Start by marking “The Sweetest Oblivion (Made, #1)” as Want to Read:
The Sweetest Oblivion (Made, #1)

The Sweetest Oblivion

(Made #1)

She’s a romantic at heart, living in the most unromantic of worlds . . .

Nicknamed Sweet Abelli for her docile nature, Elena smiles on cue and has a charming response for everything. She’s the favored daughter, the perfect mafia principessa . . . or was.

Now, all she can see in the mirror’s reflection is blood staining her hands like crimson paint.

They say first
Paperback, 1st Edition, 384 pages
Published June 20th 2018 by CreateSpace

To ask other readers questions about The Sweetest Oblivion, please sign up.
Danielle Aw, thank you. <3 While I don't have plans for more Elena and Nico right now, you will see a little more from them in The Maddest Obsession (Made…moreAw, thank you. <3 While I don't have plans for more Elena and Nico right now, you will see a little more from them in The Maddest Obsession (Made #2).(less)
This question contains spoilers… (view spoiler)
Danielle Hi, Shay. As of yet, I don't have plans for a Tony book. However, it has come to mind as a possibility in the future, so I can't say it will never…moreHi, Shay. As of yet, I don't have plans for a Tony book. However, it has come to mind as a possibility in the future, so I can't say it will never happen. <3(less)

Start your review of The Sweetest Oblivion (Made, #1)
Alex ✰ Comets and Comments ✰
“Nico?”
“What?”
“Your come is running down my thigh,” she whispered. Fuck. That was the hottest thing I’d ever heard.
My dick throbbed. I found the wetness dripping down her leg. Running a finger upward, I pushed it back inside her.

description

Watch the fuck out for this author. I'm calling it.

________

The sound of panties dropping
I spent a lot of time contemplating whether I should say yes to the review request when the author reached out to me, and I found myself coming back to that magnificent
Val ⚓️ Shameless Non-Snowflake ⚓️
4.5 Stars

So, full disclosure:

I've been GR friends with Danielle Lori for years now; however, I didn't actually realize this was by her until after I one-clicked it. Cause I have Echelon 10 level of one-clicking skills up in here, people. But anyway, as I was saying. I didn't know this was by Lori until after I bought it.

And then of course I got nervous.

Cause I don't like disliking books by friends. And I don't like the feelings of guilt if I rate said books poorly. And perhaps most aptly, I
Virginia Ronan ♥ Herondale ♥
** I received a copy of this book in exchange for an honest review and I’m very glad Danielle thought of me when she released “The Sweetest Oblivion”**

”Shouting rang out in Italian. Chairs fell backward to the patio as everyone jumped to their feet. Guns rose in every direction.”

Isn’t this exactly how you expect a mafia lunch to go? XD I swear when it comes to those typical mafia stereotypes this book had it all! And tell you what? I loved it! *lol* Which is kind of interesting because I’m
Jessica ❥Chatterbooks Book Blog❥
Jul 08, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: romance
4.5

Don't you love when you dive into a new author's work and fall in love with their writing immediately? When you know that you're going to love the story from the beginning? That's what happened to me when I read The Sweetest Oblivion by Danielle Lori. I'd been searching for a good mafia romance with a crazy family involved, and within the first couple of chapters, I knew I found exactly what I was looking for!

photo F3Wh_zpsyfitp2uh.gif

Elena Abelli, a.k.a. The Sweet Abelli, is the daughter of one of the Don's of New
Cristina | CristiinaReads
Jun 10, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: arc-books
The forbidden fruit falls from the tree in the names of Elena and Nicolas, wanting to explore that dark, possessive, and filthy side filled with lust and taboo...

I am not the biggest fan of romance novels where mafias are incorporated because of all the drama there is behind it all. This novel was definitely not an exception. All the drama, the rough killings, the different characters getting in everyone's business, it all at some extend disappointed me to not like. I WISH I were able to enjoy
Dilek VT
Jul 19, 2018 rated it really liked it
Recommended to Dilek VT by: sara j
This is a mafia romance with a forbidden vibe in it.

