Start by marking “Arlo Finch in the Lake of the Moon (Arlo Finch #2)” as Want to Read:
Arlo Finch in the Lake of the Moon (Arlo Finch #2)

Arlo Finch in the Lake of the Moon

(Arlo Finch #2)

Something was coming. Arlo felt certain about that.

For Arlo Finch and the Rangers of Pine Mountain Company, summer camp is more than canoeing and hiking. It’s also a chance to search for ancient forest spirits and discover mysterious messages encoded in tree bark. But when Arlo and his best friends Indra and Wu stumble upon clues about the long-lost Yellow Patrol, Arlo unc
Published February 5th 2019 by Roaring Brook Press

To ask other readers questions about Arlo Finch in the Lake of the Moon, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Arlo Finch in the Lake of the Moon

Alyson Kent
Dec 03, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Thank you, Netgalley, for the ARC! Another solid adventure for Arlo Finch, and while I enjoyed his first one, I really loved this second one. Bad thing about ARC’s, I now have to wait a little over a year for the next book. :(
Meg
Nov 21, 2018 rated it it was amazing
The Hardy boys meet Harry Potter--that is the only way that I know to describe this book. Arlo's Ranger troop goes to summer camp to learn Ranger lore and skills. While there, Arlo learns more about his magical abilities and about his family. This melding of magic and history allows Arlo and the Rangers to solve some potential problems. This is a well-written and very engaging book, and I look forward to the next installment in the series. I received this book as part of the Goodreads Giveaway p ...more
Cynthia
I really enjoy this series :)
Karissa
Dec 12, 2018 rated it really liked it

This is the second book in the Arlo Finch series. I got a copy of this through NetGalley to review. This is a well written story with some fun adventure and interesting magical creatures.

Arlo is heading to summer camp with his patrol. However, something very odd happens to him when he stumbles into the Eldritch Realm and sees duplicates of his friends there. As Arlo struggles to unravel this mystery he is also drawn in to the mystery of Yellow Patrol and what happened to them.

This is a well wri
Orange
Oct 24, 2018 rated it really liked it
First of all, I got this ARC in a giveaway and that in no way affects my review.

I don't read middle grade often, let me start there. But this book doesn't feel like it talked down to it's reader, but also didn't feel like it shut it's more adult readers out. It was a book that just about anyone could read - simple and easy to read, no cursing that I recall (which I'm pretty sure there wasn't any) no real violence, but at the same time it was an intriguing read. I never felt bored or wanted to qu
rodrigo cabeza
Feb 17, 2019 rated it really liked it
Wendy Kuzma
Feb 08, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I am really loving this series! I can’t wait for book 3 next year! I also like the fact that there are discussion questions at the end....might have to do a book club with my students. 😊
Shelby Toren
What a fantastic sequel! I so enjoyed learning more about Arlo Finch’s history, and thought the time travel element was extremely well done. Can’t wait for the next one!
Mariana Calderon
I devoured this follow up to Arlo Finch in the Valley of Fire! I think I may have even enjoyed it more than the first - while I loved Valley of Fire, there is a TON of set up before any real action hits, something I don't mind, but that I feel some younger readers might. Lake of the Moon, however, uses its exposition cleverly, placing small mysteries before the reader like puzzle pieces, inviting them to fit it all together corners-in as Arlo does so himself.
There's a teasing setup for a sequel
Benjamin
Dec 02, 2018 rated it really liked it
***THIS BOOK WAS RECEIVED FROM A GOODREADS GIVEAWAY***

As a Boy Scout that grew up in northern Colorado, I was a little surprised to read a book like this that was able to combine the supernatural elements that would fit well in the Harry Potter universe with the pseudo-military structure and trappings of the scouting program. Of course, I’m also kicking myself for not writing these books myself first, because the two elements combine so well that the fusion is natural and fun to read. The icing
Cindy Mitchell *Kiss the Book*
Arlo Finch in the Lake of the Moon by John August, 384 pages. Roaring Brook (Macmillan), FEB 2019. $17.

Language: G; Mature Content: G; Violence: PG (danger)

BUYING ADVISORY: EL, MS - ADVISABLE

AUDIENCE APPEAL: AVERAGE

Its been six months since Arlo arrived in Pine Mountain and found out about the Long Woods. One day Arlo finds a strange passage and sees himself and his friends across the chasm. Before he and the others can puzzle out what as actually happening, they must first head off to Ranger su
Rachael Bookfairs
Dec 06, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: kindle
I tore through this follow up to Arlo Finch in the Valley of Fire. I loved the first book & think I enjoyed this second installment even more.

I can strongly recommend this to kids looking for an adventurous romp through a world both familiar and fantastical.
Margie
Feb 03, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: book-a-day
In a matter of mere seconds after finishing Arlo Finch in the Valley of Fire, it's guaranteed readers will be compelled to begin the second volume. Hardly a heartbeat will pass before the first book is set to rest and Arlo Finch in the Lake of the Moon (Roaring Brook Press, February 5, 2019) written by John August is picked up and the first page is turned. Immediately we find ourselves in a scenario real and highly impossible at the same time.

My full recommendation: https://librariansquest.blogs
Soup
Oct 23, 2018 rated it really liked it
I was a great fan of the first Arlo Finch book and, thus, greatly excited to read the second. While this particular volume started out slow for me, I was fully hooked and 100% back on Team Arlo by the end. The series is getting somewhat darker, so parents of sensitive kiddos should still use caution (this was also the case with the first book), but for those old enough or hardy enough to manage a bit of monster and trans-dimensional mayhem this is a great addition to a cracking new series.

ARC v
Nichole
Nov 28, 2018
Maria Wang
Aug 15, 2018
  • Game of Stars (Kiranmala and the Kingdom Beyond, #2)
  • East Dragon, West Dragon
  • M is for Autism
  • Isabelle Day Refuses to Die of a Broken Heart
  • The Great Unknowable End
  • Donald Duk
  • Belly Up
  • Oddly Normal, Book 1
  • The Stars We Steal
  • The Divided Earth (The Nameless City, #3)
  • The Time Museum
  • Like Vanessa
  • Mist, Metal, and Ash (Ink, Iron and Glass, #2)
  • Click Here to Start
  • The Triumphant (The Valiant, #3)
  • Goldfish (Girl out of Water, #1)
  • Les Petites Reines
  • The Adventurers Guild (The Adventurers Guild #1)

Arlo Finch (2 books)
  • Arlo Finch in the Valley of Fire (Arlo Finch, #1)