Start by marking “The Sweetest Oblivion (Made #1)” as Want to Read:
The Sweetest Oblivion (Made #1)

The Sweetest Oblivion

(Made #1)

She’s a romantic at heart, living in the most unromantic of worlds . . .

Nicknamed Sweet Abelli for her docile nature, Elena smiles on cue and has a charming response for everything. She’s the favored daughter, the perfect mafia principessa . . . or was.

Now, all she can see in the mirror’s reflection is blood staining her hands like crimson paint.

They say first impression
Paperback, 1st Edition, 384 pages
Published June 20th 2018 by CreateSpace

To ask other readers questions about The Sweetest Oblivion, please sign up.
Danielle Aw, thank you. <3 While I don't have plans for more Elena and Nico right now, you will see a little more from them in The Maddest Obsession (Made #2).…moreAw, thank you. <3 While I don't have plans for more Elena and Nico right now, you will see a little more from them in The Maddest Obsession (Made #2).(less)
This question contains spoilers… (view spoiler)
Danielle Hi, Shay. As of yet, I don't have plans for a Tony book. However, it has come to mind as a possibility in the future, so I can't say it will never hap…moreHi, Shay. As of yet, I don't have plans for a Tony book. However, it has come to mind as a possibility in the future, so I can't say it will never happen. <3(less)

Start your review of The Sweetest Oblivion (Made #1)
Alex ✰ Comets and Comments ✰
“Nico?”
“What?”
“Your come is running down my thigh,” she whispered. Fuck. That was the hottest thing I’d ever heard.
My dick throbbed. I found the wetness dripping down her leg. Running a finger upward, I pushed it back inside her.

description

Watch the fuck out for this author. I'm calling it.

________

♪ The sound of panties dropping ♪
I spent a lot of time contemplating whether I should say yes to the review request when the author reached out to me, and I found myself coming back to that magnifice
Val ⚓️ Shameless Non-Snowflake ⚓️
4.5 Stars

So, full disclosure:

I've been GR friends with Danielle Lori for years now; however, I didn't actually realize this was by her until after I one-clicked it. Cause I have Echelon 10 level of one-clicking skills up in here, people. But anyway, as I was saying. I didn't know this was by Lori until after I bought it.

And then of course I got nervous.

Cause I don't like disliking books by friends. And I don't like the feelings of guilt if I rate said books poorly. And perhaps most aptly, I ha
Jessica ❥Chatterbooks Book Blog❥
4.5

Don't you love when you dive into a new author's work and fall in love with their writing immediately? When you know that you're going to love the story from the beginning? That's what happened to me when I read The Sweetest Oblivion by Danielle Lori. I'd been searching for a good mafia romance with a crazy family involved, and within the first couple of chapters, I knew I found exactly what I was looking for!

photo F3Wh_zpsyfitp2uh.gif

Elena Abelli, a.k.a. The Sweet Abelli, is the daughter of one of the Don's of N
Virginia Ronan ♥ Herondale ♥
** I received a copy of this book in exchange for an honest review and I’m very glad Danielle thought of me when she released “The Sweetest Oblivion”**

”Shouting rang out in Italian. Chairs fell backward to the patio as everyone jumped to their feet. Guns rose in every direction.”

Isn’t this exactly how you expect a mafia lunch to go? XD I swear when it comes to those typical mafia stereotypes this book had it all! And tell you what? I loved it! *lol* Which is kind of interesting because I’m usual
Dilek VT
This is a mafia romance with a forbidden vibe in it.

I usually avoid reading mafia romance or romance where the MCs are criminals. The illegal side of it, especially the fact that the main character kills people, always bothers me. That is why, I try not to read them and when I read one very occasionally, I have a problem with giving it 5 stars because of this very reason even if everything else in the book is good enough.

As for this book, which is highly recommended to me by my dear friend Sara
CristiinaReads❀
Jun 10, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: arc-books
➳The forbidden fruit falls from the tree in the names of Elena and Nicolas, wanting to explore that dark, possessive, and filthy side filled with lust and taboo...

