Start by marking “Merciless (Alpha Bodyguard, #2)” as Want to Read:
Merciless (Alpha Bodyguard, #2)

Merciless

(Alpha Bodyguard #2)

Bodyguard.

Mercenary.

Gun for hire.

I didn’t care what you called it, the end result was always the same.

You paid me for a job, you got results. The Marines trained me to shoot, but life taught me to aim. Working for the best personal security firm in the business was a stepping stone. Put in my time, build the resume, then move on. I didn’t do attachments, on any level.

Until
ebook
Published November 5th 2018

To ask other readers questions about Merciless, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Merciless

Melanie A.
Nov 13, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: kobo, smutastic
4.5 STARS!
"There's more than chemistry here. I know it."
As always, Ms. Bartel delivers! I've really come to love the world she's created for her ex-Marines, many of whom make cameos in this book. Spending time with these guys is such a pleasure.

Plot in a nutshell: Brooke made a lot of bad choices when she was a teenager. Years later, she's doing her best to escape her past when she meets Garrett, a jaded Marine who's almost finished his third tour.

Though he knows she's trouble, Garrett can
Mindy Lou's Book Review
If you love to read about real alpha men, you gotta read Sybil Bartel's books. Holy moly, does she really know how to bring us a hero who what I call a manly man. These men are pure Alpha. They are military trained. They are deadly. The best part, they are true protectors and so, so good to their women.

Collin is everything I mentioned above and more. Every time I read one of Bartel's books, I gotta make room for a new favorite. I love that she also brings back past heroes to make an appearance i
Samantha I Love HEA Romance Book Blog
Another 5 Star read from this amazing author! Her alpha men are just delicious, and I need more! This book so SOOOO good, I dived right into it even before I read the burb. This book has a whole lot of action, and is definitely a very intriguing read.

Collins is ex military. He is rough, tough, and in my eyes he is an absolute sweetheart! His back story isn’t a terribly happy one. Collins is an alpha just like the rest of his security workmates.
Brookelyn has secrets, secrets that could get her
Juliana Philippa
I love Sybil Bartel and this is the first book of hers I've read in her Alpha Bodyguard series. I didn't like it as much as her others, mostly because the heroine kind of annoyed me. I feel like with Bartel, we a lot of times get these heroines who are in these super bad situations (usually involving an ex or current boyfriend) and I find that annoying, with the constant damsel-in-distress trope, especially since it usually involves the heroine also hiding things that then lead to misc
Elizabeth (Liz)
Nov 08, 2018 rated it liked it
3.75
Somia
Nov 05, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
For me this has been a fab introduction to the work of Sybil Bartel.

The chemistry/heat between Collin and Brookelyn was written and teased out wonderfully.

A strong alpha male who doesn't cross the line into being an ass - perfect. Add in a resilient sassy heroine, action, and a story that flows well and you have yourself a hot engaging read.
Lager & Lefse Book Blog
Thank you, Jaime, for the recommendation of this book. I loved this book and highly recommend it as well! Review to follow!!
Lissanne
Nov 06, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I have never come across another romance author who can create alphas quite as well as this one. Her alphas are hot, unrelenting, bossy and dominating. I found Collins to be a little softer around the edges than his fellow bodyguards, but that made him all the more endearing.

The story starts three years ago. Collins is back in Miami for twenty-four hours to see his ailing mother and he drops in to see a friend, Dax Tyler, (the brother of the Tyler who stars in the next book, Reckless) at his bar
Mikky (Nocturnal Predators Reviews)
Originally posted at:

This was such a good book! I loved seeing characters from this author's other novels coming together to help out a fellow comrade. I like seeing the family dynamic all these grown men have with men they served with in the military.

I adore Collins. He's a perfect balance of the so-called "alpha" trope and being a respectful human being. He doesn't cross the line from "alpha" into jack*ss, which I am eternally grateful to the author for. I liked how he pushed when something w
Lee Piper
Nov 04, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Holy hotness, she’s done it again.

Sybil Bartel’s, Merciless (The Alpha Bodyguard Series) is everything a reader wants in a book. There’s an alpha af hero, resilient, sassy heroine, jam-packed action scenes, and smokin’ hot sex. Heck, your heartrate will double, possibly triple, in some parts of this well-crafted novel.

Well-crafted.

