Start by marking “Thelema: Book 0 - The Fool (Mystic Will)” as Want to Read:
Thelema: Book 0 - The Fool (Mystic Will)

Thelema: Book 0 - The Fool

(Mystic Will 0)

What if you were born into a world where the gods once walked among men and women? Where you wake up every morning to find a mystical pendant around your neck and know, as everyone knows, that the gods had granted you this awesome gift, to house your will, allowing you to perform incredible feats. But what if that blessing was also a curse in that it tethered your soul to ...more
Kindle Edition
Published March 16th 2018 by The Darkness Files

Win a Copy of This Book

• Thelema by Marushia Dark
    Thelema: The Fool (Mystic Will, #0)
    Release date: Mar 16, 2018
    Tired of remakes, ripoffs, and reboots? Looking for something new and original? Searching for the perfect holiday gift this season to give to that ...more

Format: Kindle book

Giveaway ends in: a

Availability: 100 copies available, 696 people requesting

Giveaway dates: Nov 21 - Dec 21, 2019

Countries available: U.S.

• Friend Reviews

Start your review of Thelema: Book 0 - The Fool (Mystic Will)
    Tony Parsons
    Jun 07, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
    The master artisans of the gods took great care to design each individual person’s pendant called Thelema with his/her talents, desires, & life’s will.
    Star Maiden & the other Gods figured out this wasn’t such a great idea.
    Water Bearer (Star Maiden’s husband) must find a solution to the problem.

Hanji Tsudzukeru (Jane’s clerk), & Adaiah (f, Notary, Thelema) were by her side.
    Hanji’s Thelema reads The Servant Acquires.
    Bunyan Logging & Blue Ox Shipping were in their respective
    Maryann Breece
    Jul 30, 2018 rated it liked it
    This review is challenging to write. Thelema: Book 0 is not a bad book per say. It makes for a challenge to review due to the fact that it is the first in a series.
    The First book of a series is always a challenge. Each author creates their own world within the pages of the book. When dealing with a series there is a lot of items within the world that need to be explained in order for you to get what is happening. Marushia Dark has created a very rich and distinct world.

The world of Severa is
    Tosin Olanrewaju
    Aug 01, 2018 rated it liked it
    The book Thelema: mystic will is a thorough read. A detailed fantasy, with a parallel insight into our very own reality.
    Marushia Dark is an enchanting author, taking his reader through truly vivid scenes, properly explained sceneries, witty conversations and personable characters making fantasy look just like real life.
    The book Thelema is obviously a first of its series, and I can hardly wait to read the subsequent ones. Though i will say some of the conversations were unnecessarily long but as
    Jacilda Refalo
    Oct 10, 2018 rated it really liked it
    First of all this book is a prequel, a teaser, for what looks like a Game of Thrones size series.
    It has a lot of characters, who are pretty well fleshed out, there are glimpses of their motivations, which is good as some characters seem to be plotting and planning a bit of world domination, while others want justice for all. Other characters are a complete mystery.
    The world building is good, it feels like a modernish America, with 'magic'.
    It does make a refreshing change to have a fantasy novel
    Ania
    Jul 25, 2018 rated it it was amazing
    Christopher Jenerette
    Oct 10, 2018 rated it really liked it
    This book is an excellent way productively pass the time, and since I’m a college student it helps me spend my free time in a positive way. It also have a few scenes that reminded me of the political climate from 2015 and onward without biases, so you don’t have worry about reading the same themes and cliches you’ve probably heard before but I’ll admit the black people’s speech patterns are a tad bit cliche and outdated in my opinion. I usually read comics and manga but some characters, in my ...more
    Munie  Moe
    Dec 09, 2018 rated it really liked it
    Thelema is a quite interesting novel because the settings is seems modern but at the same time it give the feeling of medieval environment based on places and clothes of characters. It is having a sci fi elements. The existence of human and juristic creature in one world is also fit in. The storyline is good but there is too much character make me confused but I am taking it as a introduction for the next novel.

As for the character, the development is going well. Every characters have their own
    Anna Szabó
    It took me considerable time to read this book. One of the reasons is the editing. There were some unfinished sentences and soem other errors as well. The other reason is the complexity of the story. There are lots of characters with their own storylines. Sometimes I found it hard to follow that many skipping between characters.