➳I am not the biggest fan of romance novels where mafias are incorporated because of all the drama there is behind it all. This novel was definitely not an exception. All the drama, the rough killings, the different characters getting in everyone's business, it all at some extend disappointed me to not like. I WISH I were able to e
Bibi
This was everything I didn’t know I needed.
Karla
Jul 11, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Re read February 2020
Didn’t think it was possible but I loved it even more!♥️

Loved it! First time reading this author and I’m totally impressed!

”Lust will be the death of us”-unknown

It’s been ages since I’ve read a mafia book and this one was so good and addictive. I have to say this book had one of the hottest sexual buildups I’ve read. Even though the MC didn’t like each other at first, their chemistry was undeniable. Another thing I loved about this book was the “cosa nostra” how true it
alluring B ❄︎
4.25 OOF stars! 🌟🌟🌟🌟
"We were so different, i realized then. Big and small. Hard and soft. Demanding and docile."

Let's start off with my expectation for some intense, thrilling, car chasing, random 'pewpew' gun shots everywhere kind off mafia romance, and let's just sayyy this is definitely not entirely that but very subtle in the mafia aspect (which i have no qualm with, in fact I enjoyed it a LOT)

I'm also glad that this isn't your typical mafia romance with a brooding drug lord that is req
Arini
Jan 28, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition

Standalone Series

#1 The Sweetest Oblivion — 4.5 Stars
#2 The Maddest Obsession — 3.75 Stars
#3 The Darkest Temptation (TBR)

AM I BEING LOCKED INSIDE A SAUNA OR WHAT?!

Cavalo! This book is hot and the man responsible for all the panty dropping hotness, Nicolas Russo, should give out manuals to all the mafia men out there on how to be the perfect and most desired Don that equals vicious, controlling, possessive, unapologetic, dominant, and relentless. Oh my Madonna, he’s delicious.

With
mel ☽
5 stars

k first of all,

1. i want the Abelli family to adopt me cuz they're all my type of crazy.
2. Nonna is my spirit animal.
3. i would love to play referee whenever there's a Nonna vs. mama fights
4. Nico can just marry me. i'll wait.
5. Elena can be my best friend.
6. if Nico pushed me into a pool i would gladly thank him (jk i would push him too and then run for my life).
7.Nico doesn't have to kill me cuz when he says things like this:

"I swear to God, Elena, if I find out you've let some man
Lana ❇✾DG Romance❇✾
4 STARS

I wanted to fuck her and ruin her for anyone else. I wanted to crush her wings and then put them back together again so she’d become dependent on me. I wanted her to need me. That dark, possessive, and dangerous feeling crawled through me every time she crossed my path. Elena Abelli was my vice, and fuck if I’d let it kill me.

How is this the only time that this book is hitting my radar? I'm very hesitant with new to me authors, because let's face it, I'm a picky asshole. So I'
NMmomof4
4 Stars

Overall Opinion: This was better than I thought it'd be. I'm not quite sure why I wasn't expecting much, but I'm definitely happy to be surprised by it! The tension between these characters was super hot. I also liked that once they finally do become physical that it lived up to that tension (which a lot of the time doesn't happen IMO). I liked the forbidden aspect of the H being engaged to the h's sister, but I also appreciated the fact that the sister wasn't interested in the H at all a
Nissa | Of Pens and Pages Book Blog
4 stars!

Review at Of Pens and Pages.

Wow. What an experience! The Sweetest Oblivion was my first foray into the world of mafia romance, and I think I made the right choice in choosing it as the book to ease my way in. It was dark but not overwhelming for a beginner like me, it was sexy, action-packed, and man oh man, Nicolas Russo? Yes, please.

Elena Abelli, known in the Cosa Nostra as Sweet Abelli, sees her life in a new perspective after a life-changing moment. She has to keep up the sweet and d
Sophia Triad
Maybe my roots were too deep, or maybe love gave a woman a reason to let her dark colors shine, because I suddenly knew I would lie, cheat, and steal for this man.
I would burn the world for him.
He was King of the Cosa Nostra.
And he was all mine.

Wow!

