Start by marking “Peter & Ernesto: The Lost Sloths” as Want to Read:
Peter & Ernesto: The Lost Sloths

Peter & Ernesto: The Lost Sloths

(Peter & Ernesto #2)

Peter and Ernesto loved their tree.

Then a hurricane came and blew it away!

Now, Peter, Ernesto, and the rest of their sloth friends must venture into the jungle to find a new—great—tree. But the jungle is full of dangers, including angry ants, slithering snakes, and a ravenous jaguar!

Can cautious Peter and confident Ernesto work together to keep their tribe safe? They’ll ha
Published April 9th 2019 by First Second

Josie
Apr 26, 2019 rated it really liked it
I love these guys! Another adventure and new lessons learned. Life- it gets to you even when you are a sloth. <3
Michele Knott
Apr 16, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I adore these sloths!
Carol Tilley
Sep 03, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: animals, kids, humor, comics
Another lovely installment of Peter & Ernesto. I love these sloths.
Barbara
Returning to the same characters and territory he explored in the first book, Peter & Ernesto: A Tale of Two Sloths, the author/illustrator continues to flesh out the world in which the sloths live. After their favorite tree is destroyed in a hurricane, the two friends and three other sloths must find a new home that will keep them safe from predators and allow them to relax in comfort. They try various spots, but nothing seems ideal. After a bird suggests that there's the perfect tree near ...more
Katherine
Oct 19, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2018
Peter and Ernesto are back! This time, their whole herd (or “bed.” A bed of sloths) is in for a big adventure! During a powerful hurricane, the sloths’ beloved tree is blown away! What are they to do? Brave, adventurous Ernesto leads them off to find a new great tree to call home. Along the way, they meet many other animals of the jungle. Peter keeps the group safe, while Ernesto leads the way. Once again, these two make a great team. Even with danger and missteps along the way, the sloths are c ...more
Nicola
May 27, 2019 rated it really liked it
Another Peter and Ernesto book exploring their friendship and different personality styles. In this one, a terrible hurricane destroys their home and they need to find a new one. I like that despite their very different personalities they support each other instead of getting horribly irritated with each other! Miss 4 really enjoys the sloths and hopes there will be a third adventure.

Miss 4 and I like to explore different books and authors at the library, sometimes around particular topics or th
Jenni Frencham
Annable, Graham. Peter & Ernesto: The Lost Sloths. First Second, 2019.

Peter, Ernesto, and their friends lose their tree home in a hurricane, so they set out to find the perfect new tree.

This is an adorable graphic novel with simple text and plenty of humorous adventure, perfect for middle grade readers.

Recommended for: middle grade
Red Flags: none
Overall Rating: 4/5 stars

I received a complimentary copy of this book through Netgalley for the purpose of review.
Marta Boksenbaum
Mar 25, 2019 rated it liked it
I obtained this ARC for an honest review. So I loved the first Peter & Ernesto book, and this one was also cute but not quite as impressive. There is a lot more singing and the story goes very slowly, which is ironic considering it’s a story about sloths. I liked the story but I might not get the second one for my library. It’s definitely a good book to give to younger graphic novel readers who like animals.
Erin
Mar 21, 2019 rated it really liked it
Thanks to the publishers and Netgalley for providing a review copy.

Another delightful installation of this graphic novel series for young readers. Peter and Ernesto are sloths with very different personalities, but both find themselves very useful when a hurricane blows down their home tree and they must find a new one. Great for fans of Bird and Squirrel or Narwhal and Jellyfish.
Melissa
I love Peter & Ernesto! They make such a great team ;-) In this second tale, our intrpid sloth friends lose their home to a hurricane and have to traverse the jungle to find another great tree to live in. Always enthusiastic Ernesto and practical Peter have to make multiple decisions along the way to stay safe and find their new home, so of course hilarity and adventure ensue!
Aud
Apr 19, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Cuuuuuute! And this time, with more sloths! And other animals, too. I love that Peter has learned how to channel his worrying into being the guy who thinks ahead to keep his troop of friends safe. And I love how Ernesto is still the bubbly personality who keeps everybody moving. They are, indeed, and good team.

