Start by marking “The Invisible Thread (The Unbreakable Thread, #2)” as Want to Read:
The Invisible Thread (The Unbreakable Thread, #2)

The Invisible Thread

(The Unbreakable Thread #2)

One decision was all it took for Ethan Fuller’s life to be flipped upside down and for Maci Dane’s twenty-year plan to fall off the rails.

Ethan tells Maci about the invisible thread that links two people destined to be together. The road isn’t always smooth, but eventually the two people holding the thread will find their way to each other.

They found their way together
Published April 23rd 2018 by Books by LS, LLC

To ask other readers questions about The Invisible Thread, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Invisible Thread

Start your review of The Invisible Thread (The Unbreakable Thread, #2)
book bruin
Apr 16, 2018 rated it liked it
Maci and Ethan’s journey was filled with lots of highs and lows. The Invisible Thread is the conclusion to their emotional story and should only be read after reading book 1, The Power to Break.

I loved being back in the world of VAIL, but sadly, this one was a miss for me. I appear to be in the minority though, so perhaps I just wasn’t in the mood for the heavy angst and drama. The writing was stellar and Lisa Suzanne really immerses the reader in the rock star world. I also loved the behind the
Na
Apr 17, 2018 rated it really liked it
"You can't stop destiny."

The Invisible Thread is book two in The Unbreakable Thread Series. And to me a great conclusion to Ethan and Maci's story. I enjoyed every page of their journey, on the road to finding the person who's holding the thread.

"She is home. She's the piece I didn't even know was missing."

With the turns of events at the end of The Power To Break the road turned a lot more rockier for Maci and Ethan. Obstacles like lies, trust issues, holding on grudges and things that happened
Karen
Dec 13, 2018 rated it liked it
I loved the "invisible thread" premise. I think the idea pulled these stubborn fools along in the story of their lives. Wow, how could both main characters be so grungy? It got tiresome and wasteful of time....such a HEA, all forgiven.
Siobhan
Sep 13, 2018 rated it really liked it
The Power to Break, the first book in Lisa Suzanne’s The Unbreakable Thread duet, instantly won me over. I adored it, finding myself desperate for book two and more of the things I’d come to love. With the book containing some of my favourite romance elements – a rock star romance and a revenge story – it goes without saying I was more than willing to dive into The Invisible Thread.

Without a doubt, The Invisible Thread was a wonderful conclusion to the duet. Everything came together so well, and
B. C. Booklover
Jan 06, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Can people change?

I'll admit, I really thought Ethan was a gigantic, immature ass in Mark and Reese's Destiny trilogy. He seemed like such a petulant, babyish manho and liked to stir up trouble wherever he could find it, dragging others down to with him. I wanted to continue my binge of the world of Vail and that meant reading this duet that featured my 'un- favorite manchild, Ethan Fuller.

Nothing hurts worse than going back to those uncomfortable high school days when one person's hurtful words
Vanessa (nessreads)
Apr 21, 2018 rated it really liked it
*ARC kindly provided in exchange for an honest review*

4 "It is what it is" Stars

The Invisible Thread is the conclusion to Maci and Ethan's story. And after the end of how The Power to Break ended, it had me itching to find out how Maci and Ethan's rocky story would end.

Maci and Ethan were two very stubborn people. Their back-and-forth banter gave me a headache. Instead of communicating with one another they always assumed and jumped to conclusions. Their relationship was toxic, and at times I t
Chelé-----4 The Love of Books
The Invisible Thread is the explosive conclusion to Ethan & Maci's story!

So we pretty much start off where we ended in book 1. Ethan and Maci are so tumultuous, fire, angsty and stubborn! There's so much intensity between them and when Ethan finds out what Maci has been hiding from him and why.....he doesn't take it so well. In fact, Ethan admits to holding grudges.

It was hard at times watching their insecurities, their fears and their doubts take over. You can tell they're right for each other
Kasey Sullivan
Apr 12, 2018 rated it liked it
It amazes me how writers come up with personalities of their characters. Do they know someone like that or see it on tv?
With Maci, it just amazes me that someone can blame their whole life around one comment some boy made. It's just crazy. I feel bad for her that she cared that much and didn't feel like she had any other choice.

I skimmed a lot of this book because they continued to go back and forth with how they felt and what they wanted.

I liked Ethan a little more in this book than the firs
Lisa
Apr 24, 2018 rated it liked it
Can I just start by saying that I loved getting to see Vail from a different perspective. I liked seeing Mark and Reese as secondary characters and getting background on Ethan, the band's drummer. I think that Lisa does such an exceptional job at getting all the details correct. It's obvious that she did her research which made the reader feel like they really had a backstage pass.

I wish I felt more of a connection with Ethan and Maci. The small issue I had with book 1, became a bigger issue in
Meredith Wilson
Apr 16, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Once again, Lisa Suzanne penned a phenomenal tale full of angst, revenge, love, forgiveness and second chances. The Invisible Thread is a wonderful and entertaining conclusion to Ethan & Maci’s story, which began in The Power To Break. These two will need to be read in order to fully understand their journey.

