Start by marking “The Storm (Irin Chronicles, #6)” as Want to Read:
The Storm (Irin Chronicles, #6)

(Irin Chronicles #6)

4.42  ·  Rating details ·  492 Ratings  ·  67 Reviews
On the darkest night of winter, can he bring light to her wounded heart?

Scarred by loss, Irina warrior Renata has held the world at a distance. Fighting the Grigori and protecting humanity are her goals, but her heart remains frozen to the bonds of family and love. Only one scribe, Maxim of Riga, has managed to see through Renata’s armor.

On the darkest night of winter, i
Published April 17th 2018

To ask other readers questions about The Storm, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Storm

Elizabeth Hunter
Apr 04, 2018 added it  ·  (Review from the author)

The Storm is LIVE!!

**LINKS**
➜ Amazon: http://amzn.to/2HEgoR7

PAPERBACK
➜Amazon: https://amzn.to/2qyG6iV
➜B&N: https://bit.ly/2IY4Ybv

G.I.V.E.A.W.A.Y.
Check this out for another chance at great prizes ;)

The Storm was originally published in the anthology Amid the Winter Snow: A Holiday Anthology. This is the individual release WITH BONUS CONTENT (meaning a whole other brand new novella, Song for the Dying)!!
Kate's Corner
4 'Some moments are beyond words' Stars.

There are two novellas included here. The Storm & Song for the Dying. They are unique and can’t be compared to one another.

The Storm.

The Storm by Ms. Hunter is another great addition to her Irin Chronicles series and although a novella it most certainly does pack a punch. I can only recommend reading the series as this can’t be read as a standalone. There is so much depth and history here that it is worth it. The book is full of emotion it is about pa
Sandra ~ ♥ Cross My Heart ♥
The Storm is a raw, beautiful, tumultuous love story set in Hunter's Irin Chronicles world. Within minutes of opening the book, I found myself once again surrendering to the author's lyrical, hypnotic voice - a siren's song luring me back to this world and characters I love so much. Beautifully written, The Storm is another masterpiece in one of my favorite fantasy series ever!

The wait for Max & Renata's story is finally over. Through a series of flashbacks, readers are privy to the dance an
Anne - Books of My Heart
This review was originally posted on Books of My Heart

Review copy was received from Author. This does not affect my opinion of the book or the content of my review.

I was lucky enough to review the Amid the Winter Snow anthology which included the novella The Storm.  Now The Storm has been released on its own and has an added novella,  Song For The Dying, which almost doubles the length to that of a regular book. There is also a preview for The Seeker which releases next month!

A colorful
Gigi
Apr 08, 2018 rated it it was amazing
‘The Storm,’ by Elizabeth Hunter was so wonderfully written.
Renata, a strong and fiercely independent Irina, has fought valiantly to protect and overcome the wrongs brought to her people. And though the world is changing around her, she has yet to heal the damage inflicted upon her heart.
Maxim, a determined and compassionate Irin Scribe, has always marched to beat of his own drum. Though he is incredibly loyal... he has always walked/flirted along the edges of right & wrong, with danger, a
Nicole Rumeau
Apr 07, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I already read The Storm when it was included as part of a collection earlier. The story and Song for the Dying were both deep dives into how love, forgiveness, and grief are partners in our journey through life. I was particularly moved by Leo and Max’s story and found myself weeping at the beauty of Elizabeth’s word and her ability to capture complex emotions. I’m going to be thinking about these stories for many days to come!
crazybookchic
If you love fantasy books: READ ELIZABETH HUNTER!
MAX! This guy. This is the guy I have been waiting for. Ever since I met him in The Scribe, Max has held a special place in my heart. After Rhys, he's probably my favorite Irin dude. He's tough and mysterious. What is he up too? Where does he disappear to? He's got secrets and a secret Irina Girl too. (I almost thought he was a bad guy once. Shame on me!)
Anyway, we finally get Max and Renta's story. We've seen them circling each other in the othe
This Literary Life
Apr 12, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I was given a copy of this book for my honest reaction, which, once again resulted in a 5 star rating.
I was simply stunned at the depths that this book takes you. The Irin world is one of most well written series that I have ever had the honor of reading. I am swept away by the magic and beauty with every story that comes out of this series.

***The Storm***
I read The Storm, Max and Renata's story, back in December when it was a part of an anthology. And yet I could not skip over it and jump int
Kimberly
Apr 19, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Emotional read-loved it!

