Start by marking “The Sweetest Oblivion (Made, #1)” as Want to Read:
The Sweetest Oblivion (Made, #1)

The Sweetest Oblivion

(Made #1)

4.08  ·  Rating details ·  153,615 ratings  ·  13,590 reviews
She’s a romantic at heart, living in the most unromantic of worlds . . .

Nicknamed Sweet Abelli for her docile nature, Elena smiles on cue and has a charming response for everything. She’s the favored daughter, the perfect mafia principessa . . . or was.

Now, all she can see in the mirror’s reflection is blood staining her hands like crimson paint.

They say first impression
Paperback, 1st Edition, 384 pages
Published June 20th 2018 by CreateSpace

To ask other readers questions about The Sweetest Oblivion, please sign up.
This question contains spoilers... (view spoiler)
Danielle Hi, Shay. As of yet, I don't have plans for a Tony book. However, it has come to mind as a possibility in the future, so I can't say it will never happen. <3

·  153,615 ratings  ·  13,590 reviews

Start your review of The Sweetest Oblivion (Made, #1)
Ayman
Dec 29, 2021 rated it did not like it
DISCLAIMER: racist author, i don’t support her and you shouldn’t either

i get the hype now. it’s been a hot minute since i read anything mafia related and this book just proves how much i love the genre.

reading this book was like an addiction. i could not stop. i was so enthralled from the beginning all the way to the end. Nico…omgg he’s so sweet 🥲🥺 i fucking love this male thot. if he ain’t burning up a gas station for me? i don’t want him. Nico is the standard at this point. Say what you want.
Kat
Sep 28, 2021 rated it it was ok
forget the fact that he’s a murderer, liar, and cheat; i could never trust him if my man wore a literal dress shirt and tie during sex
Val ⚓️ Shameless Handmaiden ⚓️
4.5 Stars Upgraded to 5 Million Stars...because I re-read it SO many times...

So, full disclosure:

I've been GR friends with Danielle Lori for years now; however, I didn't actually realize this was by her until after I one-clicked it. Cause I have Echelon 10 level of one-clicking skills up in here, people. But anyway, as I was saying. I didn't know this was by Lori until after I bought it.

And then of course I got nervous.

Cause I don't like disliking books by friends. And I don't like the feeling
Alex ✰ Comets and Comments ✰
“Nico?”
“What?”
“Your come is running down my thigh,” she whispered. Fuck. That was the hottest thing I’d ever heard.
My dick throbbed. I found the wetness dripping down her leg. Running a finger upward, I pushed it back inside her.

description

Watch the fuck out for this author. I'm calling it.

________

♪ The sound of panties dropping ♪
I spent a lot of time contemplating whether I should say yes to the review request when the author reached out to me, and I found myself coming back to that magnifice
chan ☆
Aug 28, 2021 rated it liked it
it was supposed to give.... but it did not give... what needed to be gave... to be highest of giving
mel ☽
5 stars

k first of all,

1. i want the Abelli family to adopt me cuz they're all my type of crazy.
2. Nonna is my spirit animal.
3. i would love to play referee whenever there's a Nonna vs. mama fights
4. Nico can just marry me. i'll wait.
5. Elena can be my best friend.
6. if Nico pushed me into a pool i would gladly thank him (jk i would push him too and then run for my life).
7.Nico doesn't have to kill me cuz when he says things like this:

"I swear to God, Elena, if I find out you've let some man
ren ♡
The most crucial lesson I've learned from reading Mafia romances: The Mafia has no room for ugly people 😭 386 pages and not one average person to be seen. ...more
Jessica ❥Chatterbooks Book Blog❥
4.5

Don't you love when you dive into a new author's work and fall in love with their writing immediately? When you know that you're going to love the story from the beginning? That's what happened to me when I read The Sweetest Oblivion by Danielle Lori. I'd been searching for a good mafia romance with a crazy family involved, and within the first couple of chapters, I knew I found exactly what I was looking for!

photo F3Wh_zpsyfitp2uh.gif

Elena Abelli, a.k.a. The Sweet Abelli, is the daughter of one of the Don's of N
Phuong ✯
Nicolas Russo, if you read this, i’m free on thursday night and would like to hang out. You can push me into the pool if you want to, just hang out with me please.

#1 The Sweetest Oblivion ­– 3.5 stars
#2 The Maddest Obsession – 5+ stars
#3 The Darkest Temptation – 4.25 stars

Nico sweetie, is your back hurting? It must be heavy to carry the whole book on your own.

The Sweetest Oblivion taught me two lessons:
1. Expectation's a BITCH. After all the praises I've seen about this book, my expectations w
Anovelqueen
***4.5***

Reread November 14, 2021

“ Whiskey and flame. Sleepless nights. Tattooed skin, white t-shirts, and rough hands. Love and lust and happiness. He was everything.”

