Start by marking “Fireball (River Street Bar #1)” as Want to Read:
Fireball (River Street Bar #1)

Fireball

(River Street Bar #1)

He’s infuriating…
Dempsey Jones has been a nuisance my entire life, the straight-laced Boy Scout grown up to be a firefighter, of all things. He was the one helping kittens out of trees and old ladies cross the road while I was lighting cherry bombs with my best friend in abandoned buildings, and now that we’re all grown up—even if my Dad doesn’t agree—he’s still just as a
Kindle Edition
Published March 5th 2018

To ask other readers questions about Fireball, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Fireball

Start your review of Fireball (River Street Bar #1)
Kate

Where is that fence? I need to sit on it for a while and think about this book. 3, 4 or 5 stars. Not an easy feat.

After a shitty night’s sleep my feels on this aren’t much better. I’m going with 3 stars here.

The Characters & The Chemistry

Taite is the heroine of the book and the mascot of the police department and the Chief’s daughter is now a police officer herself and one of River City’s finest.

I really don’t know how to feel about Taite, I went from liking her at the beginning, to loathing he
Holly Baker
Mar 17, 2018 rated it really liked it
You all know by now I'm a huge Nazarea Andrew's fan so it will come as no surprise that I devoured her latest release as soon as it hit my kindle! Fireball was such a fun and sexy and easy read, and I'm really excited to see this series continue.

Tatie was a really great character, she was funny and kinda cocky, and 100% a strong and kick ass woman. Dempsey was all kinds of swoon-worthy and adorable, while at the same time being very very sexy!! The chemistry between these two was off the charts
Tina ( As Told By Tina )
This review was originally posted on As Told By TinaI received this book for free from InkSlinger PR in exchange for an honest review. This does not affect my opinion of the book or the content of my review. ...more
Alexandra
Mar 07, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 1018
I received an e-ARC from the author in exchange for an honest review. Review and blog tour can be found on *Milky Way of Books*

Dempsey and Taite's story was one scorching tale of humor and swoon-worthy moments! I like how they banter and have this antagonism going on and I also liked how despite their rough exterior both of them were very wounded and needed someone to understand them.

Leaving out the 'friends-with-benefits' trope, Dempsey is truly in love with Taite but she doesn't know. And desp
Sascha
Mar 11, 2018 rated it really liked it
I think when you read as many books as I do that you always hope to be surprised, delighted, swept away, but so frequently are. Within a few pages, I knew that Fireball by Nazarea Andrews was going to be one of those very seldom books.

Because I practically speed-read this novel and it’s actually very late (or early, depending on your perspective), I am approaching this review somewhat differently than I normally would.

The very first word I’d use to describe this novel is affection. I felt like A
Melenia
Mar 20, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: kindle
A decent read. I had not read anything by this author before so I didn’t really know what to except. This is a new series for her, so I’m hoping the next book will be even better.

I think most people will enjoy this book. It has an unusual story line and wraps up with a HEA while alluding to more things to come.

The multitude of characters threw me off for a while. That is probably my biggest complaint is that there are so many characters that it is hard to keep track, especially when you use mul
Kim
Mar 10, 2018 rated it really liked it
Taite and Dempsey used to be friends as kids. As the daughter of the police chief and the son of the mayor, they naturally found themselves pushed together by circumstance and they were inseparable for a while. But over the years they grew apart, particularly after Taite's new best friend Miguel moved to town, and now they snipe and snarl at each other at every given opportunity. Since Dempsey is a captain in the town's fire department and Taite is an officer on the police force, they have plent ...more
Christie72
I love when a book surprises me, and boy this book surprised me. From the very first scene, I knew I was going to love Taite!

Taite is a police officer and daughter of the police chief in her small town. Finding out more about her, I wouldn’t have thought she would be a police officer, but she is. She is a good one! Dempsey is a firefighter and paramedic. He is good at his job too! They have known each other their entire lives and were friends briefly. As time passed, they could barely tolerate o
Amy
Mar 12, 2018 rated it really liked it
I definitely wasn't sure about this book going into the story. The heroine Taite got on my nerves with her hot and cold attitude. I wondered if she was just using Dempsey. I think they bother were probably using each other at first. As I kept reading I really got into the story and found myself caring about the characters. I think what really sold me on this story is that it is kind of like Grey's Anatomy meets small town. Instead of the story being about doctors it is about first responders.
Ta
Malissa
Mar 07, 2018 rated it really liked it

What a fun and heart warming little contemporary romance. I throughly enjoyed this new book from Nazarea Andrews and am looking forward to the future of this series. I loved the best friends to enemies to lovers aspect of this book as well as the small town vibe it has going on. Though I will say that the small town vibe also made it confusing a time or two for me when I was trying to figure out who is who, who is a parent, who is a sibling, who is a best friend, who is a couple....There are a L
Bobo's Book Bank
FIREBALL is book one in the River Street Bar series and is actually my first read by author Nazarea Andrews! This is a contemporary standalone with a small town vibe.

