying goodbye or ignoring that I need so much more. Molly McAdams must have felt the same way because...Lyric.

Lyric is a second chance romance in a way. It's a rock star and a mafia romance book all in one. But it freaking works! It's not cliched or corny. It's serious and real in its intensity. Lyric is hopelessly romantic with darkness encroaching the happy. It's the monster under the bed.

My eag
Kristen
DNF around 30%

It’s obvious you need to be farmilar with the characters and the plots from the Redemption series, which I’m not, if you want to fully understand what is going on in this book. I highly suggest reading that series first before starting this one. Off to read the first book in the Redemption series.
Witchy Richey's Booktastic Reviews
I haven’t read the Redemption Series and I can tell you that you don’t need to in order to fall in love with this book but I’m uber intrigued to check it out!

I ate this read up in a matter of hours, unable to stop reading or put it down. Maxon and Libby are epic and throw in a whole Romeo and Juliette feel...at least that’s how I felt...a forbidden, family gets in the way kinda love.

Strong characters and a beautiful climb will leave you in suspense trying to figure out the mystery. Tons of ang
Molly grew up in California but now lives in the oh-so-amazing state of Texas with her husband, daughter, and fur babies. When she's not diving into the world of her characters, some of her hobbies include hiking, snowboarding, traveling, and long walks on the beach … which roughly translates to being a homebody with her hubby and dishing out movie quotes. She has a weakness for crude-humored movi ...more
More about Molly McAdams

Romance Deals

• Wild Kisses (Wildwood, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • A Dangerous Engagement (The Regency Spies of London, #3)
  • Trouble in Paradise
    $4.49 $1.99
  • Staying For Good (Most Likely To, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Miss Fortune (Lear Family Trilogy #3)
  • Almost Like Love
  • Party Girl
  • Cross My Heart
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Her Grave Secrets (Rogue River #3)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Married by Monday (The Weekday Brides, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • If I Didn't Know Better (The Callaways #9)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Beauty Queen (Lear Family Trilogy, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Life After Wife (Three Magic Words Trilogy, #3)
  • Incentive
    $3.99 $1.99
  • It Started With a Kiss (Sequoia Lake, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Fiancé by Friday (The Weekday Brides, #3)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Savage Urges (The Phoenix Pack, #5)
  • The Color of Water in July
    $4.49 $1.99
  • Knight Avenged (Circle of Seven, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Taken by Tuesday (The Weekday Brides, #5)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Kushiel's Dart (Phèdre's Trilogy, #1)
    $9.99 $2.99
  • A Forever Thing (Three Magic Words Trilogy, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Dead in Her Tracks (Rogue Winter, #2)
  • Flirting with Felicity
  • Long, Hot Texas Summer
  • You'll Think of Me
    $8.99 $1.99
  • Lily Love
    $1.99 $0.99
  • Forever is the Worst Long Time
    $4.99 $1.99
  • True to the Highlander (Loch Moigh #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Sweet as Sin (Bad Habit, #1)
    $3.49 $0.99
  • The Dollmaker (The Forgotten Files, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Fifth Grave Past the Light (Charley Davidson, #5)
    $8.99 $2.99
  • The Heart of Betrayal (The Remnant Chronicles, #2)
    $7.80 $2.99
  • Shameless (White Lies Duet #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Burn for You (Slow Burn, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Be Mine Forever (St. Helena Vineyard, #4)
  • Playing It Safe
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Sweet Lake (Sweet Lake #1)
  • The Barefoot Summer
    $4.49 $1.99
  • Smart Girl (The Girl's #3)
  • Falling Together
    $10.74 $1.99
  • Warrior's Revenge
  • Lily's White Lace
    $4.49 $1.99
  • A Viscount's Proposal (The Regency Spies of London, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Fear For Me: A Novel of the Bayou Butcher (For Me, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Hangman (The Forgotten Files #3)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Stone Walls (True Heroes, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Things I Can't Forget (Hundred Oaks, #3)
    $9.99 $2.99
  • Flashpoint (Troubleshooters, #7)
    $7.99 $1.99
  • Break Me (Corrupted Hearts, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Shark (Forgotten Files, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Black and Green (The Ghost Bird, #11)
    $4.99 $1.49
  • The Wager
  • Enrage (Eagle Elite )
    $2.99 $1.49
  • Spiral of Need (The Mercury Pack, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Treasured by Thursday (The Weekday Brides, #7)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Infraction (Players Game, #2)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Fated (Dark Protectors, #1)
    $9.99 $2.99
  • Material Girl (The Fancy Lives of the Lear Sisters, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Beauty of Darkness (The Remnant Chronicles, #3)
    $7.80 $2.99
  • Summer in Napa (St. Helena Vineyard, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Devil's Daughter (Hidden Sins #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Fraternize (Players Game, #1)
  • P.S. from Paris
  • The Rules of Regret
    $3.99 $1.99
  • In Shining Whatever (Three Magic Words Trilogy, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Follow Me (Corrupted Hearts, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Sweet Girl (The Girl's Series Book 2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Lost and Found Sisters (Wildstone, #1)
    $7.99 $1.99
  • The Trouble with Tomboys (Tommy Creek #1)
    $3.99 $0.99
  • All There Is (Juniper Hills, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Soul and Blade (Blood and Bone, #3)
    $3.49 $0.99
  • To Win Her Favor (Belle Meade Plantation #2)
    $7.99 $1.99
  • Nobody's Baby But Mine (Chicago Stars, #3)
    $4.74 $1.99
  • Delta: Redemption (Delta, #3)
  • The Curiosity
    $7.99 $1.99
  • Dealing Double (Heartbreaker, #2)
  • Spin (Spin, #1)
    $7.74 $0.99
  • On Her Father's Grave (Rogue River #1)
  • Before Goodbye
    $1.99 $0.99
  • Blood and Bone (Blood and Bone, #1)
    $3.99 $0.99
  • Hot Shot (Hostile Operations Team, #5)
  • The Way Life Should Be: A Novel
    $11.74 $1.99
  • The Yellow Rose Beauty Shop (Cadillac, Texas #3)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Force of Temptation (Mercury Pack, #2)
  • Wildalone
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Hard to Let Go (Hard Ink, #4)
    $5.99 $1.99
  • By Your Side
    $9.99 $1.99
  • The Comfort of Secrets (Sweet Lake #2)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Fierce Obsessions (The Phoenix Pack, #6)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • It's In His Heart (Red River Valley, #1)
  • Wicked Angel
    $6.99 $1.99
  • Midnight Secrets (Wildefire, #1)
    $7.99 $0.99
  • The Wind Dancer (Wind Dancer, #1)
    $5.99 $1.99