I have seen this book on so many of my friend’s reading lists and so I became curious. What’s all the fuss about? Never heard of the author before but I love a good mafia romance, so what the hell?

Oh.my.goodness. this book was so good. From the first word to the last I was glued to the pages. From their first glance the chemistry
Yeasmin Alo
Re-read
It's not even rational how bad I want Nico...

"I wondered if she was on the pill, and in a disturbing way kind of hoped she wasn’t. I wanted an irrevocable tie to this woman. I wanted to write my name on her skin, to do all kinds of fucked-up shit so she knew she was mine. Like lock her in my room and hand-feed her. With indifference, I finished my cigarette and contemplated the logistics of that."

Okay just realised this is my 200th book 🥳🥳🥳 and couldn't be prouder of my choice
Larissa Cambusano
Nov 19, 2021 rated it it was amazing
Nicolas Russo & Elena Abelli. that’s it. that’s the review. i’m obsessed & cannot fully articulate just how much with words so JUST READ IT.

“everyone knows you don’t fall in love with a Made man.. right?”
Ishika
Jan 05, 2022 rated it really liked it
This review might contain slight spoilers (but don't you worry, this book doesn't really have a plot so you'll not be spoiled much ;))

When something was overhyped, it was always a letdown.

Where should I even start? Should I even start? Or should I keep thinking and regretting that moment of my life where I decided to read all the hyped romance novels? After reading this book I have come to a conclusion: mafia romances are not meant for someone like me, someone who can't see women being shown lik
Warda
May 07, 2021 marked it as dnf  ·  review of another edition
DNF at 59%.

Another mafia book which I could not bring myself to care for. I still do not understand the purpose this story served, where the plot was going or the personalities of our characters.

Onto the next one.
Bibi
*Re-read and it's even better the second time*

This was everything I didn’t know I needed.
Karla
Jul 11, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Re read May 2022
4.5 stars**

”Lust will be the death of us”-unknown

It’s been ages since I’ve read a mafia book and this one was so good and addictive. I have to say this book had one of the hottest sexual buildups I’ve read. Even though the MC didn’t like each other at first, their chemistry was undeniable. Another thing I loved about this book was the “cosa nostra” how true it stayed to the kind of lifestyle the made men lived not just for them, but for their women.

Our H Nicolas, was a bruta
pauline
Aug 16, 2021 rated it really liked it
4.5 ⭐️

Mafia men are hot as fuck why am I only finding this out NOWWWWW.

Nico Russo can have me idgaf about anything else

READ THIS BOOK it’s so good!!

Warning though: You might not like the long stretches of inner monologue at the beginning, but at least you learn more about what goes on in nico’s head (that’s what the half star deduction is for—the monologue because ugh I had to skim some)
Virginia Ronan ♥ Herondale ♥
** I received a copy of this book in exchange for an honest review and I’m very glad Danielle thought of me when she released “The Sweetest Oblivion”**

”Shouting rang out in Italian. Chairs fell backward to the patio as everyone jumped to their feet. Guns rose in every direction.”

Isn’t this exactly how you expect a mafia lunch to go? XD I swear when it comes to those typical mafia stereotypes this book had it all! And tell you what? I loved it! *lol* Which is kind of interesting because I’m usual
Cas
Feb 21, 2022 rated it really liked it
I understand all the hype around this series now.

Never thought I’d be one of those bitches but I am simping over a mafia man, yes. Nico can break me any day, any time. If he comes into my house demanding I move in with him, I’ll pack my suitcase under a minute.
Is he a murderer, a cheat and a psychopath? Yes.
Is he a good husband candidate despite it all? Also yes.

The smut was perfectly balanced. Not too much and not too little. Especially when it moved from one pov to another, ugh.

Elena was al
Arini ~ Miss Casually Reading

2nd Read, Dec. 2021

4.25 Stars

All I want for Christmas is just a man who...

==> pushes me into a pool to show his jealousy,
==> threatens bodily harm to anyone who dares touch me,
==> remorselessly kills a man to eliminate competition,
==> burns down an entire gas station to defend my honor,
==> traps me into an unbreakable marriage to possess me,
==> gives mindblowing head and even more earth-shattering orgasms,
==> goes into Hulk mode at the thought of losing me,

and is preferably named Nicolas Angelo
Saswati
Dec 28, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: mafia, favourites
4.5 “Perfectly platonic” stars ⭐️

There was always some vice that eventually killed a Russo.
Irrationality. Idiocy. A penchant for unprotected sex with cheap hookers.
I was beginning to think mine was Elena Abelli.
Elena Abelli was
Bibi
Dec 10, 2020 rated it it was amazing
So bloody Good.
 ⚔Irunía⚔
Upgraded to 5 stars
Danielle's writing is a huge diamond among a pile of mediocre trash. The attention to details, the gradual building of tension and chemistry, the obsessiveness with not a single synthetic taste of fakeness... 😩🤌🏻

4 smart girl ⭐s

I think I might need my own Nico to call me a smart girl.
Dilek VT
This is a mafia romance with a forbidden vibe in it.

