Start by marking “The Right Mistake” as Want to Read:
The Right Mistake

The Right Mistake

My life consisted of perfect structure.
A job I loved-Check.
An apartment I adored-Double Check.
Friends who tried to get me to take a walk on the wild side-Triple Check.

When my best friend announced her destination bachelorette party, I knew I was in trouble. I could handle just about anything she threw my way.

But Vegas.

I knew there was no way I could handle the city that
Published October 2018

To ask other readers questions about The Right Mistake, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Right Mistake

Kate's Corner
Oct 24, 2018 marked it as 08-lost-interest
Emily Goodman
Oct 24, 2018 rated it really liked it
Am Guilliams new release The Right Mistake was everything but a mistake. From cover to cover Guilliams told the story of love at first sight wrapping it all up into one happily ever after worth your reading time.

The Right Mistake began as a what happens in Vegas stays in Vegas when a single girl is out on the town for a best friend's bachelorette party. Dare after dare this shy girl lives the Vegas life as she sets her sights on Gage Rivers. But can one big mistake turn out to be a lifetime of
A Book Lover's Emporium Book Blog
This is a sweet loving story that was well written but it was a little too easy going for my liking, a little too accommodating. I really wanted there to be much more angst and passion in the relationship between the two main characters. I actually would have liked them to have some major problems that they could overcome together but it never really happened, I was waiting and waiting - nothing happened.

When Avery meets Gage on a hen weekend in Vegas the attraction is obvious from the start an
Julia Red Hatter Book Blog
Oct 25, 2018 rated it it was amazing
The Right Mistake is EVERYTHING! Sweet, romantic, swoon-worthy, sexy with fantastic characters and melt your heart writing! Bachelorette party leads to the chapel. Avery has no self confidence, past boyfriends and her family made sure of that. A dare and a chance meeting lead up to her world flipping upside down in the best possible way ever. You can feel the connection Avery and Gage share through the pages. One look had that connection snapping into place. When they decide to try and date, we ...more
MJ's Book Blog and Reviews
Review by: Jennifer
(4 stars)

When Avery goes to Vegas for a bachelorette weekend, she never thought she would be dared to kiss a stranger. But deciding to do one daring thing, she does, she has the best kiss ever. When Gage, the guy she kissed, ends up hanging around for the evening, she is a bit nervous, but once again it's Vegas, a time to be daring. Final straw was when her bestie decided that they should do a fake wedding, so that she can just see how it's done. Only issue, the fake wedding w
Dana
Oct 30, 2018 rated it really liked it
Wow! What a great story!! Meeting each other by chance, Gage and Avery take a big leap of faith!!!

Makes you think if you would ever take that big of a leap or just play it safe???? I just adored Cheyanne!!! Such a cutie!!!

And Avery’s family....GRRRR!!!!! I just want to reach through my nook and b*tch slap Avery’s sister!!!! Thank goodness Avery has Gage because he is all that and more!!!!
Susan (susayq ~)
Nov 01, 2018 rated it really liked it
Wow. I've been missing out by not reading AM Guilliams stuff before now. This was sweet and romantic and made me happy. Gage was so swoony!
Jennifer Aldrich
Oct 25, 2018 rated it liked it
Shelves: 2018
Great heat! The Right Mistake had a lot of heat that was great. The story itself missed its mark for me, but it was an easy read. The characters were good as well. This book is a standalone, but I could see the author writing a novel for one of the minor characters.
The plot of this story was intriguing. I liked the thought of a surprise relationship. Unfortunately, the plot didn’t keep me as interested as I had hoped. While the idea was great, it missed on execution for me.
I liked Avery. She is
Kristen Johnson
Oct 25, 2018 rated it really liked it

The Right Mistake was a fun read, one that I didn't want to put down. It was cute and different from a lot of Las Vegas love stories and I found myself drawn to the characters and their story. This story had a touch of everything I could have asked for bouts of humor, good friends, and an instant connection turned love story with a few surprises.