Taite is the daughter of the town's police chief and a cop herself. Dempsey is the son of the mayor and a firefighter/paramedic (swoon worthy in itself!). When the police department and the fire department go head-to-head in a competition to raise money for the town, Dempsey and Taite find there's more at stake then who will be the
Brittany from Can’t Quit Books
Taite and Dempsey have a strange hate with benefits relationship. Dempsey is the fire captain and Taite is the police chief’s daughter. Being 1st responders requires that they work closely together. They feel this pull between them and channel that anger and emotion the only way they know how. When the past comes back to haunt Dempsey, will he succumb to the lies or will Taite help him see the light?

This book was an okay read for me. I wanted to really like it, but there were several things that
Casey
May 06, 2018 rated it really liked it
Find this review and more at Ramblings From This Chick

Fireball is the first book in the new River Street Bar Series from Nazarea Andrews. I have been a big fan of Nazarea's for quite awhile now, and this book was a great read, just like I have come to expect from her. I enjoyed it from start to finish, and I think readers are going to like this one a lot.

Dempsey and Taite have known each other since they were kids, and while he was the straight-laced do-gooder, she was always the mischievous on
Mar 07, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I'm an Emergency Dispatcher, and work with Law Enforcement, Fire and EMS day in and day out, so I'm partial to books that involve these elements. However, that also means I'm known to be more critical of those same books, because I know what goes into those careers. That being said, this book was amazing! The characters were interesting, the story line fun, and the whole PD/FD rivalry was hilarious. I can totally see my FD and PD guys getting involved in something like that!

Taite is the daughte
Lynn Reynolds
Shelves: finished-reading
Taite Ridley’s day isn’t off to the best start. Our author surprises me with this character and I’ll let you enjoy that yourself – it’s a reminder not to make assumptions. Dempsey Jones thinks he’s got game. And you know that things are going to get interesting from there. Be prepared to chuckle because you just never know what’s going to come next.

I know this is tagged as friend to lovers but in getting to know these two at the beginning I wouldn’t say they were friends. Maybe frenemies would b
Shauna
Mar 14, 2018 rated it it was ok
The premise of this book I was onboard with - I mean who doesn't love an enemies to friend love story? A cop and a firefighter... a small town with family and friends to witness your error until you get your HEA....those are my favorite kind of books!

Then this book went all kinds of sideways for me. It had so many plot holes that it never really stuck to anything except their hate for one another when everything else was about loving one another. Taithe was supposed, I can only assume, bisexual,
Sarah Dale
Mar 10, 2018 rated it really liked it
This is the first book in this new series and I am completely hooked already. Nazarea has brought us a brilliant cast of characters, a gripping storyline, beautiful raw emotion mixed in with humour and intense red-hot chemistry. The main characters were so real, had real emotions and vulnerabilities.

Taite is quite a strong, sassy character, she only has a few people she keeps close and lets in. She’s been sparring with Dempsey. They have such a high sexual tension between them, its obvious they
2kasmom
Mar 10, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: police, fireman
Taite and Dempsey have known each other since they were children. Been friends and enemies alike. The new dynamic between them has been leaving them both unsettled.

Dempsey wants to try for a future with Taite. He knows that the animosity she shows toward him and the fire department is part of the job. Behind closed doors, there are secrets that may get out. Sooner or later someone in their small town will know.

This was such a great story. Kind of a slow burn, (pun not intended - but I'll take i
Isha Coleman
Mar 07, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: first-reads
Fireball (River Street Bar Book 1) by Nazarea Andrews

Dempsey and Taite don't know how to be subtle. There is no love lost between the town bad girl and the resident goody two shoes. He irks her and she gets him all hot and bothered. There will be blood. Hearts are racing. Sparks are flying. Danger is up ahead. Will they fight to the death or finally give in to their heart's desires. Fireball is an explosively, spicy curve ball of a read that keeps readers on their toes the whole way through.

Ree
Mar 09, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This is a fun, small town romance with all the angst & rivalry that come along with this trope. There is heat, too, but it's sweet at the same time.