I usually avoid reading mafia romance or romance where the MCs are criminals. The illegal side of it, especially the fact that the main character kills people, always bothers me. That is why, I try not to read them and when I read one very occasionally, I have a problem with giving it 5 stars because of this very reason even if everything else in the book is good enough.

As for this book, which is highly recommended to me by my dear friend
Karla
Jul 11, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Re read may 2019
Didn’t think it was possible but I loved it even more!

4.75 stars!

Loved it! First time reading this author and I’m totally impressed!

”Lust will be the death of us”-unknown

It’s been ages since I’ve read a mafia book and this one was so good and addictive. I have to say this book had one of the hottest sexual buildups I’ve read. Even though the MC didn’t like each other at first, their chemistry was undeniable. Another thing I loved about this book was the “cosa nostra” how true
Nissa | Of Pens and Pages Book Blog
4 stars!

Review at Of Pens and Pages.

Wow. What an experience! The Sweetest Oblivion was my first foray into the world of mafia romance, and I think I made the right choice in choosing it as the book to ease my way in. It was dark but not overwhelming for a beginner like me, it was sexy, action-packed, and man oh man, Nicolas Russo? Yes, please.

Elena Abelli, known in the Cosa Nostra as Sweet Abelli, sees her life in a new perspective after a life-changing moment. She has to keep up the sweet and
NMmomof4
4 Stars

Overall Opinion: This was better than I thought it'd be. I'm not quite sure why I wasn't expecting much, but I'm definitely happy to be surprised by it! The tension between these characters was super hot. I also liked that once they finally do become physical that it lived up to that tension (which a lot of the time doesn't happen IMO). I liked the forbidden aspect of the H being engaged to the h's sister, but I also appreciated the fact that the sister wasn't interested in the H at all
Sophia Triad
Maybe my roots were too deep, or maybe love gave a woman a reason to let her dark colors shine, because I suddenly knew I would lie, cheat, and steal for this man.
I would burn the world for him.
He was King of the Cosa Nostra.
And he was all mine.

Wow!

This is the first book that I read by this author and it will certainly not be the last.

Sweet Abelli is a mafia princess who believes in love, forgiveness and sees life in pink colours. She does not believe in violence, revenge and she hates
Malene
4.5 Stars
Talk about a wonderful surprise. It’s been awhile since I’ve read a mafia romance so I didn’t really know what to expect only that I was really intrigued by the blurb for The Sweetest Oblivon.
Well, let me tell you that the author sets the tone immediately in the first couple of chapters. The tension and chemistry between Elena and Nico is on point. Sizzling and beyond captivating. Whenever they caught each other’s gaze the heat was there. Smoldering. The author kept that connection
Ida
Jul 24, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: romance
Reread November 2019, because I'm supposed to be studying for my exams and need some happiness in my life

Where do I even start?
This is my first ever mafia romance book and it was recommended to me by MiraJane.

“I knew it wasn’t a good thing. Anything that stops your breath can’t be good for you.”

They say first impressions are everything . . .
Nicknamed Sweet Abelli for her docile nature, Elena, daughter of one of the most feared mafia bosses in New York, is the perfect little princess.
Natalie ✩★ The Biblioholic ★✩
Elena Abelli was given the name ‘Sweet Abelli’ due to her quiet and demure nature. She followed the unspoken rules of females in the Cosa Nostra.She was always polite, courteous, and respectful, and always had a smile for everyone. So why is she glaring at her future brother-in-law? And why is it that even though she can’t stand him or his cold indifference, his look alone sets her on fire?

Nicolas Russo had recently become Don of the Russo family after the brutal slaying of his father. Although
Danielle
Mar 21, 2018 marked it as my-books  ·  (Review from the author)
Deborah
Jun 22, 2018 rated it really liked it

I can’t believe this is the first book I’ve read by this author. A Girl Named Calamity has been on my to-read list for over two years. The problem is I’m flighty and easily distracted when it comes to books. I should have been reading a different one but I got distracted by this.

Anyway I digress.

Back to Sweet Oblivion.
I read this today, almost in one sitting I just couldn’t put it down.

Nico made the book for me. I absolutely loved him.

So briefly. Nico is a Mafia boss and he’s engaged to Adriana
Mindy Lou's Book Review
Carvanz
Wow! Just, wow! This book was all kinds of amazing!