This is the first book that I read by this author and it will certainly not be the last.

Sweet Abelli is a mafia princess who believes in love, forgiveness and sees life in pink colours. She does not believe in violence, revenge and she hates tort
EmBibliophile
Apr 24, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 4-stars
Re-read #2 (11/16/2020) 4.25 stars.

This series is just so freakin addicting and enjoyable to read. Mafia romances are always a hit or miss for me. I think I only enjoyed like two or three ones, but this series is definitely on top. Danielle Lori totally took me by surprise with this series.

3.75 stars.

"There was always some vice that eventually killed a Russo.
Irrationality. Idiocy. A penchant for unprotected sex with cheap hookers. My father’s was monetary greed.
I was beginning to think mine was
Ida
Jul 24, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: romance, adult, favorites
I'm just gonna change my rating from four stars to five. Any book worth rereading twice deserves five stars.

Reread September 2020. Not sure why I thought of this book, but I got a real desire to read it, and abandon all my schoolwork for one night.

Reread November 2019, because I'm supposed to be studying for my exams and need some happiness in my life

Original review:
Where do I even start?
This is my first ever mafia romance book and it was recommended to me by MiraJane. It's safe to say it wil
Malene
4.5 Stars
Talk about a wonderful surprise. It’s been awhile since I’ve read a mafia romance so I didn’t really know what to expect only that I was really intrigued by the blurb for The Sweetest Oblivon.
Well, let me tell you that the author sets the tone immediately in the first couple of chapters. The tension and chemistry between Elena and Nico is on point. Sizzling and beyond captivating. Whenever they caught each other’s gaze the heat was there. Smoldering. The author kept that connection thr
Kim
I don’t understand why this book isn’t more popular.

I’ve read absolute trash that came with so much publicity and hype it was ridiculous and yet a gem like this just sits there, quietly smiling at everybody that passes by, hoping to get noticed. And for the life of me, I don’t know why this isn’t a well known romance book yet. WHY?

If you like sexual tension you can cut with a knife, read this. If you like forbidden (mafia) romance and well written alpha males, read this. If you have eyeballs, r
Danielle
Mar 21, 2018 marked it as my-books  ·  (Review from the author)
Natalie ✩★ The Biblioholic ★✩
Elena Abelli was given the name ‘Sweet Abelli’ due to her quiet and demure nature. She followed the unspoken rules of females in the Cosa Nostra.She was always polite, courteous, and respectful, and always had a smile for everyone. So why is she glaring at her future brother-in-law? And why is it that even though she can’t stand him or his cold indifference, his look alone sets her on fire?

Nicolas Russo had recently become Don of the Russo family after the brutal slaying of his father. Although
Deborah
Jun 22, 2018 rated it really liked it

I can’t believe this is the first book I’ve read by this author. A Girl Named Calamity has been on my to-read list for over two years. The problem is I’m flighty and easily distracted when it comes to books. I should have been reading a different one but I got distracted by this.

Anyway I digress.

Back to Sweet Oblivion.
I read this today, almost in one sitting I just couldn’t put it down.

Nico made the book for me. I absolutely loved him.

So briefly. Nico is a Mafia boss and he’s engaged to Adriana
Mindy Lou's Book Review
Literatures Movies
Jun 14, 2018 rated it it was ok

*Received ARC in exchange for honest review.

Firstly, as per usual with how I roll, I say many thanks to the author, Ms. Lori for her confidence in me to review her book.

Now, the review.

I couldn't say I liked it.

Which is the opposite of what most of everyone here thinks. And that's okay. I am happy for those who loved and enjoyed the book.

I have one problem –– well, I have a few, but this one is the one that first came to mind. And honestly, the biggest problem I have with this book.

The Male
Melanie A. ~mostly on hiatus~
5/5+ STARS!!
His gaze was a lit match in a pitch-black room.
ALL KINDS of AWESOME!

The Sweetest Oblivion was reading gold! Danielle Lori managed the near impossible . . . a well-executed plot, a dominant alpha who captured my heart, and a heroine that I adored. It doesn't get much better than this!

