Start by marking “Bloom” as Want to Read:
Bloom

Bloom

Now that high school is over, Ari is dying to move to the big city with his ultra-hip band--if he can just persuade his dad to let him quit his job at their struggling family bakery. Though he loved working there as a kid, Ari cannot fathom a life wasting away over rising dough and hot ovens. But while interviewing candidates for his replacement, Ari meets Hector, an easyg ...more
Expected publication: January 29th 2019 by First Second

To ask other readers questions about Bloom, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Bloom

Tucker (TuckerTheReader)
OMG that was the cutest book ever rtc
Dylan
4.5 stars.

This was ADORABLE, had amazing art, some really well written parts, and I LOVED that it discussed not knowing what you want to do with your life post high school-which is so important as a huge amount of teens have the same inner struggles.

4.5 stars from me though because I needed more of the adorable romance because it only started to take off maybe the last 15% of the book.

Thanks so much to Fierce Reads for sending me an early copy for review!
anna (readingpeaches)
RTC on january 27 (im part of the blog tour!!) but oh my god!!! this is such a soft little story! truly a gay cupcake we all deserve

Blog | Twitter Instagram | Bloglovin | Reads Rainbow
Marie
Jan 13, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2019-releases, arcs
Soft boys and baked goods, this book was so heartwarming, I loved it! <3
Full review coming soon!

Thank you to MacMillan International for the e-ARC of this book and to JM @ Book Freak Revelations for inviting me along for the Bloom Blog Tour. This did not, in any way, influenced my thoughts and rating.

My Blog - Drizzle & Hurricane Books - Twitter - Bloglovin'
Shiku
Ohhhhh my gosh. I'm following the artist's webcomic George and Johnny, which is all kinds of adorable and cute, and when I saw this book's cover, the style seemed incredibly familiar but I couldn't instantly place it. BUT NOW I'M SO EXCITED FOR THIS.

More on "Bloom".
Rebecca (Coffeebooksandjournals)
Thank you to Netgalley for a copy of an earc for an honest review.

I loved this graphic novel Bloom. I really like the art style and the story too. I loved the friendship and relationship of Ari and Hector. I didn’t like some of Ari’s friends and how they treated him and Hector too. I definitely want to get this when it comes out next month. I absolutely recommend it. This is my favorite graphic novel I’ve read so far. I gave this a five out of five stars.
Bianca (The Ultimate Fangirl)
It was so refreshingly cute. 😍 I should really get to reading more graphic novels because I seem to miss out on a lot of amazing reads such as this one.

I first fell in love with the art style, and then slowly but surely for the blossoming (heh, get it lol) love that happened in this book. I resonated with Ari personally but I rooted for Hector the minute he graced the page. Honestly what's not to love?

Full review to come, still. But I do hope you include this wonderful novel on your TBRs and rea
Jay G
Dec 27, 2018 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Want to see more bookish things from me? Check out my youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCfer...

Thank you to FirstSecond and Raincoast Books for the copy!

Ari works at his family bakery but dreams of moving to Baltimore to pursue a career in music with his friends. The bakery has been struggling for some time now and Ari will need to find a replacement if he wants to leave. That's when Hector moves to town looking for a job and stumbles across the bakery. Ari instantly hires Hecto
Jessie_Book
Oct 30, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This book feels like a warm hug of adorableness, it takes you up into its arms and sweeps you away. Bloom is a quick fun read that features great LGBTQ representation. I loved how realist and heartfelt all the relationships seemed. The art looks so good you can practically smell the bread off the page. I only wish that there was more, because it is a graphic novel I didn't feel like we got into the nitty gritty. Hopefully there will be a sequel! I wan't more of Ari and Hector!!!
Stephanie
Jan 19, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This was SO CUTE and SO WONDERFUL.
Aicha
Jan 06, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This book got me wanting to bake. I am now making french toast. Is that real baking?
Theresa
I read an ARC of this graphic novel from First Second via NetGalley. Aristotle works at his parents bakery, but he dreams of moving to Baltimore and playing in his band with his friends. He finds Hector who loves to bake and is willing to work in the bakery. The two find a rhythm working alongside each other that is just adorable.

The monochrome blue colors worked since it took place in a beach community, the art had a manga feel and there were beautiful full page spreads of gorgeous landscapes a
Sandy
An ARC of this came into my life. It is an absolutely adorable graphic novel about Ari, who works at his family's bakery, and his friendship and romance with Hector, a young man who comes to work for them. Baking, music, family, and gorgeous art by Savanna Ganucheau. The relationships are realistic.