Avery's been through a lot, and she's got man issues based on her past experiences but her friends get her to let loose with them on the Vegas trip. I
Terri Turner
Oct 26, 2018 rated it liked it

2OCC Reviews
Shelves: jessica
This was a really cute read. The whole Vegas marriage thing was the major theme but then we have a hot super sweet single dad. He had me swooning from the start. Gage and Avery just really seemed to click and I loved that they just seemed to have this fairy tale romance. Chayanne who is Gages daughter was just so cute. I love how she played a big part of the over all story. There was steam, there was laughter and it was just an overall easy read.

The drama that was added into the story with the
Lora
4 1/2 out of 5 stars

My favorite thing about this book was that it didn't have the drama that so many authors think a story needs in order to be great. It had some rough patches and characters there were deplorable, BUT overall, the story was just a romance for the heart.

Avery and Gage meet in a Vegas bar after Avery’s friends challenge her to kiss a stranger. Their love story is quick, dirty, and solid! I loved the way their relationship started and continued. I loved the way she fell into his
Sassy Southern
Nov 25, 2018 rated it it was amazing
The Right Mistake was exactly the right book for me! I can not say enough about how much I loved this book. From start to finish I was hooked and could not put it down. I loved the characters, the story line and the writing was fabulous.

Avery and Gage have so much chemistry it almost lights the book on fire. Right from the start you can feel their connection and I was dying to know what was going to happen between them. While Avery likes to have her life perfectly planned out Gage shows up and
Kari Hansen
Oct 25, 2018 rated it really liked it
While spending the weekend in Vegas for her friend’s bachelorette party Avery is convinced to take a walk on the wild side. Dared by her friends to kiss a gorgeous guy she now finds herself taking home much more than her luggage when they find out they live in the same town.

Gage is a single father, successful businessman and the chemistry between them is off the charts. They decide to try dating but will their real lives determine what happened in Vegas should stay in Vegas or was the mistake ac
Natalie Miernicki
Oct 24, 2018 rated it really liked it
From start to finish this book was anything but a mistake!! Avery is in Vegas at her best friends bachelorette when she's dared to kiss a stranger... Gage Rivers was Avery's right mistake, single dad, successful business owner and an electric magnetic connection that was undeniable from the very first time they set eyes on each other! This book will make you believe in love at first sight, it is a very sweet, hot romance that will make you go AWWWWW!!!! I highly recommend this story and will be ...more
She's a Lip Biter
Heather andrews
Oct 23, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Gage appreciates it when his woman gets distracted by him, "...his abs were perfectly sculpted. * ***. He was perfection. “You checking me out is doing all sorts of things to me,” he whispered as he closed in on me." I loved that Avery could surprise her man, “I have one. I went and got one earlier this week,”I told him, placing the keys back in his hand. He stood there in relative shock that I’d been so thoughtful." I liked this book, I fell in loved Gage.
A.BookNerd.Bookseller&Bibliophile.Blog

Reviewed by: Dana D.
Ashley Sledge( UnderCoversBookBlog)
This book was great!!!
Gage and Avery were an amazing couple.
After agreeing to get "fake married" in Vegas Avery and Gage actually give their fake marriage a go and it is amazing. While Avery has many flaws it seems like Gage doesnt have any, but regardless it was a really great book and I loved it.

If you are a fan of love at first sight kind of an insta-love read then this is the perfect book for you.
Melony Hobgood
Oct 24, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This book was the kind that you read all at one time and I may or may not have forgot to start dinner because I was reading.
Gage is a sweet heart and so romantic but it was little Cheyenne that stole the whole show. And I loved every page of their story. Who wouldn't want a sexy guy to follow them home from Vegas.
Carrie
Oct 25, 2018 rated it it was amazing
10+++ stars!!! I loved this story SOOOOOOO MUCH!!! Gage is an amazing book boyfriend, and I really loved Avery's spirit & personality. She has scars from her past, but she fights her demons & allows Gage to help her.

