Start by marking “The Everlasting Rose (The Belles, #2)” as Want to Read:
The Everlasting Rose (The Belles, #2)

The Everlasting Rose

(The Belles #2)

In this sequel to the instant New York Times bestseller, Camille, her sister Edel, and her guard and new love Remy must race against time to find Princess Charlotte. Sophia's Imperial forces will stop at nothing to keep the rebels from returning Charlotte to the castle and her rightful place as queen. With the help of an underground resistance movement called The Iron Ladi ...more
Published March 5th 2019 by Freeform

To ask other readers questions about The Everlasting Rose, please sign up.
Tiffanie Dang I asked Dhonielle this question at YALLWest and she said, "It is for now." So there might be more books...
Brooke March 5, 2019 is when it will be out
The Wicked King by Holly BlackKing of Scars by Leigh BardugoNinth House by Leigh BardugoThe Priory of the Orange Tree by Samantha ShannonChildren of Virtue and Vengeance by Tomi Adeyemi
Can't Wait Books of 2019
1,463 books — 3,987 voters
The Wicked King by Holly BlackKing of Scars by Leigh BardugoThe Gilded Wolves by Roshani ChokshiFinale by Stephanie GarberA Curse So Dark and Lonely by Brigid Kemmerer
YA Novels of 2019
870 books — 2,962 voters

More lists with this book...

Start your review of The Everlasting Rose (The Belles, #2)
megs_bookrack
Dec 18, 2018 rated it liked it
Shelves: arcs-read
**3.5 stars**

ATTENTION:

This review contains minor spoilers for The Belles, therefore:

PROCEED WITH CAUTION.

The evil Princess Sophia is set to rise to the throne on claims that her older sister, Charlotte, is dead.

She has sinister plans for the Belles and the future of beauty work throughout Orleans.

Camellia, once the kingdom's favorite, is on the run. Forced to flee after the events of the first book, she now finds herself on the outside looking in.

Pairing up with some old favorites, inclu
Cesar
Sep 06, 2018 rated it it was ok
2 stars.

*contains minor spoilers*

description

Me too, Zen. Me too.

The Everlasting Rose is what I would call rushed product. This being second (and maybe the end of Camille's POV) book in the series, I had expected more from it. By that, I mean we get a satisfying entry to the series and the plot and characters would be more fleshed out. But what I got was a rushed book that should've been a bit longer.

Yes, I know, this coming from a person who sometimes says that a book is unnecessarily long and could be sh
Nenia ⚔️ Queen of Villainy ⚔️ Campbell

Instagram || Twitter || Facebook || Amazon || Pinterest

On the surface, The Belles series really doesn't seem like it should work. The concept of a dystopian society overturned by a teenage revolutionary has been done to death thanks in part to the wildly successful Hunger Games and Divergent series. The Belles, in particular, is highly reminiscent of the shallow and superficial Capitol elite in THE HUNGER GAMES, with over-the-top costumes, high premiums on beauty and luxury, and a laissez-fa
Vanessa
Jun 03, 2018 rated it it was ok
The Belles - ★★★★
The Everlasting Rose - ★★ 1/2

Ehhhhh... I'm a little disappointed. No one is as sad as I am. I mean, I was dealing with multiple health issues while trying to finish this, so I don't know if that impacted my overall enjoyment.

Also, I feel like this felt much like a second book in a trilogy, not the conclusion to a duology??? There better be a third book forthcoming called The Iron Ladies, Miss. Dhonielle.

World-building: 3 stars // I didn't feel like we got more development of O
Frank-Intergalactic Bookdragon
The ranting revolution is here.

The Belles is a book that I think of quite fondly. Sure it has issues, and yeah maybe if I read it today I wouldn't like it as much. But I admire how bold it was, it must have taken Dhonielle Clayton a great amount of courage to talk about something so personal in such a devastating and unapologetic way. It's a book that truly made me take a good look at how toxic society is.

The strength of the first book and what made it stand out to me among the sea of YA fantasi
Tucker  (TuckerTheReader)

**3.5 Stars**

I had a while to think about this. I mulled it over in my head and I'm feeling rather conflicted. On its own, The Everlasting Rose was a great book but as a sequel and a finale, I must say I am a bit disappointed.

Maybe it was my fault though. One of my bad habits with finales is that I get so excited to see what the ending is that I don't slow down and enjoy the actual story. Whoops! 😂

The characters and plot was just as exciting as book one. I hope we get to see more in this world
Adah Udechukwu
Mar 08, 2019 rated it really liked it
The Everlasting Rose was not as an awesome Book 1. The 4 stars i gave The Everlasting Rose is in honour of Book 1. Book 2 isn't really worth it.
Obsidian
Mar 25, 2019 rated it it was ok
Honestly I am always worried when a debut author puts their second book out. I always worry that I am comparing it too much to the first. However, since the first book by Clayton was the first book in this series, I can't help but compare it. And I have to say that the second book didn't work for me at all. I was bored and just kept waiting for something (anything to happen). This book didn't expand the world the reader had found out about in book #1. There was barely any development to any char ...more
Cortney LaScola - The Bookworm Myrtle Beach
3.5 stars rounded up to 4 because I love the world of Orleans and The Belles.

