Start by marking “Studly Period (The Ivy Years, #5.5)” as Want to Read:
Studly Period (The Ivy Years, #5.5)

Studly Period

(The Ivy Years #5.5)

A serialized story from Sarina Bowen.
Get it here only.

There are 1016 people in the freshman class at Harkness College. I can’t be the only socially awkward nerd girl virgin among them. Right?
It’s time I learn to talk to guys without blushing and stammering. So I take a confidence-building job at the student tutoring center. Twelve bucks an hour, plus human interaction. Wh
Newsletter Serial, 50 pages
Published March 20th 2018

To ask other readers questions about Studly Period, please sign up.
Mary H It's a serial so installments will be sent out every Tuesday via newsletter starting March 20, 2018.
Mary H This is Sarina's official note: "If you sign up after the serialization has already begun, your first email will contain links to all the existing…moreThis is Sarina's official note: "If you sign up after the serialization has already begun, your first email will contain links to all the existing chapters. You won't miss a thing!" So if you wait and sign up in a few weeks or months, you should be able to glom the whole thing.

Also, (this is pure supposition, nothing official from Sarina) I can't imagine that Sarina wouldn't make it available as a whole after each installment has been released.(less)

Sarina Bowen
Mar 20, 2018 added it  ·  (Review from the author)
Meags
4 Stars

Studly Period was an absolute delight to read. Released as a weekly serial exclusively through Bowen's newsletter, this 8 chapter story was a special treat for all fans of the New Adult series, The Ivy Years.

This is the story of how Harkness's French-Canadian hockey player Pepe - one of my favourite secondary characters from across the series - meets and falls for his new, nerdy freshman tutor, Josephine.

Their romance was short and sweet, and I adored every second of it. Waiting each we
Optimist ♰King's Wench♰
3.5 I wish there were more Stars

So cute!

If ever I need an infusion of fluff I can usually count on my Fluff Kween and she delivered again.

I'm partial to the Frenchies anyway so Pepe would have to be, like, an ax murderer to put me off. Truth be told, maybe not even then. Because Dexter was a serial killer that I would still do. The dude had a purpose and that purpose was did society a favor. Repeatedly. He should be rewarded for that.

I digress.

Pepe's a hockey player, because this is SB after al
Wendy'sThoughts
Mar 10, 2018 rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: Sarina Bowen Fans, Romance
4 An Amuse-Bouche of Bowen Stars
* * * * Spoiler Free -Limited Time Free
As a devoted fan from the very beginning of Bravo's Top Chef, I learned a few things... and one of them was this thing called Amuse -Bouche:

Aamuse-Bouche or Amuse-Gueule is a single, bite-sized hors d'œuvre.:

But that isn't exactly how it was on the show... little plate after little plate would be presented and each new delight caused the food critics to rave about the perfect mouthful of whatever they just tasted. Each tast
Bev
May 08, 2018 rated it really liked it
For a shortish read this packed a lot of punch because ... Pepe ♥

Really liked this cute, sweet story. Thanks for the freebie Sarina
Hollis
I think I'll end up loving this more if it's ever expanded as there's really only so much character growth/depth you can offer in a serial and I didn't ever really get to the point where I loved the heroine (and it was her POV!!). But. But. It was so so sweet in regards to offering us more Pepe than we've ever had before. Suffering from a serious case of French-Canadianism, the hockey stud still manages to be perfectly eloquent and adorable despite his struggles with the English language and gra ...more
Bookphenomena (Kindling Micky)
This was simply delightful. The Ivy Years series is a stand out favourite sports romance and this little novella was a fab addition. Pepe won my heart quickly and he was just a lovely human being. It was light on the steam but fuller on chemistry. Sarina Bowen can produce a full story in 50 pages with ease. That’s some talent.
Irene Sim
May 10, 2018 rated it really liked it
4 combustible stars!