Taite and Dempsey are both broken; carrying the baggage of their past, and this prevents them from fully admitting and accepting that true love could be in their combined future. The entire town knows how they feel about each other, but will they be brave enough to reach out and grab a chance at happiness?

This is a great start to the series, and I lo
Melinda
Mar 24, 2018 rated it really liked it
Nazarea Andrews is starting off a new series that is intriguing, hot and sexy in every way. We have a police and fire department battling for more than just who can raise the most money but a chance of love. Taite and Dempsey are more than just oil and water they sizzle every time together in a way that is hotter than ever. Nazarea Andrews started in a hot way with these two and cannot wait who is next in this series.

"I received an eBook copy from the publisher for the purpose of an honest revi
Chasidy
Mar 08, 2018 rated it really liked it
I thoroughly enjoyed reading Dempsey and Taite’s story. I love their love hate relationship. The chemistry between the two is intense. Fireball took me on an emotional rollercoaster. They story kept me on my toes and wanting more. I enjoyed the characters and the storyline. I highly recommend and cannot wait to read more in the series.
Josephine
Mar 11, 2018 rated it it was ok
Shelves: dnf
Marika
Mar 14, 2018 rated it really liked it
I loved Dempsey and Taite...both stubborn and both with secrets and pasts heartbreak they can't seem to shake!
I loved their banter and I loved how they fought but neither of them could deny the chemistry and their history!
They drove me half mad lol with their pushing and pulling but it fits the story perfectly!
I really really hope for their best friends' stories!
Brandy Roberts
Mar 08, 2018 rated it really liked it
I thought Fireball was a goof read and a first by the author I just Know i'll be going back and reading more by her . With a really good stoyline with likable characters you can't help to fall for what is going to happen or already happened .
Mar 11, 2018 rated it really liked it
My first book by Nazarea, and I really enjoyed it. Dempsey and Taite seem to hate each other, but is the hate actually hiding other emotions.

Taite has many issues, can she get pass them to finally let herself love Dempsey.
Carrie
Mar 21, 2018 rated it liked it
Not my favorite

This story had such potential, but didn't quite reach it for me. Taite & Dempsey are great characters, tho. : )
Rachel
Sep 01, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I loved this story and the dynamic between Dempsey and Taite. It was laugh out loud funny at times and swoon worthy at others!
Taylor Clenin
Apr 24, 2018 rated it really liked it
I really enjoyed this book! The characters all had a spine, and they were all sarcastic and likable. The overall storyline of this book definitely dragged me in, and I had a really hard time putting this one down. I loved the romantic element between the Dempsey and Taite, and I loved how they looked out for each other. There was several other great elements to the story that gave it some depth, and I was so happy with this one.
Tanya Rae ~ TaSTy WordGasms
I really enjoyed reading Fireball! Fireball is book 1 in the River Street Bar Series.

Taite Ridley is a small town girl. While Taite was away at college all she could think of was going back to her small town, River City. Dempsey Jones also lives in River City. Taite and Dempsey grew up together and they hated each other while in high school. Taite’s father is the Police Chief and Dempsey’s mother is the Mayor. So, you know they can’t not see each other, not only because of their parents but, th

• Two Wedding Crashers (Dating By Numbers, #2)
  • The Hook-Up Experiment (The Experiment, #1)
  • The Birthday List (Maysen Jar, #1)
  • Aiden (Vested Interest, #2)
  • The Dating Experiment (The Experiment, #2)
  • The Right Stud
  • Ride Dirty (Raven Riders #4)
  • Keep on Loving You (Calamity Falls)
  • Taming Him (Bishop Brothers, #1)
  • Nailed Down (Nailed Down, #1)
  • Bro Code
  • Love Again (Cowboys and Angels, #4)
  • Too Much Information (Awkward Love, #3)
  • I Dare You
  • Chaser (Dive Bar, #3)
  • Tussle (World Class Wrestling #1)
  • On His Knees (Blasphemy #4)
  • The Wright Love (Wright Love Duet, #1)
Nazarea Andrews is an avid reader and tends to write the stories she wants to read. She loves chocolate and coffee almost as much as she loves books, but not quite as much as she loves her kids. She lives in south Georgia with her husband, daughters, and overgrown dog.

River Street Bar (5 books)
  • Rusty Nail (River Street Bar #2)
  • Sloe Screw (River Street Bar #3)
  • Whiskey Sour (River Street Bar #4)
  • Blushing Kisses (River Street Bar #5)