The Everlasting Rose was a bit disappointing as a follow up to The Belles, which I loved. I can't quite pinpoint it, but it was missing some of the magic of the first book. Still enjoyed it, and I will definitely continue reading the series (if there are more).
Danielle (Life of a Literary Nerd)
“Beauty is blood and bone and sovereignty: a perfect smile is its greatest weapon.”

I’m so pleasantly by this book and I actually really enjoyed it. I loved the world of the Belles and the luxe history and descriptive writing, but I had problems with some of the characters and plot points. But Everlasting Rose surpassed my expectations and gave me everything I wanted for the story in this world. Set immediately after the events of The Belles, Camille is looking for her sisters and a w
Tanya Tate
DNF @ 47%
I have a huge feeling that I'm never going back to this.
I forgave the first one for not getting really good until half way mark since the world was still getting established but this.
Nope!
The best thing about it was Remy and he was barely in the 47% I have read.
For a book to be a revolution it was not jumping at all.
¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪SomeBunny Reads (Phoenix)•*¨*•♫♪
"The journey home from Trianon feels a thousand moments longer than the first one"
errrr.... aehm... 🤦🤦

I did not expect that much from this book, the second in a series that was already flawed from the beginning... but you know, I really enjoyed the first one and I was very curious to know how the story went on and (hopefully) ended. But this one, I mean... just no.

I am not giving one star because of how much I liked the first book and how hyped I was for this release (you may have noticed I or
Ardent Reader
I was really hoping for more. Anyway, its better than the first book.

Most of the story was about hiding in safe houses and planning. And at the end it was fast paced; all what Camille has planned was happened too quickly.
And.... why does Camille do so many stupid things in this story?
The group so called Iron ladies did nothing at the end as they had planned; it was only Camille finished the work herself. But the glory was just taken by the Ion Ladies.
Lastly, there was no indication about August
Stacy Fetters
Nov 23, 2018 rated it really liked it
"You and your sisters spent your entire existence altering appearances, shifting reality, catering to the most shallow whims. The birth of this world came out of a rotten, poisonous seed- and now, the framework is laced with it. Everyone spends all their time trying to look like something else. The masses will believe what is presented to them, as long as it’s compelling and beautiful. Thanks to you, they no longer have any idea what’s real- what’s true.”

I’m not even sure how this is possible bu
Kiera
Aug 22, 2019 rated it liked it
Shelves: ya, 2019, 2019-releases
I have mixed feelings about this book. The first book was incredible but this one just didn’t lead up to my expectations.

I felt like this book was very rushed especially towards the end of the book.
Kaitlin
May 07, 2019 rated it liked it
A solid continuation and finale to the world which began in The Belles. I definitely enjoyed returning to the world and seeing the rebellion grow. This was much more about taking back control and defining a new way to live which is not controlled by a ruler or beauty standards. It's got a lot of good moments, and I enjoyed it, but it is also pretty predictable. I'd give it a solid 3.75*s still though and recommend to any who like YA. :)
Jessica | Booked J
The Belles Series:
The Belles : ★★★★☆
The Everlasting Rose : ★★★☆☆
Untitled: TBD

Blog | Twitter | Instagram

Review originally posted here on Booked J.

"But safety is never permanent. I suppose like beauty, it's unpredictable."

The Belles was one of my favourite reads of 2018. It was everything I wanted from a YA novel (but with a few tropes I wasn't terribly keen on) and then some: luxurious, poignant, emotional, full of a new kind of fantasy and armed with some heavy truths on the standards
Cassie O. | Lost In Tomes
A decent sequel but as a possible finale it leaves something to be desired. I feel like the author purposely left the door open a crack so she can come back and write more if she desires (and/or the interest is there). However it's still closed enough that if she doesn't we'll survive.

It's an interesting one, I have a lot to digest still on this... more thoughts to come.
Books on Stereo
Mar 24, 2019 rated it it was amazing
The Everlasting Rose is a short, concise ending to a game-changing duology. Do yourself a favor and read The Belles and The Everlasting Rose back-to-back for the best reading experience.
Rae
Feb 05, 2019 rated it liked it
Shelves: bt-e-book, fiction, arc, 2019
The Everlasting Rose by Dhonielle Clayton picks up where The Belles left off. With Camille, her sister Edel, and her guard Rémy on the run, they're on a mission to find Princess Charlotte and put a halt to Sophia's reign of terror.

Similar to how I felt about The Belles, The Everlasting Rose was okay, but it didn't blow me away. I did find it more engaging than the first book in the series--there was more action and more excitement--which was nice. It was well-written, but I never felt sucked int
Latanya (Crafty Scribbles)
"Deficiency is weakness. Beauty is power."

Last year, Dhonielle Clayton introduced us to The Belles last year and their illustrious world filled with lush landscapes and beautiful men and women. However, as stunning as their world can be, what lies underneath demonstrates ugliness and cruelty.

At what cost, beauty?

