Start by marking “Ruler of Rats (Rats: Tori #1)” as Want to Read:
Ruler of Rats (Rats: Tori #1)

Ruler of Rats

(Rats: Tori #1)

Tori has lived her life in the shadows as a Rat. And now, she wants to make a difference. By completing one task, Tori and her husbands can seal her position as the next Ruler of Rats, and from there she can change the world. All she needs to do, is steal a necklace. A Steampunk Reverse Harem Heist.
Published March 7th 2018 by Independently published

To ask other readers questions about Ruler of Rats, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Ruler of Rats

Jessica Robbins
Oct 19, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: own-kindle

If you are looking for a cute short story about one woman and her men as they go on a job together then this is the novella for you. I can easily see why it was in the Corsets and Cogs anthology thanks to Tori's intriguing little outfit that sounds really cute I must say. This group has a nice relationship and work well together giving us a look at the world they live in. Great steampunk novella that I r
Jennifer G
Mar 09, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: reverse-harem
Tori has lived her life in the shadows as a Rat and dreams of making a difference. By completing one task, Tori and her husbands can seal her position as the next Ruler of Rats, and from there she can change the world. All she needs to do is steal a necklace.

Ruler of Rats is the prequel to a new series debuting later this year; a RH steampunk retelling of the Pied Piper, in which the Piper is a renowned female singer. This novella focuses on the Rats, the unwanted, the lowest sewer-dwelling clas
Lilith Bealove
Laura Greenwood
Jun 19, 2019 added it  ·  (Review from the author)
Rats: Tori is a series of short standalone one shot stories.
1. Ruler of Rats: books2read.com/rulerofrats
2. Collector of Rats: books2read.com/collectorofrats
3. Yuletide of Rats: books2read.com/yuletideofrats
Boxed Set: Rats: Tori: books2read.com/ratstori

You can also join my Goodreads Reader Group for new release alerts, spoiler threads, and more!
==> https://www.goodreads.com/group/show/...
Shannon
Oct 14, 2018 rated it liked it
I enjoyed this short story - main character is a badass female in charge with ambition. Definitely not a damsel in distress.
Emma
Tori is a Rat - human, but a kind of informal underclass in a steampunk society. Her mission is to become the youngest leader of the Rats in history, and to do it she'll need the skills of her four (yes, four) handsome husbands.

The writing's good, but I found that half the story was devoted to Tori not getting distracted (though totally being distracted) by how handsome one or another of the husbands were. Maybe this is just me not caring much for the heavy romance element which overshadowed the
Douglas Williamson
Nov 13, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This is a short story introduction to the author's steampunk retake on the Pied Piper story.

Okay, I think I've finally got it. It took me a couple of stories to get into the author's style, but now things are starting to flow for me. There is a simple dry sense of humor that percolates through her stories which helps keeps things from getting too dark. And the characters are always well developed, with more depth revealed in each subsequent story.

As a short story, we don't get lots of time to de
Donna
Oct 21, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This short story introduces us to Tori, the future ruler of the Rats, a 'subspecies' of people (according to the ruling nobles) who are seen as not even human, and their very existence is illegal. She and her four husbands are running a mission to retrieve a necklace known as the Everlasting Eye, as her initiation rite to become the next Ruler of Rats. It's an exciting read, full of twists and turns, and a good short story, with a final teaser for the first book in the series - a twist on the Pi ...more
Amanda
Oct 16, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Wasn’t sure what to expect, but the read was fast passed and I’m not even sure if she even actually accomplished what she wanted (all I can say without spoiling to much). For me it felt like I jumped right in the middle of a scene and just couldn’t connect to the characters, like I do in the other Laura Greenwood’s books.. I did love the detail on the clothing, I could picture Tori’s outfit. Just not sure if the characters changed into Rats, were actually rat people, or just considered a Rat spe ...more
Book Addict
Mar 12, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This is a great short prequel for Laura’s story coming out in the Steam Punk RH analogy later in the year! This book is an intriguing insight into what will come in the next book and I love being introduced to Tori and her husbands. This book introduces us to the amazing and dangerous world Tori lives in and how she wants to make it better. This is just a small taste of who these guys are but it really captivates the reader and leaves you wanting more. I cannot wait for the next book to cover me ...more
Teresa
*eArc from Booksprout And purchased it from Amazon*
Laura Greenwood has quickly become one of my top 10 authors. Her reverse harems are some of the best I have read so far. This story is easy to get into, with a good plot and plenty of action. I would have given it 5 stars but it is just too short, which makes it almost impossible to get to know the characters. This is the 1st book of a series so hopefully we can get to know them little by little. I enjoyed it so much that I bought the book after
Lena Muo
Mar 31, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I've received an ARC of this book in exchange for an honest review

This was a short and enjoyable easy read. Tori, is hoping to be leader of the Rats (class of people that are at the bottom of society) and has an agenda to change the world so that the Rats will not be oppressed as they are. She is accompanied by four men, her lovers and protectors, who join her to steal a particular necklace that will make her worthy of Rats leadership.