Yep, those two words are synonymous with Bartel’s work. In fact, they represent what I love most about her writing. Sybil is a master at three-dimensional character
Kate Garrard
Jan 01, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Another hit here for Sybil!!! I love her writing. She creates amazing stories with hot and sexy alpha men you can’t or don’t want to say no to. The chemistry has me hooked from the beginning. Can’t wait to get into the next book.
Liz Booker
Nov 05, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Great book! The storyline flowed very well, and quickly. A very enjoyable read.
Kristen Johnson
Oct 22, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Collins Collins Collins. I'll have to think of the words to describe your book.
Christina Youngren
Nov 10, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Amazing, gripping, gut wrenching, funny, sweet, sexy, heart warming and so many more things is what this book was. I didn’t want to put it down and I didn’t want it to end. The characters are spectacular and the story so fabulously written. The chemistry between these two shines through on every page they are and add in the little surprise that sweetens the whole deal and oh my, you have something truly special. Along with them are friends from the past and it’s always so dang awesome seeing the ...more
KittyLuvr
Nov 05, 2018 rated it it was amazing
We are introduced to Collins (a Marine) home from Afganistan for only hours to attend to a family emergency. Exhausted mentally & locked up emotionally, Collins spares a few hours to visit his friend's bar to talk, drink & maybe pick up a woman for the night. It's there he meets Brookelyn, timid, haunted & terrified of people: male or female.
Collins finds Brookelyn pulls at him as no other woman has, her beauty yes, but it is more the expression in her eyes that calls to him like a S
Jeriann Fisher
Nov 03, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I Couldn't Put It Down.

Merciless is Sybil Bartel's new stand-alone & nobody does alpha United States Marine heroes and lightning-paced romantic suspense quite like her. Garrett Collins. Remember that name. He's a tough but tender Marine home on a very short leave when he has a one-night stand with a mysterious, troubled young woman who tells him her name is Brookelyn, but he senses something phony about that. He doesn't care because she pushes all his buttons, if you know what I mean. She wa
Peggy
Nov 12, 2018 rated it it was amazing
My fav author and every book is a must read. I’m not going to specifically tell you what this book is about because you have the blurb and other reviews as well accept to say it’s a five star read. If you haven’t read Sybil Bartel’s entire library _ you are missing out! This author writes books that make you forget everything - they are perfectly written, they flow just right, they captivate and draw you in, they are funny, sweet, action packed and emotionally tense and I guarantee not only that ...more
Leslee
Nov 05, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Collins knew he couldn't walk away from the beautiful woman with the haunted eyes. Stateside for only a matter of hours, he cannot deny the pull he feels. Brookelyn knows she has to get away from here as soon as possible. Her past has come calling and it is never going to let her go. She wants to be in his arms so bad but its impossible. When he asks her to stay in his condo till he gets back from his last tour, she lies and says yes. Three years later and Collins is stunned to see the woman he ...more
Nicole Levy
Merciless is a highly enjoyable, sexy, wild ride jam-packed with some badass bodyguards.

Brooke and Collins are electric together, and their story is high action and far more than just insta-lust.

Merciless is a solid 4.5 stars for me--the pacing is the only thing that kept me from rounding up! Specifically, it's hard to place the prologue (though this could be intentional), and there's a lot of rushing through time for the action to be over pretty quickly. Though it ultimately works, I found my
LianaReads blog
Nov 05, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Sybil Bartel was new to me author until a few months ago when someone recommended her books and I got hooked since then. I love how she manages to describe every character to their souls, the very alpha marines with the biggest heart that falls for sassy heroines.
Although my favourite is Neil, aka the Viking, Garrett comes very close to replace Neil in my list and that’s a huge thing. He is everything i love about a hero. Even after 3 years he still thinks of that night with her and wants her mo
Tracie Simister
Nov 06, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: arc
I gave this Book a rating of ✩’s
Title: Merciless
Series: (The Alpha Bodyguard Series Book 2)
Genre: Former Military Romance, Billionaire Romance
Author: Sybil Bartel
Format: Kindle Edition
Published on: Nov 5, 2018

I voluntarily received a Courtesy Copy of this book from the author and am choosing to leave a review.
>-< >-< >-< >-< >-<>-< >-< >-< >-< >-< >-< >-< >-<
Character’s Descriptions:
Colin is a former Marine turned Body
Karen
Nov 09, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I didn't trust all the 5 star reviews when I was vetting this book because none of the ppl I followed ever read it and I did not recognize not one name of the reviewers below . So, I thought...this is probably all the authors friends and they're just supporting their friend. Boy oh boy, even if that was/ IS the case is does not matter because the book is definitely 5 stars for me as well! I DEVOURED this book!!

I'm going to read Scandalous and see if Sybil Bartel can capture me again the way she
Sabrina Pawn
Nov 05, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Sybil never ceases to amaze me! The Alpha Bodyguard Series- Merciless is another 5 star read that left me speechless and loving her books even more.

