Start by marking “The Theory of Unrequited (The Science of Unrequited #1)” as Want to Read:
The Theory of Unrequited (The Science of Unrequited #1)

The Theory of Unrequited

(The Science of Unrequited #1)

Atomic number: 8
Name of chemical element: Oxygen
Symbol: O

Every theory has a test subject … even between best friends.

The pact: Stanford.
The betrayal: AJ attending Duke.
The reason: She did something stupid like fall in love with Evan.
The problem: Evan’s not ready to let this betrayal go so easily.
The solution: Find AJ and fix them.

The Theory of Unrequited, Book
Published April 18th 2018

To ask other readers questions about The Theory of Unrequited, please sign up.
Len Webster Hi Brenda, The Theory of Unrequited will be releasing April 18th :)

Ari
Apr 04, 2018 rated it liked it
2.75 not my type stars

Never since 1st grade have I seen someone get so touchy over someone else playing with their best-friend.

Ugh. AJ loves Evan, and Evan friendzoned AJ hard. So now AJ is heart broken and acts like an absolute bitch. And Evan is dumb as fuck. Everyone keeps on insinuating to him how he'd one day love AJ and shit like that, but they're all being *vague* .

I can't decide if AJ deserves to be not loved because of how completely idiosyncratically she behaves, or if Evan deserves to be left behind for h
Paige
3.5 “BFFs” Stars

What a whirlwind. Communication. Communication. Communication. *Reminds self they’re only teenagers*

The Thory of the Unrequited followed AJ and Evan in a past and present style story. Starting their freshman year of college, AJ makes a decision that cuts her best friend from childhood completely out of her life. Then going back and forth from how they became friends as young children through the events that lead AJ to cut ties with Evan in college, we get
Tanaka K (The Romantic Angel Blog)
This year is all about new authors, new genres and risky romances. In a way, I want to expand my reading and try new authors and expose myself to different genres. Trying new things introduced me to the book called The Theory of Unrequited. Since, I started reading romance, I had books grip my heart but not as tight as The Theory of Unrequited. Let me, tell you this book PIERCED my soul. WRECKED my mind. DISCOMBOBULATED my thoughts. From a new to me author, Len Webster, The Theory of Unrequited ...more
Na
Jul 01, 2018 rated it really liked it
"I would never be more. He would never love me. And that was the worst part. Because I still held hope that he might, even when I knew he wouldn't."

This book was my first book by Len Webster. And I totally fell in love with it. Even though it is not written in the first POV, I had no trouble in relating to the characters and making their feelings my own. Right from the heartbreaking epilogue I knew I was up to some highly emotional read.

"But an easy life isn't worth breathing for/>"But/>"I
Tracy *To the point Reviews*
AH Man!!!

This was sweet, this was genuine, this was full of emotional ouchies... Just like I like my books. However I had some big issues with it. Aside from the massive cliffhanger that pissed me off, here's my list...
(view spoiler) ...more
1-Click Addict Support Group
Apr 17, 2018 rated it really liked it
You can't help who you fall in love with and that includes your best friend.

AJ fell in love with her BF Evan, but her feelings were not returned and it was heartbreaking. Evan, well he didn't realize how AJ felt but once he did, he realized his mistake and tries to make amends for his mistake but he might be too late.

For a time I wanted to hate Evan because how oblivious he was to AJ's feelings but I realized that it takes some people a while to realize what they have in front of them.

The ang
-  Michelle Claypot_Reads
4.5 stars for me

I binged this NA story in one session. Alex/AJ is a fantastic nerd girl character who is way more than she realises. I adored her. Falling in love with her best friend Evan is her biggest mistake. I felt her teenage pain - it was so real. Determined to work out who she is she breaks a promise and disappears from his life. Great angsty read - the story had me so hooked I didn't even notice there were no sexy times til I finished. Gotta be a great story to do that!

Gotta warn you
Natshane
Mar 27, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: arc
Len Webster is a master at weaving powerful and emotional stories, and this time she made me fell in love with the impossible..the one romance trope that I always seem to shy away from : the love triangle

Can a friendship withstand the power of love?

AJ and Evan’s relationship was tumultuous, it’s filled with so much love and understanding but also built on a foundation of self interest and heartbreak. With the alternating timeline between the past and the present, we have a glimpse at the life before the/>Can
C.L. Matthews
Mar 24, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: bestf_ckingbooks
description

OKAY, PEEPS of Goodreads.

Let's start with, I'm still not over it. And I'm STILL mad at you, Len.
AJ and Evan remind me so much of my love life as a teen.

I think everyone can relate to some extent. Whether it's through the science, the teen drama, loving your best friend, or even unrequited love.

I'm hoping like me, they'll get their HEA. Because GOOD LORD, I want them to. I don't think I've ever shipped a couple so HARD before.

AJ is crazy intelligent. I found myself awestruck with her and her brain. She was shy, but it was fitting to her personality, and I loved that.

