Start by marking “Scandalous (Alpha Bodyguard, #1)” as Want to Read:
Scandalous (Alpha Bodyguard, #1)

Scandalous

(Alpha Bodyguard #1)

Bodyguard.

Babysitter.

Chauffer.

Not what the hell I thought I’d be doing with my life.

Especially not for a spoiled Hollywood actress on location in Miami Beach. But triple pay and carrying a gun had its advantages. I’d shove away paparazzi and screaming fans for a lot less. The Marines trained me to be Force Recon — intimidation and crowd control was child’s play compared to
ebook
Published September 10th 2018

To ask other readers questions about Scandalous, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Scandalous

Start your review of Scandalous (Alpha Bodyguard, #1)
Melanie A.
Sep 16, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: kobo
4 STARS!
This wasn't sex. This was mind-altering fucking, and it only had one outcome. Addiction.
God, this book was trashy! So classless, so tacky, and even offensive in some parts . . . and I loved it! What a luxurious wallow in the alpha-smut gutter. :D

On the surface, Audrina is a spoiled, out-of-control Hollywood starlet, and Tank is her arrogant, unfeeling, muscle-bound security. Dig a little deeper, and . . . yeah, they were still mainly those things, but they did have somethin
Princess under cover
Apr 28, 2019 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommended to Princess under cover by: Debra Johnson
3.5 stars rounded down.

After the first 10% of countless “fucks” in terms of language, not actual, my eyes kinda glazed over and I stopped paying attention. I like to read stories, not just insanity. And I know military curse a lot, but that was excessive. You can still have a story along with the cursing.

The first part with her making animal noises in the back seat was ok... the middle part with the actual f*cking was 👍🏻. The rest of it was a blur.

My fave scene was when she’s sitting in the bath
Debra Johnson
Scandalous by Sybil Bartel
Genres: Adult, Humor/Comedy, Romance
4.5 Stars

I had a load of fun reading this one.
There were times I laughed and grinned so hard it made my cheeks and jaws hurt.

The story flowed smooth as silk. It was so easy to read I finished it in record time! I am a slow reader. This book flew by! 🦅

Both mc's are awesome and easy to connect to.
Together they are hot and steamy.
Explosive!
And HILARIOUS!

There are some really crazy scenes and poor Dreena seems to be the catalyst. At least
Mindy Lou's Book Review
Audrina is a 24 year old A-list actress embroiled in the scandal of her life. Tank is a former marine, turned body guard working for Luna and Associates and Audrina is his newest client.

Holy cow. This couple was like watching a lit match get thrown into a pile of explosives. I really didn't know what to think of these two at first. You're not going to get sweet and romantic with this couple but you sure are going to see a lot of heat.

I did not like Audrina when we first get introduced to her. I
Leila
4.5 lock and key stars!

Lock and key, she fit me like a glove.

Whew! Excuse me while I just cool off...that was a seriously hot read!

I was in the mood for something smutty after all of the rom-coms I've been reading lately and a good friend suggested I try out anything by Sybil Bartel so I decided to start with her Alpha Bodyguard Series. This was my first introduction to Ms Bartel's work and let me tell you it did not disappoint and it will definitely not be the last.

Tank is the epito
Vaishali • [V.L. Book Reviews]
R A T I N G: Stars undecided because I'm so confused!

'I had everything.
But I didn't want any of it.
I wanted the touch of a man who cared.
A smile meant only for me.
A summer evening under the stars with no camera.
A month, a week, hell, a day without obligation.
I wanted country roads and Sunday drives.
I wanted holding hands and stolen kisses.
I wanted everything simple..
But the man who'd just held me, the man who'd been named by a mother who believed in the beauty of a predator, he wasn't sim
Ros 🌼
Jun 12, 2019 rated it liked it
3.5 alpha male stars!

I had no expectations going into this book whatsoever; this is a new author for me. I’ve been trying to read outside of what I like to call my “comfort blanket” authors recently. Glancing through the reviews, it seems that Sybil Bartel is known for her scrumptious alpha males and if Scandalous is anything to go by, then sign me up because Tank, well, hot damn!

Falcon ‘Tank’ Gunther, a former marine, and now personal security is given a new client to protect. This client be
Coco.V
Apr 05, 2019 marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: freebie
🎁 FREE on iBooks today (4/5/2019)! 🎁

Blurb:
Bodyguard.

Babysitter.

Chauffeur.

Not what the hell I thought I’d be doing with my life.

Especially not for a spoiled Hollywood actress on location in Miami Beach. But triple pay and carrying a gun had its advantages. I’d shove away paparazzi and screaming fans for a lot less. The Marines trained me to be Force Recon—intimidation and crowd control was child’s play compared to four tours. This assignment should’ve been easy money.

