Start by marking “My Forever Home (Rescue Me, #3)” as Want to Read:
My Forever Home (Rescue Me, #3)

My Forever Home

(Rescue Me #3)

Love comes to the rescue.

Vet school drop-out Tess Grasso dreams of having her own pet therapy business, but she meets one disastrous obstacle after another. There's no denying she has a way with animals, so in the meantime she puts her skills to use at a local no-kill shelter. Between helping her furry companions and a budding relationship with fellow dog lover Mason Reddi
Published November 27th 2018 by Sourcebooks Casablanca

To ask other readers questions about My Forever Home, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about My Forever Home

Start your review of My Forever Home (Rescue Me, #3)
Julie
My Forever Home by Debbie Burns is a 2018 Sourcebooks Casablanca publication.

I’m a huge animal lover, so naturally, I’m a sucker for any story that features pets and animals. This one is centered around Tess Grasso, a veterinary school dropout, who dreams of opening her own pet therapy business, and Mason Redding, a professional baseball player recuperating from an injury that has him temporarily sidelined.

The couple bonds over a stray Husky. They give the dog a very special name, which was ve
Robin Loves Reading
When Mason Redding helps Tess Grasso in a tough situation, the two hit it off right away. Tess wonders if she will ever see Mason again. Of course, things work to Tess's advantage and she soon sees Mason again. However, their relationship has a hitch Tess is unaware of. Mason is a major league baseball player, and he does not want Tess to like him because of his celebrity status.

The two have a problem that they are dealing with and this helps to bond them together. Mason has been trying to catch
Aly
Dec 12, 2018 rated it really liked it
For a while, Tess Grasso backpacked throughout Europe but she's back to stay with her grandmother, now that her grandfather passed away. She dropped out of vet school but her heart has always been with dogs and she dream of starting her business of holistic animal therapy, while she's currently working at the High Grove Animal shelter. After a couple of back lucks happening to her, it's safe to say that Tess is quite unlucky. But what began as a misfortune when she helped a stranger with a dog w ...more
Leslie aka StoreyBook Reviews
Nov 23, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: books-to-review, 2018
I really enjoy this series that centers around a pet shelter in St Louis.  This is the third book in the series and Tess was introduced in the second book, Sit, Stay, Love and I have to say I wanted to know more about her and her background so I was glad to see this was the next book in the series.  We also see many familiar characters such as Patrick, Megan, Kelsey, and Kurt.  I believe in the second book there was mention of Mason but I can't remember for sure.

I find it interesting that Tess h
Saly
Dec 10, 2018 rated it really liked it
Again a pretty sweet read. Our heroine is struggling to get her business of the ground, and our hero is struggling after an injury. The heroine comes to his rescue without knowing about his fame or money and he loves that. Once again I loved how slow burn the romance was. The characters actually got to know each other and spend time together. Another great read.
Marie Christensen
Apr 29, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Wish there was a higher than 5* rating! This is my third book in the series,can't wait for more! Animal rescues & romance what more do you need? ...more
Pam
Apr 19, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I have a Husky and to finally get to read a book that has a Husky I LOVED IT. Mason won me over trying to save John Ronald Tess and here grandmother are loving and sweet. I love John Ronald , the puppies , Mason and Tess. Not all who wander are lost.
Irene
Nov 24, 2018 rated it really liked it
4 stars

My Forever Home by Debbie Burns is a sweet and heartwarming read.
The writing is well done, the storyline entertaining from start to end and I loved watching the relationship develop between Tess and Mason.

Overall, My Forever Home is a heartwarming read and I highly recommend it.

*A big thank you to the publisher via Netgalley for the advance copy.*
Elley Murray
Rating: 3.5 stars

I really appreciate that Debbie Burns gives her characters so many flaws and dimensions and makes them so *real* and relatable. The characters she writes are so damaged and broken in so many ways, and their flaws are what make them truly special and beautiful. Tess especially comes from a pretty tough background, but the love she has with her Nonna is so great. (And oh my gosh, her Nonna is giving Patrick a run for his money as my favorite character in this series! Where do I ge
Barb Lie
Nov 26, 2018 rated it it was amazing
My Forever Home by Debbie Burns is the 3rd book in her Rescue Me series. Once again Debbie Burns gives us a wonderful sweet story that is based around an animal shelter, with a sweet couple and a fantastic dog.

Tess Grasso, our heroine, has always loved animals, and was planning to be a vet, but things changed, as she wanted to do something more. Tess is wonderful with the animals, knowing how to handle them in all kinds of situations and her knowledge and love for them shows.

Mason Redding is ou
Deb
Jan 15, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Talk about a gripping read…have those tissues ready.

We met Tess and Mason in book one of the Rescue Me Series. Now here is their story.