This story is so sweet, and low drama, and was a joy to read from beginning to end! This would make a great recovery read, and is going on my re-read/favorites shelf!! <3 : )
I Dont Get Sundays
Shelves: arc
This was a good sweet warm hearted story. We meet Gage and Avery in Vegas, where what stays in Vegas, this time, goes home with them. It was a quick insta love story that involves the cutest 3 year old. If you're looking for a sweet man, a smart woman, and to fall in love with them then this is the story for you.
Alphas Do It Better Book Blog
5 stars

This feel good story of second chances had me devouring its pages in one sitting. When you know you know right? Also it has a pretty in depth story line about how mothers come in all flavors and parenting shouldn’t be just for those who are able to have babies. It was so special and raw.

Laura - Alphas Do It Better Book Blog
Cindy Fong
Oct 24, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Love found on a dare.

Avery, challenged to kiss a man in a club never expected that this one act would result in marriage and her HEA. Gage is all man and was drawn to Avery. Luckily she felt the connection and choose him. Together with his daughter they forge on to make a family.

This was a sweet read with tender moments as the reader witnesses love unfolding. Very engaging and entertaining.
Danielle Wormald
Oct 24, 2018 rated it liked it
A fast paced sweet and loving story ...

Maybe a little too nice .... I felt like I was waiting for something to happen ... something to go wrong ... a bombshell to drop

Although their love story was sweet and gentle it was just too plain sailing for me.

Amber
Nov 01, 2018 rated it really liked it
Avery expects her trip to Las Vegas to be a girls weekend. She is there to celebrate her friend getting married, after all. In her mind, it is all about the bachelorette party...until she wakes up the next morning. All of a sudden, the fake wedding to a stranger, which sounded like such a good idea last night, ends up being not so fake after all. The clerk at the chapel mailed in the marriage license before they could take it back, and Avery is stuck married to a guy who she knows absolutely not ...more
Danielle
Oct 30, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Fantastic insta-love story!!

Avery is in Vegas for her best friend's bachelorette party. As a dare, she kisses a stranger at a bar, never expecting the powerful connection she would feel towards him and vice versa. When circumstances bring Avery to spend more time with the handsome stranger, Gage, it becomes harder for the two to deny the chemistry between them and walk away once the getaway is over in Vegas. Can something that began on a dare build to something that will last forever?

This is my
Sunny Shelly Reads
Oct 28, 2018 rated it really liked it
What happens in Vegas doesn’t stay in Vegas for Avery when she kisses a stranger on a dare, then “fake marries” him. He turns out to be wealthy Gage Rivers, who also lives in Seattle, and their fake marriage turns out to be legit. Deciding to make the most of their mistake, Avery begins to date her husband.

I’m usually not a fan of instalove stories, but this was an adorable, light, fun book. Aside from Avery’s nasty family, there is zero drama and some swoon-worthy moments with single dad Gage a
Sarah Dale
Oct 29, 2018 rated it really liked it
Soon as I started this book I was completely hooked. Been a while since I read something from A.M Guilliams and after reading this I am kicking myself for leaving it so long and wondering why?!?!

She has delivered this sweet, swoon-worthy romance that is addictive and easy to read and devour quickly. We have been given fantastic characters that melt you heart and wanting more. Add in this is a sexy, single dad romance makes this book even hotter to me.

What I did like was that it was low angst bu
Renee Entress
Shelves: arc, read-2018
3.5 star

I was pulled right into this story. The story has laughs, and predictability.

This is Avery and Gage’s story. Avery is shy but when she goes to Vegas for a hen party she meets Gage. They are instantly attracted to each other, but Avery is thinking that anything that happens in Vegas stays in Vegas. But what happens when it follows you home? This couple seamlessly fit into each other’s life at times just too easily. I mean they had a few issues but all in all it just seemed everything work
A.M. Guilliams is a romantic suspense and women’s fiction author who currently resides in Virginia with her husband, three children, and fur babies. Books, flip flops, coffee, chocolate, The Walking Dead, and Chicago Fire are just a few of her obsessions. Her love of books began with novels by Stephen King, Mary Higgins Clark, and the poetry of Edgar Allan Poe. When she’s not writing, you can find ...more