I wish I had gay teen stories like this when I was a teen. :)

Caroline
Nov 10, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2018
oh this is beautiful in so many ways! i loved the art and the story and the ending so much! give me more soft graphic novels with soft boys and baking and fireworks!!
Belinda (bookstorm)
Bloom was a really cute graphic novel, especially all the baking scenes!!! I loved the illustration style and the blue-scale coloring. I also really loved how the main characters Ari and Hector are LGBT characters but this book wasn't about being LGBT, it was just a fact of their life and who they were.

Something else I appreciated was how this book shows that college isn't the only option young people have after high school. For Hector, going to cooking school was his path, and for Ari, through
Jenni Frencham
Panetta, Kevin. Bloom. First Second, 2019.

Ari has just finished high school and is excited to move to the big city with his band and pursue his love of music, but his family is insisting that he stay home and help run the bakery in the hopes that they will not have to close it down. Ari finds Hector to replace him at the bakery. Hector is in culinary school and loves to bake, and Ari finds himself drawn to Hector. But what about the band and Ari's musical pursuits?

This is a lovely graphic novel
Lexi
Oct 21, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Loved this book! It was a very quick cute read that will warm you. I thought the characters were well developed and it was a queer love story that wasn’t forced or trying too hard to prove something. Loved the honesty and openness to show affection between all the characters!
Marco
Carino e cute, con un paio di dettagli belli belli (il rapporto tra i due lead si evolve con un ottimo pacing senza scadere nel banale), ma con un sacco di potenziale inespresso :(
Kate
This was so stinking adorable I can’t believe it 😊
Such a sweet story, and so much baking!!
Erin Scott
Jan 07, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Thanks netgalley for the free arc for review!

4.5 - the pacing is great and art communicates a lot of really difficult and find movements incredibly well. Found myself rooting against Ari in the first place and was fascinated with liking/disliking him as the protagonist. Portrayed a healthy response to a relationship that could have gotten very dangerous and had a positive (tho quick) resolution. It's nice to see some LGBT rep that isn't JUST a perfect relationship - tho it does feel like apolog
Ashley
Aug 17, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This was so adorable, I loved it.
Claire Draper
Jul 03, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I LOVE THIS BOOK! I'm biased, but it's so good. What's not too love about all the blue, and beautiful two page spreads, and love, and baking. SO GOOD! READ IT NOW!!!
Garrett
Oct 11, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
A funny, sweet and sometimes sad love story. Very simple coming of age narrative about a young man who doesn't know what he wants out of life until he does. LGBT focused, but not as a fulcrum point - just about anyone could appreciate this story. Good colors and sometimes transcendent art; lots of detailed beach and cooking scenes.
Tiffany
Sep 23, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I've had this on my wish list for about a year now, and I was so excited to get a digital ARC from First Second via NetGalley.

The coloring and artwork are gorgeous. The characters are very relatable, and the story was so sweet.
John Tan
Jul 24, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: comic-con, giveaways
I picked up a copy of this from a First Second giveaway at this year's San Diego Comic Con. I devoured it in too short a time, and I look forward to reading it again.

This graphic novel focuses on Ari, a guy with big dreams of getting out of his small-feeling, constricting life and following his dreams of indie pop rock stardom. To get out from underneath his family bakery, he searches for a replacement baker and finds Hector, a guy who is eager to continue baking while dealing with his own issue
Erin
Oct 09, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: graphic-novels
BAKERY BOYS IN LOVE.

So. Stinking. Cute.
Briana
Oct 03, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition

Summary: Ari gives up his dream of being a musician in the big city to help his family's failing bakery. Hector has just arrived from out of town to sort through his Nana's things when he applies for a job at Ari's family bakery. The two start off a little rough but end up becoming friends. Antics ensue and we have a sweet summer romance.

I absolutely adored this graphic novel! The beginning did no
Dexter
Dec 31, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
The best buds are ones that go through the harshest of conditions; hence, they cast their shells away to flaunt what is beautiful within. Kevin Panetta proves this in his endearing and heartfelt take on the coming of age story that is ‘Bloom‘. It is a palette of what it means to be a teenager and what it takes to know one’s true self and what makes them happy.

We follow Aristotle “Ari” Kyrkos as he figures out life after high school. Determined to hold his own, he irks to move to the big city wit
I.
Feb 13, 2018 marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition
"Still waiting for a reviewer to call Bloom “Yuri on Icing” - Kevin Panetta 32 minutes ago on Twitter.

Bloom is Yuri on Icing.