Twenty years ago, Ethan broke her heart with a few simple words and Maci has never been able to get past that. Instead, she has been focused on one day getting her revenge, and what better c
Joy Novel Thoughts
Apr 18, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: kindle-unlimited
The Invisible Thread was worth the wait! I had been living in a state of suspended reality while waiting for it to release and oh my gosh, it was amazing! I wasn't the biggest fan of Maci in the first book, but she was redeemed in my eyes!! I actually understood her better in this book than the first and I felt that I could relate to her more.

The drama and angst was off the freaking charts in The Invisible Thread, so many ups and downs and heartbreaks and omg! Ahh. The story was so intense. Just
Doris
Apr 13, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This book is exactly the reason I’m a fan of this author. The Invisible Thread starts out right where The Broken Thread left off with dreams being crushed, hearts broken and the revenge plan on again/off again along with one huge surprise in itself. Ethan is definitely the bad boy rock star in every way possible and Maci is a talented rocker herself who is the opening act on tour for Vail. Revenge is what brought Maci and Ethan back together again after years apart but you know what they say abo ...more
Lisa
Apr 22, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Rating: 4.5*

There is definitely an invisible thread between Maci and Ethan that keeps them connected and pulls them back to each other. This is the continuation of Maci and Ethan's story and The Power to Break must be read first.

It picks up where The Power to Break left off, after the revelations of the past and the present. These events send Ethan into default mode.

This was angsty and kept me on edge as these two tried to reconcile their emotions and their wants. It was busy and chaotic like th
Lindsay
May 10, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This is the 5th book set in The VAIL world & I have LOVED EVERY SINGLE ONE OF THEM! I can’t wait for the next VAIL series! I love these boys so much! I’m sad I’m finished, but I LOVED how it ended! All the happy tears & ALL THE FEELS! Reading this book gave me hope that my guy is out there somewhere holding the other end of my Invisible Thread & that I’ll meet him one day! I'm going to miss spending my afternoons & nights with Ethan, Maci, Mark, Reese & the whole Gang! I'm hoping for more of my ...more
Elsa Gomes (BookishAurora)
Rate: +5 / 5 stars

Lisa Suzanne completely blew my mind with this conclusion to Ethan and Maci's story. Boy, you all know I live for angst, right? Well this book had it in full. I felt everything, every single emotion these two felt. And it honestly blew me away.
I had been so anxious to read this book and see how it would all play out and how these two would end up together and oh boy what a roller coaster.

Maci kept on questioning Ethan's actions, thinking he was still fucking every girl that
Kelly
Apr 15, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I have to thank Lisa Suzanne for giving us a backstage pass into the life of Vail. The Invisible Thread was everything I wanted in a book and more.

The Invisible Thread is the conclusion to The Unbreakable Thread duet and continues the story of Ethan and Maci. These two are so push and pull, so hot and cold but when they do come together, your Kindle will heat up with the chemistry between them.

Maci describes Ethan perfectly. "You were corrupt and experienced and everything I wanted but nothing I
Eileen Robinson
Apr 17, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: arcs, 4-star-reads
This book takes up where the first book, "The Unbreakable Thread" left off.
Maci has been keeping secrets, Ethan kind of knows this, Now it's time to come clean, but can these two stubborn, grudge holding, people really survive when it all hits the fan?
If you love the angst and drama, you get it in bucket loads with both Maci & Ethan. I both loved and was frustrated with them in the first book, and equally so in this conclusion. Yet again this author kept me rivited, If anything i think i was dr
Reckless Readers
Apr 23, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I really loved this second half of Maci and Ethan's love story.
I have to admit for awhile there Ethan goes off the rails, this reader was scared for that future.
Maci puts herself out there again. Her character is always so strong and now she just wants him to be her rock. It's not an easy road they are traveling on and they have to make decisions while hardly speaking.
It's not the storyline everyone is expecting though, that's what makes this stand out. Some times things happen for a reason. T
Bookworm Between the Sheets
Shelves: arcs
I I have just fallen in love with Lisa’s rockstars in these Rock Star Romance book series and she writes the BEST Male Point of View! I went through all the emotions with Ethan! You MUST check out Drummer Ethan Fuller and his hopeful leading lady MACI DANE inspired by the Amazingly Talented P!NK and her hit song Beautiful Trauma!
Jamie
Apr 19, 2018 rated it liked it
I think this one was a miss for me guys. I just couldn't connect with Ethan or Maci's stubbornness, or constant tantrums.

With that being said I would also like to note how wonderful the writing was and how much I fully enjoyed being back in Vail's world. #vailtail 🙌

If you want to rock out like I true rock star Ethan is your man!

I can't wait to see who's story we get next!