Mason drew my interest from book one, not just for his good looks. lol It’s for his huge heart, and his obvious love for John Reynolds (A stray dog). Mason has always drawn people to him for his celeb status, so imagine his surprise when a sweet gal had no idea who he was and was willing to help him give John Reynolds a happy home.

Tess maybe a short gal, but what
ReadBecca
Jan 16, 2020 rated it really liked it
Shelves: library
We were briefly introduced to both characters at the heart of this story in the previous book - Tess Grasso mentored with the same dog trainer as ex-military Kurt and showed up to help out with rehabbing the dogs rescued from a fighting ring, while Mason Redding is a pro-baseball player with the Cardinals who saw the story about the shelter taking those dogs and popped in to make a high profile donation.
Now, Tess being a perpetual failure in her past never completed her vet course, so is trying
BookAddict
Nov 23, 2018 rated it really liked it
Any book that has pets in it, and especially one with an emphasis on rescue animals, is a winner for me. Tess is trying to start a pet therapy business, and she stops to help a man get his energetic dog back on the leash. The dog is recovered easily enough, but in the meantime, someone has stolen Tess's belongings. Her business plan, client testimonials and all of her research, gone. Little does she know, the man she helped and is in danger of falling for is none other than professional baseball ...more
Tobi Forget the Housework, I'm Reading...
I loved this story from beginning to end. I was anxious to read Tess's story after reading Sit, Stay, Love. Debbie Burns didn't disappoint. Her unexpected romance was enthralling and unique. I loved the added part from the dog's POV. Absolutely awesome. I loved Tess's grandma and her interactions with our hero, Mason. Mason, wants a chance without a lady seeing only a baseball player and he lucked into the one person in St. Louis that has no clue who he is. He's got a giant heart and he will swe ...more
Nancy
Jan 19, 2019 rated it really liked it
A most enjoyable series!
5 stars for all the pet parts and 3 star for romance averages out to my rating.
This is the third in “A Rescue Me” series and I plan to read any more that come my way.
Setting: St. Louis,MO
Included are some parts from ( the heroic dog)John Ronald’s point-of-view which were unique and interesting.
Savannah Hendricks
Oct 06, 2019 rated it it was amazing
As the third book in the series, I was anxious to read this story. If you see my ratings, book 1 was 5 stars, book 2 was 4 stars, and this 3rd book is 5 stars. The story of Mason and Tess was relatable on many levels and the dog training facts were also a lot of fun addition. A bonus was the chapters from the stray dog's point of view.
Ahw
Jan 28, 2019 rated it liked it
Yes, I did read this.
It was a "Dog Lover's Romance" genre story and it did it well. I would never have thought there was such a genre.
If you love dogs and romance novels this will be great for you.

Please note: It deserves an "R" rating or perhaps a very high PG-13.
Kathy
Mar 05, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Wonderful story for dog lovers

I am really enjoying the Resue Me stories. Tess and Mason are great characters and I liked how they met and slowly worked their way into a relationship. The chapters from the dogs' point of view are genius. I confess to being a little disappointed in the ending. Yes, they were together but I wanted to see the reunion between John Ronald and the puppies, and find out who adopted Zoe, and know Mason recovered well and played again and how Tess coped with the notoriet
Sophia
I adored the book before this in the series and wanted to keep going with more of the same heartwarming romance and cutie shelter dog co-stars. I found it moderately engaging and enjoyed the rescue shelter world once again.

My Forever Home takes up the story of Tess who does dog therapy and Mason a baseball player who is recovering from an injury along with John Ronald a stray Huskie. The book is third in the Rescue Me series and is connected to the other two with recurring characters and the she
Avid Reader
Oct 16, 2018 rated it really liked it
My Forever Home (Rescue Me #3) by Debbie Burns
4 stars
M/F Romance
I was given this book for an honest review by Wicked Reads.

Tess is amazing with animals. She wanted to be a vet, but realized that she wanted more than to just fix broken or sick animals. When she realizes that she is floundering, she heads back to her grandma's house to figure out what her next steps are. Tess was the accidental child and she knew it. But, once she came to grips with it, she realized that she had a lot of love, jus
Darcy
Nov 02, 2018 rated it really liked it
This one was very cute. I liked that both Mason and Tess seem to be at a crossroads in their lives. Mason realizing that he needs to change his life, to be more real, while Tess is striving to find her place in life. I loved that they both got to do this together, the dogs were just an extra bonus. Bonding over a misbehaving dog was a great way to met, even if Tess lost something in the process. I liked Mason tried to return the favor for Tess and how he tried to replace what was lost.