I loved this serialized story from Sarina Bowen.
It's the story of Josephine and Pepe(a Canadian hockey player) who meet as Pepe seeks out a tutor for his English classes. They have great chemistry together but Josephine is really shy (view spoiler) so they keep it friendly at the beginning and even though it's such a short story I felt the slow burning of their emotions and it was great. I'm also a nerd and I loved how they use
Rejane
May 01, 2018 marked it as not-interested
This was made for @Kiki @Alex @Leonor @Dilek @Book-Bosomed @Lu and I am sure other GR friends who like this trope. Not me, though.
Good reads Ladies. 😘😘😘😘
Nancy The book junkie
That was so cute!! <3 It was even better than the first draft i had the chance to read a couple of years ago, definitely worth the wait and a must read for any fan of the series!
Heather❀Book and a Blanket❀
It was so much fun to go back to Harkness College and read Pepe and Jhosephine's story. I love nerdy heroines like Josie. She ends up tutoring english to French Quebec hockey player Pepe. While she is seriously attracted to Pepe, she would never believe that the star hockey player would be interested in her. Pepe is also a bit insecure because he doesn't speak or write English well. We go through all the adorable, awkward moments of this couple coming to the realization that they both like each ...more
Annery
What a sweet, adorable, and utterly satisfying surprise. Sarina Bowen released this in a serialized form, via weekly installments on her news letter. The length is really that of a short story but surprisingly it packs a punch.
Josephine is your everyday, nerdy, non-glam heroine, shy but assertive about what she wants, even when nerves threaten to get the better of her. Pepe is an adorable mix of "man-puppy", gentleman, and hockey player. Those who've read the rest of The Ivy Years will have com
Livia
May 11, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: Fans of the Ivy Years & NA romance junkies
Recommended to Livia by: Sarina Bowen
I’m so glad I saved the newsletters with the serial chapters intro and links until all 8 were written. Binge reading this one was a lot of fun and provided much needed stress relief. Thank you, Sarina Bowen!

Minor Spoilers Alert!!!

My tags for this new adult serial are…

Hockey romance / Charming / Easy-to-read / Entertaining Wonderful characters / Witty / Original / Page-turner / Romantic Realistic / HEA

Writing Style: 1st person POV (Josephine’s)

Cover gush: I crazy love it! This cover image is so f
Quinn's Quippy Quotes
May 10, 2018 rated it really liked it
Dang, that was sweet!

Short, sweet and SUPER adorable! How can Sarina deliver all the feels in a few short pages?!? It's magic. She never disappoints! I wish that this series could go on forever, but super happy that she gave us this cute little snippet.
ItaPixie
May 02, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 4-stars
This was a great experience...I fell in love with a beautiful Canadian chapter after chapter.
I'd like to read more about these characters they took a special place in my heart.
Jess
May 11, 2018 rated it really liked it
This was cute! It suffered a little from novella syndrome in that it's all foreplay and no real resolution, but I liked Pepe and Josephine and would happily read more about them. Kind of fun to go back to Harkness, too.
Moon Love
May 08, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I waited to read this serial until it was all available and it was really, really hard to do so. I am a huge fan of Sarina's writing and denying myself the pleasure of reading her words was not fun or easy. However, it was strangely gratifying because I was able to read everything in one shot.

Pepe is totally a stud and I loved seeing how he and Josephine interacted. I loved how the story was basically told from Josephine's point of view. She may think she's awkward and lacking grace, but she was
Alexandra
Mar 20, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 1018
Serialized on the author's newsletter! It's very funny!
May 08, 2018 rated it it was amazing
An adorable weekly serial by the incredible Sarina Bowen.

What happens when a shy, awkward virgin becomes the new English tutor to a drool worthy French Canadian hockey player?

All. The. Darn. Feels!

It's really hard to believe this serial was only a handful of chapters, because Josephine and Pepe's story feels so complete. It's awkward, romantic, sexy and funny. I will miss the chapters popping up in my inbox!
arissa
Awwwwwww!
___________
• Mar 08
Pepe's book!
herdys
May 11, 2018 rated it really liked it
Loved this serial we got as gift in Sarina's newsletter. Pepe was great in the books and I'm so happy he got his HEA with his chaton! I wish the story hadnt been so short. I loved reading about them together and revisiting the ivy years series!
Andrea Fleury
May 17, 2018 rated it it was amazing
That was very sweet and too short. I loved it. Hey maybe Sarina will continue with more about these two. Hum. Great read and fun to get a snippet of this each day.
Pamela
May 20, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: sports
When finishing this yesterday night, I only gave three stars, which is my go-to rating if it was nice, but nothing special. I decided for 4 stars now, simply because I took into consideration that this was a novella, a really short one. It is not easy to form a connection between two characters und ultimately with the reader in just 50 pages, but Sarina Bowen did it somehow. I would have loved a few more pages giving a brief glimpse into their future, but I hope for book 6 in the series and a re ...more
Lenore Kosinski
May 09, 2018 rated it it was amazing