Elizabeth Hunter has written another amazing book! This book was very deep, emotionally. I loved Max and Renata's story. I can't wait to read Rhys' this summer.

Renata found her Reshon, Balien, right before the Rending. The couple put off their mating ritual because they were hiding from Grigori attacks and it would weaken both of them afterwards. When Balien gives his life to save Renata's, she doesn't want to live anymore. She is on the run and alone until Mala finds her
Dmcl
Apr 19, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I have long been a fan of the Irin World and this story is a welcome addition to that spectacular series. Elizabeth Hunter writes flawlessly and the depth of emotion she evokes is so intense that the reader is moved beyond words. This novella brings a beautiful close to Max and Renata’s story as they finally come together in an avalanche of love and passion and healing. It is a celebration of life and hope.
Norma
Apr 14, 2018 rated it it was amazing
The world of The Irin Chronicles is one that is steeped in family, tradition, and second chances and The Storm is no different. It's a beautiful story of letting love in, even when it scares you senseless. It's intimate setting makes it feel reverent, but I suppose that was the point. It's beautifully told and you can feel the hurt experienced my the main characters beginning to heal as they finally find each other. Song for the Dying was such a wonderful continuation of Max and Renata's story. ...more
Dee Smith
Apr 11, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This was such an amazing emotional book. I loved it!! I love the chemistry between Max and Renata.. it doesn't matter what is said between them they can't deny their feelings. It takes a special little girl and a special place but they are finally one. I don't want to give anything away but this is one of those books that you want to have a box of kleenex handy. And then there is the short story Song For The Dying... oh my gosh!!! I loved it!! It answered so many questions and was such a tender, ...more
Fiona Weaver
Apr 13, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I was given the opportunity to read an early copy of The Storm. It originally appeared in the anthology Amid the Winter Snow but has the added bonus of a new story Song for the Dying. The Storm is the story of the tempestuous relationship between Max and Renata, set in Midwinter. It is story of loss and love. We meet new characters, who I hope will feature in future stories. The bonus story Song for the Dying continues Max & Renata‘s Story but also brings Leo and Kyra in. Max and Leo must re ...more
Nena
Apr 18, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This book includes two novellas. The Storm which tells us story of Max and Renata (earlier published in the Amid The Winter Snow anthology) and Song for the Dying that takes us back to Max and Leo’s childhood home.
Both stories are 5 star reads for me but Song For The Dying is in my opinion the most beautiful heartbreaking and heartwarming story this author has written to date. It touched my heart and made me stare at the wall after I finished it. So so beautiful!
Erin Fraser
Apr 13, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Despite the fact that The Storm (and Song for the Dying) are novellas, they pack so much pertinent information that help the reader understand Max and Leo that you really feel like you've read a full novel. Both stories have so much emotion, from learning about Renata's family to hearing about how Max and Leo became the hardened soldiers they are today. There is information learned in Song for the Dying that happily surprised me, and I hope we see more of that in upcoming Irin stories. Wonderful ...more
Chantell Reid
Apr 11, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Hunter never disappoints. The Irin Chronicles are one of my top series that I recommend.
The 2 novellas included are wonderful insights to characters we’ve seen throughout the series with questions answered. Sure to leave you loving them.

Leo and Kyra and Max and Reni. Just when I thought I couldn’t love characters more... left me on an emotional high.

G.M.
Apr 24, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: elizabeth-hunter
Wow. Just wow. I had to wait twenty four hours to even be able to write this review. Ms. Hunter has done it again, but then, she always does. But this book..... this book.... has almost made me incoherent. I realize that fans of Ms. Hunters have a soft spot for Malachi and Ava from the Irin Chronicles. After all, those characters are the ones that sent us all down the wondrous rabbit hole of Hunter Heaven. But. My favorite characters have always been Damien and Sari. Their story was heart wrench ...more
Daisa
Apr 23, 2018 rated it it was amazing
So this book ended with me having tears running down my face and nearly sobbing. And not because it was sad exactly but because after Max and Leo endured so much pain and went through life thinking one thing and then finally realizing the reality of their situation...it was like they were finally about to release all that pent up hurt and were able to breathe for the first time in their lives.

Elizabeth writes feelings, passion and heart AMAZINGLY which makes it so easy to just fly through these
Monika P.
Apr 24, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: rnr
Ms Hunter has done it again! This time she created two beautiful stories of love and family, heartbreak and healing and forgiveness. Since I had already read Amid the Winter Snow, I went straight to the Song for the Dying. Good thing I had a box of tissue at hand. I haven't cried that much in a long time. What an emotional story! Nobody does them better than Ms Hunter. Thank you!!!
Kaitlin Williams
Apr 23, 2018 rated it it was amazing
“Home is what we could have together, but you’re too afraid to build it.”