Evan is blind not
Jen
Aug 10, 2018 rated it really liked it
Teenage angst at its finest! This is my first book by Len Webster and god, the emotional turmoil was through the roof. There were times I wanted to smack these characters, but then I reminded myself that they’re young and have so much growing up to do. My heart broke for AJ as she loved Evan so deeply but kept her feelings locked deep within her heart. Evan—he loved AJ and needed his best friend by his side. If only he could see what was right in front of him!! I can’t wait to dive into book 2. ...more
Tash
Apr 17, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Reviewed @ Thoughts By Tash
Review copy kindly provided by the author in exchange for a honest review

Ever since first learned about this book, I have been curious about The Theory of Unrequited. With limited information about this book, I dove in and like always I was blown away.

With the end of Webster’s long running series recently , I didn’t know if this series would replace the missing pieces of my heart that was taken away with The Thirty – Eight series. Well it did and more with the tw
Whoo Gives A Hoot
Mar 02, 2019 rated it it was amazing
* Read more of my reviews at Whoo Gives A Hoot *
16779996_424694524540054_281417525_n
The Theory of Unrequited is the first book in Len Webster's The Science of Unrequited series and I am officially addicted to this extraordinarily talented author's writing style and brilliant storytelling ability. It is so hard to believe that it has taking me this freaking long to finally pick up one of her stories and now that I haclass="gr-hostedUserImg">
The*
Aaly
Mar 27, 2018 rated it it was amazing
review-blog

*** ARC kindly provided for an honest review. ***

I knew that I’d be on an emotional ride. The author tortured me, stirring emotions, making me suffer… damn my heart.

Evan and AJ were best friends until the moment all the promises they’ve made years ago were broken, when these two who were everything for each other, breathing the same air and almost beating as one for all their lives became strangers.

AJ was in love with Evan, who seemed to only see her like a sister and no more, who I had to say failed to her so many
nicandbooks
Apr 02, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Eight protons. Eight neutrons.

I don’t think I have the words to describe how much this book has settled into my soul and captured my heart. It’s like nothing I have ever read before ... a story told in past and present, where the main characters are in a situation that is difficult, different and realistic and where I spent the whole book with my heart slowly breaking 💔 AJ ... Alex ... Alexandra ... Alexi ... this young woman just fascinated me. Her love for Evan. Her love for Evan’s brother K
Louisa
Apr 17, 2018 rated it really liked it
AJ (Alexandra/Alexi/Alex) and Evan have been friends since they were babies.  In each other's lives from diapers all the way to High School.  They are best friends, but as we know, sometimes best friends can lead to other feelings.

AJ, the nerdy girl who's best friends with the star of the baseball team, an unlikely pair.

For AJ, her feelings became more but for Evan, they were always just best friends.  Amazing, important, all-encompassing friends...eight protons, eight ne
Elizabeth Sherrell (Elizabeth’s Pretty Little Reads)
 photo E19070D4-EF5F-46BC-A4AB-10F34B929338_zpsulixiuvy.jpeg

Tears came to surface within the first few pages of AJ’s prologue. Len Webster took me on a whirlwind of nostalgia with The Theory of Unrequited. It took me back to my time as a silly, naive teenager—dealing with all those new and confusing feelings. And not knowing what to do or say about those feelings. I experienced, like I'm sure many have, at a point during high school—literally my senior year just like AJ, with a friend who I adored, and one who made me feel very similar to the way she did.

“She l

Blurb:
Atomic number: 8
Name of chemical element: Oxygen
Symbol: O

Every theory has a test subject … even between best friends.

The pact: Stanford.
The betrayal: AJ attending Duke.
The reason: She did something stupid like fall in love with Evan.
The problem: Evan’s not ready to let this betrayal go so easily.
The solution: Find AJ and fix them.

The Theory of Unrequited, Book One in The Science of Unrequited: The Story of AJ & Evan
Anne Milne
Apr 11, 2018 rated it it was amazing
As I starting reading this book I became hooked so much do that I read it in one sitting and just ignored everything thing else.

I’m way past my teenage years but this story took me back to those times. I’m not sure how to quantify the book because it’s a love story but without the romance. I’m sure we’ve all had that one boy who you fancied but your firmly in the friend zone well that’s the essence of AJ and Evan’s story.

I loved these two just as much as they frustrated me I was literally scre
Becky Rendon
Apr 12, 2018 rated it it was amazing

It hurts.
Love hurts.
Unrequited love tears the soul apart.
Unrequited love with your oldest and dearest friend is a splitting of your soul. Tearing one whole part into two jagged edged pieces.