I'm interested to see her adventures and how she will chang
Melanie
Jan 13, 2019 rated it it was ok
Tori wants to be the youngest to rule the street rats... these are the people rejected because of what they are, deformed in someway.. in this story Tori and her men must break in and steal a piece of jewellery to become the leader... how will they do it... I would of liked more backround on how so found her men.

Ruby McDemon
Dec 13, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This may not have been a long story, but I really enjoyed it. I like that even from what little we got to see into this world that it was different and interesting. I really loved the fact that it focused on an established harem and it wasn't one in the makings. I also enjoyed how smoothly they worked together even when they wanted to argue with each other. Really great read and I can't wait to read the rest of the series.
TipseyBookReviews
I haven’t read a whole lot of steampunk stories, but I great enjoyed this one. I liked Tori and her husbands, Archie, Baxter, Edwin and Harvey. They are not considered human by the nobles, and have a hard life. Tori is attempting to get the Everlasting Eye and if she succeeds, she will become the Ruler of the Rats. This is a great story, and Tori is a strong MC. I’m looking forward to her future adventures :)

TipseyBookReviews
Leslie Sanchez
Mar 17, 2018 rated it really liked it
A brief introduction to the steampunk world down under the city. The people living there are called "rats". They are poor, disfigured, unwanted and abused. Tori and her four husbands are on a mission to change the future for them all. I liked this story and loved the gadgets that her husband, Eddy, made for them. Can't wait for more. I voluntarily reviewed a complimentary copy of this book.
Renée
Oct 12, 2018 rated it it was amazing
All Tori has to do to become the next ruler is steal a necklace - the Everlasting Eye. If only the mission was that simple.
Ruler of Rats is just the beginning of Tori and her husbands story.
I throughly enjoyed this steampunk reverse harem short story, and can’t wait for the next adventures of Tori, Archie, Baxter, Edwin and Harvey.
Sara
Oct 20, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2018-booklist
A great prequel to the start of what I believe will be an amazing series. It was a short read where you meet Tori and her husbands. It doesn't give too mini details about them and how they came about but it doesn't take away from what the prequel is about. Quick and enjoyable. Looking forward to the next book.
Scarolet Ellis
Nov 01, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Ruler of Rats: A Steampunk Reverse Harem Story by Laura Greenwood is a great story to read. It is a great prequel to start a wonderful series, I am so glad I read this story. It has strong characters and a great story line I can not wait to read what comes next.

Tera Comer
Oct 27, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Ruler of Rats is the prequel to a new series about to come out and it was the perfect way for us to get use to the world building and the characters. While short it is just enough to give us a view of some of what is to come.
Cassandra Cobb
Mar 11, 2018 rated it really liked it
A great start to what I'm sure will be an amazing series. Though only short, the Ruler of Rats really gets us immersed into the current life of a Rat as we follow a mission for Tori and her four men. Can't wait to see where we go in Tamer of Rats!
SJ
Mar 08, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This is a great short story of shifter rats!! A very nice usual idea for a story, it is fresh and unique. With excitement and danger and Romance, I thoroughly enjoyed this and hope do read more in this series
Tera Comer
Mar 11, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: arc
This is the prequel to a new series about to come out and it was the perfect way for us to get use to the world building and the characters. While short it is just enough to give us a view of some of what is to come. I voluntarily reviewed a complimentary copy of this book.
Anne Dwyer
Oct 15, 2018 rated it liked it
Tori is a rat shifter with a harem of 4 mates. She is working her way up to be leader of the pack, and they pull off a robbery of a special necklace - I fount this book ok, but a bit slow and hard to get into.

Tanya
Nov 04, 2018 rated it it was amazing
She wants to make a difference and to do that all she needs to do is to steal a necklace. See if there will be a twist in this story.

Ola Adamska
Mar 12, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This is a great introduction to new series. This story sets the world and place of action for the whole series. It focuses on Rats - lowest class of people, unwanted ones. Tori and her crew want to make her new leader but will they manage?
Helgaleena Healingline
Jan 26, 2019 rated it really liked it
She keeps her team together out of sheer personal magnetism. Some of them, like her, were not always part of the non-citizen underclass. I look forward to future social upheaval as their rebellion catches up others beyond their personal schemes of enrichment.
Amanda Lee
Mar 12, 2018 rated it really liked it
This was a quick read, it's a good introduction to the world and Tori and her 4 husbands. This is a prequel and it did get me hooked and ready for the next book.
Heather Endsley
Mar 21, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Short read but a good read. Tori and her men are on a mission that could get them killed. Another greats read by Laura Greenwood.
Laura is a USA Today Bestselling Author of paranormal, fantasy, and contemporary romance. When she's not writing, she can be found drinking ridiculous amounts of tea, trying to resist French Macaroons, and watching the Pitch Perfect trilogy for the hundredth time (at least!)

You can check out Laura's Website here:
www.authorlauragreenwood.co.uk

Join her Goodreads Group: https://www.goodreads.com/gro

Rats: Tori (3 books)
  • Collector of Rats (Rats: Tori #2)
  • Yuletide of Rats (Rats: Tori #3)