Start by marking “High Sierra” as Want to Read:
High Sierra

High Sierra

When Jasmine Fuentes finds herself thousands of miles from home, forced to hike around in the wilderness of California with a bunch of juvenile delinquents, she’s convinced she doesn’t belong.

Forage for food, build shelter, make fire—Jasmine sets out to learn what she needs to do to ace the program so she can go home and salvage her summer vacation. But the more she tries
Published October 21st 2017 by CreateSpace Independent Publishing Platform

To ask other readers questions about High Sierra, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about High Sierra

Nicole
Jun 02, 2019 rated it really liked it
I wish more YA fiction was like High Sierra. It was so enjoyable and refreshing to read through the eyes of a teenage girl that didn't drive me crazy with her whining. Jasmine Fuentes is still definitely a teenager with the sarcasm and struggles that come with that stage of life, but she has wit and intelligence that help her to continue to function despite the unfairness life left in her path.

There are other teenage characters in the book who turn to more destructive coping strategies, but I l
Danice Hope
May 30, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I found "High Sierra" intriguing. Jasmine’s mother sends her to camp in Yosemite National Park during her summer break. The group hike and learn wilderness skills. At first, Jasmine feels that she doesn’t belong there with a group of troubled teens. After all, she is a straight A student, but gradually her own struggles rise to the surface. I liked that it showed what Jasmine thought and felt as she worked through wilderness challenges, and ultimately had to face her own insecurities. The author ...more
Hamster
I got this for free in exchange for a review. Since I don’t love contemporary YA, I thought I was doing the author a favor.
Ha!
I hadn’t even finished the ebook before I ordered a paper copy for my kids to read.
It’s wise, well-written, and super funny.
Not too romancy or churchy. Just inspirational and fun. Such a great story.
R.c. Hancock
Jun 03, 2019 rated it it was amazing
awesome book.
my wife is currently reading it to our kids.
Marnae
May 30, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
It was such a joy to help get this book out into the world. I spent a lot of time laughing out loud while editing this. Not only is the dialogue clever and often hilarious, but High Sierra is super inspiring without being preachy. 10/10 would recommend.
Jeanna Massman
Jun 03, 2019
Angspendlove
Jun 22, 2019
Adrienne Quintana
May 28, 2019 is currently reading it  ·  (Review from the author)  ·  review of another edition
Lorraine Lee
Jun 27, 2019
Tori
added it
Jul 10, 2019
Adrienne Quintana is the author of Eruption as well as several children’s books. When she isn't writing, Adrienne enjoys running, hiking, and matchmaking (Are you single? She probably knows someone perfect for you.) She lives in Arizona with her husband and four children, who give her love, support, and plenty of good material for Instagram.