As the eldest daughter of a Cosa Nostra don, Elena Abelli has always known her fate - to marry not for love but to further the interests of her family - but six months ago, in a moment of we
Phuong ✯
Nicolas Russo, if you read this, i’m free on thursday night and would like to hang out. You can push me into the pool if you want to, just hang out with me please.

#1 The Sweetest Oblivion ­– 3.5 stars
#2 The Maddest Obsession – 4.5 stars

Nico sweetie, is your back hurting? It must be heavy to carry the whole book on your own.

The Sweetest Oblivion taught me two lessons:
1. Expectation's a BITCH. After all the praises I've seen about this book, my expectations were ginormous and that's never a good
Eve (Between The Bookends)
description

DNF at 70ish% I know, I know, why stop at 70%, right? Well, I was already finding this one a bit boring. The heroine was annoying with her constant inner thoughts about the OW Nico had been with (or may sleep with in the future). Nico was a pretty colossal asshole that I just wasn't warming up to. But really, the last straw was him purposely going out of his way to hurt Elena by letting her meet his maid (and former fuckbuddy). All because neither of these two could have a conversation like adul
Melanie (mells_view)
Jun 21, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Nico is engaged to Elena’s sister, but the tension between the two of them is undeniable. This is at its very basic the story of two people who are so drawn to each other, but don’t understand the whys, and don’t want it to be more than surface attraction. Sure their romance is forbidden, but it’s the god damn mafia... rules are meant to be broken just like legs. And thus ensues a tense as all get out, semi-slow burn. However the real question is... is this a tragedy or a happily ever after?

The
NiCoLeTa E. {Addicted To Books}
***4,5 "Platonic!!!" stars***

“Without hope, there’s nothing to lose.
With it, we’re nothing but dominos waiting to fall.”

Darn!!! This story was sooooo good!!! You all know what mafia romances do to me!!! I'm a sucker for these kind of books!!!! The truth is that i hadn't discovered this book soon enough!!!! Thanks to my friend, Michelle, I took a chance on it and bingo!!!! It was my kind of book and I LOVED it!!!!
Of course, all these assumptions by both heroes were driving me crazy and t
Bookadmirer
Danielle Lori is now one of my most favorite author. This book is a masterpiece. Danielle's writing style is elaborate, she expressed the characters' emotions remarkably. This book was filled with passion, emotion, warmth, tension, and humor.

I loved Nico, he was possessive when it comes to Elena. It was dangerous but passionate at the same time. He tried hard to fight his feelings for her but in the end, he just couldn't.

Elena was also a likable character. At first, she came out as a bit sassy,

• Sweet Temptation
  • The Bloody Bride (The Rocchetti Dynasty, #1)
  • Twisted Pride (The Camorra Chronicles, #3)
  • Twisted Emotions (The Camorra Chronicles, #2)
  • Principessa of Chicago (The Rocchetti Dynasty, #2)
  • Beautifully Cruel (Beautifully Cruel, #1)
  • Bound by Honor (Born in Blood Mafia Chronicles, #1)
  • Collateral
  • Twisted Bonds (The Camorra Chronicles, #4)
  • Fragile Longing
  • Deviant King (Royal Elite, #1)
  • Bound by Hatred (Born in Blood Mafia Chronicles, #3)
  • Twisted Loyalties (The Camorra Chronicles, #1)
  • Twisted Hearts (The Camorra Chronicles, #5)
  • Bitter Heat (Singed, #1)
  • Damage
  • The Rocchetti Queen (The Rocchetti Dynasty, #3)
  • Bound by Duty (Born in Blood Mafia Chronicles, #2)

Danielle Lori's novels incorporate morally questionable heroes, electric hate to love relationships, and sometimes sweet but mostly sassy heroines. She has written in both the fantasy subgenre as well as contemporary, but will never stray from romance.

A normal day for her includes coffee, bodice rippers, and 1990s chick flicks. She lives in small-town Iowa with her husband, son, and too many dogs.

Made (4 books)
  • The Maddest Obsession (Made #2)
  • The Darkest Temptation (Made #3)
  • Untitled (Made #4)