In her sequel, The Everlasting Rose, we see how far the ugliness grows and those willing to resist and rebel to keep it from spreading and existing. As the story begins, we see Camelia,
Stacia | stacialovestoread
*thank you so much to Netgalley & to Freeform publishing for granting me this eARC in exchange for an honest review*

Whoa.
Honestly that’s all I can say.
Dhonielle has followed up (and maybe even surpassed) her previous work, The Belles, with book 2. Camillia is fully rounded character and her growth from the first book shows. No longer is she the delicate flower, hoping to be the favorite of the royal house; she is strong, determined, and in love.

Our story opens with Camillia and Co. as fugitiv
Diana
Mar 26, 2019 rated it really liked it
Review available on march, 26th, 2019 here: https://youtu.be/fMCmtkXYUR0

It took me a bit to read because some harsh aspects if life got tangled around the lecture, and tbh i think i should re-read the whole thing again so it can unite better.onto my head, because I kinda feel there are lagunes on my head where information shoukd have meshed up and instead keep drifting and jumbling. Again, it is due to personal situations and distress and not related to the book.
*mk*
Oct 07, 2018 rated it it was ok
Was this book even written by the same author? What a mess. Character development is all over the place. Subtlety goes out the window. Insta-love. This feels like two books crammed into one. Will there be a sequel or is the series wrapped up? I have no idea. This book is overloaded. What happened?
laurel [suspected bibliophile]
Camille has escaped from evil Sophia's clutches, but the princess has captured her Belle sisters and is building a prison that will house a monstrous creche of slave Belles to cater to the demands for more beauty.

I think this is one of those, it's not you, it's me books.

I enjoyed the first one, with the decadence overlaid and supported by an unseen/purposefully ignored slave system of magic users and was really anticipating where this book would go. How would the system be dismantled? Where did
AziaMinor
I felt like I just read the first book but made even less sense. RTC
Kaya
May 12, 2019 rated it really liked it
This was even better than the first book! The stakes were higher, and the writing was still just as gorgeous yet toned down to better get the point across. I literally could rant about the writing forever because it is BEAUTIFUL.

Camelia and Rèmy are SO CUTE I COULD RANT FOREVER. I felt like both of their character arcs were done incredibly well, and had development galore. Every choice naturally had consequences and the characters learned from their mistakes. The world was explored so much more
Lois
A solid 3.75 Stars rounded up
This was not was I was expecting but I liked it quite a nit
kav (xreadingsolacex)
"Beauty is blood and bone and sovereignty; a perfect smile is its greatest weapon."

Like the stunning cover of this novel, The Everlasting Rose is a breathtakingly stunning novel - the sequel to The Belles.

In this fantasy series, we follow Camellia Beauregard, who lives in the world of Orleans, a world in which people are born looking dull and gray and utilize the services of Belles, which Camellia is, in order to achieve beauty.

This is a series all about the implications of our socie
Emma
Apr 20, 2019 rated it it was ok
When you forgot to mark a book as 'read'...haha, awkward. Essentially, this is just another badly written sequel-I would call it a 'sophomore slump' if it wasn't the end of the series. That's why it's SO disappointing because it was supposed to be the 'go out with a bang' finale. I'll give credit where credit is due and say it did that...in the extremely rushed, last 15% of the book. This entire book was just like awkward filler until the final pages...like, it didn't even build up the anticipat ...more

• Deathless Divide (Dread Nation, #2)
  • Niemandsstadt
  • A Dream So Dark (Nightmare-Verse, #2)
  • With the Fire on High
  • Stars Crossed - Silberblut
  • We Set the Dark on Fire (We Set the Dark on Fire, #1)
  • Slay
  • A Song Below Water
  • Shattered- Schwarzes Blut
  • A Blade So Black (Nightmare-Verse, #1)
  • Tiny Pretty Things (Tiny Pretty Things, #1)
  • Truly (In Love #1)
  • Children of Virtue and Vengeance (Legacy of Orïsha, #2)
  • Finale (Caraval, #3)
  • Shiny Broken Pieces (Tiny Pretty Things, #2)
  • Spin the Dawn (The Blood of Stars, #1)
  • Four Dead Queens
  • Five ​Dark Fates (Three Dark Crowns, #4)
Born and raised in the suburbs of Washington, D.C., Dhonielle spent much of her childhood hiding beneath her grandmother's dining table with a stack of books. As an English teacher at a ballet academy, Clayton rediscovered her passion for children's and young adult literature. To ground herself in the canon, she pursued her Masters in Children's Literature from Hollins University before receiving ...more

The Belles (3 books)
  • The Belles (The Belles, #1)
  • Untitled (Belles, #3)

Articles featuring this book

When looking for the best recommendations in the young adult genre, we decided to turn to YA authors themselves. Narrowing ...
“Maman never told me what to do when the world falls apart like a dress ripped at its seams, the beads scattering into faraway corners, the fabric a storm of shredded pieces left destroyed and unrecognizable. She never told me how to battle the nightmares that creep in like icy shadows, lingering behind closed eyes. She never told me what to do when all the color leaks out of the world like blood oozing from a mortal wound.” 2 likes
“The world is vaster and more beautiful than she ever described. Each corner of it feels different and unique, part of a puzzle with disparate pieces that somehow fit together.” 1 likes