Six months ago Elena’s actions had catastrophic consequences. As a result, she now must bear witness to her sister’s arranged wedding to the Russo, the head of the mafia. Nicolas Russo is a cold, cruel man and she shouldn’t be glad that it’s not her that is promised to him.

Nico didn’t care which daughter he married. This was a business deal and there were no emotions involved. Unfortunately, he can’t hold to that because he definitely feels
Melanie A.
Aug 24, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: kobo, 2018-favorites
5/5+ STARS!!
His gaze was a lit match in a pitch-black room.
ALL KINDS of AWESOME!

The Sweetest Oblivion was reading gold! Danielle Lori managed the near impossible . . . a well-executed plot, a dominant alpha who captured my heart, and a heroine that I adored. It doesn't get much better than this!

As the eldest daughter of a Cosa Nostra don, Elena Abelli has always known her fate - to marry not for love but to further the interests of her family - but six months ago, in a moment of weakness,
Melanie (mells_view)
Jun 21, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Nico is engaged to Elena’s sister, but the tension between the two of them is undeniable. This is at its very basic the story of two people who are so drawn to each other, but don’t understand the whys, and don’t want it to be more than surface attraction. Sure their romance is forbidden, but it’s the god damn mafia... rules are meant to be broken just like legs. And thus ensues a tense as all get out, semi-slow burn. However the real question is... is this a tragedy or a happily ever after?

The
Wynne Katherine
Jun 14, 2018 rated it it was ok

*Received ARC in exchange for honest review.

Firstly, as per usual with how I roll, I say many thanks to the author, Ms. Lori for her confidence in me to review her book.

Now, the review.

I couldn't say I liked it.

Which is the opposite of what most of everyone here thinks. And that's okay. I am happy for those who loved and enjoyed the book.

I have one problem –– well, I have a few, but this one is the one that first came to mind. And honestly, the biggest problem I have with this book.

The Male
Eve (Between The Bookends)
description

DNF at 70ish% I know, I know, why stop at 70%, right? Well, I was already finding this one a bit boring. The heroine was annoying with her constant inner thoughts about the OW Nico had been with (or may sleep with in the future). Nico was a pretty colossal asshole that I just wasn't warming up to. But really, the last straw was him purposely going out of his way to hurt Elena by letting her meet his maid (and former fuckbuddy). All because neither of these two could have a conversation like
Snow
An absolute score of 5 stars, for me!

Danielle Lori won me over with her debut in a fantasy genre A Girl named Calamity and now, she confirmed that one can take a fairly familiar subject and trope in a contemporary romance and make it fresh, exillirating and captivating just by pure magic of a writing style .

Mafia world.
A dangerous don, Nicholas/Nico Russo

A business deal and an arranged marriage...
with the wrong sister.

The undulated chemistry and physical pull towards the...
right sister.

NiCoLeTa E.
***4,5 "Platonic!!!" stars***

“Without hope, there’s nothing to lose.
With it, we’re nothing but dominos waiting to fall.”

Darn!!! This story was sooooo good!!! You all know what mafia romances do to me!!! I'm a sucker for these kind of books!!!! The truth is that i hadn't discovered this book soon enough!!!! Thanks to my friend, Michelle, I took a chance on it and bingo!!!! It was my kind of book and I LOVED it!!!!
Of course, all these assumptions by both heroes were driving me crazy and that
Carol
reread 05/10/19-05/11/19.
Just as perfect the second time around.
All the stars.
*****************************

5 stars.
Finished at 2am. Couldn't put this down. Will review when my brain fog clears.

12/11/18.
Wow. I loved this book. It gave me all the feels that I could possibly want from a somewhat dark story with a forbidden romance that is also set in a very dangerous and deadly world of crime .
Believe it or not but this is my first time reading a "mafia" romance and it has set the bar extremely
Priya
Jun 22, 2018 rated it it was amazing
4.5***** Stars

An Advanced Copy provided by the Author.

I am glad that Danielle Lori reached out to me for the review otherwise I would have had really missed a great book.
I fell in love with cover first then rest of the story.