John Ronal
Leann
Aug 31, 2018 rated it it was amazing
In my Forever Home we meet animal loving, Tess Grasso. A vet school drop out, who's recently returned home from travels abroad to start her own pet therapy business. In the meantime she takes a job at the local animal shelter.
While out one rainy day she comes across Mason Redding trying to catch his neighbors run away dog. Mason is a baseball player healing from an injury. Before Tess knows it she's promised to help him catch a stray dog that hangs around his apartment building.
This book was pe
Margie
Nov 17, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Tess Grosso wants to open her own healthy pet canine consulting business. Her latest proposal to the owner of Pouches and Pooches which sells upscale pet products doesn't go as well as she had hoped. While outside waiting for a bus to return home after her disappointing meeting Tess sees a guy chasing a runaway dog. "He's doing this all wrong" was Tess' first thought. Then it was time for action. Tess raced across the road to help the poor guy catch the pooch. Girl catches pooch. Guy is grateful ...more
Michelle
Mar 09, 2020 rated it liked it
Shelves: read-books
The story's ending left me wondering hanging. Tess has felt she was the screw-up of her family. She was woops baby for her parents. Her own mother thought about giving her up for adoption - the family already had older children that were almost out of the home. Tress's grandparents were her godsend while growing up. When she decides to run off to Europe on an internship the family thinks its just another failure for Tess - her grandmother knows that Tess just needs to find her real self and not ...more
D.
Jun 11, 2020 rated it liked it
I liked the premise of the book, but it fell short. The story was slow moving in which the characters' instant attraction seemed forced. I liked their background stories and waited so long for Mason to reveal his occupation to Tessa. They barely had an actual date and she goes out of town to visit his family after a couple of weeks was a bit daunting.

Tessa didn't have a great relationship with her parents or older siblings, since she was an "oops" baby. She grew up being raised by her other rel
Romantic Reads and Such
Dec 04, 2018 rated it really liked it
My Forever Home is a wonderfully cozy and heartwarming read. It is just made to tug at you, through both animal and people. You totally understand why Mason keeps who he is from Tessa and the revelation works well with their relationship as it has developed. And while there is the opportunity, I really appreciate that Burns avoids melodrama and handles issues quickly and realistically.

While I feel that Mason had good development as a character, I do wish we’d gotten a little more of Tessa’s fami
Marsha Keeper Bookshelf
Reviewed at Keeper Bookshelf

My Forever Home is the third story in the Rescue Me series. And once again my heart was captured by not only this couple but a stray Husky with definite opinions of his own (in his own unique voice).

Tess and Mason make an interesting couple, each with a love of dogs, strays of the world and the work they do. Unfortunately, Tess is unaware of Mason’s real job, as a professional baseball player and a rather famous one as well. That oversight on Mason’s part will matter
Audrey
Nov 27, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This turned out great!

I will be forever grateful for the day when I was walking through Walmart last year and discovered a paperback copy of the first of the Rescue Me series. Nowhere near the book section of the store, it seemed to be placed next to the dog food I was purchasing specifically so that I could discover it. I took a chance, and brought it home with me.
I read through the first book in two days. Soon after, I couldn't get these characters out of my head, so I purchased the second on
« previous 1 3 4 next »

• Puppy Love (Forever Home, #1)
  • Puppy Christmas (Forever Home, #2)
  • Puppy Kisses (Forever Home #3)
  • Wild on My Mind (Where the Wild Hearts Are #1)
  • Chasing Tail (The Dogmothers, #3)
  • Sweet Wild of Mine (Where the Wild Hearts Are #2)
  • Hush, Puppy (The Dogmothers, #4)
  • A True Cowboy Christmas (Cold River Ranch, #1)
  • Dachshund Through the Snow (The Dogmothers, #2.5)
  • To Tame a Wild Cowboy (Cupid, Texas, #7)
  • Christmas in Silver Springs (Silver Springs, #6)
  • A Fool's Gold Wedding (Fool's Gold, #20.6)
  • SEAL's Honor (Alaska Force, #1)
  • The Good Ones (Happily Ever After, #1)
  • Return to Virgin River (Virgin River, #19)
  • Once in a Blue Moon (Blessings, Georgia, #10)
  • Jackson (The McBrides of Texas #1; Eternity Springs #16)
  • Big Chance Cowboy (Big Chance Dog Rescue, #1)
Though she still dreams of country life, Debbie Burns currently lives in a gingerbread house in Saint Louis along with her family, two phenomenal rescue dogs, and a somewhat tetchy Maine Coon cat who everyone loves anyway. Her hobbies include hiking, gardening, and daydreaming, which of course always leads to new story ideas.

Debbie’s writing commendations include a starred review from Publisher’s

Rescue Me (5 books)
  • A New Leash on Love (Rescue Me, #1)
  • Sit, Stay, Love (Rescue Me, #2)
  • Love at First Bark (Rescue Me, #4)
  • Head Over Paws (Rescue Me, #5)