Start by marking “Bound and Determined (Fort Reno #1.5)” as Want to Read:
Bound and Determined (Fort Reno #1.5)

Bound and Determined

(Fort Reno #1.5)

As punishment for his recklessness, Private Bradley Willis is ordered to help a retired cavalry officer move a herd across Indian Territory. No one told him he'd be herding camels or that the captain's daughter would join them on the trail. Despite the mysterious incidents halting their progress, Bradley has to get this herd to Texas--or lose his commission.
Kindle Edition
Published May 1st 2018 by Bethany House Publishers

To ask other readers questions about Bound and Determined, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Bound and Determined

Beth
Mar 12, 2018 rated it really liked it
Regina Jennings is yet another author that I think I should be reading more of. I've read her first novel. I know I enjoyed it, but I don't remember the same amount of humor that is present in this novella. I certainly wasn't prepared for the idea that camels play a huge role in the story, both from a humor stand point but also as a matter of poignancy. What could have been a set up for cheesiness or slap stick humor provides a unique circumstance for the story, setting up for some pithy dialogu ...more
Caitlyn Santi
May 02, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I've loved the three previous books I've read by this author, and this novella was no exception! Regina's books are always so unique and fun that I am sucked in from page one and hate to stop reading, such was the case with this novella! The camels brought such a unique element to the story! I loved both Bradley and Ambrosia, there were so many humorous moments in their adventure that I loved, and the way both their characters developed was awesome! I loved this novella, I think it just may be m ...more
Erin
Mar 09, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Do you love a good adventure with fun and unique angles? "Bound and Determined" checks all the right boxes, and was a pure delight with its originality and wit.

Private Bradley WIllis will be familiar to readers of Jennings' Fort Reno series. As someone not always in good graces with his superior officers, Bradley often finds himself needing to prove his merit and worth to the cavalry. After another questionable incident, Bradley is given the task of escorting a retired captain across Indian terr
Becky
Sep 26, 2018 rated it really liked it
First sentence:
August 1885
East of Fort Reno, Indian Territory
"I don't want to die on an empty stomach. Oh, please, don't let me die hungry." Private Morris smashed his had down flat as he leveled his pistol against a shelf of rock.
Premise/plot: Ambrosia is bound and determined to stop her father's plan of herding camels. Her father, a retired captain, is convinced that camels are the next big thing--that camels are better equipped for the old west than horses. His daughter is not convinced. Her
Trisha Robertson (Joy of Reading)
This fun story takes us on a bit of a journey across the hot, sun-baked land of Oklahoma. Private Bradley Willis is assigned to accompany retired Army Officer, Herald across Indian Territory as they herd not cattle, but Camels. More surprises are in store as Bradley realizes that Officer Herald’s daughter is also along for the trip, and she is trying to keep them from getting to Texas.

(I receive complimentary books for review from publishers, publicists, and/or authors, including Netgalley. I a
ضحى الحداد
May 22, 2018 rated it really liked it
That was a really enjoyable ride .. with the camels no less
the story is very cute about private Willis and his journey with General Harold and his daughter Ambrosia to get a herd of camels to a safe place away from danger, I enjoyed the relationship in this novella and it went smoothly with me :)
Angela
Apr 24, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Yes its a novella! Its also one of the best full story novellas I've read and I LOVED it!! The camels are hilarious and adorable and I want my own herd of them, LOL! The witty and flirtatious banter between Bradley and Ambrosia had me smiling from page to page! But before you think this is just a sweet little romance, a fluff piece, suddenly a gang of outlaws shows up and the action and suspense kicks in!! I read this in an afternoon and was enchanted!
BlueJeansAndTeacups
Mar 09, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Bound And Determined – a Fort Reno Series Novella by Regina Jennings
LOVED IT
August 1885, East of Ft. Reno, Indian Territory
Once again Private Bradley Willis, has made a snap decision that has landed him in hot water.
For retribution, he will be sent off to help a former cavalry officer, Captain Herald, move his heard across the plains and back home to Texas.
However, when he arrives he is stunned to learn the heard is camels! In addition, he will meet his match in gumption with the officer’s da
Elly
Sep 04, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: finished
If not for the fact that I'd already read the first book in this series...I STILL would've loved this novella!!
Wow! I absolutely fell in LOVE with everyone in this story, including the camels! Lol, they were such weird little oddballs, but completely ADORABLE. And smart!
I had already liked the character of Bradley Willis after reading "Holding the Fort" (book #1 in the "Fort Reno" series), but this story brought him more fully to life and I was able to understand him better. Once again, he h
Linda
Dec 09, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Private Bradley Willis is in trouble again. As punishment, he is sent to help a retired cavalry officer move a herd of animals through Indian Territory. What he doesn't know is that the animals are camels and the officer's daughter, Ambrosia, has been sent by her mother to sabotage the trip.

