Start by marking “Young Captain Nemo” as Want to Read:
Young Captain Nemo

Young Captain Nemo

Armed with his wits, his friends, and his Nemotech submarine, a twelve-year-old descendant of Jules Verne’s famous antihero is determined to help make the ocean a safer place one adventure at a time in Jason Henderson's Young Captain Nemo, first in a new middle-grade series.

Gabriel Nemo is not your typical 12-year-old. A descendant of the famous Captain Nemo, he spent the
Published March 12th 2019 by Feiwel Friends

To ask other readers questions about Young Captain Nemo, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Young Captain Nemo

Ms. Yingling
Jan 13, 2019 rated it it was amazing
E ARC from Edelweiss Plus

Gabriel Nemo lives alone (but with access to a lawyer in case things need to be signed) near the sea, and has access to a state-of-the-art submarine, the Obscure, that he uses to help ships in need. He has two good friends, Peter and Misty, who help him man the ship. When they sneak away from a school fund raiser to save a ship and have an encounter with a giant animal that has inhabited a sunken WWII era plane, Gabriel knows he is going to have to ask his parents, who a
Jessica
Jan 30, 2019 rated it really liked it
Thank you to NetGalley for providing me with an advanced ebook in exchange for my honest opinion.

Young Captain Nemo has a fabulous premise .Gabriel Nemo is a decedent of the infamous Caption Nemo, but he isn't following in his footsteps. He wants to make the underwear realm safe for all. His sister however is an apply that hasn't fallen far from the family tree. Gabriel will need to challenge his sister if he is going to change the family persona.

My students, boys and girls, will want to pass th
KidlitUnderground
Feb 20, 2019 rated it it was amazing
#Kidlitexchange Partner: When your multiple-greats grandfather was THE Captain Nemo (remember, son of a deposed Indian Raja) either you become a hashtag richkidofInstagram OR you become a twelve-year-old mad scientist, marine biologist, and swashbuckling submarine badass. Fortunately for this book, Gabriel Nemo chose the latter.

Thanks to Kidlitexchange and Feiwel & Friends for the ARC of Jason Henderson’s YOUNG CAPTAIN NEMO. All opinions are my own.

‘Fractured retelling of 20,000 LEAGUES UN
Kate Waggoner
Dec 01, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2018-read
Thanks to the @kidlitexchange network and the publisher for the review copy of this book - all opinions are my own.

Twelve-year-old Gabriel Nemo is a descendent of the famous Captain Nemo. Gabriel's parents are both researchers who live and work at Nemolabs (located in a secret location on the ocean floor). His sister, Nerissa, has chosen to follow the path more similar to the original Captain Nemo, who terrorized the seas, and is a wanted woman as she takes on ships illegally whaling, among oth
Erika
Dec 24, 2018 rated it it was amazing
@kidlitexchange #partner Thank you to the #kidlitexchange network, @macmillankidsbooks and author #jasonhenderson for the review copy of this book. All opinions are my own.

Gabriel Nemo, a descendant of the original Captain Nemo, is captain of his own submarine, Obscure. Gabe attends a STEM school in Santa Marta, California, while his parents remain at Nemotech headquarters somewhere on the ocean floor. With the help of two classmates, Gabe dodges school activities to attend to missions and sea-b
Shane Snoke
Feb 22, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Full disclosure: I'm a friend of the author and got an ARC. That said, I really loved this book. I'm not the target audience, per se, but the 5th grade version of me would have gone bananas for YCN. And even now as a middle-aged me I can say that it's an honest-to-goodness page-turner with gripping action sequences and a truly fantastic premise, in the best sense of the word. I'm truly looking forward to the next book in the series!
China
Jan 13, 2019
T.J. Burns
I received a copy of this book from Macmillan Children's Publishing Group via NetGalley in exchange for an honest review.
Sophia
Kati Sterling
Nov 28, 2018
Yasmine
Nov 29, 2018
I've been writing for a long time-- comics, games (like Destiny 2), books-- there's always *something.* But lately I've gotten into modern-day YA novels with the Alex Van Helsing series and now middle grade with the new Young Captain Nemo series.