Such fun!
Erin
Apr 12, 2019 rated it really liked it
Peter and Ernesto are just as funny in this book as the first! This time a hurricane decimates their tree and they have to find a new home with their friends. They overcome many unexpected obstacles and meet all sorts of animals along the way.
Francis S. Poesy
Apr 18, 2019 rated it really liked it
A fun travel adventure with Peter & Ernesto and a cavalcade of other jungle characters. I can't wait to read more about these two and their friends. A great book (series) for introducing graphic novels to children.
Sarah N
Apr 28, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I aspire to Ernesto’s positivity, but I’m honestly the worry-wart Peter. Also, this graphic novel was even funnier than the first one. I laughed out loud several times. Who knew sloths could have such grand adventures?
Karen
May 02, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I just love Peter and Ernesto from the first book, and this time they are joined by a number of friends in their quest to find a new home after their tree is destroyed. The characters are endearing. The illustrations are delightful. A very fun read.
Earl
Apr 08, 2019 rated it really liked it
It's another wild adventure for these two friends and this time they're joined by their whole clan as they go out to find a new home. Along the way they'll encounter lots of animals both friendly and unfriendly and some surprises as well!
Katy
Mar 28, 2019 rated it liked it
Thank you to First Second Books and NetGalley for access to this ARC.

I'm not quite as enamored with this volume as with the first in the series but it's fun and the kids will like it.
Annese
May 04, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2019-j-graphic
Hilarious! An awesome addition to the series. I love the Peter & Ernesto facts featured at the end of the book.
Theresa Grissom
Sep 14, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Thanks to Netgalley for an ARC of this book.

I love this series. Super cute and a quick, easy read. Peter and Ernesto are adorable.
Mandyhello
Apr 19, 2019 rated it it was amazing
One of my favorite children's GN series <3
Linnea
still adorable and great fun but i liked the first one better
Kendall Ball
Apr 23, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This may be my favorite 100% wholesome GN series!
Apr 11, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2019
Once again, sobbing over these sloths. I’m wrecked emotionally. Peter and Ernesto are friendship GOALS.
Rosemary
Nov 18, 2018 rated it it was amazing
It's the return of my favorite sloth buddies! Peter and Ernesto are back, and they've got a new adventure when a hurricane blows their beloved tree away! Peter, Ernesto, and the rest of their sloth friends must set out to find a new tree. A great tree. A tree just like the one they had, preferably. As they journey through the jungle, there are new dangers to brave: angry ants, slithering snakes, running pigs, and a very hungry jaguar! Ernesto is up to the challenge, but poor Peter... well, Peter ...more
MaryLibrarianOH
May 10, 2019 rated it really liked it
A hurricane destroys the sloths tree and so into the jungle they go to find a new home. Wonderful and humorous illustrations help graphic novel excel.
Michael Whitcomb
Sep 29, 2018 rated it it was ok
The colors were very monochromatic that I had a difficult time turning each page. Each page was very similar. The theme was extremely confusing. I did enjoy the sloth facts at the end of the book and would have appreciated to have more of that.
Angie  Moore
Mar 03, 2019 rated it really liked it
This is a super cute graphic novel about friendship and going on an adventure! I was surprised by how much I liked it! And sloths? Can it get any cuter?! I know my students will LOVE this book! I can't wait to add it to our library collection and share it!
Rachel
Aug 08, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Very cute. I liked the first Peter & Ernesto book, but this one has sealed the deal for me. The adventures they meet with different kinds of animals were engaging and very well-illustrated. I find that some children's graphic novels don't do the best job with transitioning between panels, leaving the reader to have to fill in the blanks in the jump, but Graham Annable does a wonderful job of fully illustrating the character's movements throughout the story. I don't do this often, but I laugh ...more
Shauna Yusko
I love these sloths!
Amber Webb
Dec 24, 2018 rated it really liked it
These poor sloths lose their home and have to go on an adventure to find somewhere else to live. They come across many challenges and intriguing characters along the way. My kids love Peter and Ernesto and this book did not disappoint.
Graham Annable is a cartoonist and animator living in Portland, Oregon. He is the creator of Grickle, published by Alternative Comics, and one of the founders of the Hickee humor anthology (also published by Alternative Comics). Annable has created works for the television, film, video game, and comic book industries.

After graduating from Toronto's Sheridan College, where he was classically traine

Peter & Ernesto (2 books)
  • Peter & Ernesto: A Tale of Two Sloths