I LOVED this story! I was dying to hear of Leo and Renata's story when I was first introduced to them in the Irin chronicles. The loss was sad, but the healing was beautiful. I look forward to the rest of the stories to come!
Keikii Eats Books
Jul 29, 2018 rated it it was amazing
The Storm
89 points/100 (4.5 stars/5)

Max has been chasing after Renata for 18 years. Quite literally, as Renata disappears every time to a new hiding hole. But Max is done chasing, he is going to win her this time. Renata still holds the wounds of the Rending close to her heart, she has lost so much. She doesn't want to hurt Max with her selfishness.

Another story we have seen part of before, but this time we're telling the whole story. We had seen hints, the other characters have seen hints. Just
Lynn
Apr 17, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Renata has come home to the place where her best and worst memories are of family and her destined mate whom she loved and lost. She is part of a group of half-angelic people who have been waring with another angelically related group for centuries. Maxim follows Renata to her hideaway home because he is determined to make her seem him as more than a fellow warrior. While snowed in, they discover others have been living in her home. Their presence pains Renata, but shows perhaps that even one’s ...more
Charity Chimni
Apr 17, 2018 rated it it was amazing
The Storm by Elizabeth Hunter was awesome. Max and Renata’s story was heart breaking at times. The dance they took for well over a decade. The revelations about the Irin world! A definite must read! Can’t wait for more from this world!

A song for the dying was a great view into the irin past and heartbreak through Max and Leo’s past. The healing and the revelations were emotional. Looking forward to the next book!
Melissa
Apr 18, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I wasn't the biggest fan of the Irin Chronicles in the beginning but as the stories go on I like them more and more. I thought The Storm and A Song for the Dying were wonderfully written and powerful stories that provided fantastic insight into both the past and the future for the characters and the Irin world that Elizabeth has created. I was unable to put the book down even though this was the second time that I have read The Storm. I cannot wait to read The Seeker!
Phillip M Lewallen
Excellent as usual.

Ms. Hunter's Irin Chronicle novellas are like old friends. No matter what happens you feel graced and complete when you finish. We are all curious about all kinds of angels and her stories do not disappoint. Neither will you be once you've read them. I just wish they were books instead of novellas because longer stories are always better, you just want to know more. Highly recommended.
Gwen Mitchell
Apr 17, 2018 rated it really liked it
There is so much rich emotional depth to Miss Hunter's writing. You can tell these are characters she's tended to for a long time and cares for deeply. Their story was heartbreaking and HOT. All the feels!
Dawn
Great

Loved reading Max and Leo's story was a heartbreaking as Renata's, but satisfying. Also loved the preview of The Singer. A cruel taste! Love ALL these books. Have never been disappointed and I have read them all.
Gail Cleare
Oct 10, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I love this series, and this story is one of the best. I wished it was longer, but the novella that's included continues the story, years later, so that helps.
Angela Whitmore
Apr 08, 2018 rated it it was amazing
The Storm has been published previously as part of an anthology called Amid the Winter Snow. It has now been given it's own title but to make up for the fact that we've seen it before, it's now accompanied by a brand new short story - Song for the Dying. I call it a short story but it's pretty substantial.

The Storm tells the story of long time on and off booty call pair, Max and Renata. He tracks her down in a heavy storm and the weather forces them to stay together and accept their true feeling
Sarah Austin
I've loved the last 2 books in the Irin Chronicles and the novella Song for the Dying is absolutely beautiful. 5 stars for both.
Goodreads Librari...: Add to series - Irin Chronicles 2 13 Apr 16, 2018 09:38PM
ELIZABETH HUNTER is a USA Today and international bestselling author of romance, contemporary fantasy, and paranormal mystery. Based in Central California, she travels extensively to write fantasy fiction exploring world mythologies, history, and the universal bonds of love, friendship, and family.

She has published over thirty works of fiction and sold over a million books world-wide. She is the

Irin Chronicles (8 books)
  • The Scribe (Irin Chronicles, #1)
  • The Singer (Irin Chronicles, #2)
  • The Secret (Irin Chronicles, #3)
  • The Staff and the Blade (Irin Chronicles, #4)
  • The Silent (Irin Chronicles, #5)
  • The Seeker (Irin Chronicles, #7)
  • Amid the Winter Snow