I usually avoid reading mafia romance or romance where the MCs are criminals. The illegal side of it, especially the fact that the main character kills people, always bothers me. That is why, I try not to read them and when I read one very occasionally, I have a problem with giving it 5 stars because of this very reason even if everything else in the book is good enough.

As for this book, which is highly recommended to me by my dear friend Sara
daria ❀
Oct 01, 2021 rated it it was ok
Shelves: romance
two stars for the ponytail pulling only
aly ☆彡
Aug 29, 2021 rated it really liked it
This is my first time reading a published mafia book. The last time I ever did was on Wattpad (which was like high school years ago). So I don't have any books to compare or consider if this one is even good to begin with. Started this because I am romance deprived and I'd say, this book is doing a good job at quenching it.

Plot-wise, this book has almost nonexistent! The whole mafia ordeal is barely significant but I enjoy the forbidden love narrative. It's chock-full of messed-up events and eve
CristiinaReads❀
Jun 10, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: arc-books
➳The forbidden fruit falls from the tree in the names of Elena and Nicolas, wanting to explore that dark, possessive, and filthy side filled with lust and taboo...

➳I am not the biggest fan of romance novels where mafias are incorporated because of all the drama there is behind it all. This novel was definitely not an exception. All the drama, the rough killings, the different characters getting in everyone's business, it all at some extend disappointed me to not like. I WISH I were able to e
alluringB
Jul 03, 2020 rated it really liked it
4.25 OOF stars! 🌟🌟🌟🌟
"We were so different, i realized then. Big and small. Hard and soft. Demanding and docile."

Let's start off with my expectation for some intense, thrilling, car chasing, random 'pewpew' gun shots everywhere kind off mafia romance, and let's just sayyy this is definitely not entirely that but very subtle in the mafia aspect (which i have no qualm with, in fact I enjoyed it a LOT)

I'm also glad that this isn't your typical mafia romance with a brooding drug lord who’s needs
Lana ❇✾DG Romance❇✾
4 STARS

I wanted to fuck her and ruin her for anyone else. I wanted to crush her wings and then put them back together again so she’d become dependent on me. I wanted her to need me. That dark, possessive, and dangerous feeling crawled through me every time she crossed my path. Elena Abelli was my vice, and fuck if I’d let it kill me.

How is this the only time that this book is hitting my radar? I'm very hesitant with new to me authors, because let's face it, I'm a picky asshole. So I'
NMmomof4
4 Stars

Overall Opinion: This was better than I thought it'd be. I'm not quite sure why I wasn't expecting much, but I'm definitely happy to be surprised by it! The tension between these characters was super hot. I also liked that once they finally do become physical that it lived up to that tension (which a lot of the time doesn't happen IMO). I liked the forbidden aspect of the H being engaged to the h's sister, but I also appreciated the fact that the sister wasn't interested in the H at all a

• Twisted Love (Twisted, #1)
  • Twisted Games (Twisted, #2)
  • Rise of a Queen (Kingdom Duet, #2)
  • The Fine Print (Dreamland Billionaires, #1)
  • Monster in His Eyes (Monster in His Eyes, #1)
  • Bitter Heat (Singed, #1)
  • Don't Kiss the Bride
  • Twisted Hate (Twisted, #3)
  • Lord of London Town (Adley Firm #1)
  • The Invitation
  • My Darling Arrow (St. Mary’s Rebels, #1)
  • Playing with Fire
  • The Hunter (Boston Belles, #1)
  • Blame it on the Champagne (Blame it on the Alcohol, #1)
  • Brutal Prince (Brutal Birthright #1)
  • With this Ring (To Have and To Hold Duet #1)
  • Twisted Lies (Twisted, #4)
  • Bound by the Past (Born in Blood Mafia Chronicles, #7)
See top shelves…

Danielle Lori's novels incorporate morally questionable heroes, electric hate to love relationships, and sometimes sweet but mostly sassy heroines. She has written in both the fantasy subgenre as well as contemporary, but will never stray from romance.

A normal day for her includes coffee, bodice rippers, and 1990s chick flicks. She lives in small-town Iowa with her husband, son, and too many dogs.

Made (4 books)
  • The Maddest Obsession (Made, #2)
  • The Darkest Temptation (Made, #3)
  • The Purest Addiction (Made, #4)