This novella follows the first book in the Fort Reno series by Regina Jennings where we met Bradley being disciplined for one stunt after another. The reason Bradley joined the cavalry was so he could ride a
Alysha (For The Love of Christian Fiction)
Story #3 was written by the wonderful Regina Jennings. This was book 2 to her "Fort Reno" series.

I have yet to pick up book 1, but after reading this story there is no doubt that I'll grab it soon. I think this was probably my favorite story out of the collection. Though they all had their charms, something about this one had me smiling from ear to ear.

I loved Private Bradley, he was such a care-free spirit, but underneath that young "kid" was a thoughtful gentleman! He was a loyal in everything
Sandra
Jan 24, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This novella by Regina Jennings is part of the Fort Reno series and is delightful. I have read many of her books and I am always entertained. Some are a little more lighthearted than others. This series has been full of adventure, romance, fun and some twist and turns.
Even though Private Bradley Willis saved the entire troop, he disobey orders and played alone maverick to do so. He is now being punished and has to take this mysterious assignment to save his commission. He has been ordered to he
Kim  Gregory
Nov 28, 2018 rated it really liked it
This is a cute story about people looking beyond themselves and to what others may truly need.

Ambrosia and her mother don't want the camels to make it to their new home in Texas. Ambrosia's father needs the camels as a reminder of who he was and those he'd lost. Bradley needs to prove himself so his superiors will look favorably on him again.

The journey is difficult and fraught with danger, but the camels add some very humorous moments.

I didn't read the first story in the series, but I didn't
Brittany
Mar 11, 2018 rated it it was amazing
These two main characters had strong wills and lots of determination. There was plenty of humor sprinkled throughout this novella, yet it had its serious moments, as well. If ever there was the complementary companion for Bradley Willis, it was Ambrosia Herald. I loved the way they connected and fell for each other.

I received a complimentary copy of this book. All opinions are my own.
Melissa
Mar 21, 2018 rated it liked it
This was an okay story. It took me several days to read due to life in general, but it didn't pull me in enough to make it a priority. That being said, I am curious about the other characters in this story that have their own books....I'd like to read them.....eventually.
Amy Grochowski
May 05, 2018 rated it really liked it
Clever and fun

The banter and antics of the two main characters make this novella charming and fun. And the camels... well, I doubt you've read a western tale like this one. I hadn't. Loved it.
Beverly Jones
Jul 07, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Camels

An enjoyable fun read with camels thrown into also. Fun exciting and a page turner. Learned that these animals were used in the army.
Sara Cardon
Mar 23, 2018 rated it it was amazing
So cute. She's determined to scare away any cowboy who tries to help her father, but this calvaryman catches on to her plan. These two are so funny. Loved it!
Liz
May 21, 2019 rated it liked it
This was a cute little story about Bradley. Also, very humorous to picture the calvary on camels instead of horses. Made me wonder if there was any truth to the story of the camels...
Tiffany
Jun 15, 2019 rated it it was ok
I found Ambrosia to be annoying. The relationship seemed rushed too. Kisses only
Crystal Barnes
Feb 14, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Love the camels! Great read. Very unique.
Wilani Wahl
Mar 10, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Very interesting story. Camels added to this story. I want to read more from this author.
Ruth Jessen
Dec 13, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Camels in the cavalry...

Two more stubborn and ornery characters I don't think you find. It they learned how to overcome obstacles, communicate, and survive...A great story!
Christina
Apr 25, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Short and sweet. I enjoyed the read.
Ashley Johnson
Dec 30, 2018 rated it really liked it
I love this cute novella!!! So much adventure and humor! Private Willis is my absolute favorite! Best character in this series!
Tiffany
Jul 02, 2018
Lydia Yager
Aug 24, 2018
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 next »

• The Love Knot (Ladies of Harper's Station, #2.5)
  • Romancing the Bride (Frontier Vows, #1)
  • The Bride Blunder (Prairie Promises, #3)
  • Love's Far Country
  • The Preacher's Wife
  • Hope for the Holidays Historical Collection
  • One Enchanted Eve (Enchanted Christmas Collection #2)
  • The Captive Heart
  • The Vow (An Uncertain Choice, #0.5)
  • Love Finds You in Sundance, Wyoming
  • A Baby Between Them (Irish Brides, #3)
  • A Promise to Love (Michigan Northwoods, #2)
  • One Plus One Equals Trouble (Love that Counts #1)
  • Mistaken Bride (Irish Brides, #2)
Regina Jennings is a graduate of Oklahoma Baptist University with a degree in English and a history minor. She has worked at The Mustang News and First Baptist Church of Mustang, along with time at the Oklahoma National Stockyards and various livestock shows. She now lives outside Oklahoma City with her husband and four children.

Fort Reno (3 books)
  • Holding the Fort (Fort Reno, #1)
  • The Lieutenant's Bargain (Fort Reno, #2)
  • The Major's Daughter (Fort Reno, #3)