Collins and Brookelyn were everything. This book was scorching hot and amazing!!! My God the chemistry, his alphaness, her stubbornness, everything was hands down the best and left me wanting more, in my feels, drooling from the mouth- it left me wanting so much more.

I loved this book and I can’t wait to read Tyler and Sawyers story. Job well done
Bookbesties
Apr 17, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Getting better

With each new book I read by this author I find I like her more and more. The blurb made me think most of this story takes place in the present but it takes place in the past for almost 45% of the book. Which I didn’t like, but it still didn’t take away from the story. I liked how Garrett and Brooke met and instantly felt something souls deep but it was years before they professed that. Add in a baby he didn’t know about and the Cartel and you have a book with romance, steamy sex a
M
Dec 01, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Collins is a Marine. He is home on a short leave when he meets Brookelyn. Brookelyn is a woman haunted by her past who is running and has no intention of getting close to anyone. They spend a night together and then don’t see each other for three years, when Collins sees her with a child who is his spitting image. But things are not what they seem and though he his beyond angry at her he makes some startling realizations. Will they be able to find a way through the mess that is her life? I reall ...more
Sin City Romance Reads
Nov 05, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Merciless gets ALL the stars!! Yet another scorcher from Sybil Bartel! This book had everything. Bad guys, car chases, shoot outs & of course a serious alpha fighting for the love of his life. Sybil never disappoints with the action & the sexiness. This time is no different.

To read about why I love Sybil Bartel's books so much & for my full review click on the link below. But beware of spoilers!
Jaime Ryter
Nov 04, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I am having a hard time finding words for how far I've fallen in love with Sybil Bartel's alpha men! She is quite literally the "Queen of Alpha Heroes"! Merciless was the second book in the Alpha Bodyguard series and was such a GREAT read! It had everything I like in a book: Military Alpha man, action, angst, and a HEA.

Sybil has quickly become a "one-click" author to me, no matter what the story is about! I can't wait for book three to be released!
Wendy Douglas
Dec 05, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Sybil Bartel is one of my go-to authors. I anticipate every release of hers.

I struggled with this one a bit at the beginning. The heroine's situation bothered me a lot, and I didn't like the control the villain had. In that way, I'd say Sybil did her job excellently. It just wasn't my cuppa.

However, once things really started to roll between the H/H--about halfway through the book--I warmed up to it considerably. I loved how it all worked out, and I'm anxious to start the next one.
T. Dawn Dawn.
Dec 13, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Boy oh boy does Collins give the other alphas a run for their money! All of these books elicit such an epic volume of emotion it's mind blowing. Everyone can find a relatable character in these books and I found mine in Brookelyn. Seeing her cope with the things she was going through showed me that it's possible. The plot is BEAUTIFULLY written and Sybil is an absolute druid of the written art. If you don't love her work, are you even human?
Azalia
Nov 12, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Sybil just keeps going and going and going!! She writes the best Alpha, ex- military, brotherhood books. Merciless comes at you full force and you get sucked in from the beginning til the very end. Sybil has the best way of bringing characters from other books to be part of her stories. In Merciless “Collins” meets “Brooklynn” and an insta connection is made. It’s powerful for both and new. Things in their past and misunderstandings get in the way of their HEA. They both are fighters they both w ...more
  • Olin (A Brikken Motorcycle Club Saga, #3)
  • Promise
  • Lethal Temptations (Tempted Series, #5)
  • Closer (Loose Ends, #2)
  • Sadist (Malicious Intent M.C. #1)
  • Hunter (The Bad Disciples MC Book 2)
  • Exotic Racing Crusader (Exotic Racers #1)
  • Dancing for the Badman (Russian Bratva, #3)
  • Dirty Tactics (Special Weapons & Tactics, #1)
  • Score
  • Rogan (Men of Siege, #1)
  • Revved (Axle Alley Vipers, #2)
  • Wanted: An Outlaw Anthology
  • Down & Dirty: Diesel (Dirty Angels MC, #4)
Sybil grew up in Northern California with her head in a book and her feet in the sand. She used to dream of becoming a painter but the heady scent of libraries with their shelves full of books about wistful summer days and first loves drew her into the world of storytelling.

Sybil now resides in Southern Florida and while she doesn't get to read as much as she likes, she still buries her toes in t

Alpha Bodyguard (6 books)
  • Scandalous (Alpha Bodyguard, #1)
  • Reckless (Alpha Bodyguard, #3)
  • Ruthless (Alpha Bodyguard, #4)
  • Fearless (Alpha Bodyguard, #5)
  • Callous (Alpha Bodyguard, #6)