5 stars — OMGOMGOMGOMG!!!! I’m not good at doing the serial thing (I have ZERO patience), so I waited until this one was complete to dive in, and then I gobbled it up in an evening. IT WAS BOTH TOO SHORT AND PERFECT!!!

I LOVED Pepe and Josephine!!! But especially Pepe!! What a sweet, romantic soul!! He really was like a man-puppy, just happiness and sunshine. And Josephine was exactly like the heroine’s I fall in love with — insecure, shy, introverted, but
⚜️Trea
I was so excited when I learned that this was an Ivy Years novella, but I absolutely loathed the serialization of this story! I would have also liked it to be a bit longer, but my biggest complaint, the one I detracted a star for, was the fact that it was a serialization!

Looking beyond that, the story was actually a rather sweet one. I loved Pepé and Josephine together! I could really identify with Josephine, and was heartbroken for her at one point in the story. I have to say, though, that I lo
Pamela Lilley
Jun 07, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I love how authors have started writing books specifically for their email subscribers, sending them a chapter a week, or a month. This is one of those books. A short story in the Ivy Years series, a series that I love, even though I’ve only read some, not all of the books. Josephine is a new addition to the series, a shy, nerdy English major, who starts tutoring sexy French-Canadian hockey hunk Pepe. A lovely story told completely from Josephine’s POV, sweet and romantic, I loved it.

Manon
May 08, 2018 rated it liked it
I wanted to love this but sadly I didn’t.
I do love the serial format from time to time but I felt like in this, the story was too short and the characters lacked depth. Sarina’s characters and their depth is what I usually loved most about her stories.
Also, I wasn’t a big fan of Pepe because French is a huge turn-off for me...
Still, I can’t wait for more Sarina as I usually adore her books.
Xerxia
May 08, 2018 rated it it was ok
Shelves: sports-romance
It's a free, serialised story, so comparing it to a fully realised and EDITED novel probably isn't fair. But I read a lot of fanfiction, and this wasn't nearly as good as most of what I can find on AO3.
Valeen Robertson (Live Thru Books Blog)

Awww I love Pepe and his chaton!! I'm going to miss my weekly tutoring sessions with them 😢

Amanda [Novel Addiction]
This was just so adorably cute!
  • Man-to-Man Coverage: The Extra Point
  • An Adventure In Beginnings
  • Island Peril (Aftershock, #3.5)
  • Don't Name the Puppy
  • Homecoming (Out of Uniform, #1.5)
  • Letting Go
  • Lane’s (Life According to Maps #3)
  • Straight Men Can't Cook
  • The Practical Guide to Trying Not to Die
  • DJ Dangerfield
  • Brandon's Laughter
  • Making It Work
  • Play by Play (Play Makers Shorts, #1)
  • Frozen Heart (Love Lessons, #1.5)
  • Overtime (Scoring Chances, #3.5)
  • The Best Part
  • To Wish for Impossible Things (Tales from Foster High, #3.5)
  • Human Frailties, Human Strengths (Guardians of the Leythe, #1)
Sarina Bowen is the USA Today bestselling author of many things, including: the True North series, Him/Us and the WAGs series with Elle Kennedy, The Ivy Years series and the Brooklyn Bruisers. And more!
Are you looking for a friends-to-lovers story or maybe even a secret baby book? You can read a list of Sarina's books broken out by trope and style.
Need to know what's coming next ? Get all the l

The Ivy Years (6 books)
  • The Year We Fell Down (The Ivy Years, #1)
  • The Year We Hid Away (The Ivy Years, #2)
  • The Understatement of the Year (The Ivy Years, #3)
  • The Shameless Hour (The Ivy Years, #4)
  • The Fifteenth Minute (The Ivy Years, #5)
  • Extra Credit: Three Ivy Years Novellas (The Ivy Years, #6)