The Theory of Unrequited is heartache and love. It's grief and mourning. It's young love and epiphanies. It's growing up.- I never want to grow up. Len Webster ruined it for me. I never want to live in reality if the it is at the expense of the dream. Let me
A.BookNerd.Bookseller&Bibliophile.Blog
I loved this book! Alexandra aka AJ is an incredibly smart character who wants to major in physics in college and dreams of winning a Nobel Prize. How awesome is that! As a female in a male dominated profession (engineering) I love that AJ is so smart and she knows what she wants and she has for a long time. She just has no doubt that she will succeed. It’s so refreshing to read. But she has issues with her dating life. Not that she doesn’t have male admirers, she does. But she has two guys who ...more
Hannah
Jul 09, 2018 rated it it was ok

SMUTATHON reading challenges accomplished: friends to lovers and love triangle (kinda)

I'm not sure where I saw this, but I was so intrigued and I always want to branch out. Sadly, I was disappointed.

The story was okay. I think it's kinda ironic that AJ is supposed to be super smart and everything, but she acts really idiotic. Ehm, like completely ghosting Evan. What did she expect? For him to be okay with her cutting him out of her life. Uhm...

I didn't like/>
Zilpha Owens
Apr 12, 2018 rated it liked it
This is my first Len Webster read. The Theory of Unrequited follows AJ and Evan between past and present laying out their friendship, love, losses, betrayal, friends and family. It’s not only a romance but a story of finding oneself. I’ll admit that I had a bit of a time connecting with both AJ and Evan. Having both their perspectives helped and enhanced the story. Their teenage angst, missed opportunities, lack of communication all played into those difficult and formative years. Decisions bein ...more
Tricia Davis
Apr 01, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Read and reviewed an ARC copy for an honest review on behalf of Everything Marie http://everythingmarie.com/

This is my first read by this author (certainly won’t be my last) and OH MY LLAMAS- the ending—- I hope that was only the beginning! Ahhhhhh! I need book two stat!
Evan and AJ have been best friends forever- this story filled with love, betrayal, drama, angst, love triangle .....it takes falling in love with your best friend and your mind making decisions for you to shut your heartbreak off that can hu
J
Katrina
Mar 22, 2018 rated it really liked it
Unrequited Love is a richly luminous love story of two souls entwined . Well delivered with loveable characters , the author has given us a tale of two hearts that beat on par .

An exploration of first love, as unrequited as it may feel we are now left pinning for more and for this unrequited love to be reciprocated .

Eagerly await book 2 !!

Traci Parker
Oct 29, 2018 rated it really liked it
I love first loves. I love YA. I LOVE ANGST!
So yes yes yes to this book!
This book is my first by this author, and she did not disappoint.
My heart goes out to AJ/Alex in the worst way! She has so many choices! Please please please let you know who come to his senses! I am so excited its a series and that I get to continue in all my love of young teenage angst!
Maria
May 06, 2018 rated it did not like it
Jasmina
Apr 23, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: e-books
This book was really good. Couldn't put it down, because of so many emotions, heartbreaks and my heart was literally without beat from the beginning.

AJ and Evan are friends from forever and somewhere along the way AJ starts to feel more to him. They had plans fr collage, plans for so many things.
But plans sometimes can be broken and you have to listen to your heart.

Sometimes you have to broke someones heart that you can start heal yours.

This book is full of angst, things and momen
Anna K
"Eight Protons, Eight Neutrons"

Len Webster has a way with words like no other. The meaningful and powerful messages she portrays in this book is extraordinary. Her writing is extraordinary, like no other. And that makes this book so special. It's not often that I read a book this powerful and emotional. I'm a sucker for friends-to-lovers-romance so I knew what I was getting into, but this. This was more than I expected. The heartbreak and the love in this book made me swoon and made me cry. A real masterpiece.
« previous 1 3 4 next »

• Straight Flushed (A Hot Pursuit Novel, #1)
  • Amnesia
  • Drowning Erin
  • Don't Kiss the Messenger (Edgelake High School, #1)
  • Catching Fireflies (Chasing Butterflies #2)
  • Parker's Passion (Tryst Island, #6)
  • The Chance (C Series, #4)
  • Obsession and Sacrifice (The Alaskan Heart Saga, #2)
  • With My Whole Heart
  • Yes, Doctor
  • The Unbelievable, Inconceivable, Unforeseeable Truth About Ethan Wilder
  • The Black Sheep's Inheritance
  • Why Not Me?
  • Watching Mine (The Consumed, #3)

Goodreads is hiring!

If you like books and love to build cool products, we may be looking for you.
Learn more »
Len Webster is a romance-loving Melburnian with dreams of finding her version of 'The One.' But until that moment happens, she writes. Having just completed her BBusCom from Monash University, Len is now busy writing her next romance about how a boy met a girl, and how they fell completely and hopelessly in love.

Facebook: @lennwebster
Twitter: @lennwebster
In

The Science of Unrequited (4 books)
  • The Solution to Unrequited (The Science of Unrequited, #2)
  • The Results of Unrequited (The Science of Unrequited #3)
  • The Dissolution of Unrequited (The Science of Unrequited #4)