"V-A!"
"I-L!"
"Vail! Vail! Vail!"
🎸🎤🙌
Jen
May 26, 2019 rated it did not like it
Jesus Christ, why? This is the conclusion to a needless cliffhanger. I don't get what the point of any of this was. And this was simply a collection of scenes with no cohesion and the characters motivations varied from moment to moment. It was exhausting.
Kristy
Feb 25, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Finally Ethan gets it all figured out♥️♥️♥️♥️
Hanna's Book Obsession
Apr 21, 2018 rated it really liked it
{I received this as an ARC in exchange for an Honest review}

I love Ethan and Maci! I was so excited to read this book! The ending of "The Power to Break" had me dying to see what they were going to do in this one. Split into two parts we get to see the past before jumping right back into the present. I really liked getting more details into Maci and Ethan's past. It really helps us see more into them as characters and why they react the way they do. The very beginning of part two seemed a littl
Amy Malek Concepcion
This was a great duet. I really enjoyed Ethan and Maci' s story. I liked getting more of their backstory/history in this one . And just like in book one, the angst was up there as well as the chemistry, banter and sexual tension. At one point I was really scared at what was going to happen but it all worked out. I loved the lyrics! And the epilogue was great.
Nate Brightman
Jan 18, 2020 rated it liked it
The Invisible Thread is the 2nd book in Lisa Suzanne’s 2 book The Unbreakable Thread Series. I honestly found the premise upon which this series was built upon ridiculous even for a contemporary romance book where fantasy is a given part of the story. The idea that Dani Maynes shy innocent, good girl high school sophomore now 32 year old kick ass multi-platinum record selling woman rocker Maci Daynes focused 17 years of her life plotting to get even with Ethan Fuller for a crude remark he made a ...more
Smashlybookalicousreviewingchicks
The Invisible Thread is the conclusion to Maci and Ethan’s story, so you will need to read book one, The Power to Break before reading this book as it is a duet (The Unbreakable Thread). At the end of book one we were hanging by that thread waiting to see what transpires and the beginning of this book picks up right where it left off, so you didn’t have to wrack your brain on memory to get back into the story.
Maci is still set on revenge, but feelings are twisting with if she can continue her c
Colleen  (The Book Lover Blog)
The Invisible Thread is book two in The Unbreakable Thread duet, and it is told in two parts. Part One is set in the past and Part Two takes place in present time.

I love Lisa Suzanne’s writing. I want to live inside her head for a day and party with the rock stars. The world, the people, and the atmosphere she creates, you can picture it perfectly and you want to be there. Also, her original song lyrics throughout the story are a great addition!

Now...I love Ethan, but sometimes I wanted to sha
Sara Gross
Apr 13, 2018 rated it really liked it
I really liked the conclusion to Ethan and Maci's story. It pretty much started where the first book left off. Maci had a long revenge plan to execute on Ethan and nothing ends up the way she had planned. She fell for him - AGAIN. This half of the story was about coming clean, telling the truth, and finding out if they could move forward together after all the cards were laid out on the table. Ethan is stubborn, and slightly immature, and likes to handle his problems with booze, drugs, and women ...more
Crystal's Book World ~ Crystal Cordova
First of all....Why do I decide to start a Lisa Suzanne book on a Sunday evening knowing I need to be up and early the next Monday with kids and work. Let me tell you all...this book needs to come with a warning label.....And I made one that matched what I went through....

WARNING: You may lose your heart in these characters. Emotionally you will be a wreck. You will love Ethan and Maci one second, then be cursing at them the next. Your family might think you have lost your mind. And when all the
Diane Holtry
Apr 23, 2018 rated it it was amazing
While book 1 was about discovering or perhaps rediscovering a love of long ago, book 2 addresses the catastrophic collision of truths and lies.

Ethan struggles are heartbreaking. Reading about his family struggles and seeing his heart shattered made for an emotional read. His self doubt and lack of self worth for what he feels he doesn't deserve had me rooting for his success in finding love and all that he deserves.
But when Ethan falls on past habits I just wanted to shake some sense into him.
M
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »

• Sweet Temptation (Players #3)
  • Replay
  • Such Great Heights (Blue is the Color, #3)
  • Watch Me Unravel (Blue is the Color, #2)
  • Under The Bridge (Blue is the Color, #4)
  • Rockstar Lost (Wilder Rock #2)
  • Hinder
  • Wycked Crush (Wycked Obsession, #1)
  • Wycked Rumors (Wycked Obsession, #2)
  • Paine (Rosewood High #2)
  • Detour
  • The Album (Cruise Control, #1)
  • Times Like These (Blue is the Color, #1)
  • Dirty Like Zane (Dirty, #6)
  • Hot Mess (Players #1)
  • Play Dirty (Brooklyn Dawn #1)
  • Never Again (Never Blue #2)
  • Dirty Like Dylan (Dirty #4)
Lisa Suzanne is a romance author who resides in Arizona with her husband and two kids. She’s a former high school English teacher and college composition instructor. When she's not chasing or cuddling her kids, she can be found working on her latest book or watching reruns of Friends.

The Unbreakable Thread (2 books)
  • The Power to Break (The Unbreakable Thread, #1)