But the doe-eyed starlet
L Cherry
Aug 18, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Hot and exciting

This is a new author for me recommended by a friend on goodreads. I am really glad to have found her.

The characters really grabbed my attention and kept me interested. I expected something similar to all the other bodyguard novels I have read, but this had an interesting edge to it. Super hot and a good story!
Lee Piper
Sep 07, 2018 rated it it was amazing
To be honest, I was hesitant in starting, Scandalous (The Alpha Bodyguard, #1). Not because I thought it wouldn’t live up to my expectations, but because I knew it would surpass them.

You see, Sybil Bartel knows how to craft alphas. Her heroes are a romance reader’s wet dream. They’re what women (and some men) conjure in their deepest, darkest fantasies. Bartel’s heroes are unapologetic, uncompromising, and so freaking hot, they need to come with some form of signage—a warning label will do.

So,
Mikky (Nocturnal Predators Reviews)
Originally posted at:

My expectations were high for this novel because I've loved most (if not all) of this author's past few book releases. I'm so glad that this novel stood up to my expectations! This authors writing style is so good! The overall pacing of the story was perfect. I love seeing this authors evolution in every book she releases because they keep getting better and better.

Dreena was an interesting character with somewhat of a dark backstory. You never knew what mood she was an
Mette
Dec 15, 2019 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Awful 🤢🤮
Reading
Nov 04, 2019 rated it it was ok
Scandalous is a near perfect example of a story that could have been something great and took a turn into a predictable hot mess. Not so bad I won't read this author again, though. I see potential.

Note to authors: There is no obligation nor unwritten rule that states a story needs to be as tropetastic as possible. Choose no more than 3 and see how that works
Lissanne Jones
Sep 10, 2018 rated it it was amazing
There’s nobody who writes alpha males quite like Sybil Bartel, and she doesn’t disappoint with the latest in the amazing universe she’s created. It started with the Alpha Escort series, then moved into The Uncompromising series, and now we have Scandalous, the first in the Alpha Bodyguard series.

Audrina “Dreena” MacKenzie is a famous actress, having made the leap from child star successfully. She’s originally assigned to Tyler, but when he fails to keep her contained as she strips and runs acro
Candace
Audrina Mackenzie, an actress, is running butt-naked on South Beach. Her bodyguard, Tyler, captures her, picks her up and puts her over his shoulder. Mackenzie keeps talking about saving her from drowning. Tyler acts like he's swimming with her on his shoulder. Once she is contained in Tank's SUV, Tyler's boss, André, tells him he's off the case. He assigns Tank Gunther as Audrina's new bodyguard. Tank takes her to his condo and handcuffs her to his bed.

Audrina meets with her agent, her publici
Samantha I Love HEA Romance Book Blog
TANK!!!! Gahhhhh, this book is just so damn good!!! This is the first book I have read by this author and let me tell you, it WILL NOT be my last. This book is so so so SO good. I was hanging on every word, every page, every scene that involved Tank...

Tank is the definition of alpha.... I am sure if we looked it up in the dictionary his face would be right there on the page. He is alpha, dominant, and oh so sexy. He is such a brooding, dirty talking hunk who had me swooning. no shame here, I fr
Jeanne
Sep 09, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: arc-direct, jeep-diva
I got off to a rocky start with this book. The language was harsh and the initial sexual situations almost unpleasant as Tank and Audrina try to break through each other's barriers. The storytelling was good enough to keep me involved even when I wasn't sure I was going to like it! I'm glad I kept reading. I began to really like Tank and Audrina as I learned more about what made them the closed off, hard to get to know. Then the relationship started to become more real, less dysfunctional and I ...more
Metalkarin
Fast paced and immersive

Characters: ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
I loved Tank (and his Alpha Crazy Mad Intense vibe). I liked Audrina, despite her issues and irrational decisions. Luna (although a small role) is interesting, too.
I didn’t really get a ‘feel’ with the other side characters.