This is a mafia romance. A princecpa and A made man. It's been so long since I had read a good mafia romance and this book was just what I needed.

The story revolves around Elena and Nico.
I loved Elena and how confident and brave, respectful, polite she was.
And Nico Nico
TheCrazyWorldOfABookLover
2.5 Stars

What I liked:

1. Hot AF alpha mafia hero with a sweet spot for the heroine- 'nuff said.
2. Really sweet heroine
3. Some really HOT scenes
4. Anything involving the mafia is a +++ for me

What didn't work for me:

1. Too toooo much inner monologue (especially from the heroine)
2. A lot of repetitive thoughts in those inner monologues which caused me to skim
3. Not enough chapters in the hero's POV
4. When we did get chapters in the hero's POV, it was mostly just a recap of the previous chapter
Insane Book Lover
Jun 17, 2019 rated it it was amazing

Platonic

Instagram Edit Account: @insanebooklover

Sooo, The Sweetest Oblivion has been in TBR list for a while now.
When I started TSO I didn't expect to like it.
Well, let me tell you I LOVED IT.

Both the 'Sweet' Abelli and 'Ace' are characters that you can't help but love.

She is that girl that is trapped in this mafia family and is obliged to adhere to the rules.
And Nico 'Ace' the Don of the Russo family. He just likes to do whatever he feels like.

Both have that chemistry that you can feel
Michelle
Reread April 2019 and I still loved it and my previous review stays the same! I swear I think I could read this book once a month and love it every single time!!! Now I’m off to read the next book because Christian is yummy too! lol Lordy and Sebastian and every mafia guy in this book! lol I hope you wrote a book about them all Danielle!! Please!

5+++++++Stars!!!!
WOW!!! What an awesome book! I did NOT want to put this down once I started! I loved it!! Straight to my favorites shelf!!

Nico...Lordy
Mg ♥ The Bookishmedialite
Jun 17, 2018 rated it really liked it
description

"Elena Abelli was my vice, and fuck if I’d let it kill me.”

I have been reading a lot of new to me authors, and I'm fascinated with all the ah-mazing books I have found out there. The Sweetest Oblivion was my first Danielle Lori's book, and you need to know it won't be my last. I got so lost in Nico & Elena's story, that stop reading was not an option. The writing, the angst, the intensity, the struggle, the love, the hate, all the feelings rolled into a sinfully package. From the very
Beatrice ~ Confessions of a Pinay Bookaholic
I received an ARC from the author in exchange for an honest review.

Full review also posted on Confessions of a Pinay Bookaholic

Elena Abelli is the eldest daughter of Salvatore Abelli, the don of Abelli Family. She's beautiful, polite and refined. Everyone loves her thus earning the nickname "The Sweet Abelli". Her image was tainted after an incident, losing her father's trust.

Her love interest is the youngest don of the Russo family, Nicolas "Ace" Russo. No one dares to cross him. His

• Twisted Pride (The Camorra Chronicles #3)
  • Bitter Heat (Singed, #1)
  • Twisted Emotions (The Camorra Chronicles #2)
  • Collateral
  • Damage
  • Twisted Bonds (The Camorra Chronicles #4)
  • Luca Vitiello (Born in Blood Mafia Chronicles #0)
  • Twisted Loyalties (The Camorra Chronicles, #1)
  • The Kiss Thief
  • Vlad (The V Games, #1)
  • Bad Boy Blues
  • Pretty Reckless (All Saints High, #1)
  • You Can Have Manhattan
  • Untouchable
  • Taken (Dark Legacy Duet, #1)
  • Crow (Boston Underworld, #1)
  • Cruel Prince (Royal Hearts Academy, #1)
  • Confess (Sin City Salvation, #1)

Danielle Lori’s novels incorporate morally questionable heroes, electric hate to love relationships, and sometimes sweet but mostly sassy heroines. She has written in both the fantasy subgenre as well as contemporary, but will never stray from romance.

A normal day for her includes coffee, bodice rippers, and 1990s chick flicks. She lives in small-town Iowa with her husband, son, and too many dogs.

Made (3 books)
  • The Maddest Obsession (Made #2)
  • The Darkest Temptation