Start by marking “Doing the Right Things for the Right Reasons” as Want to Read:
Doing the Right Things for the Right Reasons

Doing the Right Things for the Right Reasons

3.86  ·  Rating details ·  14 Ratings  ·  5 Reviews
Are you motivated by a desire to impress others? Do you find yourself overwhelmed by others' expectations? Are you running in circles trying to keep up and getting more and more miserable for all your trouble?

If so, you may be doing the right things for the wrong reasons.

And, according to authors Richard L. Bednar and Scott R. Peterson, that can be hazardous to our spiritu
Published June 1st 1995 by Deseret Book Co

To ask other readers questions about Doing the Right Things for the Right Reasons, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Doing the Right Things for the Right Reasons

Bryany
Nov 21, 2008 rated it it was amazing
I love this book because it opens your eyes alot!!! Do we do things just for appearance and because it is socially acceptable?? Or do we do them because we truly want to and because we have our own convictions and faith. I find myself questioning my intentions all the time now. I am developing a better sense of worth and a whole new attitude change.
Nicole
May 15, 2011 rated it liked it
I have to admit, I didn't use this book to its full potential. There are these thinking/writing/self-examining/talking exercises at the end of each chapter that I only did in my head rather than really doing it. Still, I found it very insightful. It's hard to rate a book like this because it's not a page-turner and you don't read it for fun. It's about working on yourself and you have to take that slowly.

To me this book is Human Psychology 101 with LDS applications. It talks about generally used
Chrystal
Apr 14, 2010 rated it really liked it
I think this book is very insightful. I am grateful to my mother-in-law for loaning it to me. I am grateful for the encouragement this book gave me to hold on to my true identity, being congruent with who I am in my actions and choices, and using autonomy to choose for myself and let go of any social pressures. I think all of us want to be approved of but some of us don't realize how much of what we do is motivated by the 'need' for approval. I've had a goal of being more true to myself, of comi ...more
Christin
Feb 20, 2008 rated it liked it
Recommended to Christin by: Mom
I thought that this book was ok and had a little bit of good information in it but it was not really great. It did make me think about my motivations for doing the things that I do so that was good to have a little bit of personal introspection.
Rachellestgelais
Dec 29, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Great self-help book. Love this one!
Andrea Olson