Story: ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
It isn’t a very original storyline (actress and bodyguard hate/love relationship), but Sybil Bartel managed to tell the story in a way I enjoyed.
I have the feeling she could have been more descriptive in places, but a
Missy Noecker
Sep 14, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Audrina and Tank are great together! Tank works for Luna and Associates which we've met in the author's previous stories and Audrina is a Hollywood star. Her security detail becomes his assignment and she just wants to be normal. I loved their interactions especially when she flies off the handle. I can't wait for more of this series!
BJ
May 27, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: loved-it
What was this? The H is a lean mean machine, grunts and grumps his way through the book - he was great. The h was so vulnerable and seemed to be out of control. She's in a bad place but soon we see her strength and although she is young, she knows what matters. Still life kept throwing up rotten people, and she just kept moving on. I really liked them and the silly situations that made for great reading. Loved it.
Renee
Dec 11, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This book has it all...mystery, scandal, a hot dominant alpha, a heroine searching who she really is, and is flaming hot. This is easily one of my favorite series with recurring characters and intertwined stories. Sybil is queen of the alphas!
Kristen Johnson
Aug 28, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Full Review to Come soon!
Nephy
Sep 26, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 5-stars
Yey! Another great author to look forward to. This books is oozing with alpha hotness. I loved it
Alyssa Skaggs
Apr 28, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This was a very good book. First time I’ve read anything from this author.
Jordan
This was a new to me author but I'm always intrigued by a bodyguard trope. Ultimately, this was a big fat nope for me for one reason: Tank was a major dick.

I can handle a hero who's into 1NS and no-strings attached relationships, but Tank took it to almost a pathological level that had me wondering if he even liked women? As in, did he even see women as anything else than a means to an end to get his rocks off?

And I wasn't sure that Tank even liked Audrina for most of the book. He called her sp
Josh
Aug 26, 2019 rated it liked it
I finally got down to reading the very first entry in this series. I wasn't expecting Tank to be the foul-mouthed, dominating "alpha" he is, but he is all that...and more. (Like, I can only guess the size of his enormous dick.) What's disappointing about his character is that not much is revealed about him other than the constant mention of his time in the Marines. He spills a few beans about his parentage, but not much else. Who is he, really? In the end, he simply becomes a caricature of a dom ...more
Jos
Jan 13, 2019 rated it liked it
2.5-3 Stars

Another ehhhhh for me. I didn't quite like the h of this story from the start and never really warmed up to her character! The H was ok but nothing that stirred me up. will I try again in this series, yes, and hopefully the storyline and characters will draw my attention in next time:)
Hailey
Oct 17, 2019 rated it really liked it
4.5 Stars
Belle
Sep 29, 2018 rated it it was amazing
5 sexy delicious alpha stars for Scandalous !

I never give 5 stars. Ever. Unless it's this novel, or Sybil Bartel in general because I just love her so much.

I recently discovered Sybil Bartel by a complete accident, and let me tell you I am so happy that I did. "Scandalous" is the first book in the series of standalone alpha bodyguard novels. This series is a spin-off of the "Uncompromising Series" which follows multiple marine men with different stories. (Highly recommend reading Andre's st
Mia Searles (The Muses Circle)
I was kindly gifted with an ARC copy of Scandalous for my honest opinion and I must apologize to the author for my late review. However, I am thrilled to shout to the roof tops that Scandalous, the first in Sybil Bartel’s new Alpha Bodyguard series, was a mouth watering, addictive read that I honestly inhaled. This really isn’t a shocker since this has happened to me every. single. time. with her books. You just can’t stop once you start one of her stories!

Sybil Bartel has become my go-to author
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »

• Tempting Levi (Cade Brothers, #1)
  • Maneuver (Men of Inked: Southside, #1)
  • Rascal (Rascals #1)
  • Ruined (His For A Week, #5)
  • Naughty or Ice (Buffalo Tempest Hockey, #1)
  • Intrigued (The Dark Christmases Trilogy Book 1)
  • Mr. Pink (The Case Brothers, #1)
  • Ryker (Kings of Korruption MC #1)
  • Ride Hard (Fortitude MC Book 1)
  • Submitting to the Marquis (Scandalous Ballroom Encounters, #4)
  • Dirty Player (Back to You, #2)
  • Forbidden (Her British Stepbrother #1)
  • Falcon (Men of Siege #4)
  • A Ruthless Lust
  • Burndown (Nitro Crew, #1)
  • Being Nobody (Witness, #1)
  • My First Second Chance
  • Inferno of Love (Firefighters of Long Valley, #2)
Sybil grew up in Northern California with her head in a book and her feet in the sand. She used to dream of becoming a painter but the heady scent of libraries with their shelves full of books about wistful summer days and first loves drew her into the world of storytelling.

Sybil now resides in Southern Florida and while she doesn't get to read as much as she likes, she still buries her toes in t

Alpha Bodyguard (9 books)
  • Merciless (Alpha Bodyguard, #2)
  • Reckless (Alpha Bodyguard, #3)
  • Ruthless (The Alpha Bodyguard Series, #4)
  • Fearless (Alpha Bodyguard, #5)
  • Callous (Alpha Bodyguard, #6)
  • Relentless (Alpha Bodyguard, #7)
  • Shameless (Alpha Bodyguard, #8)
  • Heartless (Alpha Bodyguard, #9)