What I liked was the world-building. There is magic in this world and technology and vehicles which are part sentient beings. I found this pretty cool.
    It would be nice
    Kerstin Vollbrecht
    May 24, 2018 rated it it was ok
    This book is centered in the workings of the judicial system regarding the rights of humans versus judicial representatives, which were created by humans to fulfill certain purposes. The story has some interesting parts, especially the philosophy of mortality, although it's mainly slow and makes for a very long read. The plot is distributed between different characters and is not very coherent, because it doesn't come a clear thread in their stories, especially when it comes to new characters ...more
    ricky newell
    Jun 19, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
    Started reading this book and the characters seemed interesting from the beginning. It got harder to focus on each character as I read thru each chapter and was introduced to different ones. The book was very interesting but hard to focus on the main characters as I got farther into the plot. I don't read very many fantasy books but this one kept my attention throughout each chapter until reaching the end. I received this book free of charge in return for my honest opinion.
    T.S. Petersen
    Jun 23, 2018 rated it liked it
    *AIW -Author Interaction Welcome
    Thelema - The Fool is a multiple character POV book. My favourite character would have to be Zerk. There is something quite endearing about him and his circumstances.

The only thing I struggled with was the internal dialogue with some of the characters, such as Jane and Dean. Some of it could have have been spoken aloud, whilst other parts seemed at odds with the way the character was portrayed.

Overall the author created a fantastic world, with some really great
    Brittania Dancer
    Sep 27, 2018 rated it really liked it
    A good interesting storyline that has a problem keeping the different characters stories on point. The characters are relatable and likable. The plot didn't flow all that well but was good and was filled with action, drama and fight scenes. The one thing I did like was that the author used different POV's with the characters.

Tanya
    Sep 10, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
    This is a tale about what if, what if the gods had walked the earth. They were given a necklace which is only half and there is someone out there for you. Removing it will cause death. Life is hard and trials will be put into their path. There are others who may be able to help. See how it will all go

Scarolet Ellis
    Sep 07, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
    I never read anything from this author before but glad I read this book. It is a great book to read with strong characters and very well written story I loved reading this book.

Meagan Hansen
    Goodreads First reads win. I love fantasy books. This book was definitely unique. I did find it heavy on politics/judicial aspects. I'm not a fan of multiple characters POV. Glad I read it though.
    Natasha
    Aug 04, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
    A nice philosophical fantasy book. It has no grammatical errors.
    Amanda Williams
    Sep 08, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
    This was very cleverly mapped out and I adore the fact that the chapters are dockets for the legal system. I did find the dialogues a little confusing however.
    Prolific Bokang Nyathi
    Sep 26, 2018 rated it it was amazing
    Wow ,l dont know where to begin ,what a detailed fantasy infused with suspense and thrill ,its a type of book ,that you will wish the world which the author has created is real,Awesome book indeed
    Anna Szabó

It would be nice
    Annarella
    I can't say if liked this book or not. It's quite slow and philosophic, with long internal debate.
    The world building is interesting and the characters are well developed.
    I think some good editing could help and the book'd more interesting and enjoyable.
    Many thanks to the publisher and Netgalley for this ARC
    Erica Mae Campos
    Jun 18, 2018 marked it as dnf
    Review originally published in my blog: https://bookishpuffcorn.wordpress.com...

I admit I didn’t finish reading this book but please, hear me out for it’s not because of a negative reason.

I’ve read 6 chapters so far and this are the reasons why I wasn’t able to finish the book:

I can’t get the hang of it. I think this is because this is the first book I’ve read outside the YA and NA genre.
    I have trouble remembering character names, especially when there’s a lot of them. (I’ve probably mentioned
    Melissa Cheresnick
    rated it it was ok
    May 19, 2019
    Terra
    Sep 06, 2018 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
    I am trying to figure out why this book is classified as YA/Teen. It is not a YA/Teen book at all. The main characters are adults, it discusses adult themes and there is a sex/torture scene that is definitely not YA appropriate.

The synopsis of the book leads the reader to believe that this book will be more of a sci-fi/fantasy novel but it reads likes a Business Entities textbook that got mixed up at the publisher with World religions book and some really bad fan fiction. It is like they took
    Rachel
    Charissa Rate
    Christine
    Nancy Jones
    Apr 21, 2019

• Contagion (Contagion, #1)
    • Shrouded Loyalties
    • In the Darkness (Zoe Bentley Mystery, #2)
    • Sherlock Holmes and the Case of the Undead Client: Being Book One of the Unpublished Case Files of John H. Watson, MD
    • The Phantom Forest
    • Pigen uden hud
    • City of Broken Magic (Chronicles of Amicae  #1)
    • The Particular Charm of Miss Jane Austen
    • Rise of the Hearts
    • The Deaths and Afterlife of Aleister Crowley
    • Jack Frost: Detective Jack Stratton Mystery Thriller Series
    • The Seventh Life of Aline Lloyd
    • Her Final Hour
    • Bermuda
    • Violet
    • A Means to An End (Cold Case Investigation #3)
    • The Return of the Incredible Exploding Man
    • Cinders

Mystic Will (2 books)
    • Thelema: Book 1 - The Magician (Mystic Will, #1)
    “Books are the original virtual reality.” 2 likes
    “If you go about dehumanizing your opponents […] you're never going to convince them to change.” 2 likes