Start by marking “The Beauty of the Moment” as Want to Read:
The Beauty of the Moment

The Beauty of the Moment

Susan is the new girl—she’s sharp and driven, and strives to meet her parents’ expectations of excellence. Malcolm is the bad boy—he started raising hell at age fifteen, after his mom died of cancer, and has had a reputation ever since.

Susan’s parents are on the verge of divorce. Malcolm’s dad is a known adulterer.

Susan hasn’t told anyone, but she wants to be an artist. Ma
Expected publication: February 26th 2019 by Farrar, Straus and Giroux (Byr)

To ask other readers questions about The Beauty of the Moment, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Beauty of the Moment

Tanaz
Jun 27, 2017 added it  ·  (Review from the author)  ·  review of another edition
No one dies in this one, I promise.
Rachel Strolle
Sep 11, 2018 rated it it was amazing
wow that is a QUALITY rom-com right there

like, one of the best ya romcoms i have read
Samantha (WLABB)
This was an utterly interesting and engaging tale. There are so many ways to classify this story. It's an immigrant experience story. It's a love story. It's a story of heartbreak. It's a coming-of-age story. Whichever the case, I thought Bhathena did them all quite well, and I really enjoyed meeting Susan and Malcolm.

Full review to follow.

*ARC provided in exchange for an honest review.

BLOG | INSTAGRAM |TWITTER | BLOGLOVIN | FRIEND ME ON GOODREADS
Paige
Feb 08, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: own-physical-arc
Very sweet and as always, I'm forever in love with Bhathena's writing style.
michelle (magicalreads)
Jan 20, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2019, arcs
4.25-4.5 stars I’m still deciding

but awww that last third :’)))

rtc
Meghan
Oct 11, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: library
This book really reflects the proverb of whatever is meant to be will be and the love of Susan and Malclom really signifies just that. Things happen for a reason and if a couple is meant to be together, they will find a way despite what their families might think and even if they do not make sense on paper as the "perfect couple." What if Jenny Han and the Director of Serendipity decided to collaborate on a novel? The Beauty of the Moment is the direct spawn of the answer to that question.

Thank
Carlie Sorosiak
Apr 26, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This book is EVERYTHING. Susan and Malcolm are such complex, believable characters, and I was completely drawn into their world. Get ready for a stunning sophomore novel.
Teresa
Jun 18, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Susan is the new girl in Toronto; she misses her friends and father back in Saudi Arabia and she is terrified at letting down her mother. Malcolm attracts trouble and he doesn't ever seem to shy away from it, even if this year he has decided to take a step back from the drugs and alcohol. When they first meet, there is an instant spark...a connection that neither one of them can deny. As Susan begins to open up to Malcolm he begins to open up with her...and other members of his family.
Of course
bookborrower
I’m not a huge fan of love stories, but since I am a huge fan of A Girl Like That, I figured I might give this a read when it comes out next year. 🤷🏻♀ ...more
Elise (TheBookishActress)
I want so much more from this author.
Savannah (The Book Prophet)
um yes, please ~ and tanaz promised that nobodies dies so maybe less crying
Stacy Fetters
Feb 09, 2019 rated it liked it
"This is your heart. It’s not made of glass. Your heart is made of muscle, tough and resilient. It’s strong enough to weather most things, including emotional storms. Naturally, in the nature of muscle, the heart also has its weaknesses. It retains memories, good and bad. But muscle can be retrained, reshaped, can be made to learn new habits."

This book hit too close to home for me. I recently lost someone to cancer and it’s still so fresh that this hit me hard. But this story was more than a los
Raena Pellichet
Jan 08, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I really loved this book. The writing was so easy to read that I found it really hard to put down, which I love. As soon as a chapter would end, my eyes would immediately start reading the next chapter so that I would have to force myself to come to a stopping point. This book is more of a slice of life, focused on characters more than plot, but that doesn't bother me.
I thought the romance between Malcolm and Susan was really interesting to read and I love them together so much. They struggle a
Michelle (Firstbooklove)
(I received a free eARC from Fantastic Flying Book Club for a voluntary and honest review. All thoughts and opinions are my own)

The Beauty of the moment By Tanaz Bhathena

Genre: YA, Contemporary, Romance

Rating: 3/5 stars

(Review)

(DISCLAIMER: All thoughts and opinions are my own)

Susan is the driven new girl, determined to meet her parent’s expectations. Malcolm is the bad boy with a reputation. Susan’s parents are on the brink of divorce while Malcolm’s father is a notorious adulterer. Despite thei
Alison Glass
Oct 09, 2017
Kat
Nov 15, 2018 rated it it was amazing
#TheBeautyoftheMoment #MustReadYA2019
Tanaz Bhathena is becoming one of my favorite authors! After reading her first book, which made my heart hurt I have fallen in love with her second. The Beauty of the Moment has a wonderful romance and genuine characters that you don't want to leave. If you haven't read this author, yet you are missing out!
Sanura
  • Inventing Victoria
  • Love From A to Z
  • Let’s Call It a Doomsday
  • Hot Dog Girl
Tanaz Bhathena was born in Mumbai and raised in Riyadh, Jeddah and Toronto. Her short stories have appeared in various journals, including Blackbird, Witness and Room Magazine. A Girl Like That is her first novel.

NOTE: I don't use Goodreads frequently; please feel free to connect with me through my website.